Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #51 (permalink)

You are wrong about alot here. The only one I will touch is saying this thread is about making money opening a product. Not once did I say that. I simply stated the return compared to what you pay for the KO version is PATHETIC. The product is watered down, and Mr Price coming in here and running his mouth on everything EXCEPT the topic of value in KO should say something. I personally purchased the product hoping for some cool cards and a decent return, not to SELL on eBay but simply to enhance my collection and the value of it. Considering I could most likely buy everything from a KO case for about $600-800 that says alot. Keep pumping out your non licensed garbage, but atleast place some value in it my friend. Sure, you ship superfan a case with a cut, but the other stuff we have seen breaks on are quite bad. The idea of the product was a good one, especially if you are Mr Price.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:26 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
i'll bet i can guess your reply once Brent responds. i'm going to write it down, then palce it in a safety deposit box and pull a David Blaine on you......... lol !!!
It wasn't an open-ended question. I was just curious.

Now I'm curious as to what you thought I'd say. ???
Old 06-23-2010, 11:36 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
You are wrong about alot here. The only one I will touch is saying this thread is about making money opening a product. Not once did I say that. I simply stated the return compared to what you pay for the KO version is PATHETIC. The product is watered down, and Mr Price coming in here and running his mouth on everything EXCEPT the topic of value in KO should say something. I personally purchased the product hoping for some cool cards and a decent return, not to SELL on eBay but simply to enhance my collection and the value of it. Considering I could most likely buy everything from a KO case for about $600-800 that says alot. Keep pumping out your non licensed garbage, but atleast place some value in it my friend. Sure, you ship superfan a case with a cut, but the other stuff we have seen breaks on are quite bad. The idea of the product was a good one, especially if you are Mr Price.
You've been constantly wrong in this forum and proven to be so. I'll do it some more:

If you honestly think KO is "watered down", you have to think the same about almost all other products out there because Ringside Boxing is loaded with hits with uncommon autographs that aren't found in most other products. It's a limited product that many people busted and rushed to ebay. If tens of thousands of boxes were produced instead of the small, limited number, and the total number of hits over the entire production run didn't change, the hits would command higher prices because they would be rarer in relation to the print run. It's far from "watered down".

You seem to be the one "running your mouth". More people in this forum like Ringside Boxing than those that don't. You're in the minority. Just look back at all the posts and count if you don't believe me.

I'm surprised you referred to Dr. Price as your friend. Have you ever personally met him? Is he really your friend, or are you just "running your mouth" some more?

And lastly, if you're referring to me as "superfan", you couldn't be more wrong where my case "with a cut" in it came from. I did not order this product direct from SK as I am not a distributor.

As I have just pointed out, your post is full of incorrect opinions, and you are not to be taken seriously.

Keep trying if you must though. It's getting comical.

Have a good evening,

Matt
Old 06-24-2010, 02:44 AM   #54 (permalink)

First off, an opinion cannot be incorrect. You disagreeing with me doesnt make my opinion any less valid. The product has a horrid resale value. The cards look nice, it was a good concept. The value is trash. Yes, there are autographs that are not easily found. I could say that for alot of players in MLB as well, and same goes THEY DONT SELL! My point here is simple and can easily be proven, the resale value of this product is poor. Enough said. Its no wonder people get annoyed regarding this topic. The cards in this product arent selling that well. Mr Price did well with famous fabrics, this product in my OPINION not so much. Again wheeler, its an opinion.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
First off, an opinion cannot be incorrect.

Again wheeler, its an opinion.
So since this is an "opinion"...

Quote:
Sure, you ship superfan a case with a cut, but the other stuff we have seen breaks on are quite bad.
...and you haven't yet stated you weren't talking about me, I'm going to say once again that your opinion is 100%, unequivocally WRONG, which is in fact the same thing as "incorrect".

Not only did Dr. Price not ship me a case with a cut, but we have seen one KO case yield an Ali auto as well as other cards of value that will make sure that case wouldn't have lost money. That case was purchased from BO too, not directly from Dr. Price.

Your opinion about this product being garbage is your opinion, and one that so far, people don't agree with. And if you're basing sales value only on ebay sales, you're missing the boat. Ebay is NOT the sole market of cards, and it has been discussed many times in this forum. Hopefully you're basing your opinion on something other than ebay sales.

I will make money on my cases. It's not even going to be that hard to do. So if I make money on my cases, is this opinion of yours also "incorrect"?:

Quote:
I simply stated the return compared to what you pay for the KO version is PATHETIC.
If an opinion cannot be incorrect, (your words), what do you call your statements? Facts?

