Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
So because he walked out onto the racetrack, that gives Stewart carte blanche in his actions? Ward was definitely in the wrong to walk onto the racetrack. Stewart was in the wrong for trying to intimidate him by revving his engine. Both of those fall outside the normal racing act, but only one caused a person to die.

Using my earlier example, if a person shoved John and John pulled out his gun to scare him and accidentally stuck and killed someone, do you think that getting shoved by that person should exonerate John from criminal liability for the accidental death?
you are grasping for straws here with your gun example. pulling out a gun and accidently shooting someone is not comparable to someone getting out of a race car and moving down the track into the line of on coming cars. with the distance the camera is from the spot of the accident the rev of the engine you hear is most likely a car close to the camera and not one all the way across the track.
I also don't ship to Canada, Sorry!

Last edited by nuhuskers24; 08-10-2014 at 09:05 PM.
nuhuskers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:06 PM   #227 (permalink)

Let me start off by saying I'm a huge racing fan and attend quite a few racing events every year and believe I know a considerable bit about racing. I honestly find it funny how the people engaging in these arguements start off their side with "I know nothing about racing" If you want to see true acts to intimidate or use of aggression YouTube Bowman Gray Speedway Accidents far worse things have been done then standing in the middle of the track and people walked away. Hundreds of times have I seen somebody step on track during a NASCAR race or an offroad race it happens hundreds of times on tracks across the world you can google that key word and find hundreds of confrontations just like the Stewart/Ward exchange.

Which leads me to my point that I believe this is an accident and an isolated incident drivers having on track confrontations happens all the time and it just so happens that it ended up happening to a huge NASCAR superstar. Yes he had no buisness standing on the track during the race but over and over again do these same things happen with track staff not interfearing with the confrontation and there is no where in the rule book that says you can't do that it has become a commonplace thing in racing to express your displeasure at a driver by standing on track and waving your arms, giving them the finger, throwing your helmet.

From the poorley angled video I saw there is no way to make a diffinative judgement on what did or didn't happen and in all honestly one person and only one person will every know the full truth and thats Tony Stewart. It appears Ward was right in Stewarts path it's not like Stewart went out of his way to throw some dirt on the kid he was standing right there so what do you expect him to do sit there and have the kid come up and comfront him through the window net? He probably throttled up to get by the guy and they'd more then likely sort it out in the Pits which happens after about every racing where one racer is displeased with another.

It's a tragic incident and the focus should be on sending your thoughts and prayers out to the Ward family and everyone involved. Unfortunately it had to end in fatality but this might be the push that promoters and officials need to make rules against on track confrontations not just letting the driver stand out on track undisturbed as cars go by.
College PC (All Sports): Michigan State, Wake Forest
Lionsman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #228 (permalink)

Also notice in the video how there where 2 cars who where inches away from hitting him.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #229 (permalink)

I love all of these idiots on here claiming Stewart was reckless when not a single one has any idea about sprint cars, how they handle or the visibility from inside them. I can tell you. My father raced sprint cars here in Pa for over 25 years. Many times I was sat in the cockpit of his cars, not even at the race track. I'll be the first to say just sitting still during the daylight hours the visibility sucks at best. Now let's add to that darkness, poor lighting (as brought up by drivers who have run that track), dirt, dust, sweat, a helmet not to mention the driver on the track was in a black drivers suit. I would almost bet Stewart did not see him till it was too late. And for those who mention he swerved....Let me dish some info for ya. Sprint cars are a three brake machine. Two rear and one on the left front. This is used to help them set the cars up going into the turn if needed. You touch the brakes, the car will "twitch" so to speak. Same with the gas pedal. So all you card collecting keyboard race car drivers have no clue what you are talking about and are only going by bad video and what ESPN tells you. Also watch the video again, Stewart never hit the kid's car the previous lap, it looks as though he just pinched him up toward the fence and the kid ran out of room. Stewart probably didn't even know he was there. So Stewart would have had no reason to act angry enough to try and scare the kid. Hell he probably didn't even know the kid crashed save for the yellow flag. That's how it is in sprint car racing. Unless a guy gets up beside you where you can see him you generally won't know he is there. I personally don't like Tony Stewart but I think this was just a terrible accident and nothing more.

