Blowout Cards Forums
Hallowwen

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 10:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

ohh robin van persie!

http://www.youtube.com/user/LAGalaxyCards/featured
diegorvca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiergooner View Post
He is dead to me. I hate him more than any athlete in the world.
Tied with Adebayor for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorvca View Post
ohh robin van persie!
Enjoy the europa league, Robin!
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #28 (permalink)

In other news...Thanks, Chelsea!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
Tied with Adebayor for me

Enjoy the europa league, Robin!
Honestly, in retrospect I think Adebayor got some bad advice from his agent, the fans turned on him, then he wanted to get back at them when he scored against us. Had it been against any other team I would have thought it was hilarious.

Van Persie was so much worse. He was an Arsenal supporter as a child. Always thought he was a great player but he couldn't stay on the field, he finally has a season where he plays the whole season, is Footballer of the Year then forces through a move to rival club. I hope he rots there.
hoosiergooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Honestly, in retrospect I think Adebayor got some bad advice from his agent, the fans turned on him, then he wanted to get back at them when he scored against us. Had it been against any other team I would have thought it was hilarious.

Van Persie was so much worse. He was an Arsenal supporter as a child. Always thought he was a great player but he couldn't stay on the field, he finally has a season where he plays the whole season, is Footballer of the Year then forces through a move to rival club. I hope he rots there.
I more than agree, van Persie is by far the the player i hate more than any other in the game, i just rate Adebayor at his level because I have always felt celebrating aganist your old club was the biggest sign of disrespect, especially when you run the pitch to do so. He had just signed a new contract with Arsenal saying he was committed, onyl for months later to move to, as Kolo Toure would call it, "Money" City

Last edited by Tones; 02-03-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #31 (permalink)

Hey all,
Just found this thread. I'm a HUGE United and Gillingham fan! Thought I'd just weigh in on the Red's season. I, like most people, have been very disappointed with Moyes. He was fantastic with Everton and I don't know why that didn't transfer over. Of course Fellaini has been a bit disappointing. I enjoyed watching him play at Everton, but doesn't quite seem himself. I was fortunate enough to see him play against Juventus at AT&T park with Everton over the summer. He had such a dominating physical presence. I like the Mata signing. A creative player is what we really need. He was one of the best players in the league a year or two ago and really just fell out of favor under Mourinho. I really think we need to go into "rebuilding" mode. This offseason I think we have to sell off a bunch of players. I'd like to see Evra, Ferdinand, Nani, Young, and RVP leave. I didn't like the van Persie signing and I don't think he fits in with the team. I'd love to see Welbeck play up front with Januzaj and have Rooney play just behind the two of them. The only bright spot of our season has been Adnan Januzaj. I think we'll finish where we are in 7th. As far as Gillingham's season, I'm very pleased. We started out pretty rough but we're sitting comfortably in 12th which is great for a newly promoted team!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #32 (permalink)

Moyes has settled into United quiet well IMO. He spent years working to raise Everton above ManU. Well, mission complete
Old 02-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Moyes has settled into United quiet well IMO. He spent years working to raise Everton above ManU. Well, mission complete
Haha I can't say I disagree with you. Our awefull form can't be blamed solely on Moyes. He just needs time to get the team how he wants and then we'll be fine........hopefully
Old 02-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalrusCircus View Post
Haha I can't say I disagree with you. Our awefull form can't be blamed solely on Moyes. He just needs time to get the team how he wants and then we'll be fine........hopefully
Ahhh, he can continue what he's doing Half my family is originally from Manchester, the other half from Sicily. I grew up in an ManU/AC Milan family, first generation American. I always got pressured to pick sides....back in the summer of 1999, I decided I didn't want to pick sides, so I picked Arsenal, and it has been that way ever since. Past 9 years I have been getting stick (especially from those from Manchester) about Arsenal, I enjoy the tables being turned
Old 02-04-2014, 09:02 PM   #35 (permalink)

GGMU!!!!!!!!!
Trouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Manchester United - 20
Liverpool - 18
Arsenal - 13
Chelsea - 4
Man City - 3
Sunderland, Villa, and Everton have more titles than Chelsea and City

Old 02-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diegorvca View Post
Manchester United - 20
Liverpool - 18
Arsenal - 13
Chelsea - 4
Man City - 3
Sunderland, Villa, and Everton have more titles than Chelsea and City
Nuff said
Trouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:27 PM   #38 (permalink)

In the eyes of another gooner, the only way the one who shall not be spoken of redeems himself is to come back to our side, and admit he sold out. Will that happen? Not a chance, but it's worth noting how much I currently hate him. I mean, I almost hate him more than Man U as a whole. He could've gone ANYWHERE else in the world..but to a rival, and what might as well be the Yankees of the EPL?? No, completely disrespectful. I'm currently ashamed to have bought his away kit during their 125th anniversary year, the year they had the special logos.
TIcowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:50 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIcowboys View Post
In the eyes of another gooner, the only way the one who shall not be spoken of redeems himself is to come back to our side, and admit he sold out. Will that happen? Not a chance, but it's worth noting how much I currently hate him. I mean, I almost hate him more than Man U as a whole. He could've gone ANYWHERE else in the world..but to a rival, and what might as well be the Yankees of the EPL?? No, completely disrespectful. I'm currently ashamed to have bought his away kit during their 125th anniversary year, the year they had the special logos.
I have it too, is there any way to remove the Lextra letters/number. Its a super nice kit and I can't wear it. Thankfully I got Henry on my long sleeve.
hoosiergooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I have it too, is there any way to remove the Lextra letters/number. Its a super nice kit and I can't wear it. Thankfully I got Henry on my long sleeve.
i as well have that kit, bought it at the beginning of the season after Na$ri left. Love the kit, but only wear when i can wear a jacket covering the back
Old 02-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #41 (permalink)

