Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 07:10 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
If you haven't seen the sales brochure, it can be found at these two links:

Sportkings Trading Cards

http://www.sportkingsgum.com/product...ctbrochure.pdf

They look great!

thanks alot
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 AM   #77 (permalink)

Brian Price,

Do you make Wheeler call you Dr. Price so he does not accidentally type "I" in one of his Ghostwritten posts on your behalf?

Now that I have gone back and read all of the posts in this thread I am convinced that there is no way that a President of a company could possibly behave in the snarky way that you have been demanding respect for Sportkings from these boards. Respect is earned, not jammed down our throats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprice View Post
I would be interested to know how posters on this thread would go about getting licensed for Sportkings. We have athletes for more than twenty sports. Including baseball, hockey, football, basketball, tennis, golf, horse racing, mixed martial arts, track and field, swimming and more. Which licenses should I try and acquire?

Just wondering?

Also wondering why collectors who don't like the product, just don't buy it. Why do they feel they must slam it?

Let them go out try negotiating with the world's greatest athletes. Pele, Namath, Lemieux, Ryan, Russell, Roy, Marino, Rice, Spitz, Rose, Ali, Montana, Messier, Tyson.

Oh, I forgot, they don't do that, they just slam our products and slam any one who posts on these board that they enjoy, respect and collect them.

I will continue to stay true to the Sport Kings Gum concept of 1933 and will continue to acquire signatures and memorabilia of the world's greatest athletes.

I will continue to do hard signed autograph cards and no redemptions.

I will hope that one day all collectors will respect Sportkings as I believe they should.

Brian Price
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:51 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Again, I havent made a personal attack at either Dr Price OR Wheeler.
Sure you did, but then you said you weren't serious with your post. Remember? You were just teasing when you said it. LOL

Quote:
This KO product stinks, quit getting your feelings hurt.
If it makes your day better to think my feelings are hurt, that's fine with me. Although I can assure you that there's nothing you can say to me that will hurt my feelings. Heck, I can't even take you seriously according to your own words. LOL

By the way, have you checked out this thread yet? I'm quite certain the KO product in the link below doesn't stink, and not only does the breaker disagree with your ridiculous comment I'm assuming, so do others that have read that thread. But again, your comments aren't always "serious" so what exactly are we to believe from you.

LIVE BREAK!!! - 5 boxes of 2010 Ringside Boxing Round One KO Version!
Old 06-25-2010, 09:00 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
Respect is earned, not jammed down our throats.
Speaking of respect, how much did you earn with this thread?

Blowout Board Deceipt

Care to answer my PM yet? LOL. In it I asked, "what have I done to you?". You enjoy throwing stones, and obviously more people disagree with you for doing so than those that agree with you, so why continue doing it? At least let me know what I did to you to deserve it.

This should be good.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:15 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Again, I havent made a personal attack at either Dr Price OR Wheeler. Considering they are both highly sensitive, mainly Wheeler, I guess I can understand where you would take it that way. It seems a habit of Wheeler to get offended if someone doesnt like a product made by Dr Price. Truly Dr Price, you should hire Wheeler to shine your shoes if nothing else. I think he would consider it an honor. Thank to Gman for mentioning these singles getting cheaper and cheaper on KO. The product continues to go DOWN DOWN DOWN. Cost on this was 1700-1800. Blowouts price has been 2k. Someone said name another product with the same or better return. Hmm, how about 2010 Bowman Baseball? At COST, not what it is now. So you could both RIP the product at original levels, or you could have held the boxes and made 4 times your money on Jumbos. Ringside KO doesnt offer that sort of value either way. So I can certainly prove my point there. Could name some more product but why waste the time. This KO product stinks, quit getting your feelings hurt.
That is one product this year that has show this performance. there is always an exception to every rule.

I will buy your argument if you can name another...

Exquisite Football, Exquisite Basketball, UD Black Football, any racing by Press Pass, any hockey product by UD....

I'm going through the list and cannot find another product other than the white elephant that you mentioned in Bowman.

I will look for your response....
Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #81 (permalink)

I opened one case of TKO, 2 boxes of KO, and had 3 slots in a group break that essentially made a 3rd KO box. I didn't hit anything earth shattering (Ali/Frazier Dual mem /10 was biggest hit) and I will make my money back and might even profit. Singles on this seem to be trending up a bit depending on the auto or mem piece and the sets seem to sell well. For as much of this that has supposedly been busted, there aren't a ton of completed auctions for "scrub" boxers. I am by no means a boxing fan but no a little about it and have been pleasantly surprised. If I didn't have two cases of SK coming I would be going back for more. I think everyone has the rip and flip quick mentality and on this product you can't be that way. There were way too many $30 BIN on some of the boxers that would of brough more via auction or BIN Best Offer. In the reference to Bowman in this thread, which product in the last 5 years has done that? Bowman is typically not that great, everyone wants Chrome and Bowman DPP. This is due in part to Strasburg and I think because of the Baseball exclusive for Topps. Most people who don't make money, are uneducated on a product or are a fanboy of a particular brand will call anything junk.
sandlotsportcards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:52 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlotsportcards View Post
I opened one case of TKO, 2 boxes of KO, and had 3 slots in a group break that essentially made a 3rd KO box. I didn't hit anything earth shattering (Ali/Frazier Dual mem /10 was biggest hit) and I will make my money back and might even profit. Singles on this seem to be trending up a bit depending on the auto or mem piece and the sets seem to sell well. For as much of this that has supposedly been busted, there aren't a ton of completed auctions for "scrub" boxers. I am by no means a boxing fan but no a little about it and have been pleasantly surprised. If I didn't have two cases of SK coming I would be going back for more. I think everyone has the rip and flip quick mentality and on this product you can't be that way. There were way too many $30 BIN on some of the boxers that would of brough more via auction or BIN Best Offer. In the reference to Bowman in this thread, which product in the last 5 years has done that? Bowman is typically not that great, everyone wants Chrome and Bowman DPP. This is due in part to Strasburg and I think because of the Baseball exclusive for Topps. Most people who don't make money, are uneducated on a product or are a fanboy of a particular brand will call anything junk.

Shhhhhhh,that's how someone is wrapping up the set quicker than expected
(3 cards away from 1 silver of each)

And it's easy to compare this years Bowman,driven by the hype of one player that comes along once a generation. Now pick something without him and compare it.
gman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #83 (permalink)

Wheeler, You posted a link to a thread I didnt even post in, atleast Im not seeing it. Please refresh me on what exactly I said in that thread that had offended you. I dont see my name anywhere in either of those links.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Wheeler, You posted a link to a thread I didnt even post in, atleast Im not seeing it. Please refresh me on what exactly I said in that thread that had offended you. I dont see my name anywhere in either of those links.
If you can't understand, then I need to be done wasting my time with you, because that's all I'm doing...wasting my time. After this last link of course:

1 Box of Ringside

It's yet another outstanding, money-making Ringside KO box break.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #85 (permalink)

Accusing me publicly of not answering a PM that you never sent is not a good start.

I am heading out the door so I will be back later to provide you the additional input that you have requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Care to answer my PM yet? LOL. In it I asked, "what have I done to you?". You enjoy throwing stones, and obviously more people disagree with you for doing so than those that agree with you, so why continue doing it? At least let me know what I did to you to deserve it.

This should be good.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is online now   Reply With Quote