Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
Whew, good to know you need to say you meant to hit someone or have a witness to confirm it in any sort of auto accident where someone dies.
but its not "any sort of auto accident", this example is where you are driving at night and the person that was hit is unexpectedly TRYING to get in the path of your oncoming car
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:52 PM   #127 (permalink)

From what I see Stewart could definitely see that kid on the track and appears to accelerate his car causing it to 'fish tail' and strike the driver.

Reports I had heard claimed he was behind another car and his view was obstructed till it was too late, based on this pretty clear video I don't agree!

Not a racing fan but am aware of Tony Stewart's reputation of being a hot head, this will not help his case in this situation.

I know the kid did the wrong thing by walking the track but still if this was under caution then Stewart had no right in 'gunning' his car as he approached the driver!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:53 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Murdered that poor child in cold blood. He clipped the kid, knowing full well that the kid would get out of his car and then drove right into him.

what???? he didn't know the driver would get out of the car. Every racer is taught if they're in a wreck to either stay in or near their car. It was the 'kid' who decided to walk into the direction of on coming traffic
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Bottom line: There's enough here to warrant charges and a trial. No trial = outrage. If they have a proper criminal trial, we should all be able to live with the verdict.
umm..not sure if serious
cdub6238 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Murdered that poor child in cold blood. He clipped the kid, knowing full well that the kid would get out of his car and then drove right into him.

If you're not in a crosswalk, and don't look both ways before crossing the street, it's your fault.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #131 (permalink)

Why the hell would you walk in the middle of the track while cars are still whizzing by? I know he was pissed for getting wrecked, but had he stayed in the car we wouldn't be talking about this.

Very tragic.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #132 (permalink)

What was Stewart thinking? Nothing.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:27 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbox View Post
Why the hell would you walk in the middle of the track while cars are still whizzing by? I know he was pissed for getting wrecked, but had he stayed in the car we wouldn't be talking about this.

Very tragic.
This very topic is what is being discussed currently on ESPN/ NASCAR Countdown, I am not a fan of NASCAR so I have to ask the racing fans this question is there a defined rule/protocol that exists in NASCAR about exiting your vehicle after a wreck outside of just good common sense?

Now I know that there are far too many situations where it is necessary to get out of your car ASAP for various reasons, but a situation like this last night where the car was not in any danger of fire etc., is there not a rule that when possible you stay in your car until rescue personal can be deployed, just curious!
Old 08-10-2014, 01:33 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
I hope this is sarcasm.

Darwin at work again. Tony will be found not at fault.
cyberpvnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:35 PM   #135 (permalink)

Just an Ugly Incident!

For one the 45 car goes right by the kid without hitting him...why couldnt Stewart?

Stewart Sped up which is not allowed under the caution flag.

Even if he did not try to actually hit him..moments earlier he still sent his car crashing into the wall where he could have been seriously hurt in the 1st place.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:37 PM   #136 (permalink)

There were two bad decisions here that contributed to this fatality.

Internet tough guy Will Watson is my #1 fan!!
THE(NEXT)LEVEL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 01:43 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpvnk View Post
I hope this is sarcasm.

Darwin at work again. Tony will be found not at fault.
I agree with this. Natural Selection works again.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #138 (permalink)
Banned

I wonder what the purpose of acceleration before impact was?
WCTYSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:03 PM   #139 (permalink)

after seeing a video I think it is highly unlikely any charges will be filed. unless there is a video from a different angle then what I saw no way did he tried to hit him.
I also don't ship to Canada, Sorry!
nuhuskers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #140 (permalink)

I don't know the degree of guilt here by Stewart, but I will add a couple of observations:

To say Stewart should/could have seen him, I don't agree, if you're basing this solely off the video provided. The angles are completely different, and the speed didn't help matters, either. He was rounding a curve, and there was a car in front of him, which may have blocked his view for a short second. His dark gear couldn't have helped, either.

I honesty cannot fathom any reason why Tony Stewart would have intentionally hit the driver, for any reason at all. It's just absurd to think he'd do it on purpose, knowing there were thousands of witnesses, and the possible results.

With that said, I'm not saying he did NOT intentionally do it, but if he did, he has to be an absolute animal/lunatic, and for all the reports/incidents describing him as a hot head, a jerk, whatever...that is a huge leap from one extreme to another.

I don't know the facts, but I don't see the 'evidence' that it was intentional. The 'gunning' the engine, I just didn't see that. I'm sorry. He's on a curve, he's on a dirt/mud(?) track, and he's going at a pretty good rate of speed. I think the factors involved play a huge role in this, even more so than ''he's a jerk''...