United States Air Force Veteran
steelcityguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:24 PM   #230 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

I live within 5 minutes from a nice dirt track(and attend regularly) and unfortunately this getting out of the car to kick/throw your helmet/ spit/ cuss or many other things happens almost EVERY week at ALL dirt tracks. MAYBE moving forward a rule will be made to ensure the safety of the drivers. Unfortunately a young man lost his life for a change to be made. Hopefully something good comes of this as ive watched the video and I personally don't think stewart did anything to intentionally hurt that kid. Just a bad situation all around.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityguy View Post
I love all of these idiots on here claiming Stewart was reckless when not a single one has any idea about sprint cars, how they handle or the visibility from inside them. I can tell you. My father raced sprint cars here in Pa for over 25 years. Many times I was sat in the cockpit of his cars, not even at the race track. I'll be the first to say just sitting still during the daylight hours the visibility sucks at best. Now let's add to that darkness, poor lighting (as brought up by drivers who have run that track), dirt, dust, sweat, a helmet not to mention the driver on the track was in a black drivers suit. I would almost bet Stewart did not see him till it was too late. And for those who mention he swerved....Let me dish some info for ya. Sprint cars are a three brake machine. Two rear and one on the left front. This is used to help them set the cars up going into the turn if needed. You touch the brakes, the car will "twitch" so to speak. Same with the gas pedal. So all you card collecting keyboard race car drivers have no clue what you are talking about and are only going by bad video and what ESPN tells you. Also watch the video again, Stewart never hit the kid's car the previous lap, it looks as though he just pinched him up toward the fence and the kid ran out of room. Stewart probably didn't even know he was there. So Stewart would have had no reason to act angry enough to try and scare the kid. Hell he probably didn't even know the kid crashed save for the yellow flag. That's how it is in sprint car racing. Unless a guy gets up beside you where you can see him you generally won't know he is there. I personally don't like Tony Stewart but I think this was just a terrible accident and nothing more.
Thank you for posting this I agree 100% with you somebody who knows something.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:46 PM   #232 (permalink)

I can't believe the amount of people that are saying that he should not have gotten out of his car. It happens all the time in racing. We have all seen Tony Stewart get out of his car to confront other drivers after a wreck. Anybody remember when he got out of his car & threw his helmet as a car drove by? It's part of racing.
Jolietracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolietracing View Post
I can't believe the amount of people that are saying that he should not have gotten out of his car. It happens all the time in racing. We have all seen Tony Stewart get out of his car to confront other drivers after a wreck. Anybody remember when he got out of his car & threw his helmet as a car drove by? It's part of racing.
You are talking about when he was on the side of the track and threw his helmet? I'm almost positive he didn't walk down the track dodging cars first correct?
Old 08-10-2014, 10:05 PM   #234 (permalink)

I'm quite honestly shocked to see so many defending Stewart and putting seemingly all of the blame on Ward. Obviously it's partially Ward's fault, but it seems like some want to completely absolve Stewart of any blame. I'm also curious as to how different the perception of the event would be if it had been Ward that hit Stewart. Regardless of the intentions, what happened was a terrible tragic event.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised to see some of the "get off my lawn, you don't know nothin' about makin' left turns!" crowd here as well.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
I'm quite honestly shocked to see so many defending Stewart and putting seemingly all of the blame on Ward. Obviously it's partially Ward's fault, but it seems like some want to completely absolve Stewart of any blame. I'm also curious as to how different the perception of the event would be if it had been Ward that hit Stewart. Regardless of the intentions, what happened was a terrible tragic event.

