Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub6238 View Post
..and he is still trying to "make the chase"
Right now I would say there is something more important.....
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Right now I would say there is something more important.....
please read where i said i wasnt defending him in his choice to race today..was merely pointing out other reasons why hed "want to"..kthanksbye
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #103 (permalink)

Regan Smith will be racing for Tony Stewart today. Wish people would get the facts right before posting.

Last edited by snajuice; 08-10-2014 at 11:02 AM.
snajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
From what I've heard the reason why he hit his gas when he got close was because that's the only way you can turn those cars. Again I know nothing about racing but Over the years I have seen a lot of big stars get into situations where they may or may not be charged with something

My guess is that Stewart won't be charged with anything but the family will prob go after him in civil court
I've been hearing the same thing. I know nothing at all about driving these cars, but I would assume it would be easier for him to control and avoid him by accelerating then it would be to brake and possibly losing control even more and sliding into the guy.

We aren't in Tony's head so no one can predict if it was intentional, just trying to scare the kid, or if he was trying to avoid him. So to come to conclusions off a video where it is hard to tell is premature. And not trying to put the blame on the dead at all, but the kid really should have stayed off the track. Sounds like he has a history of doing this type of stuff so he must of thought he was intimidating and nothing would happen.
Old 08-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snajuice View Post
Regan Smith will be racing for Tony Stewert today. Wish people would get the facts right before posting.
Up until the last 15 minutes, it was believed that Stewart would be racing today. so their facts were straight. "Business as Usual" is about as calice as calice can be in a situation like this.

I think the facts in this case are pretty clear. Ward Jr was bumped by Stewart which caused a minor crash and an upset Ward Jr. Being dumb, he wanted to hash it out immediately with Stewart and started walking on a race track during a race (a Caution, but still a race). When Stewart came around the corner and saw Ward Jr. he probably thought how much of a dummy this kid was, and when he was close enough to him, hit the accelerator to scare him. For those keeping score at home, this is really dumb move #1 from Stewart.

The result of these two very immature actions was a tragedy, one that could have been avoided in so many different ways, but ultimately is the fault of both Ward Jr and Stewart. There's no murder here, there's no pre-meditation; and I'm not sure how the law looks at a situation like this, but it's a sad reminder of how really dumb mistakes can have grave consequences. Why anyone would walk onto a track during a race, or accelerate during a caution so close to someone on the track is beyond me. One could say Stewart is even more to blame because he is the experienced driver who has been at the center of many big crashes before and should know better ... but that's neither here nor there.

This is not "business as usual" and it's a disgusting comment to make. Really dumb mistake #3.

(I should say more than 3 dozen eye witness accounts have been posted to twitter already from people at the race, all saying the exact same thing. I was not there, so I'm only basing my opinion off of these accounts and the videos I've watched)
Old 08-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #106 (permalink)

Tragic accident. Hope this mans soul was eternally secure.
It is appointed unto man once to die. There is no such thing as biological immortality. We are all going to die.

Ask me more if interested about eternal security.
SalvationSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:57 AM   #107 (permalink)

Being involved with sprint car racing since the time I could walk, this is truly awful for the sport. This isn't the first time Tony has caused trouble racing, and he was already strongly disliked by the sprint car community. Prayers for Ward's family.
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvationSC View Post
It is appointed unto man once to die. There is no such thing as biological immortality. We are all going to die.

cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:59 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:

What just happened in here?

Falcons - Matt Ryan - Julio Jones - Tony Gonzalez- Roddy White - Desmond Trufant
wagoss122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:03 AM   #110 (permalink)

Business as Usual for Stewart-Haas Racing just Stewart won't be driving. His other drivers will be.
snajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #111 (permalink)

Just a terrible, terrible turn of events there. Obviously, getting out of your car on a racetrack in the middle of a race is one of the least intelligent things you can do. I hope they throw the book at Tony Stewart both in the courtroom and on the track. If you want my honest opinion, I would make sure Stewart has raced his last NASCAR race.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:

Davesportscards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Old 08-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #114 (permalink)

Busy Saturday night for Darwin. What could possibly go well if you try to walk onto the track to confront someone during a race? Save that for after the race and just walk up and punch him when nobody is driving.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:25 AM   #115 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

Thanks.

Blocked.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:30 AM   #116 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by snomelcrob View Post
I know nothing about racing. Period. But unless they have audio of Stewart saying he was going to intentionally hit Ward, or there is a witness to some type of indication of this, I can't see any charges being brought upon Stewart. Ward should have never exited his vehicle, and that is a fact. Terrible regardless.
Whew, good to know you need to say you meant to hit someone or have a witness to confirm it in any sort of auto accident where someone dies.
oldgoldy97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Well guy shouldnt have been standing on the track
It happens all the time on dirt tracks you get wrecked you get mad. You get out of your car and point fingers or throw car parts at the person who wrecked you. At night even with lights there are shadows on the track. The noise and the dirt and dust are distracting. Who knows what Stewart was doing or looking at? Maybe he was looking at his gauges or adjusting his brakes. I doubt he gets charged with anything. If the driver stays in his car and lets the tow truck take into the pits. He lives to race another day.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #118 (permalink)

Default Tony Stewart Incident

If this has already been posted then please delete. I dont follow racing at all but what the hell was Tony Stewart thinking? he blatantly ran over this other driver.. Heres the link Video: Tony Stewart Runs Over Driver During Confrontation, Killing Him

ALWAYS BUYING RENATO NUNEZ BC AUTOS
chansen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Just a terrible, terrible turn of events there. Obviously, getting out of your car on a racetrack in the middle of a race is one of the least intelligent things you can do. I hope they throw the book at Tony Stewart both in the courtroom and on the track. If you want my honest opinion, I would make sure Stewart has raced his last NASCAR race.

yeah....uhhh....there is a very good chance there won't be any charges brought on Tony Stewart and he'll be racing for the team in the next week or two
duwal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #120 (permalink)

Murdered that poor child in cold blood. He clipped the kid, knowing full well that the kid would get out of his car and then drove right into him.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:40 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
yeah....uhhh....there is a very good chance there won't be any charges brought on Tony Stewart and he'll be racing for the team in the next week or two
I understand that exactly...and that's pathetic.

On another note, the Associated Press really caught bad luck with the timing of running this article...

In the local paper this morning.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #122 (permalink)

Stay in the car, he lives.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #123 (permalink)

Bottom line: There's enough here to warrant charges and a trial. No trial = outrage. If they have a proper criminal trial, we should all be able to live with the verdict.
Old 08-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #124 (permalink)

Yeah it's already in the racing forum
armyatc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 11:47 AM   #125 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Dont think there was any history between the two. But Tony did rub him and that put him into the wall. Dont forget dirt track cars tires are exposed. They stick out further so its likey accidnetal on the rubbing and it happens. Cars are almost meant for sliding/gliding and have most of the stering in the back - likely why you saw Tony speed up trying to avoid him. For sure emotions were involved but no reason at all for Ward to be down on the track. Take the issue up in the pits. This cost him his life. I dont think Tony's at fault, but rest assured he will have to deal with this for the rest of his life. He's not the most liked guy, but as far as competitors go - not one of us likes to loose. Doesnt mean you can cheat, but you will give it everything you've got to win. As far as the racing goes I'm very much under the impression if guys arent complaining about you your not trying hard enough.