Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2014, 07:12 PM   #76 (permalink)

Tones, only team in London means Chelsea right? kidding lol. Are you an Arsenal fan? I cannot stand Arsene Wenger. The only good thing he ever did was sell Van Persie to Utd. I hated Van Persie when he played for Arsenal. Do you think Arsene will break the bank and sign Vidal? What happened to Ozil, he was good for a while and then disappeared.
Trouty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouty View Post
Tones, only team in London means Chelsea right? kidding lol. Are you an Arsenal fan? I cannot stand Arsene Wenger. The only good thing he ever did was sell Van Persie to Utd. I hated Van Persie when he played for Arsenal. Do you think Arsene will break the bank and sign Vidal? What happened to Ozil, he was good for a while and then disappeared.
Don't get me started on van Persie, I personally stood by him for 8 years, countless plastic fans said we should sell him, many stood by him, including me and including Wenger, every year he had a season ending injury, every year he stayed at Arsenal, given a contract extension in '08, we stood by him. He has one injury free season, is wanted by other clubs and leaves when we need him most.

Wenger is the driving force of the Premier League, he's the longest reigning EPL manager since the start of the EPL. For years he proved that you don't need to spend to win, and he proved that time and time again, most notably when we went 49 games undefeated in 03/04. But that was then in today's game when you are competing with Chelsea and Manchester City who built their teams with their pockets rather than their youth, the only way to compete is spend.

Vidal? I don't know where you got that from, I have read nothing about Arsenal even being remotely interested in him. Great player yes, but with the amount of interest in him, he will be way to expensive and there are plenty of other options just as good (if not better) for cheaper (i.e. Marco Reus)

Ozil had a flying start to his time at Arsenal. He was leading the league in Appearances-Assists ratio. When Walcott and Ramsey went down in January he had to be played twice as much and didn't get any rest, therefore didn't play at top level. In response he ended up getting injured himself, came back and Ramsey and Walcott were still out and he still had to be overplayed. He was great in the Germany v USA game as well vs Brazil. Once he returns from the world cup he will be given plenty rest and now with everyone back from injury and hopefully the signing of Khedira he will play like he did when we first signed him
Looking for: 2014 Tier One Baseball Mark Teixeira Bat Knob 1/1 [Finders Fee]
Tones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
Don't get me started on van Persie, I personally stood by him for 8 years, countless plastic fans said we should sell him, many stood by him, including me and including Wenger, every year he had a season ending injury, every year he stayed at Arsenal, given a contract extension in '08, we stood by him. He has one injury free season, is wanted by other clubs and leaves when we need him most.

Wenger is the driving force of the Premier League, he's the longest reigning EPL manager since the start of the EPL. For years he proved that you don't need to spend to win, and he proved that time and time again, most notably when we went 49 games undefeated in 03/04. But that was then in today's game when you are competing with Chelsea and Manchester City who built their teams with their pockets rather than their youth, the only way to compete is spend.

Vidal? I don't know where you got that from, I have read nothing about Arsenal even being remotely interested in him. Great player yes, but with the amount of interest in him, he will be way to expensive and there are plenty of other options just as good (if not better) for cheaper (i.e. Marco Reus)

Ozil had a flying start to his time at Arsenal. He was leading the league in Appearances-Assists ratio. When Walcott and Ramsey went down in January he had to be played twice as much and didn't get any rest, therefore didn't play at top level. In response he ended up getting injured himself, came back and Ramsey and Walcott were still out and he still had to be overplayed. He was great in the Germany v USA game as well vs Brazil. Once he returns from the world cup he will be given plenty rest and now with everyone back from injury and hopefully the signing of Khedira he will play like he did when we first signed him
Yeah I feel ya about Van Persie. I hated him at Arsenal because he sucked but after he joined United he is one of my favorite players lol because he bought us #20.

Arsenal is signing Khedira? We are not going to let him go. F off Wenger, leave Sami alone lol.

I like United and Madrid. I root for United in the British league and Madrid in La Liga. If they play in a competition together, I root for United. There is a small soccer fan base here down south but hopefully the WC will change that.