I liked him for so long that part of me still wants to keep it just in case he comes back towards the end of his career, ala Henry. Make no mistake though, no comeback, or player, will ever be like Thierry, but still.. I wasn't impressed with the kits this year, so I currently have only my old Henry kits. But, now that the boys have a pretty solid shot at the title, I'm further holding out for next years switch to Puma, which hopefully comes with a small price reduction, and much more importantly, those beautiful gold arm patches...
Old 02-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #42 (permalink)

I think it would of been disrespectful for Van Persie to join a team in London like Spurs etc but it's not disrespectful to join United. He wanted a change and United wanted him so he went there, after all it has got him his first Premier League title. Ok Arsenal loved him but he wanted to move on, he's a great player and a big loss and I understand being upset over him leaving, I'm upset over Barry, Young, Milner etc leaving but to hate him for it is a bit much, unless he scored the winning goal against ye which meant ye lost the league by a point to United or something. Don't take it like I hate Arsenal I was born and raised in North London, you could see Highbury from where I lived, I just think it's a bit unfair to hate a player for leaving.

With regards to the league I think City will win it, it'll be tight but I think they have just that little something extra
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
I liked him for so long that part of me still wants to keep it just in case he comes back towards the end of his career, ala Henry. Make no mistake though, no comeback, or player, will ever be like Thierry, but still.. I wasn't impressed with the kits this year, so I currently have only my old Henry kits. But, now that the boys have a pretty solid shot at the title, I'm further holding out for next years switch to Puma, which hopefully comes with a small price reduction, and much more importantly, those beautiful gold arm patches...
a close second would be Fabregas i would love to see him make a return. I am actually wearing a Fabregas jersey from the 07/08 season as we speak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
I think it would of been disrespectful for Van Persie to join a team in London like Spurs etc but it's not disrespectful to join United. He wanted a change and United wanted him so he went there, after all it has got him his first Premier League title. Ok Arsenal loved him but he wanted to move on, he's a great player and a big loss and I understand being upset over him leaving, I'm upset over Barry, Young, Milner etc leaving but to hate him for it is a bit much, unless he scored the winning goal against ye which meant ye lost the league by a point to United or something. Don't take it like I hate Arsenal I was born and raised in North London, you could see Highbury from where I lived, I just think it's a bit unfair to hate a player for leaving.

With regards to the league I think City will win it, it'll be tight but I think they have just that little something extra
you have to look at it from an Arsenal perspective. van Persie was more than a player, he was a fan of the team. Year after year, injury problem after injury problem, we stood by him. Not only that he was given contract extensions. Then comes 2010/11, he has one full campaign and all of a sudden he wan't out. If he got injured at some point that season, guess where be? most likely still at arsenal. We stood by him, and then when we needed him the most, he leaves. And now his bridges are burnt, and he wants back because its not all great as he thought? sorry no...
Old 02-05-2014, 07:59 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
a close second would be Fabregas i would love to see him make a return. I am actually wearing a Fabregas jersey from the 07/08 season as we speak

you have to look at it from an Arsenal perspective. van Persie was more than a player, he was a fan of the team. Year after year, injury problem after injury problem, we stood by him. Not only that he was given contract extensions. Then comes 2010/11, he has one full campaign and all of a sudden he wan't out. If he got injured at some point that season, guess where be? most likely still at arsenal. We stood by him, and then when we needed him the most, he leaves. And now his bridges are burnt, and he wants back because its not all great as he thought? sorry no...
I do understand that, it is the same with Villa and Barry, he loved the club and we loved him and as soon as City came knocking with their money and aspirations for success he went and won the league. I see why he left, and it was to further his career and it did, he won the premier league too. I just feel Van Persie saw it as his opportunity for success which it was
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #45 (permalink)

I think most disappointing of all is Arsene being too stubborn to sign a backup for Giroud, as if he thinks Bendtner is an adequate backup for him.. This is their best chance in years to win it all, and what does he do? Sign an old midfielder who he knows has an injury, thus making the move mostly pointless. Oh, and besides Liverpool, they've yet to beat a top tier team..bad feelings all around.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:46 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I think most disappointing of all is Arsene being too stubborn to sign a backup for Giroud, as if he thinks Bendtner is an adequate backup for him.. This is their best chance in years to win it all, and what does he do? Sign an old midfielder who he knows has an injury, thus making the move mostly pointless. Oh, and besides Liverpool, they've yet to beat a top tier team..bad feelings all around.
not to mention, of the 3 top teams right now, we have the hardest schedule
Old 02-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
You guys can have hime back! haha. van Persie is a great player, don't get me worng, but I just don't like him on United. I wasn't that excited when we initially signed him. I mean we have quite a few strikers who can get the job done already. I'd love to see Hernandez and Welbeck get more playing time. I love Welbeck, he's probably my favorite player. I guess I just don't like us signing big players form other big clubs. It makes us look like the Yankees!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #48 (permalink)

Dermot Gallagher lifts lid on Sir Alex Ferguson's 'influence' of referees | Mail Online
Old 02-07-2014, 06:22 PM   #49 (permalink)

Just got to meet Captain Marvel himself Bryan Robson

Old 02-08-2014, 12:46 PM   #50 (permalink)

What a display by Liverpool today against Arsenal!