Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #76 (permalink)

I hope they ban Tony Stewart. And he should be lucky that's the only thing that happens to him. That's unthinkable and disgusting.

RIP Kevin Ward
Halbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #77 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Since when did business as usual include racing after you have run over and killed a fellow racer? Way to show compassion.
Is Tony Stewart from Florida by any chance.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:51 AM   #78 (permalink)

Just woke up and saw video. Man Stewart should be charged. Obviously he didn't mean to hit the guy but he did swerve to scare him. Manslaughter
Old 08-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #79 (permalink)

It seems pretty clear from the video that Smoke gunned the engine right as Ward came towards him. the #14 lost the ass end of the car and clipped KW. Not good.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat3ntP3nd1ng View Post
Understand that in racing many people have gotten in wrecks and subsequently got out of their cars to yell, point and throw things at the instigator. This story is no different. The point which people (your casual race fan) are missing is that Tony Stewart is a veteran driver and took a higher line during the caution lap that a driver normally would in that circumstance. Its my belief that he was trying to intimidate Kevin Ward and accidentally hit him. In my mind that is Manslaughter.

You can tell me that Kevin Ward should not have ran on the track, but again, that is missing the main point.
I understand what you're saying, you feel that Stewart deliberately hit him. That's a dirty thing to do, we all agree.

The point I'm making is that if Ward had stayed inside the vehicle, he'd probably still be breathing. That doesn't justify what Stewart did, if he did act with a purpose and it does look like a game of chicken that ended up badly for the guy standing in road.

Getting out of the vehicle in the middle of the track is a bad idea any way you look at the situation. If he stayed inside, I doubt that Stewart would have run his car into Ward's and Ward would not be dead.

Last edited by AbraCalabro; 08-10-2014 at 09:35 AM.
AbraCalabro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #81 (permalink)

I won't be watching the video. Just a personal belief but the moment that a persons life is taken is sacred and isn't something that should be viewable to people. I feel so terrible for his friends and family that were watching. So terribly sad.
the27guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:28 AM   #82 (permalink)

That should be manslaughter and prison time... fkn ridiculous
mickdapug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #83 (permalink)

Fox has apparently been reporting that there will be no criminal charges filed. Or at least the investigation is not yet criminal, my sister misinterpreted what was said.

Last edited by shrevecity; 08-10-2014 at 09:42 AM.
shrevecity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:41 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
All I stated was this is all speculation. You want to start being a drama queen and throw around manslaughter. Fact is we do not know what was going on. Instead of waiting in the car for help, the driver who was killed stepped out on the track. What happened next? Did Stewart not see him? Did Stewart try to kick up dirt on him? Did he intentionally hit him? Which one is it, buddy boy?

Were you at the track? Were you in Stewart's mind at the time? Are you in the interrogation room right now?

By you responding to another poster with expletives, makes you the pathetic one.
I agree completely with this post...

the videos that have been posted are sketchy at best (at following the "action")

and even then...nobody knows for sure what happened but Stewart himself

they can have all the "eyewitnesses" report all they want too...but again, what if they are just like some of you that have posted (those quoted as saying Stewart has always been a dbag, had issues etc)

hell the 1 quoted in this thread was specified as a fellow driver and FRIEND of the deceased..and he was QUOTED as saying he KNEW for a fact Tony could see him and he did what he did on purpose

how could he possibly know this?

im not defending Tony at all as ive never been a fan...but for the few saying they know for a fact what happened just from a brief video clip is absurd at best

im also shocked he is racing today, if they let him
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
I agree completely with this post...

the videos that have been posted are sketchy at best (at following the "action")

and even then...nobody knows for sure what happened but Stewart himself

they can have all the "eyewitnesses" report all they want too...but again, what if they are just like some of you that have posted (those quoted as saying Stewart has always been a dbag, had issues etc)

hell the 1 quoted in this thread was specified as a fellow driver and FRIEND of the deceased..and he was QUOTED as saying he KNEW for a fact Tony could see him and he did what he did on purpose

how could he possibly know this?

im not defending Tony at all as ive never been a fan...but for the few saying they know for a fact what happened just from a brief video clip is absurd at best

im also shocked he is racing today, if they let him

Maybe, just maybe he does not have a guilty conscience (was a total accident) about this. This, in no means, I am defending the guy. Just something to think about. Either way, officials should not let him race. He may not be in the right frame of mind.
Old 08-10-2014, 09:52 AM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
Maybe, just maybe he does not have a guilty conscience (was a total accident) about this. This, in no means, I am defending the guy. Just something to think about. Either way, officials should not let him race. He may not be in the right frame of mind.
yeah that was why i was shocked..

of course every person handles accidents/tragedy/death in different ways

just like when athletes have deaths in the family/deaths of friends and go out n play the next game

but thats a lot different than being personally involved, not even 24 hours later after something like this

i guess they cant really force him not to race, since no charges have been filed, but i agree id be worried about his mental state and being able to focus/concentrate during todays longer race with a bigger field and faster speeds...
Old 08-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #87 (permalink)

#Nascar spokesman Kerry Tharp: "As of right now there's nothing precluding Tony Stewart from racing today"
— Alan Cavanna (@CopaCavanna) August 10, 2014”

Nothing more than a DEAD fellow racer. Nascar deserves to get destroyed if they let Tony Stewart race today.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #88 (permalink)

my goodness.... Prayers to his family & friends RIP
spurs50fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #89 (permalink)

I cannot believe NASCAR or Tony himself would let Tony drive today. He will not have his focus on the race and could be potential hazard out there. Tony, accidental or not, you still ran someone over and killed them. Sit this race out, there are much more important things that you should be focused on right now.

If he gets in that car today, NASCAR deserves any bad press they get. And I'm willing to bet they will get a lot.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:02 AM   #90 (permalink)

He can just say he didn't see him.
CxG Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #91 (permalink)

Watching the video a few times shows a few things.

1. Poorly lit track and victim wearing a black fire suit and black helmet.
2. Victim clearly ran into Stewart's driving path to get his attention.
3. Stewart accelerated at the point of impact and/or turned into him.

The fact he's racing racing today is appalling.
dhendrix1303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #92 (permalink)

From what I've heard the reason why he hit his gas when he got close was because that's the only way you can turn those cars. Again I know nothing about racing but Over the years I have seen a lot of big stars get into situations where they may or may not be charged with something

My guess is that Stewart won't be charged with anything but the family will prob go after him in civil court
Old 08-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #93 (permalink)

Wow. He will go on Jail for sure.
Pure adrenaline rush Madness

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:09 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
Wow. He will go on Jail for sure.
Pure adrenaline rush Madness
I'll bet any amount that he doesn't see any time behind bars for this
Old 08-10-2014, 10:11 AM   #95 (permalink)

My 2 cents: Tony was trying to be cute and scare the guy, lost control, and killed him. Guy should have never been out on the track to begin with, but Tony has to live with what he did.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #96 (permalink)

Manslaughter or attempted murder?

Huge investigation underway. Was there a history between these two? A lot of questions need to be answered and figured out.

I see him doing time.
CxG Voodoo Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
From what I've heard the reason why he hit his gas when he got close was because that's the only way you can turn those cars. Again I know nothing about racing but Over the years I have seen a lot of big stars get into situations where they may or may not be charged with something

My guess is that Stewart won't be charged with anything but the family will prob go after him in civil court
but but but...everyone knows what happened already...get outta here with your other possible logic

i understand where people are coming from, but i wouldnt go as far as saying its apalling.

Nascar is still a business..and Tony Stewart does still have sponsors that have paid him/his team for advertising..and he is still trying to "make the chase"

not defending his decision, as i agree i dont think he should be out there later today...but i can also understand some other factors in his decision
Old 08-10-2014, 10:18 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat3ntP3nd1ng View Post
You're missing the point bud.

He didn't hit him and kill him on purpose but its my opinion he intentionally rode him high into the turn thus forcing him to spin out, not only that, but its my belief his intentions were to intimidate and scare him by running close to him on the caution pass, unfortunately he hit him. If proven right, that is unquestionably manslaughter.

Please look at the video several times and educate yourself about the gamesmanship of racing, then tell me what you think.
You've changed your wording so many times it's like your not even saying the same thing anymore. Trying to talk down on everyone acting like you're the smartest person in the room. In all reality , you don't know #@#@#@#@. I don't even know why you think you do.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #99 (permalink)

looks like its being "reported" that Stewart in fact will NOT be driving during todays race per his race team
Old 08-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #100 (permalink)

I know nothing about racing. Period. But unless they have audio of Stewart saying he was going to intentionally hit Ward, or there is a witness to some type of indication of this, I can't see any charges being brought upon Stewart. Ward should have never exited his vehicle, and that is a fact. Terrible regardless.
snomelcrob is offline   Reply With Quote