Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2014, 12:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Richard Petty ACCEPTS Offer to Race Danica

The Richard Petty-Danica Patrick-Tony Stewart saga just won't stop. Goaded by "Fox & Friends" hosts on Friday morning, Petty accepted Stewart's offer to set up a head-to-head race between Patrick and the NASCAR Hall of Famer. "I'm 76 years old, OK?" Petty said, grinning, during a live spot from Daytona International Speedway. "It's been 25 years since I've been in a race car. But I'll take that challenge." When pressed, he reaffirmed, "Oh, yeah. When is this going to happen?" When asked by Fox hosts about his critique of Patrick's career, he stated, "I judge by results."(ESPN)(2-22-2014)

Even if Danica WERE to win this race, I still think Tony Stewart is nuts to defend her like he did. I realize he's her team owner, but the way he downgraded Petty's success was absolutely ridculous:

He drove in an era when he had cars that were superior to what everybody else was running a lot. I think he forgets that, that NASCAR has changed a lot since he was a driver and how hard it really is now."
Old 02-22-2014, 01:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

Petty had no control over which era he drove in. He did the best he could with what he was given, what else was he supposed to do? Some one got to win.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/Sjim8660/library/?sort=3&page=0
sjim8660 is offline   Reply With Quote