Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 04:10 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Topps MLS Chrome

I am considering preordering a case or two of this. Big MLS fan, but strictly from a flipping standpoint (as I only collect certain players) does this product have the potential to be a homerun? I know it's kind of a general question but 3 Auto's and boxes are at a little over $60 if you buy by the case, seems really cheap. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this product. Thanks for advice and info!
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'm looking forward to the product releasing as well since I'm a big Toronto FC fan.
Unfortunately i don't see a big market for this kinda set, just because it is such a niche league. Only my opinion.

I assume ur an RSL fan?
djcuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 12:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Any seen new updates on this set? Supposed to release next Wednesday but haven't seen any checklist or anything in regards to Auto's etc...
Old 08-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Can't see you making money on this to be honest. i bought some MLS and got some pretty good names /10 and they sold for like $3-10 and a 1/1 of the best rookie for $100. However this is chrome so maybe it'll do better. I'll try a box to chase some of the big names like Henry if he even has one. i can't seem to find a checklist.
foreverLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverLFC View Post
Can't see you making money on this to be honest. i bought some MLS and got some pretty good names /10 and they sold for like $3-10 and a 1/1 of the best rookie for $100. However this is chrome so maybe it'll do better. I'll try a box to chase some of the big names like Henry if he even has one. i can't seem to find a checklist.
Not expecting it to be a good value pickup. I'd just like to see what Toronto FC players are featured. Topps has done really no promotion for this product, which makes me wonder if it's even going to come out on time next week.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverLFC View Post
Which rookie was that?

I'm hoping it's not either of the guys I'm PCing.
14BD 100 cs auct - 3 plyrs; 14TCBB 10 cs draft - 41 plyrs; 14TCFB 50 cs auct - 16 plyrs; 14BD 10 cs player rand - 22 plyrs; 14TCFB 5 cs tm draft - Cin, Was; 2d 5 cs 14TCFB tm draft - Sea, 14BDPP 20 cs draft - 31 spots, 14BD 1 sup. jum cs tm draft, - cs 2 - Pit, 14BD 20 jum cs draft - 15 spots; 12Cert HK cs tm draft - Min; 13BDPP 20 cs draft - 1 spot res'd
NickM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

I don't see it making money. There will be some big hits i.e. Supers/Super Autos, golds on key players, but it's not International so your audience of buyers is very limited.
IndySportsCards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

Not having found a checklist yet has made it a total shot in the dark at least for me. Im hoping for another small set of Mexico chase cards like in the latest 2014 release. Autos and relics of these will completely sell me on this product.
GigueMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 12:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigueMeister View Post
Not having found a checklist yet has made it a total shot in the dark at least for me. Im hoping for another small set of Mexico chase cards like in the latest 2014 release. Autos and relics of these will completely sell me on this product.
I don't believe there are Relics in Chrome are there?