Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #51 (permalink)

I don't really get the Alexis signing. He is a quality player, but not at a position we need to strengthen. We have Walcott, Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski, etc. Need a striker and a DM much more. I want Vidal, proven top class player at a position of need.
hoosiergooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:35 AM   #52 (permalink)

Still seeing conflicting reports on Sanchez. Some say he's signed, some say he's going to the UK to talk to both teams, some say he's said bye to all the ballboys and taken extra towels from the physio room ahead of any potential move. 'Cept maybe that last one.

Always looking for Galaxy and soccer autos & patches!
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:16 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTaco77 View Post
Still seeing conflicting reports on Sanchez. Some say he's signed, some say he's going to the UK to talk to both teams, some say he's said bye to all the ballboys and taken extra towels from the physio room ahead of any potential move. 'Cept maybe that last one.
Barca want Sanchez to go to Liverpool to lower the price of Suarez but if he says he'd rather go to Arsenal then it gives him power over Barca. He is trying to maneuver a payday for himself to go to Liverpool. It makes zero sense for him to go to Arsenal BUT stranger things have happened like a player biting someone 3 times!

Could have sold him for crazy Bale money but he just HAD to bite someone (again). Perhaps told to by Barca? let the conspiracy begin!
foreverLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:27 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverLFC View Post
Barca want Sanchez to go to Liverpool to lower the price of Suarez but if he says he'd rather go to Arsenal then it gives him power over Barca. He is trying to maneuver a payday for himself to go to Liverpool. It makes zero sense for him to go to Arsenal BUT stranger things have happened like a player biting someone 3 times!

Could have sold him for crazy Bale money but he just HAD to bite someone (again). Perhaps told to by Barca? let the conspiracy begin!
He'll be going for not-quite-Bale money. Liverpool aren't letting him go cheap.

As for Sanchez, I'd agree that he makes more sense for Liverpool but I'[d be pretty happy to get him if I was an Arsenal fan, too. I think him and Giroud would make a decent partnership.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:54 AM   #55 (permalink)

I've been seeing that Sanchez is holding up the move as he would like to move to Juventus more than that of Arsenal
Old 07-07-2014, 09:10 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverLFC View Post

I'm with Barca on this one, not just for self-interest but because, like you said, it makes no sense to go to Arsenal. Liverpool aren't too sexy on the international level anymore, though, and Arsenal are.

I did hear that LFC were working a deal with Barca beforehand, so it would make sense (Suarez-thinking-sense) to bite someone and force the move. If that's the case, he can rot in Spain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
He'll be going for not-quite-Bale money. Liverpool aren't letting him go cheap.
75 million pounds seems to be the number being thrown about. A boatload of money, no striker coming in, and a whole bunch of teams that know the Reds are bursting with cash. This should end well.

Always looking for Galaxy and soccer autos & patches!
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:03 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosiergooner View Post
I don't really get the Alexis signing. He is a quality player, but not at a position we need to strengthen. We have Walcott, Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski, etc. Need a striker and a DM much more. I want Vidal, proven top class player at a position of need.
Sanchez has more experience on the right and I agree we don't need him there, but i think Wenger wants to convert him into a central striker. I think he could be a solid signing. Have Podolski or Walcott up front, have Cazorla on the left and Sanchez on the right.

Vidal im actually gunna say no... way to over-priced, we could probably get Marco Reus, just as talented if not more, younger, and about 15 million cheaper
Looking for: 2014 Tier One Baseball Mark Teixeira Bat Knob 1/1 [Finders Fee]
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #58 (permalink)