Old 06-24-2010, 03:17 AM   #56 (permalink)

I call my statements my opinion. A fellow just posted another 2 box break and got hammered. Im well aware how the chain of distribution works, but how am I to know if you do or do not have a resale ID and a direct account with Price? Anyways, I was not being serious in stating you were sent a special case. My point again is simply this product has no resale UNLESS you hit the Ali auto. Beyond that one hit and/or a cut, this stuff is BAD. So maybe 1:8 cases might have some value.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:32 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
I call my statements my opinion. I was not being serious in stating you were sent a special case.
You sounded pretty serious. So I guess we are to take the rest of your posts as "not being serious" as well? I'm starting to understand you a lot better now. You are simply not to be taken seriously. After all, you said so yourself in my opinion.

Quote:
My point again is simply this product has no resale UNLESS you hit the Ali auto. Beyond that one hit and/or a cut, this stuff is BAD. So maybe 1:8 cases might have some value.
Looks to me like you're having a change of heart already. Now you're saying "maybe 1:8 cases might have some value", and before you said:

Quote:
I get we dont break even or make on these things that often, but being almost ASSURED of losing 50-60% breaking the boxing is brutal.
I wonder if tomorrow you'll change your "opinion" to 1:4 cases. After all, you probably weren't being serious in one of these posts, perhaps both?
Old 06-24-2010, 04:26 AM   #58 (permalink)

No I was being quite genuine in saying these dont produce value. The results are obvious. Check out the break from Cincy, or the newest break from Monsters. Check out the breaks on eBay. This stuff is not very good. Its amazing you seem to get so offended when anyone even questions a product made by Mr Price.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:59 AM   #59 (permalink)
Manufacturer

Members of Blowout Card Forum:

I have read the post of Cruiserdaddy7.

"Mr Price coming in here and running his mouth"

If this is how the members of this forum feel, I will find something better to do with my time. I try to come on the forum and answer questions and be informative, if that is taken as "running off his mouth", sorry about that.

It won't happen again, I will not participate any longer.

No need to express my opinions about this matter as I now see clearly how the forum works.

During my time on the Blowout Cards forum, I appreciate the actual collectors who corresponded with my by email and PM. We make our products for collectors and I have always felt that a product cannot be judged by simply opening it, listing all the cards on eBay and totally your sales less your eBay and PayPal commissions.

I have been a collector for 57 years and in this business for 20 years long before eBay and PayPal. Sorry, I had to "run off my mouth" just one more time.

Brian Price
bprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
No I was being quite genuine in saying these dont produce value. The results are obvious. Its amazing you seem to get so offended when anyone even questions a product made by Mr Price.
Now how can I believe that or anything else you say? After hearing you admit that you just post to post in here, how am I to determine what you're being serious about and what you're not? I am in no way offended by anything you have said. I just feel the need to point out your incorrect opinions. If you had an incorrect opinion about upper deck, and I read that post, I'd probably point that out as well.

You don't actually think you can come into this forum and attempt to insult a member and card company owner, and then say you were just teasing, and expect anyone to ever take another word you say as being serious do you? LOL

Let me refresh your memory as well as everyone else's so we all know that you're probably just teasing again:

First you said this...

Quote:
Sure, you ship superfan a case with a cut, but the other stuff we have seen breaks on are quite bad.
...and then you said this...

Quote:
I call my statements my opinion. I was not being serious in stating you were sent a special case.
...so you admitted to just teasing us by not being serious with your obvious attempt at an insult. I'm going to assume you're not serious about any of your other posts, and I'm going to assume most others in this forum will do the same. LOL

Perhaps when you join a different forum, you will learn from this experience and think before you type. That way you won't get called out, get caught using "incorrect opinions", and you will have more credibility.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprice View Post

If this is how the members of this forum feel, I will find something better to do with my time. I try to come on the forum and answer questions and be informative, if that is taken as "running off his mouth", sorry about that.

Dr. Price,

I for one won't blame you for wanting to leave here. Just know that it's only a very few members that try to ruin this hobby for everyone else, as is the case with this thread. For some reason, minority voices ring the loudest, and most often, they're just trying to rain on everyone else's parade by trying to get under their skin.

I can assure you that you will be missed if you decide to not participate any longer over here. There will be those few that say you won't, but the majority, whether they voice it or not, will.

You create products for the collector. That is overwhelmingly obvious with all the qualities you put into your releases. As has been mentioned here before by other members, "other companies should take note of what you're doing right". You know the truth. Who cares what Cruiserdaddy7 says now that he has admitted to not being serious with his posts?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #62 (permalink)

dying to see images of the cards
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Dr. Price,

I for one won't blame you for wanting to leave here. Just know that it's only a very few members that try to ruin this hobby for everyone else, as is the case with this thread. For some reason, minority voices ring the loudest, and most often, they're just trying to rain on everyone else's parade by trying to get under their skin.

I can assure you that you will be missed if you decide to not participate any longer over here. There will be those few that say you won't, but the majority, whether they voice it or not, will.

You create products for the collector. That is overwhelmingly obvious with all the qualities you put into your releases. As has been mentioned here before by other members, "other companies should take note of what you're doing right". You know the truth. Who cares what Cruiserdaddy7 says now that he has admitted to not being serious with his posts?
Matt, please stop - you have something on your nose.