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised to see some of the "get off my lawn, you don't know nothin' about makin' left turns!" crowd here as well.
And what would have been your opinion if that car in front of Stewart would have hit him and the same result happened?
Old 08-10-2014, 10:08 PM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolietracing View Post
Hopefully, the good that comes from this tragedy, will be rules based to keep drivers in their cars unless in danger. I keep seeing people say it happens all the time, and it does, but this time it ended in death. I just hope there are rules passed to help it not happen again.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:16 PM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highroller View Post
And what would have been your opinion if that car in front of Stewart would have hit him and the same result happened?
It would still be equally tragic, although there was no on-track confrontation between the other drive and Ward, nor did the other drive appear to swerve in the direction of Ward. There would be no reason to even speculate any malicious intent as there is with Stewart.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
It would still be equally tragic, although there was no on-track confrontation between the other drive and Ward, nor did the other drive appear to swerve in the direction of Ward. There would be no reason to even speculate any malicious intent as there is with Stewart.
So since they bumped into each other and Ward hit the wall you want to speculate that Tony Stewart wanted to run him over with his car?
Old 08-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
So since they bumped into each other and Ward hit the wall you want to speculate that Tony Stewart wanted to run him over with his car?
That's not what I said...do not put words in my mouth.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:22 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
That's not what I said...do not put words in my mouth.
That's pretty much exactly what you said. It's crazy to think a guy who has been racing for that many years bumps a guy into the wall and said guy gets mad and all of a sudden he now has malicious intent to run him over with his car.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:26 PM   #241 (permalink)

Why would Stewart want to intimidate or scare this guy again?
Old 08-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
That's pretty much exactly what you said. It's crazy to think a guy who has been racing for that many years bumps a guy into the wall and said guy gets mad and all of a sudden he now has malicious intent to run him over with his car.
Please, continue making assumptions and putting words in my mouth.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:29 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
The words came out of your mouth right here...
Old 08-10-2014, 10:35 PM   #244 (permalink)

I think if people could separate belief/speculation from fact/knowledge, there would be a more civil discussion. I read all 10 pages of this thread and I see too many posters seemingly ridiculing and belittling others with the opposite view.

Here's what we know:
* Kevin Hart is dead as a result of being struck by Tony Stewart's car.
* Hart would not have been struck by Stewart's car had he remained in his own car.

Here is what we don't know:
* did Stewart see Hart on the track?
* if he did see him, did Stewart intend to send a message or intimidate Hart?
* was the engine rev meant to try to avoid Hart, or to send a message/intimidate, or to accelerate through the turn (which I'm not sure would have been necessary under the caution)
* why Stewart took the higher line under caution.

I feel like I'm missing a couple of "what we don't know's", but those will suffice for now.

Something else we know, though: we can talk all day long about prior instances of people angrily jumping out of their cars and sometimes throwing things - there are probably hundreds and hundreds of those cases. But we know there is no precedent for this particular case. This is the first time a guy has ran into race traffic and been struck and killed.

Knowing that there is no precedent, I believe it is premature for any of us to definitively state what will or won't happen to Stewart. Some feel very strongly that there is no chance he will see criminal charged filed, while others feel quite the opposite. Frankly, that is unknowable right now. It's too early. They could end up with a zealous DA who interprets events to the point where he seeks an indictment - that, or facts will surface that make an indictment necessary. If that happens, we all know a grand jury will indict - even ham sandwiches know that!

On the flip side, the facts or interpretation of available evidence could turn the other way - Stewart is cleared of any wrongdoing.

Whatever the end result, Stewart will live with this the rest of his life and the Hart family will mourn for the rest of theirs. It all could have been avoided had the kid just stayed in his car.

Now for which side of the fence I'm on: I can't get past the way Stewart revved his engine right before Hart was struck. I think he meant to send a message and it went horribly wrong. That of course assumes he saw Hart, which I think he did. Please understand that this is what I think, not what I know. I could very well be wrong, and hope I am.
"The irony of this win for Kershaw is that he wasn't valuable to the Dodgers at all. In fact, you could make the case that he was the least valuable player in all of baseball this year..." NeedChapmans, 11/13/14

Last edited by TNP777; 08-10-2014 at 10:48 PM.
TNP777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #245 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

guys, enuf you are getting no where. Other than just trying to prove you are right and know everything, why are you still arguing? who cares about the what if's and maybe could haves. A lot of facts have been posted and ignored but you guys continue to argue about if he hit the guy on purpose or not. most sprint cars you cant see out of the right side but thru a tiny slit in the metal as you are looking left the whole time. please stop the fighting
Old 08-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #246 (permalink)

One thing's for sure: A nice polygraph test with a few straightforward questions should give everything authorities need to know about Stewarts 'intentions' and 'what he did know.'

