Blowout Cards Forums
2016 nat super vip

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS > SKETCH CARD COLLECTIONS & ARTIST GALLERIES

SKETCH CARD COLLECTIONS & ARTIST GALLERIES Sketch card collection threads and artist galleries. Also any sketch card specific threads are welcome here too.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2016, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Blank sketch cards

Apologies if this has been asked/answered many times before but where would be the best place for me to get blank cards from (for artists to sketch on at shows, TTM, etc)?

Thanks in advance!
rjw499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Good question. I've never seen any blank sketch cards for sale. If an artist doesn't have personal card stock printed up for their sketches, then they usually just cut art board into smaller pieces. That's been my experience anyway.
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Karen at Iconix does a lot of cards for sketch artists. I've bought a small run from her as well.

Printing and Design Solutions| Iconix Printing and Design

My favorite blanks I own are ones I did myself. I bought several, high quality Strathmore 100pt boards and had a printshop at a local college cut them down to 2.5 x 3.5 for me. I had stickers for the back made.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ironic that this is being asked right now as I am literally sorting through all my belongings and downsizing in anticipation of my summer move...

If you want TRUE blank - nothing printed on them at all - mass produced cards with no fuss involved, they do exist. I don't know how easy they are to get your hands on, I haven't looked for years and years. IIRC they were between $3.50-5 for packs of 20.

That said, I happen to have a case of 14 packs plus some loose and/or partially used that I have no use for if anyone reading this is interested. I got them in 2010 a couple of months before I found out that I could get my own stock printed. Since I still have 300+ of those cards, I don't see me needing the Strathmore basically ever.
Attached Thumbnails
Blank sketch cards-20160505_175856.jpg  
Old 05-05-2016, 08:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

*Shameless plug*

If your looking for something a little fancier ***Blank Personal Sketch Card Booklets***
I also make blank Panels and cards with or without printed backs in standard and custom sizes.
Old 05-05-2016, 08:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelton View Post
Ironic that this is being asked right now as I am literally sorting through all my belongings and downsizing in anticipation of my summer move...

If you want TRUE blank - nothing printed on them at all - mass produced cards with no fuss involved, they do exist. I don't know how easy they are to get your hands on, I haven't looked for years and years. IIRC they were between $3.50-5 for packs of 20.

That said, I happen to have a case of 14 packs plus some loose and/or partially used that I have no use for if anyone reading this is interested. I got them in 2010 a couple of months before I found out that I could get my own stock printed. Since I still have 300+ of those cards, I don't see me needing the Strathmore basically ever.
They used to sell them at Michael's, for all different types of media, but they stopped years ago. I'd suggest taking Amber up on her offer, but if not I'm sure you can find them online.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

thanks for all the input guys, glad it didnt turn out to be a silly question!

ashelton - I'll PM you re your supply
rjw499 is offline   Reply With Quote