Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.)

Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.) Post your eBay auctions, CheckOutMyCards listings and other internet sales here for all to see!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What is up with JTBSportscards COMC Sale?

I bought a bunch of cards from JTBSPORTSCARDS COMC 5% off per day until Christmas Sale. I paid 15% of book for these cards and also placed a large amount of cards in my offer bucket awaiting the cards to be marked down to 10% on Christmas. I woke up on Christmas morning and logged on to find my offer bucket completely empty. I chalked it up to waiting too long and low and behold my offer bucket today shows all of the same cards for 35% of book for sale from the same seller, JTBSPORTSCARDS. What gives?
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

I noticed this too, but in fairness to him the only mention of this sale was on a couple COMC blog posts that mention the sale running "until" Christmas. No explanation of what would happen on or after Christmas Day, just "until". Not trying to justify the sellers actions, but on the other hand no real obligation was made beyond Christmas Eve day.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Your probably right. This sale caused a little too much confusion (not knowing when it ended as other cards in the port were marked down from 15% to 10% from Christmas Eve to Christmas Day) in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
I noticed this too, but in fairness to him the only mention of this sale was on a couple COMC blog posts that mention the sale running "until" Christmas. No explanation of what would happen on or after Christmas Day, just "until". Not trying to justify the sellers actions, but on the other hand no real obligation was made beyond Christmas Eve day.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

That explains a lot. I was keeping track of the number of cards in the entire port each day since the sale was announced and some days the number of cards actually increased. It looks like the seller was using the 'not for sale' button to shield some cards from the sale, particularly on the last day.

I did wind up with some cards, and I don't want to grouse about a seller who offered cards I wanted to buy at a price I wanted to pay. Nor can I blame a seller who holds back a few cards before they launch into a big sale. But I would point out that, by my calculations, more than 4,700 cards were shielded from the sale by the last day, which is more than 53% of the original port.

There were some good deals to be had, but if that sale deserves to be pimped on the COMC home page, then every seller's sale deserves to be pimped on the COMC home page. Which just adds more weight to the suggestion that COMC have some way for sellers to pimp their own sales somewhere on COMC, instead of the obscure back pages of a different web site's message board.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would further state if you are going to get free pimping on the COMC website advertising a sale that you should follow through with the intent of the sale. I am sure I would have been tempted to do the same thing when sales were not going as expected. Maybe COMC should not be involved in promoting these type of sales unless they are in total control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkoutmydeals View Post
There were some good deals to be had, but if that sale deserves to be pimped on the COMC home page, then every seller's sale deserves to be pimped on the COMC home page. Which just adds more weight to the suggestion that COMC have some way for sellers to pimp their own sales somewhere on COMC, instead of the obscure back pages of a different web site's message board.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I would further state if you are going to get free pimping on the COMC website advertising a sale that you should follow through with the intent of the sale. I am sure I would have been tempted to do the same thing when sales were not going as expected. Maybe COMC should not be involved in promoting these type of sales unless they are in total control.
I agree with this.

If you're going to run a promotional sale, you should follow through with your offer.