Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default New Images Revealed: 2010 Upper Deck World of Sports

New Images Revealed: 2010 Upper Deck World of Sports
September 28, 2010, 3:20 pm

Upper Deck officials on Tuesday offered a sneak peek at several new images from the companyís December-releasing World of Sports multisport product.

The productís key calling cards will revolve around longtime company exclusives Michael Jordan, LeBron James and Tiger Woods. But the product also is slated to includes stars from such sports as baseball, hockey, soccer, mixed martial arts, extreme sports, Olympic sports and even lacrosse.

The 400-card base set is bolstered such insert sets as Athletes of the World Signatures, Sports National Dual, Triple and Quad Signatures, All Sport Apparel and Clear Competitors.

In addition to including a stable of traditional signature inclusions (Jordan, James, Woods, Sidney Crosby, Wayne Gretzky), the preliminary World of Sports autograph checklist also calls for the likes of Pete Rose, figure skaters Nancy Kerrigan and Sasha Cohen and MMA legend Randy Couture.

Product promotional literature promises an average of two autographs and one memorabilia card per box (and one multi-signed card per case).

New Images Revealed: 2010 Upper Deck World of Sports The Beckett Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

love how Lebrons new sig has #6, even though pics are still of him w/#23 jersey lol. UD needs to let him go. Woods/Mj is nice though
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnett83 View Post
love how Lebrons new sig has #6, even though pics are still of him w/#23 jersey lol. UD needs to let him go. Woods/Mj is nice though
They cant show him in a Heat jersey without getting sued again. So its either the old High School picture, or him in street clothes.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 01:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
They cant show him in a Heat jersey without getting sued again.
Has that ever really stopped them before?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:47 AM   #5 (permalink)

i really hate how UD has a lot of top flight athletes under exclusives but can't even make cards of them in their pro uniforms. something has to give soon. either they go bankrupt and just quit the sports card business or they get their liscenses back. i just don't want another LeBron high school uni or MJ UNC stuff. at least Kobe got away to Panini. sports cards really aren't the same without autos of those guys in officially liscensed cards.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Can't wait for the lacrosse autographs of Gait and Rabil! If anyone has a lacrosse auto from this set and is willing to trade, please message me or email me at cplax21@yahoo.com
cplax21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 03:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tai

I hate how the pictures look like all sigs are on-card but they are not advertising it as an on-card set. It seems like a ripe opportunity for a bait and switch with stickers but I hope I am wrong. On-card with their exclusive lineup is all UD has going for itself and if the images are not just mock-ups at this stage then it may be worth a look. For all the time they have with limited releases there better be no redemptions either to get my money. I hate sounding like a demanding customer but they are on the fringes of the industry right now and I need to be impressed if they still want my money as former customer.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

This product will be awful

The checklist is huge

Woods will sign 5-10 card
jordan 23

and you will have some soccer guy who singed 1900

looks brutal

MUSEUM COLLECTION FRAME METAL
STAN MUSIAL AUTOGRAPH
kyle1707 is offline   Reply With Quote