Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.)

Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.) Post your eBay auctions, CheckOutMyCards listings and other internet sales here for all to see!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #101 (permalink)

Over $200,000 worth of inventory and cards selling every day. Don't miss out on that extra special Christmas gift.

Check out my inventory here:

mwheeler27's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com

Thanks and take care,

Matt
Old 10-30-2009, 09:20 AM   #102 (permalink)

Smile 30% sale until October 31st

Hi this is Cocoscards on Check out My Cards.

I specialize in vintage baseball cards.

I have just reduced virtually all baseball cards with a book value of $30 or more to price them at 30% or less.

Just trying this out and will be repricing the cards after October 31st.

The prices are as low as I will go so please no offers.
cocoscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #103 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to CardCache Send a message via Yahoo to CardCache

Just lowered prices across the board on all cards.

Also offering all 195 cards left to be ported for $129.58. Book value for 195 cards is at $1371.00.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:53 PM   #104 (permalink)

new lower prices.. make offers need to sell some stuff..
Old 11-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #105 (permalink)

Just added some new cards. Check them out. Thanks.
cygtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:59 PM   #106 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Hate to say this...but if anyones got 14.26 in COMC funds I could greatly use it...my account just went negative

Plus side over the next few months should have 3000+ cards added. Flip side there are 5,484 cards available right now..and well kinda willing to accept offers to get me back to zero.

iluvfish2's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com
Old 11-04-2009, 09:30 AM   #107 (permalink)

Default Over $19,000 in sales in 9 months!

For those of you that might care what COMC can do for you as a seller, here are my stats as of today:

General Account Info
Items in Inventory 8,311
Total Book Value $130,444.85
Items w/o Book Price 1,096
Total Asking Price $199,275.94
Items w/o Asking Price 2
Items Not for Sale 1
Items Ready to Ship 0
Total Sales $19,039.49
Items Sold 1,357
Items Purchased 1,298
Items Added to the Site 8,374

I sold a couple hundred dollars worth in the middle of the night last night to eclipse the $19,000 in dollar sales mark. (My sold book value is $19,653). I have only been selling on COMC for exactly 9 months today. I became a member on February 4th, 2009. My daily average sale is right at $70 over the past 270 days. Not too shabby in what's supposed to be the worst economy of our lifetime.

COMC is a great place to sell your cards. I can't tell you how happy I am that I don't have to pay any Ebay or Paypal fees!

Thanks again to everyone that has stopped by to look at and/or buy cards from me. You guys are great!

Take care,

Matt

mwheeler27's Cards - CheckOutMyCards.com
Old 11-04-2009, 09:36 AM   #108 (permalink)

Congrats Matt! Also saw you hit the 100K mark as well...I'm not sure if I'll ever hit the top 5 on the site, much less top 10...but I'll try as I sitll have lots of boxes to go through
Old 11-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Congrats Matt! Also saw you hit the 100K mark as well...I'm not sure if I'll ever hit the top 5 on the site, much less top 10...but I'll try as I sitll have lots of boxes to go through
Thanks Robert.

I never thought I'd have $100K in inventory on that site. Back in February of this year, only $30,000 would get you in the top 3. I honestly thought that would be tough to do. Now I think it's achievable, although it will take closer to $150,000.

I love the site. Good luck with your sales as well.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 AM   #110 (permalink)

Much happier now that my balance is back in positive territory..guess I'll have to hold off sending cards in for a month or two, think right now i"ve got 18 batches in process and all due to hit before Jan. 1 so should be an interesting for me as well ( I started on Jan. 23, 09) to see what my yearly totals will be. Figuring I'll be near 60-70K once everything has posted, but a slight possibility I hit 80-90K depending on where some of the cards actually book at.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Much happier now that my balance is back in positive territory..guess I'll have to hold off sending cards in for a month or two, think right now i"ve got 18 batches in process and all due to hit before Jan. 1 so should be an interesting for me as well ( I started on Jan. 23, 09) to see what my yearly totals will be. Figuring I'll be near 60-70K once everything has posted, but a slight possibility I hit 80-90K depending on where some of the cards actually book at.
"18 batches in process"...WOW! I think the most I had at one time was 6. LOL I better get to work on sending more in or you'll be passing me on the top 10 list quick!

