Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS

RACING, GOLF & OTHER SPORTS Post your Other Sports Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2010, 11:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default TNA Bound for Glory PPV

Did anybody see that? Wow.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

not yet, will probably watch it tomorrow. Wow as is WOW or Wow as in, Drat, I just wasted $30 on a PPV?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Wow as in "I never saw that coming" (even though the chatter on the wrestling message boards after it happened is "that was so predictable"). The rest of the card was okay. I was in and out of it because I was also watching the Eagles/49ers and packing up some ebay cards all at the same time.

By the way, I watched the PPV but I didn't spend $39.95 on it
Old 10-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

I was paying some attention to the results online, but don't watch Impact ever
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajshack View Post
Did anybody see that? Wow.
see what i must of missed it with the nfl game
mswift69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

absolutely not impressed at all. won't spoil it, but anything TNA does nowadays just seems poorly done. about the only good thing on that show is the Motor City Machine Guns.
Old 10-11-2010, 04:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Its like watching WCW....and I agree anything other than the MCMG & AJ Styles just sucks....I thought RVD would be great to watch again but I much rather him take on talent in the WWE than the scrubs on TNA.

I was not impressed....
NFL: Green Bay Packers
pico04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

It's hard to be impressed if you won't let yourself be. It's cool right now (as if anything in the wrestling community is actually cool) to disparage TNA. If you're a WWE mark, you'll probably never be impressed by anything TNA does. If you're like me and can't stand WWE, you'll see TNA as innovative and geared towards men (as opposed to the pre-teen audience WWE is after).
The actual truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle.
Old 10-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

I used to big a huge WWE mark, still am to a degree with certain things. I do like somethings in TNA have followed since the beginning but they have really ruined somethings. How they can let a talent like Christopher Daniels go is beyond me. Not to mention diminish the X-Division which got them recongnized. The WWE is stale and boring right now.
lexus2903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #10 (permalink)

tna has great talent but with russo doing the booking you get a lot of retarded stuff. the "they" storyline is a example.
geauxj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Van Dam's Rolling Thunder onto Abyss through the table was pretty wicked
Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

TNA's Talent is awesome....I am a WWE "Mark" but I was a ECW Addict....I use to watch TNA and I would be like "Hell Yeah!"....But at this point I watch speratically with the hope that I get engaged again but like I said before....The Guns & AJ Styles are the only thing that keep me from giving up on them.

RVD is still a badass though....
Old 10-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #13 (permalink)

Said it before and I'll say it again. TNA has way too much talent to only fill 2 hours of programming per week, and they are still bringing more people in. Enough already! Roster needs to be smaller, not bigger, get rid of the dead weight and quit bringing in the dead weight to begin with!

TNA has an incredibly bright future if run correctly, but I'm really starting to have my doubts about Dixie being able to do it.
MasterOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 02:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

little late on the post..

i pretty much agree with what everybody has been saying about TNA so far

and who was the one that said TNA has no talent outside of AJ and MCMG?

-Pope
-Desmonde Wolfe when not drugged/drunk andused correctly
-Douglas Williams
-Beer Money
-Samoa Joe
-Jay Lethal
-Eric Young
-Kurt Angle

and most of those are TNAs own so not counting RVD, Hardy (might not be the best anymore but still talented none the less)

now they do have some that should be gone, but they still need some filler

-Abyss..a joke of a Kane rip off who cant wrestle to save his life
-Orlando Jordan..disgusting gimmick
-Jeff Jarrett...never could wrestle..much less 10 years past his prime
-Jesse Neal..only reaosn hes thereis because he gradutes form the Dudleys wrestling school..
-Magnus..hasnt even been seen in months
-Rob Terry..cant even do a clothesline or powerslam correctly

the booking on the other hand is complete and utter #@#@#@#@..ive met Russo and Ferrera as when they were in town doing thw writing they stayed at a hotel here in Nashville, and they both seem really nice...but man the storylines and matches/gimmicks have made no sense

now this cant all be blamed on Russo, as he stated almost a year ago he was burned out and wanted to move on from creative..and im pretty sure his hand in that was done after this PPV

i think the only way theyd be able to compete is if they somehow talked Spike into another show and split up the roster ala WWE...and it also doesnt help that they tape upto a months worth of Impact at a time, so people can read the spoilers for a whole month and not have to watch the shows
cdub6238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

I love TNA but bringing Hogan and Biscoff and changing what made TNA special has been "meh" IMO.

Anyway, my opinion of the "They" story line... Well Hogan, Biscoff and Jarrett were all known as part of THEY, but Hardy wasn't. Now of course after the fact you can sit there and go "yea, that was predictable or that makes sense" cause you can now break down stuff TNA did to make you think Hardy was the guy. Anyway, Hardy has never been a heel and is one of TNA's top money makers...as a business making Hardy a heel like that and hated is a risk, which i'm suprised they are willing to test when they aren't even close to WWE's fanbase. BUT making Hardy a bad guy is making people talk.