With that said...in the video, the driver obviously should not have exited the video to confront Stewart, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be hit/die. No way. It's very tragic that it happened, but I honestly believe that if Stewart was a more likable guy, there wouldn't be so many people rushing to judgement and saying he intentionally killed this kid.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrenzy View Post
Bottom line: There's enough here to warrant charges and a trial. No trial = outrage. If they have a proper criminal trial, we should all be able to live with the verdict.
Please show me the evidence that you see cause I don't see anything warranting him being charged

1. The man walked into his way
2. Tony gunned the engine to turn the truck to miss him (you have to hit the gas to turn in these vehicles) and fishtailed and his back end hit him

I just don't see it....yes it's a tragedy and prayers go out to his family but he should have never gotten out of the truck
Old 08-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #142 (permalink)

This is how I see it, after many times watching the video.

I cannot see contact between cars ...looks to me like Ward just gets squeezed and runs out of room.

It also looks like Stewart did run up close to him, most likely to scare him. But Ward bends down as car is passing...most likely to yell at Stewart, and gets taken out by the wing. The impact of the wing is what causes the sprint car to move...not a swerve by Stewart.

I've never been a fan of Stewart...this is a tragic accident. From what I can see, it was not an intentional hit...but in hindsight...Stewart should have driven lower to avoid any kind of confrontation. Knowing Stewarts temper...he intentionally got close to intimidate him, and things did indeed, go wrong!!
Old 08-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

Tony Stewart

Old 08-10-2014, 02:34 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
Tony Stewart

Plenty of other racers have done the same thing if not more after they crashed or felt one of the other racers screwed them over so I don't understand why you posted this
Old 08-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvationSC View Post
Tragic accident. Hope this mans soul was eternally secure.
It is appointed unto man once to die. There is no such thing as biological immortality. We are all going to die.

Ask me more if interested about eternal security.
/thread

Old 08-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes View Post
I don't know the degree of guilt here by Stewart, but I will add a couple of observations:

To say Stewart should/could have seen him, I don't agree, if you're basing this solely off the video provided. The angles are completely different, and the speed didn't help matters, either. He was rounding a curve, and there was a car in front of him, which may have blocked his view for a short second. His dark gear couldn't have helped, either.

I honesty cannot fathom any reason why Tony Stewart would have intentionally hit the driver, for any reason at all. It's just absurd to think he'd do it on purpose, knowing there were thousands of witnesses, and the possible results.

With that said, I'm not saying he did NOT intentionally do it, but if he did, he has to be an absolute animal/lunatic, and for all the reports/incidents describing him as a hot head, a jerk, whatever...that is a huge leap from one extreme to another.

I don't know the facts, but I don't see the 'evidence' that it was intentional. The 'gunning' the engine, I just didn't see that. I'm sorry. He's on a curve, he's on a dirt/mud(?) track, and he's going at a pretty good rate of speed. I think the factors involved play a huge role in this, even more so than ''he's a jerk''...

With that said...in the video, the driver obviously should not have exited the video to confront Stewart, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be hit/die. No way. It's very tragic that it happened, but I honestly believe that if Stewart was a more likable guy, there wouldn't be so many people rushing to judgement and saying he intentionally killed this kid.

This I could not have said it any better myself.
College PC (All Sports): Michigan State, Wake Forest
Lionsman81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 02:37 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Plenty of other racers have done the same thing if not more after they crashed or felt one of the other racers screwed them over so I don't understand why you posted this
To show that competitors can lose their composure, which Stewart has done in the past during competition.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
To show that competitors can lose their composure, which Stewart has done in the past during competition.
So every racer who loses his/her cool has the predisposition to purposely run somebody over?
Old 08-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Ahhh I understand....even though it's a GIF of Tony it was ment to show that the kid did something racers do all the time
Old 08-10-2014, 02:43 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seahawks fan View Post
Just an Ugly Incident!

For one the 45 car goes right by the kid without hitting him...why couldnt Stewart?

Stewart Sped up which is not allowed under the caution flag.

Even if he did not try to actually hit him..moments earlier he still sent his car crashing into the wall where he could have been seriously hurt in the 1st place.
This is wrong, anyone who knows anything about Dirt Track racing knows that during caution laps drivers often speed up to stay close to the car in front of them a lot of time they'll weave back and forth to clean off the tires and speed up a little bit to stay with the car in front of them. They can accelerate under caution it's perfectly within the rules.
College PC (All Sports): Michigan State, Wake Forest
Lionsman81 is online now   Reply With Quote