Let us know when these get posted. It will be interesting to see where you end up.

After selling some of these cards, you'll have enough to be a Boggs Super Duper collector.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:32 AM   #112 (permalink)

I think of my 2275 cards I've purchased only about 1K were from ports...rest have been Boggs, with some Stantons mixed in...Guess I really need to get that bucket updated

I've gotten a few neat ones in lately..guess I'll have to do another Boggs PC update..still bummed on the TT Bat Name Plate (really ruined my night).
Old 11-04-2009, 10:55 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
still bummed on the TT Bat Name Plate (really ruined my night).
I was pulling for you to acquire that bat name plate. It's too bad it went for as much as it did. Hopefully it will be on the auction block again soon for you.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #114 (permalink)

I actually enjoy COMC alot. There are a few things I have noticed though. If I see something priced just way too high, I will not offer on it. I have really only found a couple of buyers I can buy from frequantly. I see a lot of over priced cards, and I just don't want to haggle. I have no problem spending 500+ with on person on COMC. I prefer bulk and higher end. But don't ask me to pay $15 for a card that goes for $4 or $400 and it goes for $200. It's the perception of value, and it easier to buy it somewhere else and just not haggle.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #115 (permalink)

What I find amazing is how people offer me 50% of my asking price, and when I counter, if they know how to get ahold of me, they say my price is way too high, only to see it sold at my full asking price a little while later.

I don't mind offers at all. I will accept some offers of 50% but will counter the rest of them, unless I have countered a few times already.

I don't think anything can be priced too high within reason when it can sit there for 12 cents per year until it sells.

One thing's for certain, I have never been disappointed with even a single sale I have made. How many people can say that when selling on Ebay?
Old 11-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #116 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I actually enjoy COMC alot. There are a few things I have noticed though. If I see something priced just way too high, I will not offer on it. I have really only found a couple of buyers I can buy from frequantly. I see a lot of over priced cards, and I just don't want to haggle. I have no problem spending 500+ with on person on COMC. I prefer bulk and higher end. But don't ask me to pay $15 for a card that goes for $4 or $400 and it goes for $200. It's the perception of value, and it easier to buy it somewhere else and just not haggle.
Your 10000% correct. Many times the same card can be bought on Ebay for 1/2 the price with shipping included. But Comc has its deals also. Like you say, some COMC sellers are there to sell, while others are there to accumulate cards.

Its funny how people say collecting is a hobby, But i thought Card collecting was having cards in a personal collection at home.

Whats even more sad is that the lower end cards, under $1, are great deals on COMC compared to EBAY but the shipping kills buying them.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4auto View Post
Whats even more sad is that the lower end cards, under $1, are great deals on COMC compared to EBAY but the shipping kills buying them.

If the shipping was tweaked somehow, sales on COMC would explode. I have heard numorous people say that is why they do not buy there.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #118 (permalink)

While I dont 100% like the shipping rates on COMC..small lots aren't bad, and to be honest the bulk rate isnt bad either when you sit back and review it. Where else can you buy cards over the span of a month (or more) and then take delivery on them at about .25 each? Sportslots or ebay, when you order, you pay shipping. Each time, and every time. Average combined shippng on ebay is probably .50, maybe .25, so guys are even at a buck for an extra 1 oz card.

Typically I'm buying from 25-100 guys over the course of the month. So in theory say 2 bucks per purchase for shipping (figuring thats pretty close to bare minium for bubble mailer and dc). That would be 50 bucks easily if you figured just 25 guys.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 PM   #119 (permalink)

I'm ok with the current shipping structure on COMC. As a seller there, I benefit enough by being able to spend my money without an extra fee being taken out, that the shipping prices, even on bulk orders, do not really bother me.