Today's lastest headlining rumors/news
Villarreal are poised to sign Serbian defender Antonio Rukavina on a two-year contract, pending the result of a medical
Keylor Navas' agent has claimed that both FC Porto and Atletico Madrid have made offers for the Costa Rica goalkeeper
Rubin Kazan midfielder Yann M'Vila and Roma left-back Dodo are undergoing medicals with Inter Milan
Real Madrid have reportedly offered 40million (31.8m) for Paris St Germain midfielder Marco Verratti
Brighton midfielder Jake Forster-Caskey has signed a new deal until 2017, while goalkeeper Christian Walton has agreed an extension through to 2018
Bristol City have signed Luke Ayling on a three-year deal
Ashley Cole has completed his move to Roma after leaving Chelsea
Fiorentina are hoping to convince Colombia winger Juan Cuadrado to stay at the Serie A club. The 26-year-old, who impressed at the World Cup, has recently been linked with a move to Barcelona
Thomas Vermaelen is set to meet with Arsenal to finalise his future, with Manchester United poised to step up their interest
Schalke general manager Horst Heldt claims the club have had no contact from Liverpool over a possible move for Holland international Klaas-Jan Huntelaar
Fulham agree 11million deal for Leeds striker Ross McCormack
Everton have held talks with Chelsea regarding a loan deal for Demba Ba
Liverpool are said to be closing in on Benfica winger Lazar Markovic
Bayern Munich have announced the arrival of Spain Under-21 left-back Juan Bernat from Valencia for an undisclosed fee

Old 07-08-2014, 12:30 PM   #59 (permalink)

glossing right over some biggish Hull City news...

Tom Ince signs two-year contract with Hull City | Football | theguardian.com

offense is looking much stronger (and younger) now.
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #60 (permalink)

Sanchez deal is done according to a lot of reports, great signing for Arsenal (Even though i'm jealous as a United fan :P ).
Old 07-10-2014, 09:42 AM   #61 (permalink)

Today's lastest headlining rumors/news
Aston Villa are closing in on the signing of former Fulham man Kieran Richardson
Bayern Munich have announced that the transfer of Croatia striker Mario Mandzukic to Atletico Madrid has now been completed
Liverpool are said to be mulling over a £10million bid for Swansea left-back Ben Davies
Dani Alves is not looking to leave Barcelona but there have been reports of interest from Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester City are expected to confirm later today that Samir Nasri has signed a new four-year deal
Crystal Palace striker Kwesi Appiah has rejoined League Two new boys Cambridge United on loan until 10th January
Alexis Sanchez will undergo a medical at Arsenal as he puts the finishing touches to a £31.8 million move from FC Barcelona
Newcastle United are ready to mount a fresh bid to re-sign Loic Remy
Eintracht Frankfurt have confirmed they have made an offer for former Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner
Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has signed a new five-year contract with the Premier League club
AC Milan striker Alessandro Matri is closing in a move to Genoa with the player set to undergo a medical ahead of a loan move
Roma are poised to sign Monaco winger Yannick Carrasco
Napoli are hopeful of tying up a deal for Swansea forward Michu
Inter Milan are to make another approach to sign Manchester City striker Stevan Jovetic
Arsenal will have made a bid for Real Madrid star Sami Khedira. The midfielder is understood to be available for £24million
Mikel Arteta’s agent has told the Italian press that the midfielder is enjoying life at Arsenal and has no desire to leave for Fiorentina
Adil Rami is close to joining AC Milan on a permanent deal
Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata is reported to be on the verge of completing a €22million (£17.5m) move to Juventus
Juventus have made an approach to Manchester United to sign France full-back Patrice Evra
Robert Lewandowski has been officially presented as a Bayern Munich player
Gonzalo Higuain insists he will stay at Napoli next season despite speculation linking him with Barcelona

Last edited by Tones; 07-10-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #62 (permalink)

BREAKING NEWS!
Arsenal have completed their first major signing of the summer as Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez joins from Barcelona

Old 07-10-2014, 03:08 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
BREAKING NEWS!
Arsenal have completed their first major signing of the summer as Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez joins from Barcelona

Making splashes!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:23 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS!

Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal: Barcelona forward 'completes medical' as he finalises move to Gunners - Transfers - Football - The Independent

Debuchy and Remy to come as well? If the latter is true, I have to think Giroud may be gone..
Old 07-10-2014, 04:21 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger221166 View Post
Alexis Sanchez to Arsenal: Barcelona forward 'completes medical' as he finalises move to Gunners - Transfers - Football - The Independent

Debuchy and Remy to come as well? If the latter is true, I have to think Giroud may be gone..
Lol Giroud isn't going anywhere, we needed striker depth last season, and then a few weeks ago we released Bendtner and Chu-Young, Sanchez is not a naturals striker he is more of a wing player, who has been deployed up front as cover. We have Joel Campbell back now who had an outstanding WC and can compete with Giroud but is still young and has no EPL experience, Remy is the competition

P.S. Take anything Indi says with a grain of sand, unreliable source. Debuchy is going to be signed yes, Remy maybe, but I only trust/post via Sky Sports, BBC, and offical club websites

Last edited by Tones; 07-10-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:38 PM   #66 (permalink)

Are they the new Arsenal kits? Look like cycling jerseys!
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
they are the training tops and shorts, the kits haven't been unveiled yet so they didn't put him in the kit
Old 07-10-2014, 04:52 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
yeah wtf puma! they look horrible

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:04 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
yeah wtf puma! they look horrible
see previous post, kit unveiling is tonight
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-arc...watch-it-live-

Last edited by Tones; 07-10-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #70 (permalink)

new kits unveiled, left to right: 3rd kit, Home, Away

Old 07-10-2014, 06:32 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
new kits unveiled, left to right: 3rd kit, Home, Away

Ozil's eyes lol but I like the 3rd kit. Home kits looks like one of the older ones they had in the 2000's without the stripes.
Trouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #72 (permalink)

I know I may be in the minority but I think their commemorative jersey is pretty cool. Shame it can't be purchased

Last edited by Portlaw; 07-10-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol Giroud isn't going anywhere, we needed striker depth last season, and then a few weeks ago we released Bendtner and Chu-Young, Sanchez is not a naturals striker he is more of a wing player, who has been deployed up front as cover. We have Joel Campbell back now who had an outstanding WC and can compete with Giroud but is still young and has no EPL experience, Remy is the competition

P.S. Take anything Indi says with a grain of sand, unreliable source. Debuchy is going to be signed yes, Remy maybe, but I only trust/post via Sky Sports, BBC, and offical club websites
agree totally re: Independent -- merely as a thought exercise, though, if you pick up Remy, with Walcott, Campbell (if not sold himself), and Sanchez in the fold then I actually don't see Giroud sticking around unless Arsene totally changes up his model. He was obviously pissed at Giroud last season for the whole extramarital affair scandal, and I think Giroud has way too much ego to be a part-time player. That's just my speculation though.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger221166 View Post
agree totally re: Independent -- merely as a thought exercise, though, if you pick up Remy, with Walcott, Campbell (if not sold himself), and Sanchez in the fold then I actually don't see Giroud sticking around unless Arsene totally changes up his model. He was obviously pissed at Giroud last season for the whole extramarital affair scandal, and I think Giroud has way too much ego to be a part-time player. That's just my speculation though.
Giroud would be a phenomenal player if Wenger deployed a 2-striker system. You look at his assists for Podolski vs Montpellier, Gibbs vs. Swansea, Wilshere vs Norwich, Ramsey vs Swansea, the list goes on. His dribbling and ball control are world class, he lacks a lethal finish
Old 07-10-2014, 07:06 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Giroud would be a phenomenal player if Wenger deployed a 2-striker system. You look at his assists for Podolski vs Montpellier, Gibbs vs. Swansea, Wilshere vs Norwich, Ramsey vs Swansea, the list goes on. His dribbling and ball control are world class, he lacks a lethal finish
also agreed--he becomes a much better player when he plays unselfishly. I'll be interested to see how the rest of their transfers shake out