All else is speculation, but my gut instinct tells me he knew a lot more than his defenders would like to believe. Of course he didn't intend to kill him, but the fact that he gunned it RIGHT at the point of impact and gunned it 'into' the outer lane and not the inner tells me something just ain't right.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
One thing's for sure: A nice polygraph test with a few straightforward questions should give everything authorities need to know about Stewarts 'intentions' and 'what he did know.'

All else is speculation, but my gut instinct tells me he knew a lot more than his defenders would like to believe. Of course he didn't intend to kill him, but the fact that he gunned it RIGHT at the point of impact and gunned it 'into' the outer lane and not the inner tells me something just ain't right.
did he actually gun it or was it another car closer to the camera that the sound is coming from? even though the track isn't very big the camera is all the way across the track from where this happened.
I also don't ship to Canada, Sorry!
nuhuskers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:55 PM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuhuskers24 View Post
did he actually gun it or was it another car closer to the camera that the sound is coming from? even though the track isn't very big the camera is all the way across the track from where this happened.
There is no mistaking the sound the car made the instant he hit the man...it was a loud, instantaneous rev in the engine and you saw the smoke in the tires, then impact, then a shift in the tone of the sound once impact was made, then the car accellerated briefly upwards towards the top of the track before taking the foot off the gas.

Anyone else that interprets that sound as coming from any other car on the track is dilusional. Some other videos were uploaded with delayed audio, but to my knowledge, this is the true video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVi21d3HpAg

Play it back as slow and as many times as needed.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post
I think if people could separate belief/speculation from fact/knowledge, there would be a more civil discussion. I read all 10 pages of this thread and I see too many posters seemingly ridiculing and belittling others with the opposite view.

Here's what we know:
* Kevin Hart is dead as a result of being struck by Tony Stewart's car.
* Hart would not have been struck by Stewart's car had he remained in his own car.

Here is what we don't know:
* did Stewart see Hart on the track?
* if he did see him, did Stewart intend to send a message or intimidate Hart?
* was the engine rev meant to try to avoid Hart, or to send a message/intimidate, or to accelerate through the turn (which I'm not sure would have been necessary under the caution)
* why Stewart took the higher line under caution.

I feel like I'm missing a couple of "what we don't know's", but those will suffice for now.

Something else we know, though: we can talk all day long about prior instances of people angrily jumping out of their cars and sometimes throwing things - there are probably hundreds and hundreds of those cases. But we know there is no precedent for this particular case. This is the first time a guy has ran into race traffic and been struck and killed.

Knowing that there is no precedent, I believe it is premature for any of us to definitively state what will or won't happen to Stewart. Some feel very strongly that there is no chance he will see criminal charged filed, while others feel quite the opposite. Frankly, that is unknowable right now. It's too early. They could end up with a zealous DA who interprets events to the point where he seeks an indictment - that, or facts will surface that make an indictment necessary. If that happens, we all know a grand jury will indict - even ham sandwiches know that!

On the flip side, the facts or interpretation of available evidence could turn the other way - Stewart is cleared of any wrongdoing.

Whatever the end result, Stewart will live with this the rest of his life and the Hart family will mourn for the rest of theirs. It all could have been avoided had the kid just stayed in his car.

Now for which side of the fence I'm on: I can't get past the way Stewart revved his engine right before Hart was struck. I think he meant to send a message and it went horribly wrong. That of course assumes he saw Hart, which I think he did. Please understand that this is what I think, not what I know. I could very well be wrong, and hope I am.
What threads were you reading?

1. Change your settings to 75 posts per page. Your welcome lol it helps a lot on these types of topics

2. Kevin Hart is filming Ride Along 2 right now
Old 08-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
There is no mistaking the sound the car made the instant he hit the man...it was a loud, instantaneous rev in the engine and you saw the smoke in the tires, then impact, then a shift in the tone of the sound once impact was made, then the car accellerated briefly upwards towards the top of the track before taking the foot off the gas.

Anyone else that interprets that sound as coming from any other car on the track is dilusional. Some other videos were uploaded with delayed audio, but to my knowledge, this is the true video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVi21d3HpAg

Play it back as slow and as many times as needed.
And ask anyone that understands about racing those vehicles how you turn the vehicle....I'll help you out, you have to hit the gas to make the vehicle turn.

It could be looked at both ways:
He hit the gas to get out of the way
He hit the gas to get close and scare hit but hit him