Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2014, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Is Tiger Done?

Tiger pulled out of the Bridgestone Invitational today, appearing to re-injure his back.

Given the lack of results this season and another injury, this has to raise the question: is Tiger Woods finished? Six years without a major and another injury to his back. He'll come back, but can he win on the PGA Tour anymore?
Old 08-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

He should have waited longer to come back. He still has plenty of time left on the your. He won 5 events last year and POTY.

Tiger will be back.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think his problems are more mental than anything. If he said his back started spasming from that awkward shot from the rough on the 2nd hole,you wouldn't know it. He withdrew more from embarrassment than anything physically wrong with him.

Glad to see Phil having a monster round today,the dude needs it.

Last edited by bblair_2002; 08-03-2014 at 02:43 PM.
bblair_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

His best days are past. He'll never be as dominant as he was.
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Tiger will be back. Count on it for at least one more great run. This is brought to you by CBS Sports....

Jack Nicklaus' record for Major Wins just looks all that more impressive with the recent struggles of Tiger.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:29 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
He should have waited longer to come back. He still has plenty of time left on the your. He won 5 events last year and Player of the Year.

Tiger will be back.

THIS^^^^^^^^^

He needs to take the rest of the year off, get into yoga and pilates if he already isn't.

Remember, over the last 3 years Tiger has won more tournaments than any other player on tour, so to say he is done is really premature.

If healthy there is no one better than Woods currently, even at 38. Furyk, Phil, and many others have proven to compete and even win regular tourneys and majors at an older age. Again, Tiger will be no different, IF Healthy.
Pat3ntP3nd1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat3ntP3nd1ng View Post
THIS^^^^^^^^^

He needs to take the rest of the year off, get into yoga and pilates if he already isn't.

Remember, over the last 3 years Tiger has won more tournaments than any other player on tour, so to say he is done is really premature.

If healthy there is no one better than Woods currently, even at 38. Furyk, Phil, and many others have proven to compete and even win regular tourneys and majors at an older age. Again, Tiger will be no different, IF Healthy.
THIS ^^^^^^^^^

Tiger will be back , he may not be the dominate force he was ,but there also alot more young ,strong ,long hitting talent these days , Bubba 424 yard drive lol , Rory averaging 320 and straight as can be < when Tiger did this he could not be touched or beat , young guns like speith with alot of overall game , but I still see Tiger coming back and winning another major or more I hope
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

the old "i have no chance to win and i want to go home, better fake an injury" trick

his back seems to hurt only on sundays. i think it's more mental than anything like the poster above said
Old 08-05-2014, 02:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

I personally like to see Tiger competitive as I find it more interesting to while watching golf. I would also like to see Tiger win at least one more major and contend for more just to keep the suspense of winning 18 majors alive.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coclarkson View Post
the old "i have no chance to win and i want to go home, better fake an injury" trick

his back seems to hurt only on sundays. i think it's more mental than anything like the poster above said
might be some truth in this but hard to believe , but he is schedule to play as the announced the tee times and group pairing , tiger is suppose to tee it up with Phil
Old 08-05-2014, 09:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

only thing hurt is his ego....

He will win more.... He has never been in this spot in his life...

Not the greatest.... He will get used to it I believe....

He has 6-7 years of playing well...

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

if he is truly hurt, there is no way he should play this weekend. so his back is going to feel better and heal up in 3 days? he should've just said i have a bad toothache and went home like rory did before
Old 08-06-2014, 09:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

He is toast.
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

he is playing in the players championship and had practice round today with Stricker , looked pretty good ,no sign of injury or pain , changed drivers and hit more fairways today , the course they are playing is very long and Tiger has won the PGA championship there in 2000 and was on winning ryder cup team also played at this course
I actually am predicting he will win or compete and post a top 10 as he wants to be a captains pick for the upcoming ryder cup
Old 08-08-2014, 05:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Sad to see him in this second round. Would be great to see him going to head to head with Mcilroy.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:27 PM   #16 (permalink)

The way he played these past two days he's not even fit to carry Rory's clubs... The pressure he's putting on himself lately to win majors is destroying him mentally and his swing-for-the-fences form is destroying him physically.

The new era of young golfers has arrived and Tiger is not the feared competitor he once was, he's got a LONG climb to get back to the top. Rory is up to three majors and is playing the best golf in the world right now, and guys like Fowler are knocking at the door since a couple of years.

He can win all the small tournaments he wants but we all know the pressure is on to win majors and I don't think he's got it in him, not in his current mental and physical state and not with the field being so deep. He's a shell of the Tiger from 1996-2008.

Then again, maybe all it will take is to tough out one major win to send his confidence through the roof and open the floodgates to more domination. Not looking likely at this stage.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:02 PM   #17 (permalink)

Watching him play today at Valhalla was painful, I think at this point he will be done for the year and come back next year with an all new swing which is almost a necessity. I'm sure all the rain that came through this morning didn't make it any easier on him.
cwells52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

I think he'll be back and win more tournaments. As far as majors, I don't think he'll be able to win any more. Jack's record is safe.
rats60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

He needs to take the next 8 months off and learn a new/old swing. He'll never get back to major contention with that swing.

The other thing is that he now has thoughts in his head other than knocking in the putt. He's like the rest of us now and has all kinds of thoughts going through his head when he's over the ball.
C&M Sports Memorabil is offline   Reply With Quote