With that said, I do think the site is missing out on a ridiculously large amount of additional business because of their shipping structure. The #1 competitive advantage that COMC has over all other competing sites is that EVERYTHING on the site is in one physical location. As Robert said, on ebay or sportlots when you buy from 25-100 different people, those cards are subject to 25-100 different packagings (both cost and labor) and 25-100 different postage costs. On COMC when you place an order that came from 25-100 different sellers, there is only 1 package and 1 postage cost.

I understand the cost of labor issue, but I've always said that I think that should be made part of the consignment costs to the sellers as it is a necessary step of the consignment process that we're supposed to be paying for. If the current fee for full service consignment isn't covering all the costs of the consignment process, then fees for those services should go up... the expenses should not be passed along to the customers. But when orders of 500-1000 cards can be shipped anywhere in the United States at a postage cost of around $10, it creates a competitive advantage that could not come close to being matched by any of the competitors. But instead of utilizing this advantage, the buyers get stuck with S/H bills that can often times be 5-10 times higher than postage costs. The "postage" part is what the buyers should be covering... the "handling" part is what the sellers should be covering as that is part of the consignment process.

Again, there are advantages to ordering through COMC (really whether you're a seller or not, but especially if you're also a seller) that make paying the higher S/H costs seem very reasonable. On the other hand, if you could have all of those advantages AND have a system where the buyer only paid around postage costs (or even a reasonable cap of say $50-$75)... well then look out. You'd have a site generating so much business it would be tough for sellers to find enough cards to send in.

So the bottom line is... I'm fine with how it is now, but it could be 2-3 times better with very minimal change.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike

Last edited by ohiomike; 11-04-2009 at 01:56 PM.
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
I'm ok with the current shipping structure on COMC. As a seller there, I benefit enough by being able to spend my money without an extra fee being taken out, that the shipping prices, even on bulk orders, do not really bother me.

With that said, I do think the site is missing out on a ridiculously large amount of additional business because of their shipping structure. The #1 competitive advantage that COMC has over all other competing sites is that EVERYTHING on the site is in one physical location. As Robert said, on ebay or sportlots when you buy from 25-100 different people, those cards are subject to 25-100 different packagings (both cost and labor) and 25-100 different postage costs. On COMC when you place an order that came from 25-100 different sellers, there is only 1 package and 1 postage cost.

I understand the cost of labor issue, but I've always said that I think that should be made part of the consignment costs to the sellers as it is a necessary step of the consignment process that we're supposed to be paying for. If the current fee for full service consignment isn't covering all the costs of the consignment process, then fees for those services should go up... the expenses should not be passed along to the customers. But when orders of 500-1000 cards can be shipped anywhere in the United States at a postage cost of around $10, it creates a competitive advantage that could not come close to being matched by any of the competitors. But instead of utilizing this advantage, the buyers get stuck with S/H bills that can often times be 5-10 times higher than postage costs. The "postage" part is what the buyers should be covering... the "handling" part is what the sellers should be covering as that is part of the consignment process.

Again, there are advantages to ordering through COMC (really whether you're a seller or not, but especially if you're also a seller) that make paying the higher S/H costs seem very reasonable. On the other hand, if you could have all of those advantages AND have a system where the buyer only paid around postage costs (or even a reasonable cap of say $50-$75)... well then look out. You'd have a site generating so much business it would be tough for sellers to find enough cards to send in.

So the bottom line is... I'm fine with how it is now, but it could be 2-3 times better with very minimal change.

Agree 100%. Very well said.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #121 (permalink)
Banned

Well i finally hit my goal. My last shipment and NOW...
General Account Info
Items in Inventory 0
Total Book Value $0.00
Items w/o Book Price 0
Total Asking Price $0.00
Items w/o Asking Price 0
Items Not for Sale 0
Items Ready to Ship 0

Is COMC a contest to have the most BV? Gots over $1,000,000 worth of cards in my storage basement. Totally not interested in BV listing of my collection. lol. I do like COMC as much as you guys, but i guess i got a different prospective of collecting.

$1,000,000 cards at home
$1,000,000 Cars at home
$1,000,000 in houses!
$0 BV collection online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you sellers next month, will be buying more! and getting them shipped.

