Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Panini Flawless Soccer

Can someone with an exceptional graphic design skill set please make a custom card of Flawless card of Cristiano Ronaldo with a Portugal or Real Madrid Patch and Auto? I will send you a couple of Prizm numbered parallel cards of my choice. Thanks

I would seriously spend $1K per box if there is a similar Basketball Flawless product in Soccer. Just imagine, Messi, Ronaldo, James, Pele, Robben, RVP, Muller, Howard diamond and Patch Auto cards. Those would be my dream cards.
estebahn73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would buy this as well
Nyannitello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
k13

Need better selection of players.

But yeah. ..gl with that ever happening.
k13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

If soccer had the products football and baseball have, I would be broke
Looking for: 2014 Tier One Baseball Mark Teixeira Bat Knob 1/1 [Finders Fee]
Tones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by k13 View Post
Need better selection of players.

But yeah. ..gl with that ever happening.
Need better selection of players??!? I would argue that even if you just had the same check list of autos from Prizm in Flawless, that would just blow any other sports out of the water.

We are talking

Ronaldo
Messi
Baggio
Pele
James Rodriguez
Neymar

Those guys alone, would go for $500-$1000 each if they are numbered to /5, /10, /20 with Patch and Auto or the diamond cards

Then You have the second tier guys that would garner about $250-$500

RVP
Robben
Cannavaro
Buffon
Klinsman
Figo
Suarez
Ozil
Gullit
Gerrard
Beckenbauer
Van Basten
Rijkaard

That is so much better than what you would get in BKB.

Also just imagine, if they could add other super stars i.e. Maradona, Beckham, Ronaldo, Zidane, Matthaeus, Cruyff, Mueller etc. That would be just sick.

I'm actually going to contact Tracy at Panini to see if that is even possible or if they have considered that idea at all.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tones View Post
If soccer had the products football and baseball have, I would be broke
Hahaha this!

www.freewebs.com/ticowboys
TIcowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by estebahn73 View Post
Need better selection of players??!? I would argue that even if you just had the same check list of autos from Prizm in Flawless, that would just blow any other sports out of the water.

We are talking

Ronaldo
Messi
Baggio
Pele
James Rodriguez
Neymar

Those guys alone, would go for $500-$1000 each if they are numbered to /5, /10, /20 with Patch and Auto or the diamond cards

Then You have the second tier guys that would garner about $250-$500

RVP
Robben
Cannavaro
Buffon
Klinsman
Figo
Suarez
Ozil
Gullit
Gerrard
Beckenbauer
Van Basten
Rijkaard

That is so much better than what you would get in BKB.

Also just imagine, if they could add other super stars i.e. Maradona, Beckham, Ronaldo, Zidane, Matthaeus, Cruyff, Mueller etc. That would be just sick.

I'm actually going to contact Tracy at Panini to see if that is even possible or if they have considered that idea at all.
wouldn't the issue be that panini doesn't have licenses for the club teams? (i know they don't for EPL, but do they for others? either way, no logos for many of those guys who are best known for playing in England would be a stumbling block)
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

From the list mentioned above Panini have the right for the following in their current club kit:

Messi, Ronaldo, Rodriguez, Neymar, Robben, Buffon, Suarez, Ozil, Gerrard. You would also have the majority of the German team if not all and the likes of Ibra, Luiz etc

I'm sure they could include the other players in a legends subset as the only other player in the mentioned who is still playing is RVP so it would exclude him as Man United wont be in the Champions League.

The power lies with Panini to make football sets even bigger and better, lets hope they do
Portlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Here is an example that both Topps and Panini have rights to some of the same players and teams but under different competitions.

PANINI

TOPPS

Last edited by Portlaw; 08-07-2014 at 12:34 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portlaw View Post
From the list mentioned above Panini have the right for the following in their current club kit:

Messi, Ronaldo, Rodriguez, Neymar, Robben, Buffon, Suarez, Ozil, Gerrard. You would also have the majority of the German team if not all and the likes of Ibra, Luiz etc

I'm sure they could include the other players in a legends subset as the only other player in the mentioned who is still playing is RVP so it would exclude him as Man United wont be in the Champions League.

The power lies with Panini to make football sets even bigger and better, lets hope they do
ahhh, got it -- so by playing in the Champions League, Panini obtains rights to show them in their kit? Interesting...you're right, that would cover a lot of the big names.

so how would that work with the retired players then? could they show them in those kits if they played in the Champions League before? if so, wouldn't that allow them to show Rooney/RVP in their 2013 Man U kit?
tiger221166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger221166 View Post
ahhh, got it -- so by playing in the Champions League, Panini obtains rights to show them in their kit? Interesting...you're right, that would cover a lot of the big names.

so how would that work with the retired players then? could they show them in those kits if they played in the Champions League before? if so, wouldn't that allow them to show Rooney/RVP in their 2013 Man U kit?
I was thinking about that myself but I've no idea. In a recent match attax set they had cards from past players in their kits from years ago so it worked there but the way I think it works and I may be wrong but every year when the a new Champions League season begins, Panini will only get the rights to all those teams that are in the current Champions League season which means no RVP, Rooney etc but if they did an international legend insert set or something like that they can have them in the national kits and have them in a subset with the likes Pele etc (Rooney again won't be allowed in his England but can be faded out).

EDIT: Bale was in his Spurs and Ronaldo in his United kits in the Premier Gold set even though they were playing for Real so maybe they can use past kits in the Champions League too

Last edited by Portlaw; 08-07-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

Panini has definatley the rights for the CL !!! Topps owns the rights for the British Premier league and for the German Bundesliga.

But the CL is Panini land !!! So the last couple of years they produce these Panini Adrenalyn stuff, similar to the Topps Match Attax cards. No real Trading Cards, more like playing cards because on the backside of the card are no additional picture, statistics and all that stuff.

So I think they have the rights to produce CL stuff with the regular logos of every team ( included english and german teams ).

So Panini do something like Flawless or Prizm or Crown Royale ( Silhouettes ) for soccer !!!!
UD Legends '97: 129/168
Busstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

I saw the headline and was like Great! Way to suck more money out of my bank account Panini, and was actually relieved to see it's a wish product.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

Flawless and Silhouettes in Soccer would destroy any of the other sports these would be huge releases
Old 08-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
I saw the headline and was like Great! Way to suck more money out of my bank account Panini, and was actually relieved to see it's a wish product.
I wish there was a "Like" button here...
Old 08-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nera20 View Post
Flawless and Silhouettes in Soccer would destroy any of the other sports these would be huge releases
Totally agree
Old 08-09-2014, 12:35 AM   #17 (permalink)

Heck, I would be broke if Panini issued a Prizm "Jumbo" Box with 4 autos per box in it haha.
tjthomps89 is online now   Reply With Quote