Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #76 (permalink)
Member
 
ejs23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei777 View Post
If I see two more breaks with 2 A level hits per case, that means UD front loaded the product or cut case production down to 800 cases.
this case was direct from UD, and not via a distributor... not sure if that means anything though.
ejs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:40 PM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
ejs23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
50 base cards #125
Does this mean
6250 boxes made...
2000 cases?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesnilevirus View Post
Based on the autos I think the max they can make is a little over 1600.

They keep a bunch for redemptions, so I am guessing high 1500's
i'm no math-wiz so someone help me out here.

as already mentioned the number of base cards means there could be a max. of 2083 cases. but, as pointed out, they'll hold some back for replacements so there is some number of cases less than that.

the checklist on cardboard connection indicates there is only 1 Group A auto (Nick Faldo) for the Dimensions Autographs. it says 1 in 11,011, but that doesn't make sense. could it be a typo and really be 1 in 1,011?

if it is... that means there would be 1 Faldo in every 337 cases. if it's short printed to /4, that's a total of 1,348 cases... sp to /5, 1,658 cases... sp to /6, 2,022 cases.

any chance one of those is correct?
ejs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
ejs23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,369
Default

i suppose it might also be 1 in 1,101 cases...

then it would be 1 Faldo every 367 cases.

so if sp /4, 1,468 cases or sp /5, 1,835 cases
ejs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:50 PM   #79 (permalink)
Member
 
jubei777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
i suppose it might also be 1 in 1,101 cases...

then it would be 1 Faldo every 367 cases.

so if sp /4, 1,468 cases or sp /5, 1,835 cases
just going by the number of rookie auto patches based on the checklist, i'm counting that there should be 1,680 3 tin cases of Exquisite Golf.

6 RAP #99 = 594
22 RAP #175 = 3,850
23 RAP #25 = 575
23 RAP #1 = 23
Total 5,042

Divide by 3 tins per case and that gets you to 1,680.

i'm still hoping that they cut production and loaded it up. we'll see tomorrow with more breaks.
__________________
http://s232.photobucket.com/user/jubei7777/library/Cards

Last edited by jubei777; 07-29-2014 at 10:08 AM.
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,688
Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398
Default

Looks like the RAP are actually #d/175 and not 125.
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:09 AM   #81 (permalink)
Member
 
jubei777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc398 View Post
Looks like the RAP are actually #d/175 and not 125.
that was a typo on my part. if they were to 125 it would be lower but the number sticks at the 175 point. thx for the catch
__________________
http://s232.photobucket.com/user/jubei7777/library/Cards
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,688
Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398
Default

I'm thinking at this point they will be super strategic with their hits. Cases with a Palmer or Nicklaus single will most likely have other cards of value to help them out.

You better bet those cases with a Rory RAP will be slim pickings outside of that though. I think thats the only way they can make these Tier A hits stretch thinner.
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #83 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 99
Default

saw a case get busted today at my LCS. The odds are indeed a bit rough, its a bit hit or miss.

UD seems to have done a good job this time as most cards seem in great condition which is a plus at paying such a premium for this brand.

I was happy to beat the odds with my single box break today.

Notables:
Tiger Woods Base /125
&
RORY MCILROY / GRAEME MCDOWELL / NICK FALDO ENDORSEMENTS TRIPLE AUTO SP /10!!!

The bummer is that UD should have had no redemption cards in this product.. what gives?

This was by far the case hit, and it had to be a redemption... UD!!
Attached Thumbnails
2014 UD Exquisite Golf. 7/29-imag1894.jpg   2014 UD Exquisite Golf. 7/29-imag1895.jpg  
itsaboutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:55 AM   #84 (permalink)
Member
 
jubei777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaboutcards View Post
saw a case get busted today at my LCS. The odds are indeed a bit rough, its a bit hit or miss.

UD seems to have done a good job this time as most cards seem in great condition which is a plus at paying such a premium for this brand.

I was happy to beat the odds with my single box break today.

Notables:
Tiger Woods Base /125
&
RORY MCILROY / GRAEME MCDOWELL / NICK FALDO ENDORSEMENTS TRIPLE AUTO SP /10!!!

The bummer is that UD should have had no redemption cards in this product.. what gives?

This was by far the case hit, and it had to be a redemption... UD!!
i'm guessing Nick hasn't had time to sign yet.
__________________
http://s232.photobucket.com/user/jubei7777/library/Cards
jubei777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:04 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
edhou1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 2,107
Default

Was trying to decide between getting a box from a sealed hobby direct case or just buying into 6-7 slots from a 15slot group case break (draft your hit style).

I'm thinking buying 6-7 slots is actually better.
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 12:05 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
excel_b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 3,728
Default

My LCS has two boxes on hold for me, but I can't go until 4:30....
excel_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
guru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Central, KY
Posts: 16,176
Default

My LCS just told me my case won't be in until tomorrow.

Unfortunately I am leaving for the Nationals tomorrow morning. So... I have to wait until I get back from Cleveland.

But, there is a chance my LCS owner may come up to Cleveland for a day or two, and if so, he said he'd bring it with him.
__________________
Follow me on Twitter - @ebayguruEric

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:58 PM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
gamboooler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 4,140
Default

Tiger signed the UD Black and Masterpieces cards on ebay in blue ink. Yikes. Masterpieces isn't that big of a deal, but the UD Black should really be in silver. Kind of hurts the value I think.
gamboooler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #89 (permalink)
Member
 
kyle1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: COAL VALLEY, IL
Posts: 7,746
Default

2014 Upper Deck Exquisite GOLF 3 Box Hobby Case Break GB - YouTube
__________________
LOOKING FOR

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
ejs23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 2,369
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamboooler View Post
Tiger signed the UD Black and Masterpieces cards on ebay in blue ink. Yikes. Masterpieces isn't that big of a deal, but the UD Black should really be in silver. Kind of hurts the value I think.
that was a big mistake by someone... Woods, his agent, UD. doesn't look good at all.

and is that actually Tiger Woods on the Masterpieces card? my eyes must be going bad from staring at my computer cause it doesn't look like him to me.
ejs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 04:43 PM   #91 (permalink)
Member
 
DannyHultzenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: TN
Posts: 1,122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
that was a big mistake by someone... Woods, his agent, UD. doesn't look good at all.

and is that actually Tiger Woods on the Masterpieces card? my eyes must be going bad from staring at my computer cause it doesn't look like him to me.
I think your right the more and more I look at that picture that doesnt appear to be Tiger Woods the guy seems to be to light skin but why would he sign it if its not his picture on the card...someone should ask UD about that card lol
__________________
BLOWOUTS DANNY HULTZEN & JUSTIN HUNTER SUPERCOLLECTOR
DannyHultzenFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:03 PM   #92 (permalink)
Member
 
strider_boi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,280
Default

I have 2 cases sitting here...and from the breaks i saw...you'll avg $200 a box...the case hit if there is one will get you around $500. I know ripping is a gamble, trust me i know, but damn 1st year exquisite golf looks to be bad IMO.
strider_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:16 PM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
kyle1707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: COAL VALLEY, IL
Posts: 7,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_boi View Post
I have 2 cases sitting here...and from the breaks i saw...you'll avg $200 a box...the case hit if there is one will get you around $500. I know ripping is a gamble, trust me i know, but damn 1st year exquisite golf looks to be bad IMO.
its not bad... the price is just way to high..

should be 350-400 a box

1000 case

cards are really nice...

like I said ud has to much money to pay to tiger jack palmer and rory jordan...

They could of made this so much better

go get mickelson norman Watson speith etc..

Cuts are not that much compared to baseball

go get bobby jones ben Hogan walter hagen payne stewart etc..

They could make a much better product...

When you are paying 100 dollars a hit...

Ken duke
mcgritt?
Petterson

its rough
__________________
LOOKING FOR

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:17 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
strider_boi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle1707 View Post
its not bad... the price is just way to high..

should be 350-400 a box

1000 case

cards are really nice...

like I said ud has to much money to pay to tiger jack palmer and rory jordan...

They could of made this so much better

go get mickelson norman Watson speith etc..

Cuts are not that much compared to baseball

go get bobby jones ben Hogan walter hagen payne stewart etc..

They could make a much better product...
If it was 350-400 a box i would of cracked my cases...with the prices they are now, I think i'm just going to sell them unless I find someone to war
strider_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 4,326
Default

Be careful re-selling UD products, they track the numbers on the outside of the box
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:54 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
gonygo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: U.S./east coast
Posts: 4,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strider_boi View Post
I have 2 cases sitting here...and from the breaks i saw...you'll avg $200 a box...the case hit if there is one will get you around $500. I know ripping is a gamble, trust me i know, but damn 1st year exquisite golf looks to be bad IMO.
After looking at this, i am going to agree with you. This stuff looks pretty rough…g luck to anyone who dares to open a.k.a throw away money
__________________
Beverly Hilly Cop/Eddie Murphy-Disturbing the peace? I got thrown out of a window! Whats the f**kin charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, Huh? Jaywalking?
gonygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 01:41 AM   #97 (permalink)
Member
 
valleyofsun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Valley of the Sun
Posts: 475
Default

Just absolutely BRUTAL at its current price point. Nothing like opening a $500+ box and praying and hoping for a $500 'case hit'.
valleyofsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #98 (permalink)
Member
 
edhou1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 2,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyofsun View Post
Just absolutely BRUTAL at its current price point. Nothing like opening a $700+ box and praying and hoping for a $400 'case hit'.
Fixed it for you
edhou1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:11 PM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 594
Default

I just want to add my 2 cents to this product and being this is the only thread that's not a break thread I'll say it here!

I'm not downing anybodies breaks or anybody that is opening this product. But I will down upper deck for the fact that they put this product out and I've seen 1 swatch containing a authentic patch and it's a 1/1. How could they load sp game used with all those awesome patches and tags and buttons and couldn't save any of it for the supposedly best product! The RPA of these golfers are so plain and they to me look like nothing spectacular.

This is a rough break at the price point and you almost have to buy a case to feel good about your investment. And if your not in it for the money aspect, the looks of the cards are average with the exception of the gold framed autos in gold ink.

I hope I'm not offending anyone cause that is not my intentions!
Crazybella8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #100 (permalink)
Member
 
gonygo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: U.S./east coast
Posts: 4,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybella8 View Post
I just want to add my 2 cents to this product and being this is the only thread that's not a break thread I'll say it here!

I'm not downing anybodies breaks or anybody that is opening this product. But I will down upper deck for the fact that they put this product out and I've seen 1 swatch containing a authentic patch and it's a 1/1. How could they load sp game used with all those awesome patches and tags and buttons and couldn't save any of it for the supposedly best product! The RPA of these golfers are so plain and they to me look like nothing spectacular.

This is a rough break at the price point and you almost have to buy a case to feel good about your investment. And if your not in it for the money aspect, the looks of the cards are average with the exception of the gold framed autos in gold ink.

I hope I'm not offending anyone cause that is not my intentions!
This post is spot on IMO. Your just giving your honest opinion and thoughts. There's nothing wrong with that. Also, I happen to agree with everything you said. In fact, I think the gold framed auto's are beautiful. They are probably even nicer in hand. The Rory's are nice as well. However, with this being UD's first Exquisite Golf release, they really could have knocked this out the park and they didn't.
__________________
Beverly Hilly Cop/Eddie Murphy-Disturbing the peace? I got thrown out of a window! Whats the f**kin charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, Huh? Jaywalking?

Last edited by gonygo; 07-30-2014 at 09:23 PM.
gonygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.