Last edited by h4auto; 11-04-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #122 (permalink)

Quote:
Is COMC a contest to have the most BV? Gots over $1,000,000 worth of cards in my storage basement. Totally not interested in BV listing of my collection. lol. I do like COMC as much as you guys, but i guess i got a different prospective of collecting.

$1,000,000 cards at home
$1,000,000 Cars at home
$1,000,000 in houses!

$0 BV collection online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you sellers next month, will be buying more! and getting them shipped.
I don't believe you. From experience, I have noticed that people who brag on-line about something like this have nothing close to it.

People who have $3Million worth of assets like this don't brag about it. LOL Show me all the pictures you want, and I still won't believe you, so don't even try.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #123 (permalink)

Keep your fingers crossed...COMC is doing something for Black Friday, this was just posted on their site

November Promos & Black Friday CheckOutMyCards.com Blog

Get your cards on the site before Black Friday! I believe the word soundsportscards used to describe the weekend after Thanksgiving last year was “sick”. He had 500 cards go in the site just before Thanksgiving and 400 of them sold that weekend.

In order to get your cards on the site before Thanksgiving, you will need to use our Express Processing service, and the cards will need to arrive at our warehouse by Wednesday, November 18th.
25¢ Express Processing for any of the following items

– Any basketball cards
– Any hockey cards
– Any football cards from 2009
* Note that the cards may be delayed if they are not yet listed on Beckett.com

Restrictions
– No more than 5,000 cards per user
– Encased cards, box-toppers, jumbo and graded cards are not eligible for this promotion
– Packages must be postmarked by Monday, November 30th
– Boxes must be clearly marked with your user name and “25¢ Express”
– Follow the instructions for how to ship to us
– Note: There will still be a $3 batch fee per 500 cards.

Learn more about using our consignment service to sell your cards
First-Time Sellers

If you have never sent us cards to sell, you can send us up to 50 cards and we will use the Express Processing services to list the cards for FREE!!!

Restrictions
– Encased cards, box-toppers, jumbo and graded cards are not eligible for this promotion
– Packages must be postmarked by Monday, November 30th
– Boxes must be clearly marked with your user name and “First-Time Seller: 50 Free”
– Follow the instructions for how to ship to us
15¢ Bulk Shipping

The last week of the month you will be able to place a bulk shipment request for 50 cards or more. The shipping fee will be $15 for the first 50 cards and 15¢ for each card after that.

Here are the full details on the bulk shipping option.
Black Friday Sneak Peak

The full details of the Black Friday special won’t be revealed until Thanksgiving day, but you will want to be ready to buy, sell, and ship a lot of cards that weekend.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:44 AM   #124 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I don't believe you. From experience, I have noticed that people who brag on-line about something like this have nothing close to it.

People who have $3Million worth of assets like this don't brag about it. LOL Show me all the pictures you want, and I still won't believe you, so don't even try.
Your rights. I made the numbers rounded.
Its about $900,000 houses
$700,000 cars
$1,200,000 in cards.

I dont have $3,000,000. I should sell my cars and have a $7,000,000,000 port on COMC. Or sell my houses and have a $9bil port. lol.

wheeler, you renting? I got a house i could sell you at ACTUAL values.

PS: Sorry again to the other members. I just post this stuff because a particular member on this forum keeps posting "numbers" up. So i just do the same and he gets all sensitive about "numbers" . Bwhahahhaha
Old 11-05-2009, 12:12 PM   #125 (permalink)

You are worth $3M or so and still continue to conduct a non-stop tirade against COMC shipping costs because you don't like the clearly stated upfront charges? Something does not add up

Quote:
Your rights. I made the numbers rounded.
Its about $900,000 houses
$700,000 cars
$1,200,000 in cards.

I dont have $3,000,000. I should sell my cars and have a $7,000,000,000 port on COMC. Or sell my houses and have a $9bil port. lol.

wheeler, you renting? I got a house i could sell you at ACTUAL values.

PS: Sorry again to the other members. I just post this stuff because a particular member on this forum keeps posting "numbers" up. So i just do the same and he gets all sensitive about "numbers" . Bwhahahhaha
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote