Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 04:15 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LincecumPC View Post
By no means am I a NASCAR fan but this is huge news, especially on a late Saturday night. Just insane..
Yep. Video link I posted already pulled from YouTube. Why did Tony hit the gas? To speed past him? Call me crazy, but when I see a deer, or for whatever crazy reason an actual human in my driving zone, I hit the brakes. It was a CAUTION as well. What reason does a driver have to accelerate during a caution?

Edit: Failed to mention it's AGAINST the rules to accelerate during a caution.

Last edited by Gordo; 08-10-2014 at 04:19 AM.
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:34 AM   #27 (permalink)

I know caca about racing, but it does not strike me as intelligent to get out of your car after a wreck and walk out into the middle of the track during a race. From the video, it looks like he actually got in front of Stewart's vehicle.

I don't mean to speak ill of the deceased, but that was a horrifically idiotic thing to do. Car #45 almost hit the guy before Stewart did.

PS, the video is getting posted all over the place now. Another link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILmIyG6qno
Old 08-10-2014, 04:36 AM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
Yep. Video link I posted already pulled from YouTube. Why did Tony hit the gas? To speed past him? Call me crazy, but when I see a deer, or for whatever crazy reason an actual human in my driving zone, I hit the brakes. It was a CAUTION as well. What reason does a driver have to accelerate during a caution?

I had downloaded that video when you posted it, so I re-uploaded it on my account. I'll keep it up unless YT takes it down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4ieJm3yiks
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:37 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:

Only problem is if you were going at a high speed on a dirt track and there was a deer or person directly in front of you it is not good to hit the breaks as the car would still slide in that objects direction while its a better option to try and increase speed while trying to maneuver around the object. If Tony slammed on the breaks he would have rammed directly into him
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 04:56 AM   #30 (permalink)

OK wow, that was pretty bad, why did the guy get out and run into the middle of the track though? if anything get out and stay towards the wall to wait for a caution flag and help.

Just think, many drivers just do these races for fun before the big race the next day. Tony's going to be in some deep poo poo over this no matter the outcome
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:08 AM   #31 (permalink)

I know nothing about racing. But I watched the video 10 or so times on my big screen before reading the story or any comments. It's obvious what happened.

Tony clipped his car. The kid got angry and ran out on the track trying to be a tough guy. Tony tried to scare the kid and send him a message by driving close to him and revving his engine. His back end spun out and hit him.

He didn't hit him on purpose, but he did try to send a message.

This is why you don't run into traffic.
davdukes4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #32 (permalink)

This sucks.

Very sad that the kids dead... completely tragedy.

But also sad for Stewart. Very doubtful that he intended to kill, hurt or even hit him.... a very tragic accident in the heat of a moment during a sporting even.

will be interesting to see how this is handled though.
ejs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:16 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
Only problem is if you were going at a high speed on a dirt track and there was a deer or person directly in front of you it is not good to hit the breaks as the car would still slide in that objects direction while its a better option to try and increase speed while trying to maneuver around the object. If Tony slammed on the breaks he would have rammed directly into him
How did the 45 car maneuver around and Tony not? Don't have to slam on the breaks in this case, there was ample time for Tony to make a decision. Why not veer directly left? Let off the gas when doing so? He was trying to chump this guy and got too close and ruined his (Stewart) career. Let alone devastate a family.

EDIT: Kevin was standing at the same spot when the 45 passed as when 14 passed. Kevin was trying to run up the track when he noticed Tony was too close, it was muddy he slipped and couldn't dodge Tony's dumbass who was trying to scare him.

Last edited by Gordo; 08-10-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecamp99 View Post
I'm guessing he was trying to scare him by getting close and it backfired huge.
Running into traffic backfired.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdukes4 View Post
I know nothing about racing. But I watched the video 10 or so times on my big screen before reading the story or any comments. It's obvious what happened.

Tony clipped his car. The kid got angry and ran out on the track trying to be a tough guy. Tony tried to scare the kid and send him a message by driving close to him and revving his engine. His back end spun out and hit him.

He didn't hit him on purpose, but he did try to send a message.

This is why you don't run into traffic.

Tony Stewart will be tried for Manslaughter (and hopefully convicted), it is clear that he didn't intentionally hit him, but he did try to send a message that went horribly wrong. Such a tragedy that should never have happened. My thoughts and prayers go to Kevin Ward's family and friends. I hope Stewart owns up to his error and doesn't try to defend his actions that were clearly defined in the video.
Pat3ntP3nd1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:23 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
How did the 45 car maneuver around and Tony not? Don't have to slam on the breaks in this case, there was ample time for Tony to make a decision. Why not veer directly left? He was trying to chump this guy and got too close and ruined his career. Let alone devastate a family.
Tony lost control of his car on the dirt track and hit the kids car....so the kid jumps out and runs to the exact spot where tony lost control on the previous lap.

Tony was trying to send a message to the kid for running out into traffic like an idiot. It didn't go as planned for either of them. This is why you don't play with fire.

Edit: ^I agree he was trying to send a message.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:23 AM   #37 (permalink)

Default RIP Kevin Ward

I know this is the Basketball thread, but the tragedy that happened tonight to race car driver Kevin Ward was truly tragic. Peace rest his soul.

I hope all of you sport aficionados can give your thoughts and well wishes to Kevin Ward's family and friends.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:31 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I know nothing about racing.
Quote:
Tony lost control of his car on the dirt track and hit the kids car....so the kid jumps out and runs to the exact spot where tony lost control on the previous lap.

Tony was trying to send a message to the kid for running out into traffic like an idiot. It didn't go as planned for either of them. This is why you don't play with fire.

Edit: ^I agree he was trying to send a message.
You obviously know nothing about racing, which you have clearly admitted. Tony intentionally spun the kids car out, thats why Kevin Ward got out of his car to yell at him. Anyone that knows anything about racing can see that.

Last edited by blowoutcards4; 08-10-2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: language
Old 08-10-2014, 05:32 AM   #39 (permalink)

I just watched the video.....WTF

Video: Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver During Confrontation, Killing Him
Old 08-10-2014, 05:45 AM   #40 (permalink)

You don't need to know anything about racing to know not to run into traffic. This is going to be bigger than racing. You will have to learn to deal with non race fans opinions on this matter.

Even if Tony intentionally spun out the other drivers car you don't run out on to a dirt track so you can throw a temper tantrum. Hopefully all future drivers and Nascar can learn from this incident.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #41 (permalink)

I wonder how many millions they will be asking for in the very soon to be filed wrongful death suit

This whole story is just very,very bad
Old 08-10-2014, 05:49 AM   #42 (permalink)

Unreal.

Tony has always been (to me) a POS with a hot lit temper who loves to run his mouth and verbally and physically confront his adversaries.

I hope they throw the book at this guy...this is murder any way you look at it.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 05:57 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat3ntP3nd1ng View Post
You obviously know nothing about racing, which you have clearly admitted. Tony intentionally spun the kids car out, thats why Kevin Ward got out of his car to yell at him. Anyone that knows anything about racing can see that. Please shut your Fcking mouth when nothing but sht comes out.
Nothing funnier than a west coast dirt track expert. And even with all the competition.... "Tony intentionally spun the kids car", is the most idiotic comment of the day.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:00 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
That is sickening. God I feel terrible. Silly to run on a racetrack but damn, that is so sad.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:03 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Tony Stewart will be tried for Manslaughter (and hopefully convicted), it is clear that he didn't intentionally hit him, but he did try to send a message that went horribly wrong. Such a tragedy that should never have happened. My thoughts and prayers go to Kevin Ward's family and friends. I hope Stewart owns up to his error and doesn't try to defend his actions that were clearly defined in the video.
All speculation right there.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:04 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
You obviously know nothing about racing, which you have clearly admitted. Tony intentionally spun the kids car out, thats why Kevin Ward got out of his car to yell at him. Anyone that knows anything about racing can see that. Please shut your Fcking mouth when nothing but sht comes out.
You're a real gem.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:07 AM   #47 (permalink)

Exclamation

It's unfortunate that he passed away, but what in the hell was he doing in the middle of the track? I can't imagine the guy thought, "Gee, let me run him over on purpose in front of a big group of people."

I can buy that he possibly clipped the guy's car on purpose, but nobody should be playing in traffic with the expectation of not getting injured. Will be interesting to know how this one turns out.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro318 View Post
Nothing funnier than a west coast dirt track expert. And even with all the competition.... "Tony intentionally spun the kids car", is the most idiotic comment of the day.

You obviously don't know where Im from, or for that matter, know about racing. Lived in Kansas for 25 years of my life before joining the military. I have been privy to watching various forms of racing for much of my life. I addition, I have been a Tony Stewart fan much of that time until now. You clearly are a nut hugger and can't see the forest for the trees.

No, he didn't hit him intentionally but to say that he didn't intentionally spin his car out is ignorant and naive at best. You sir are the... weakest link.

Lets say for a moment that he didn't intentionally spin him out, whats your excuse for him hitting him on the second pass, at a higher line on the track that any other racer was using on the caution? What's your excuse for him knowing where the spin out occurred and still was driving with the rate of speed he was using?

You're clearly a fanboy who can't accept the facts.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:17 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
All speculation right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
You're a real gem.

Please tell us what happened, in your educated opinion Mr. Dogecoin
Old 08-10-2014, 06:26 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbraCalabro View Post
It's unfortunate that he passed away, but what in the hell was he doing in the middle of the track? I can't imagine the guy thought, "Gee, let me run him over on purpose in front of a big group of people."

I can buy that he possibly clipped the guy's car on purpose, but nobody should be playing in traffic with the expectation of not getting injured. Will be interesting to know how this one turns out.

Even at 120+ mph Racecar drivers are more in control than the layman might think.