Is Walcott going to be ready for the start of the season?
Old 07-10-2014, 07:53 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:

He speaketh da truth. I will listen to anything you say about Arsenal. haha
Old 07-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
I know I may be in the minority but I think their commemorative jersey is pretty cool. Shame it can't be purchased

I think I owned that shirt in 1989, was my go-to for my Grandmaster Flash-fueled rap battles.

Always looking for Galaxy and soccer autos & patches!
KingTaco77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I feel ya about Van Persie. I hated him at Arsenal because he sucked but after he joined United he is one of my favorite players lol because he bought us #20.

Arsenal is signing Khedira? We are not going to let him go. F off Wenger, leave Sami alone lol.

I like United and Madrid. I root for United in the British league and Madrid in La Liga. If they play in a competition together, I root for United. There is a small soccer fan base here down south but hopefully the WC will change that.

Is Walcott going to be ready for the start of the season?
RVP did not 'suck' lol, he was one of our best players when he was healthy and he was that 'player who turned nothing into a chance, always getting the ball in tight areas and scoring top notch goals, he won EPL player of the year when he was still at Arsenal, I don't know how you classify that as 'sucked'
to this day this is still one of the greatest goals i ever witnessed live

Khedira has already rejected a contract renewal at Madrid, but they will only let him go if they sign Toni Kroos. There's a chance that he will be at Real Madrid next season, but an even bigger chance we will be at Arsenal or somewhere else. Oh and P.S. that's what everyone thought about Ozil, that he was not for sale

I like Arsenal, and my second favorite team is the Arsenal youth squad Always been that way, always will, if I got signed to a contract by another epl club, when we faced Arsenal, I would still root for them, if I was at a bigger club I'd put in a transfer request and personally tell Arsenal I'd play there, even if I was the lowest paid player (being that as long as I can make a comfortable living haha).

Walcott has been back to full training for weeks now, still over a month until the season starts, he will be back no doubt

Last edited by Tones; 07-10-2014 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:43 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Khedira has already rejected a contract renewal at Madrid, but they will only let him go if they sign Toni Kroos. There's a chance that he will be at Real Madrid next season, but an even bigger chance we will be at Arsenal or somewhere else. Oh and P.S. that's what everyone thought about Ozil, that he was not for sale
Khedira would be an excellent signing, Arsenal have needed a player like that for some time.

I disagree about Ozil though - I think everybody knew he was on his way once Real were definitely getting Bale. It was either him or di Maria. (Not sure what's happening with Kroos btw - he's either postulating for more money from Bayern, or he's a Madrid player!)
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
Khedira would be an excellent signing, Arsenal have needed a player like that for some time.

I disagree about Ozil though - I think everybody knew he was on his way once Real were definitely getting Bale. It was either him or di Maria. (Not sure what's happening with Kroos btw - he's either postulating for more money from Bayern, or he's a Madrid player!)
Okay, yes either Di maria was gone or Ozil, but nobody thought Arsenal, who's previous record signing was only 15m, would be the one signing him

Kroos has been in fallout with Bayern for months, he turned down a contract extension in January and hasn't seen eye to eye with Pep for some time, ManU reportedly had a bid rejected in January
Old 07-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #84 (permalink)

BREAKING NEWS
Liverpool have agreed the sale of Luis Suarez for a transfer fee of £75million, the Uruguayan striker has agreed a 5-year deal with Barcelona.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:12 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS
Liverpool have agreed the sale of Luis Suarez for a transfer fee of 75million, the Uruguayan striker has agreed a 5-year deal with Barcelona.

I saw this earlier this morning and I was thinking this is bound to happen. Good for the rest of the EPL though lol. There will be a lot of goal production in FCB once Suarez is ready but IDK how he is going to fit in with Messi and their formation.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
I saw this earlier this morning and I was thinking this is bound to happen. Good for the rest of the EPL though lol. There will be a lot of goal production in FCB once Suarez is ready but IDK how he is going to fit in with Messi and their formation.
+1...Messi, Neymar, and Suarez could be the most potent offensive front line in club history, or I could see it becoming a total crash & burn.
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger221166 View Post
+1...Messi, Neymar, and Suarez could be the most potent offensive front line in club history, or I could see it becoming a total crash & burn.
In the week that football lost one its greats, it would be remiss of me not to counter with Puskas, di Stefano and Gento, much as I despise Real. That Barca trio does look tasty on paper though. Still, there is the very real possibility we've already seen the best (of all time) of Messi, Neymar needs to improve markedly on his largely disappointing first season, and Suarez needs a muzzle!

As for crashing and burning, it reminds me of when the Phillies had the 'best rotation in history' with Halladay/Lee/Hamels/Oswalt. Hope that doesn't happen to Barcelona.
VeedonFleece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 02:40 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeedonFleece View Post
In the week that football lost one its greats, it would be remiss of me not to counter with Puskas, di Stefano and Gento, much as I despise Real. That Barca trio does look tasty on paper though. Still, there is the very real possibility we've already seen the best (of all time) of Messi, Neymar needs to improve markedly on his largely disappointing first season, and Suarez needs a muzzle!

As for crashing and burning, it reminds me of when the Phillies had the 'best rotation in history' with Halladay/Lee/Hamels/Oswalt. Hope that doesn't happen to Barcelona.
yep. what it reminds me a little of is the Lakers obtaining Dwight Howard and assuming it was all going to work out without requiring major adjustments. square peg in a round hole and so forth. another intriguing storyline to watch going into the season (especially since they're going to have to add him into the mix in midseason, basically)
Old 07-11-2014, 02:47 PM   #89 (permalink)

How have not seen this topic before - aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

Great, great work, sir!!!

Very stoked with all of Liverpool's moves so far. It'll be interesting to see the team without Suarez but I'm very happy with Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling's progress!

C'mon Liverpool - win one for the Skipper (Gerard)!!!!!
21Pittsburgh58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #90 (permalink)

Latest headlining rumors/news
Yeovil striker Adam Morgan is set to leave Huish Park, just months after arriving from Liverpool
Former Newcastle defender Aaron Hughes signs for Brighton
Fiorentina have announced the signing of Australia defensive midfielder Joshua Brillante from A-League side Newcastle Jets
Udinese striker Luis Muriel insists he's staying with the Serie A club in a bid to prove himself
Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira is edging closer to making the move to Arsenal this summer after a 23 million bid has been lodged
Toni Kroos has played down the quotes from his own client about his impending move to Real Madrid
Switzerland winger Xherdan Shaqiri is staying at Bayern Munich next season, despite interest from Liverpool
Newcastle have signed Remy Cabella has from Montpellier on a on 6-year deal
Roma have officially unveiled new signing Seydou Keita today
Egypt international Ahmed Fathi is set to link up with Arsenal for pre-season training
Atletico Madrid defender Filipe Luis will fly in to London this week to undertake a medical with Chelsea
Argentina defender Gonzalo Rodriguez has pledged his future to Fiorentina by signing a two-year contract extension
Former Manchester United and England centre-back Rio Ferdinand is expected to agree a revised offer to join Premier League newcomers QPR in the next 24 hours
Adil Rami is delighted his protracted permanent move from Valencia to AC Milan has finally been sealed
Benfica's Lazar Markovic is due to complete his move to Liverpool and will have a medical this morning
Ecuador youngster Josi Quintero has confirmed he has signed a professional deal with Chelsea
Real Madrid have agreed to sell Angel Di Maria to Paris Saint Germain, and will replace him with Monaco's James Rodriguez

Old 07-14-2014, 01:26 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:

Real Madrid have agreed to sell Angel Di Maria to Paris Saint Germain, and will replace him with Monaco's James Rodriguez
I'm sure di Maria is on his way out, but Rodriguez in? wow. Messi/Neymar/Suarez versus Bale/CR7/Rodriguez.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:52 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger221166 View Post
I'm sure di Maria is on his way out, but Rodriguez in? wow. Messi/Neymar/Suarez versus Bale/CR7/Rodriguez.
they are selling Di Maria in order to help fund Rodriguez's move, Khedira to Arsenal will fund Kroos to Madrid
Old 07-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
they are selling Di Maria in order to help fund Rodriguez's move, Khedira to Arsenal will fund Kroos to Madrid
Wenger, leave Khedira alone! LOL but good for him to open up his check book. Not really liking the fact that we are selling our players to fund transfers..
Old 07-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Wenger, leave Khedira alone! LOL but good for him to open up his check book. Not really liking the fact that we are selling our players to fund transfers..
Well at least its being done now, rather than Bale or Ozil who were both signed on deadline day, players need time to practice and learn with the team, of course a Di Maria who has molded into Madrid's and was their best player in the Champions League final (still baffled how Ronaldo scored a late penalty after RM were already 3-1, and he celebrated like he was the difference maker, overkill) rather than a James Rodriguez who os still developing, has a great world cup and you are now selling Di Maria, plus have to put money on top for the chance of him being better....
Old 07-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Well at least its being done now, rather than Bale or Ozil who were both signed on deadline day, players need time to practice and learn with the team, of course a Di Maria who has molded into Madrid's and was their best player in the Champions League final (still baffled how Ronaldo scored a late penalty after RM were already 3-1, and he celebrated like he was the difference maker, overkill) rather than a James Rodriguez who os still developing, has a great world cup and you are now selling Di Maria, plus have to put money on top for the chance of him being better....
As a madridista, it kills me to see Di Maria and Khedira leave. As for Ronaldo, it was in Portugal, his home country, you cannot blame him.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:47 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
i think they're probably selling di Maria because they don't want to meet his massive contract demands first, and then using the $$ to fund his replacement, but ymmv
Old 07-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #97 (permalink)

Newcastle have signed French striker Emmanuel Riviere from Monaco for an undisclosed fee
Mariano Barbosa has joined Sevilla from Las Palmas, signing a two-year deal
Cardiff midfielder Peter Whittingham has signed a new three-year contract extension
Barcelona has revealed that the club have made an offer for Valencia defender Jeremy Mathieu
Watford the confirm signing of Ecuador full-back Juan Carlos Paredes
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique says no decision has been taken on the future of Xavi
Roma have completed the signing of former AC Milan midfielder Urby Emanuelson on a two-year contract
Juventus have stated they have no intention of selling reported Manchester United target Arturo Vidal
Demba Ba has completed his move to Turkish side Besiktas from Chelsea for £8million
Barcelona have allowed Spain forward Cristian Tello to join Porto on a two-year loan deal
Chelsea have confirmed that a deal has been struck with Atletico Madrid for left-back Filipe Luis

Fiorentina are reportedly poised to snap up Mexico midfielder Hector Herrera from Porto
Costa Rica international Keylor Navas is set to move to the Santiago Bernabeu after Real Madrid agreed to meet the Levante goalkeeper's €10million (£7.9m) release clause
Inter Milan have completed the signing of Yann M'Vila on a season-long loan from Rubin Kazan
Bayern Munich have confirmed that Toni Kroos will be sold and that Real Madrid are in transfer talks
Liverpool have confirmed the arrival of Serbian winger Lazar Markovic from Benfica

Old 07-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #98 (permalink)

BREAKING NEWS
Toni Kroos is presented as a Real Madrid player. He has penned a 6-year contract after arriving from Bayern Munich

Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #99 (permalink)

Brazilian side Flamengo have signed former Arsenal striker Eduardo da Silva on an 18-month contract
Rio Ferdinand has signed a one-year deal at Queens Park Rangers
Reports in Italy suggest that Juventus have reached an agreement with Real Madrid for Alvaro Morata
Crystal Palace have agreed fees for Tottenham's Gylfi Sigurdsson and Cardiff's Fraizer Campbell
Holland international Daryl Janmaat has finalised his move to Newcastle from Feyenoord
Newcastle right-back Mathieu Debuchy has completed his transfer to Arsenal for an undisclosed fee
Swansea forward Michu has joined Napoli on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent deal.

West Ham have made a bid for Boca Juniors defender Emanuel Insua
Italian goalkeeper Simone Scuffet has turned down an offer to join Atletico Madrid and will remain at Udinese
Real Madrid goalkeeper Diego Lopez's agent has denied reports that his client will join Serie A side Napoli
American winger Gboly Ariyibi has joined Burnley on trial
Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong is due to hold talks with Austrian outfit Sturm Graz
Borussia Dortmund have announced the signing of German international Matthias Ginter from Freiburg
Swansea are close to signing £4m Ecuador winger Jefferson Montero

Old 07-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #100 (permalink)

Arsenal doing some nice business this summer.

Ferdinand going to QPR for a year for a wage I'm assuming. I can see him going to the States next year just for the nice pay day to retire on
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote