Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 12:40 AM   #101 (permalink)

Was watching breaks tonight with one of my preferred breakers. Watched them do 2 box breaks from a case hit draft style and the most remarkable card was a Michelle Wie RPA. So I jumped in on the third box hoping for the best. I got the first pick of the draft. Landed a Rory McIlroy Signature Masterpiece. Linking to a thread in the breaks section so that picture isn't gargling up this thread.

McIlroy Auto!!

Last edited by Kelper7; 07-31-2014 at 12:44 AM. Reason: Linking to photo instead of taking up space in this thread.
Kelper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:41 AM   #102 (permalink)

Congratulations on the Rory
Cavaliercards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:12 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybella8 View Post
I'm not downing anybodies breaks or anybody that is opening this product. But I will down upper deck for the fact that they put this product out and I've seen 1 swatch containing a authentic patch and it's a 1/1. How could they load sp game used with all those awesome patches and tags and buttons and couldn't save any of it for the supposedly best product! The RPA of these golfers are so plain and they to me look like nothing spectacular.

This is a rough break at the price point and you almost have to buy a case to feel good about your investment.

that sounds like a pretty fair assessment. it's nice stuff but you're right, they could have probably done better... especially at the price point.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:52 PM   #104 (permalink)

The Rory 1/1 RPA was posted on the box break section. They used a tag patch.
ichirorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:15 AM   #105 (permalink)

wow, the resale values on this stuff is awful. there's no premium because it's Exquisite.

and plenty of people are expressing their displeasure with the value of a typical case. even a Tiger doesn't help much.

but we can't blame UD for that. i agree with what someone said above... they could have done a better job with the checklist. but still, these are nice cards.

the problem, as always, is with people selling them cheap. who buys a $600 box of cards (give or take) and then sells the singles for $10? did they go to the absolute worst business school ever?

obviously everyone has a right to do what they want with their cards. you can go out and buy up all the Tiger and Rory cards you can find then sell the for $0.50 each if you want. but why? i just don't get it.

anyway... that's who gets the blame for the lack of value. not UD.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:03 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
wow, the resale values on this stuff is awful. there's no premium because it's Exquisite.

and plenty of people are expressing their displeasure with the value of a typical case. even a Tiger doesn't help much.

but we can't blame UD for that. i agree with what someone said above... they could have done a better job with the checklist. but still, these are nice cards.

the problem, as always, is with people selling them cheap. who buys a $600 box of cards (give or take) and then sells the singles for $10? did they go to the absolute worst business school ever?

obviously everyone has a right to do what they want with their cards. you can go out and buy up all the Tiger and Rory cards you can find then sell the for $0.50 each if you want. but why? i just don't get it.

Ya the only real value is the rory RC

A Tiger woods black auto just sold for 271 and shadow box 220

The jumbo shirt auto is cool but #99

only 400...

Its brutal at 1800 a case....

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:55 AM   #107 (permalink)

Does anyone know the print run to the masterpiece autos?
mageq1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #108 (permalink)

Does anyone think case prices will go down, or is the product scarce enough and big hits Big enough to sustain current case prices? Pretty much every product is a horrible break, but will this get any cheaper?

Last edited by hermanotarjeta; 08-01-2014 at 12:22 PM.
hermanotarjeta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:55 PM   #109 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398

Quote:

Who wants to buy a Bo Van Pelt auto for more than $5? Not this guy...and I have an EXTENSIVE golf collection. There's just not a lot of collect ability or star power in this set outside of the top 5-6 guys. Hence why the lower tier guys won't sell. They could have done a lot more to bolster value out of here....dual mem autos of rookies, go out and get Phil, Bubba and good vets but they decided to go forward with the same auto roster from the other 2014 products and the biggest diservice is that the memorabilia pieces are worse in Exquisite than they were in SPGU

There are some cards that I think are selling too cheap (especially some of the rookies under $10) but on the whole, when you pump out the same autos into a very shallow market/collector pool you are going to create a value issue. Especially a few days after release when everybody is trying to get their flip money back.
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc398 View Post
Who wants to buy a Bo Van Pelt auto for more than $5? Not this guy...and I have an EXTENSIVE golf collection. There's just not a lot of collect ability or star power in this set outside of the top 5-6 guys. Hence why the lower tier guys won't sell. They could have done a lot more to bolster value out of here....dual mem autos of rookies, go out and get Phil, Bubba and good vets but they decided to go forward with the same auto roster from the other 2014 products and the biggest diservice is that the memorabilia pieces are worse in Exquisite than they were in SPGU

There are some cards that I think are selling too cheap (especially some of the rookies under $10) but on the whole, when you pump out the same autos into a very shallow market/collector pool you are going to create a value issue. Especially a few days after release when everybody is trying to get their flip money back.
The resale is awful....

I missed golf for that 6-7 year period...

But the release of just 6-7-8 products last 2 years has tanked golf

Nicklaus palmer woods autos 150-250...

shocked how awful it has done...

just very small collector base and to much product..

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanotarjeta View Post
Does anyone think case prices will go down, or is the product scarce enough and big hits Big enough to sustain current case prices? Pretty much every product is a horrible break, but will this get any cheaper?
As long as rory continues to play well the product won't drop in price. If any of the lower tier rookies pan out, it could slightly go up.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mageq1 View Post
Does anyone know the print run to the masterpiece autos?
nope, and no one ever will. best you can do is roughly estimate it based on the assumed total number of cases and the odds for each group.

it was estimated somewhere in this thread that there are roughly 1,680 cases.

Quote:

i agree with most of what you said.

they could have definitely put a better checklist together.... more vets and legends or whatever. and absolutely agree that they could have done much better relics. like you say, it's a shame SPGU has much better memorabilia cards.

and i get that some cards have an upper limit... but $5?

the problem, which isn't unique to exquisite or golf, is with the sellers-flippers. it's one thing to dump and drive the prices of Van Pelt cards down but they'll do the same with Tiger, Nicklaus, Palmer and eventually Rory.

if you're busting a $600 box, and you hit a Tiger Woods auto and sell it for less than $300.... what's the point?
Old 08-02-2014, 04:38 AM   #113 (permalink)

the first Peter Uihlein /175 sold for just over $23. and there were 4 bidders who bid more than $20 on it. so there are probably at least 3 other buyers willing to pay at least $20 for one.

so what do the next few sellers do? list them all starting at $0.99 auctions and ending within minutes of each other. one of the sellers listed 2 of them ending a minute apart. so not only are these sellers driving prices down for each other... but they're actually working to drive their own prices down.

i don't get it.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:43 AM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
the first Peter Uihlein /175 sold for just over $23. and there were 4 bidders who bid more than $20 on it. so there are probably at least 3 other buyers willing to pay at least $20 for one.

so what do the next few sellers do? list them all starting at $0.99 auctions and ending within minutes of each other. one of the sellers listed 2 of them ending a minute apart. so not only are these sellers driving prices down for each other... but they're actually working to drive their own prices down.

i don't get it.
quite honestly it's better to not flip any of it now. i would wait for at least a few months before putting it up. it's literally giving it away pennies on the dollar the way people are flipping right now.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:25 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei777 View Post
quite honestly it's better to not flip any of it now. i would wait for at least a few months before putting it up. it's literally giving it away pennies on the dollar the way people are flipping right now.
I completely agree. I usually list them at higher prices, not really expecting them to sell, then relist once the flippers are cleared out.

I'm just baffled by it all sometimes. I get that Rory is the hot rookie. And Tiger, Nicklaus and Palmer seem to do ok. But guys like Faldo and Player are some of the all time best... and you can pick them up for $10-$20 out of a $600 product?

I guess I should just shut up and buy some singles.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:46 PM   #116 (permalink)

Haha...I kinda got killed on my last case. Rory UD Black auto /25 was the big hit. Paula swatch auto and Lewis/Gulbis dual auto was it. Beautiful stuff. Just need to top loader everything else at some point.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:50 AM   #117 (permalink)
k13

Quote:
I completely agree. I usually list them at higher prices, not really expecting them to sell, then relist once the flippers are cleared out.

I'm just baffled by it all sometimes. I get that Rory is the hot rookie. And Tiger, Nicklaus and Palmer seem to do ok. But guys like Faldo and Player are some of the all time best... and you can pick them up for $10-$20 out of a $600 product?

Welcome to our hobby. 99% of cards sell for pennies on the dollar. People just love giving away their cards for free basically.

You have to remember it's like 1% collectors and 99% sellers/flippers/breakers out there.

Supply > Demand
k13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #118 (permalink)

Can somebody host a break for this product it looks insane so how many cards per box?
Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 AM   #119 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to bmc398

Quote:

Those guys you are picking up for $10-20 in Exquisite go for $1-$2 in other sets, so they are getting a premium.

Outside of about 5 rookies in this set, nobody has any real upside potential. That's just how it is. Do you want Bobby Gates, Melissa Reid or Victoria Elizabeth's autograph? I don't and nobody else does either.

I actually think Cheyenne Woods is a bit under-priced at this time....not so much due to her name but her trajectory career wise. She can really play.
bmc398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Those guys you are picking up for $10-20 in Exquisite go for $1-$2 in other sets, so they are getting a premium.

Outside of about 5 rookies in this set, nobody has any real upside potential. That's just how it is. Do you want Bobby Gates, Melissa Reid or Victoria Elizabeth's autograph? I don't and nobody else does either.

I actually think Cheyenne Woods is a bit under-priced at this time....not so much due to her name but her trajectory career wise. She can really play.
I think rookie checklist could be better. Where is jordan spieth, ricky flower and that Korean girl inbee park.
zhiyuchen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #121 (permalink)

Beautiful cards, many big names, don't really see what all the hate is about.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #122 (permalink)

my thought is that the resell value is low which is getting a lot of people butt hurt over the product. people aren't paying big $$$ for names that traditionally would sell well. long term I think the product will be fine, especially if UD decides that Exquisite for Golf isn't something that they want to do on a year-year basis. i'm happy (provided that my redemption get's fulfilled) with what I pulled and will pick up singles as they become available.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubei777 View Post
my thought is that the resell value is low which is getting a lot of people butt hurt over the product. people aren't paying big $$$ for names that traditionally would sell well. long term I think the product will be fine, especially if UD decides that Exquisite for Golf isn't something that they want to do on a year-year basis. i'm happy (provided that my redemption get's fulfilled) with what I pulled and will pick up singles as they become available.
Please let me know the name of the product that the resale value is not low. The general public would like to know which products are "butt-friendly", please inform us, our behinds would appreciate it.

If the "names" in the product were actually selling well, this product would be over $2000 a case, and not $1800.

This product is still getting shredded like crazy at the current price, regardless.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #124 (permalink)

I saw this product all over the National being sold in excess of $600 a box. I really wanted to try one until I saw the breaks. I wonder what cost on this was? With the Rory RPA #/1 was already pulled, I wonder what kind of prices these boxes will approach a few months from now.
Brobocop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:01 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I saw this product all over the National being sold in excess of $600 a box. I really wanted to try one until I saw the breaks. I wonder what cost on this was? With the Rory RPA #/1 was already pulled, I wonder what kind of prices these boxes will approach a few months from now.
If Rory wins the PGA championship, prices will not get any cheaper.

I'm hoping case prices plummet, so I can open more.