Dr. Price,
Plain and simple. Just stick around. Not everyone is going to like a product you put out (I'm guilty of this) - however it is nice to have someone in your position around.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:36 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
dying to see images of the cards
If you haven't seen the sales brochure, it can be found at these two links:

Sportkings Trading Cards

http://www.sportkingsgum.com/product...ctbrochure.pdf

They look great!
Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Matt, please stop - you have something on your nose.

Dr. Price,
Plain and simple. Just stick around. Not everyone is going to like a product you put out (I'm guilty of this) - however it is nice to have someone in your position around.
LOL...I knew that's what people would think.

Trust me, Dr. Price knows how I feel without me having to post in this forum. I wrote that for everyone else to see. And it actually means the same thing you just said. Do you need a kleenex?
Old 06-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
LOL...I knew that's what people would think.

Trust me, Dr. Price knows how I feel without me having to post in this forum. I wrote that for everyone else to see. And it actually means the same thing you just said. Do you need a kleenex?
Hey now!
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:44 AM   #67 (permalink)

I have to say, some of the multi-memorabilia cards in this year's SK preview pictures look really awesome. I like the picture placement with the memorabilia. These cards look a lot brighter than previous years.
Stats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:58 AM   #68 (permalink)

Just let people keep knocking and not wanting the Ringside product,makes it that much easier & better yet cheaper for me to pick up what I need on ebay
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:09 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman71 View Post
Just let people keep knocking and not wanting the Ringside product,makes it that much easier & better yet cheaper for me to pick up what I need on ebay
Bingo Bingo

But what gets me all those haters of this product an sportskings have yet to state what product licensed or not gives a better return ?
Those same haters of this product IF they bought a box of Sportkings and had a huge it they would be the first to praise the product.
Some of it must be envy because they can not afford it on their allowance
Old 06-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
Bingo Bingo

But what gets me all those haters of this product an sportskings have yet to state what product licensed or not gives a better return ?
Those same haters of this product IF they bought a box of Sportkings and had a huge it they would be the first to praise the product.
Some of it must be envy because they can not afford it on their allowance
And half of them would have no clue what the big hit would be if it's named Kobe or Favre or Strasburg.

"WTF,all I got was a gold Jack Nicklaus auto,who the hell is this old guy and why would he have an auto in any product"
Old 06-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #71 (permalink)

Speaking of which, I got my one pack of Famous fabircs from Blowout yesterday and pulled a Jack Nicklaus/Arnold Palmer Dual material which was pretty sweet, nice big swatches and #ed to 9.
Stats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
Speaking of which, I got my one pack of Famous fabircs from Blowout yesterday and pulled a Jack Nicklaus/Arnold Palmer Dual material which was pretty sweet, nice big swatches and #ed to 9.
Who? Never heard of them,let alone who wants material from a golf swatch?? It can't be better than a photo shoot worn jersey by the 19th pick of round 1 in the NFL draft.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #73 (permalink)

Mr. Brian Price,

The format, content and style of your posts reminds me of a fellow that frequents these boards with the handle MWheeler.

Very odd??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprice View Post

I have read the post of Cruiserdaddy7.

"Mr Price coming in here and running his mouth"

No need to express my opinions about this matter as I now see clearly how the forum works.

During my time on the Blowout Cards forum, I appreciate the actual collectors who corresponded with my by email and PM. We make our products for collectors and I have always felt that a product cannot be judged by simply opening it, listing all the cards on eBay and totally your sales less your eBay and PayPal commissions.

I have been a collector for 57 years and in this business for 20 years long before eBay and PayPal. Sorry, I had to "run off my mouth" just one more time.

Brian Price
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1964, 1967-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Mr. Brian Price,

The format, content and style of your posts reminds me of a fellow that frequents these boards with the handle MWheeler.
I know you're not talking to me, but thank you for the compliment. I am humbled by your words.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #75 (permalink)

Again, I havent made a personal attack at either Dr Price OR Wheeler. Considering they are both highly sensitive, mainly Wheeler, I guess I can understand where you would take it that way. It seems a habit of Wheeler to get offended if someone doesnt like a product made by Dr Price. Truly Dr Price, you should hire Wheeler to shine your shoes if nothing else. I think he would consider it an honor. Thank to Gman for mentioning these singles getting cheaper and cheaper on KO. The product continues to go DOWN DOWN DOWN. Cost on this was 1700-1800. Blowouts price has been 2k. Someone said name another product with the same or better return. Hmm, how about 2010 Bowman Baseball? At COST, not what it is now. So you could both RIP the product at original levels, or you could have held the boxes and made 4 times your money on Jumbos. Ringside KO doesnt offer that sort of value either way. So I can certainly prove my point there. Could name some more product but why waste the time. This KO product stinks, quit getting your feelings hurt.