MCMG is by far the best tag team in wrestling, PERIOD. Sabin and Shelly both were GREAT x-division wrestlers too.

Abyss IMO isn't being used right, he needs to go back to being kinda dark.

The Shore is a waste of money, they can't even work a mic and the fans really don't wanna see them there.

Ruosso is doing what he did in WCW and screwing stuff up AGAIN!

RVD is past his prime but he is $$$, cause people still love him.

Angle is one of the best, may be past him prime but you can tell he loves what he does and gives the people what they want.

IMO some of their releases weren't good for the company, ODB and Daniels stand out, but i'm sure there are a couple i'm missing that were great assets to the company.

Nash is now "retired" but TNA needs to resign him, atleast to the management staff and they need to stop spending $15,000 on people like Jwoww (Who is he? she? it?)

EV 2.0 needs to go..I love those guys but their time is done.

They need to bring back the X-division again and focus on it, the X-division built TNA and now they kinda let it die. Ultimate X was some of the best matches in TNA EVER!

But as for BFG, it was a good PPV, most the matches were good, 1st and last match were AMAZING..I dunno TNA needs to fix some stuff before they can even think bout being where the WWE is.
Shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #16 (permalink)

overall wrestling continues to suck.......... matt hardy is going to tna i guess ? says he is going to make some groundbreaking changes ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Loving that Hogan turned heel. I don't need him wrestling, but it's cool to see him as an on-air talent and a bad guy, Hollywood 4-life.

Loving Tna right now.
rodgers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #18 (permalink)

Matt Hardy to TNA.....I'm almost guarantee that this will be a bust!

I never said AJ and The Guns were the only talent....I said that they are the only thing that keeps me watching TNA. As good as Kurt, RVD & Hardy are....I started watching TNA because of the home grown talent....Like LAX, Samoa Joe, and the x-division.

I hate that they are forcing old and played out story lines and holding back some of its talent....They need to stop taking rejected WWE Talent and focus on there own.

I hope this Hardy Turning Heel story line plays out good....

The only two Vets I enjoy are Nash and Sting....But it looks like there on the way out.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico04 View Post
Matt Hardy to TNA.....I'm almost guarantee that this will be a bust!

I never said AJ and The Guns were the only talent....I said that they are the only thing that keeps me watching TNA. As good as Kurt, RVD & Hardy are....I started watching TNA because of the home grown talent....Like LAX, Samoa Joe, and the x-division.

I hate that they are forcing old and played out story lines and holding back some of its talent....They need to stop taking rejected WWE Talent and focus on there own.

I hope this Hardy Turning Heel story line plays out good....

The only two Vets I enjoy are Nash and Sting....But it looks like there on the way out.
Nash is done, Sting has about 4 months left on his contract but it looks like he won't be returning.

I think some of the WWE guys that are released deserve a home in TNA. Mr. Anderson was a great pick-up. Jeff Hardy was a great pick-up. I think Carlito would be a great addition but he doesn't seem interested in going there.

Matt Hardy though..yeah, he's garbage, he had his chance 6 years ago and blew it, V1 and all that jazz, he's a low-card talent, they'll bring him in to feud with Jeff and then he will fall into oblivion again.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:36 AM   #20 (permalink)
Inactive Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndySportsCards View Post
Van Dam's Rolling Thunder onto Abyss through the table was pretty wicked
While that time it was cool, the main reason I can't stand RVD is because his whole career is based off of 7 high spots.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:49 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers12 View Post
While that time it was cool, the main reason I can't stand RVD is because his whole career is based off of 7 high spots.
I was in my early Teens when RVD was BIG TIME in ECW....He was the closest person to HBK as far as Show man ship.....

HBK is the Greatest ever and I think A.J has the potential to get there....Imagine Orton vs Styles.....or Motor City Machine Guns against guys like Kofi or Evan Bourne....

I think if WWE can make Sheamus/Orton/Barret into Stars.... I dont understand how TNA cant make a home grown star....AJ & Joe were stars before TNA.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:36 AM   #22 (permalink)

nash and sting should have been gone like 50 years ago
Old 10-17-2010, 03:51 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
nash and sting should have been gone like 50 years ago
Short and Simple....

At least take an extra minute and explain why they should have been gone "50 Years Ago"

If you don't you end up sounding stupid and lose all credibility....so we will give you a do over.....Hit the edit button and try again....
Old 10-17-2010, 10:34 AM   #24 (permalink)

I was about 11 years old when I started watching USWA wrestling to me that is wrestling.... I still watch the old shows to this day... Jeff Jarrett, Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, "Dirty" Dutch Mantell, The Moon Dogs AHHH.... The good Old Days
Old 10-17-2010, 07:50 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico04 View Post
Short and Simple....

At least take an extra minute and explain why they should have been gone "50 Years Ago"

If you don't you end up sounding stupid and lose all credibility....so we will give you a do over.....Hit the edit button and try again....
have you ever watched a match where nash was exciting ? he never wa s a good wrestler. all he has is his size and his mouth. and sting isnt able to do what he used to. they should leave .