Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.)

Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.) Post your eBay auctions, CheckOutMyCards listings and other internet sales here for all to see!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default I just reached the 1,200+ plateau also, $299.74 in sales BUT..READ

Items in Inventory 65 <=== check the red highlight
Total Book Value $189.80
Items w/o Book Price 0
Total Asking Price $14.31
Items w/o Asking Price 2
Items Not for Sale 3
Items Ready to Ship 0
Total Sales $299.74
Items Sold 276 <---- I shipped out the 1,200+ cards
Items Purchased 1,654 <== This would be 10,000 cards purchased and shipped if the shipping rate was better. Food for thought.
Items Added to the Site 293

Both Seller and Buyers are important. No sellers, no buyers OR no buyers ,no selling.

I would have probably bought 5,000-10,000 cards already from the sellers of COMC if the shipping rates are better. Hope you sellers see the bigger picture and realize that i am just ONE buyer that limits buying due to shipping rates, i can only IMAGINE how many more buyers and lurkers that WOULD BUY if the shipping was more favorable to buyers.

Just some input. A shipping cap would be great.
h4auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

why don't you email COMC directly and let the know what you think? they'll listen to whatever you have to say.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4auto View Post
Items Purchased 1,654[/FONT] <== This would be 10,000 cards purchased and shipped if the shipping rate was better. Food for thought.
I would buy 10,000 cards too, heck make it 100,000 plus, if the price was right and shipping was capped.

How's that project of yours coming? I'm really wanting to pick out 500 cards from the 500,000 or so that you can show front and back scans of to me.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
why don't you email COMC directly and let the know what you think? they'll listen to whatever you have to say.
I did........ and called. But it seems more people complain or/and make suggestions are the sellers. so comc concentrates on the seller side of the site.

Last edited by h4auto; 08-26-2009 at 06:32 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
I would buy 10,000 cards too, heck make it 100,000 plus, if the price was right and shipping was capped.

How's that project of yours coming? I'm really wanting to pick out 500 cards from the 500,000 or so that you can show front and back scans of to me.
Is the cards free at the site you sell at? when they are free i will pay the shipping per card. Keep it up, or squash it.
Better. but i make more money in my other business. got a semi-good domain. though.

Last edited by h4auto; 08-26-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

I will try to put it in a way you should understand. Somebody has to pay the people that are pulling the cards that are being bought. They have to find each and every card from over half a million cards. There is a cost to do so, someone has to pay that cost. If the sellers are to pay that cost, the card prices will rise accordingly and you will have fewer cards being sent in. You are a business owner so you are aware that the cost of selling something needs to be included in your selling price. The moral of this is you would then complain that everyone wants too much for their cards. It is no different than Ebay, figure the cost of shipping and processing in each card you buy.

Buying 2002-03 BAP Signature Series Short Print autos I need.
I can always be contacted through AOL.com
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
I will try to put it in a way you should understand. Somebody has to pay the people that are pulling the cards that are being bought. They have to find each and every card from over half a million cards. There is a cost to do so, someone has to pay that cost. If the sellers are to pay that cost, the card prices will rise accordingly and you will have fewer cards being sent in. You are a business owner so you are aware that the cost of selling something needs to be included in your selling price. The moral of this is you would then complain that everyone wants too much for their cards. It is no different than Ebay, figure the cost of shipping and processing in each card you buy.
I'm guessing he still won't understand.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Wouldn't surprise me if he is one of those unscrupulous salesman either. Of course, that is just my opinion based on how he is treating this whole COMC issue.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yes i understand. As a business owner,customer and just the average person. i have yet to see any other business online that charges s/h anywhere close to the rate table they have. Find me a online website that has worst shipping rate for a item as small and in a space as small as 500,000 cards storage.

You are right that costs are involved. But the customer doesnt care about how a product is made,transferred,insured,etc.. they just want the item at a fair price(I AINT ASKING FOR COST ON SHIPPING, i am suggesting a flat or cap rate on huge quantities).

I just bought 800+ cards on feebay the last 2 days, that possibly is lost sales for comc seller (bought 450 in 2 days on comc) . i got tired of pressing the "flagged for shipping" button 450 times and with the shipping rate, it just makes feebay easier.

As a business owner (multiple businesses), i would never pass and gouge the buyer or customer with costs that is not competitive with other similar businesses.

If i owned any type of business and sold out of ONE SHOP or website. i would not tell the customers, "ooo, since i bought each item from different wholesalers,companies,consignors and countires i have to charge you a surcharge for each item since i keep everything in different rooms or storage spaces around town, "you understand right?"... the customer would laugh in your face and tell the whole world about the idiot shop owner .

AGAIN, COMC is a great concept. Now move on to taking care of the buyers. Seems like the sellers are doing fine.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

I tell you guys what. Lets have the whole world vote on this issue.

Why dont we post this on the internet and ask what people think about the shipping rates for a 1000 card order from one company.

I have no problem with having this seen by the average business person,consumer,non card buying person to make a opinion on a
1000 card lot being shipped at $250 or priority shipped for $500 or expressed for $750..

I like COMC so keeped it here where only COMC,tim and comc user, people can read and improve on the system.

But if you have complete confidence that comc has great shipping rates, why dont we post this on other internet forums,sites for other people that are non-biased to comment on.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

I am confused, what is being spammed here? Was this thread made in the incorrect section?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:25 PM   #12 (permalink)

Old 08-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

General Account Info

Items Sold 2,226
Items Purchased 4,368
Items Added to the Site 2,555

I could be wrong, but I'm betting I have been one of the site's top 10 buyers (at least by volume) since I joined COMC back in November 2008.

I kind of fall somewhere in the middle of this debate, as I do think its completely unreasonable to charge upwards of $150-200 in shipping for a group of cards that can be shipped for less than $10 postage. However, I am willing to pay their shipping prices because (A) I benefit from the site in other ways as a seller (B) Its still cheaper than taking the 20% cashout fee and (C) I usually adjust my offers on large groups of cards to adjust for the 15-25 cents per card I'd be paying in Shipping. So I really don't have a huge problem with it, especially since they've instituted an end of the month bulk rate that will always be available.

But with that said, I don't think buyers should be shouldering the labor costs of gathering the cards and preparing them for shipping. That cost is directly tied into the consignment process, and thus should be costs that sellers are covering. While I think the current COMC shipping fee structure is fair for purchases of single cards or small lots, I do think it can become grossly unfair to the buyer when orders get as large as 500 - 1000 cards. And I could see buyers in the future being able to regularly place orders of that size the more the site grows... but probably not if shipping/handling costs end up being 10X or more what actual postage is. Buyers would not put up with that on any other retail site on the internet, so why should they here?

Again, as a buyer who enjoys the positives of selling and avoids the cash-out fee by spending almost all my credit back on cards, I'm personally fine with the S/H fees as they currently are... especially the bulk rate. But lower fees can only help grow the site into the future and some kind of shipping cap, even if its $50 or $100, could easily turn COMC into the #1 place on the internet to sell cards, and make the site a household name in the collecting community. The biggest advantage COMC has is that everything is in one physical location, which should make S/H costs almost negligible for buyers. But that competitive advantage goes away when the site is actually charging uncapped S/H prices about as high as any seller in the industry.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 08:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

^^^ yea, what he said.

Maybe COMC should start a "Top buyers list" so the buyers have more "say" or "pull" into the growth of the website.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post

This is the kind of statement that I believe is 100% true, and makes me sad when it comes to what COMC is versus what COMC could become. Last I remember mwheeler had done over $15,000 in ACTUAL sales. We all know the site is filled with cards priced right... if only there was some kind of shipping cap and that $15,000 might be dispersed among the other sellers on the site. And I think most of the big sellers would do the same. Its still a better value to spend your sales on the site rather than taking the 20% cash out fee.

So while I don't think the shipping rates are unreasonable for singles and smaller lots of cards, and also don't necessarily think the rates are unreasonable for larger lots if you are also benefiting from the site as a seller... just think how good the site COULD be for both buying and selling if people like mwheeler were throwing around their $15,000+ on the site buying other peoples cards up. And as we can clearly see, he'd be willing to do that with a capped S/H rate.

Things are far from bad now, but they could be MUCH better for the buyer. And generally what we're talking about here is putting a $50 or $100 cap on an order that is likey to cost around $10 to ship. It seems like so small of a move to generate such a tidal wave of activity on the site that otherwise isn't happening.

Last edited by ohiomike; 08-26-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
This is the kind of statement that I believe is 100% true, and makes me sad when it comes to what COMC is versus what COMC could become. Last I remember mwheeler had done over $15,000 in ACTUAL sales. We all know the site is filled with cards priced right... if only there was some kind of shipping cap and that $15,000 might be dispersed among the other sellers on the site. And I think most of the big sellers would do the same. Its still a better value to spend your sales on the site rather than taking the 20% cash out fee.

So while I don't think the shipping rates are unreasonable for singles and smaller lots of cards, and also don't necessarily think the rates are unreasonable for larger lots if you are also benefiting from the site as a seller... just think how good the site COULD be for both buying and selling if people like mwheeler were throwing around their $15,000+ on the site buying other peoples cards up. And as we can clearly see, he'd be willing to do that with a capped S/H rate.

Things are far from bad now, but they could be MUCH better for the buyer. And generally what we're talking about here is putting a $50 or $100 cap on an order that is likey to cost around $10 to ship. It seems like so small of a move to generate such a tidal wave of activity on the site that otherwise isn't happening.
Mike,

You make some very good points, and you present them well.

Here are my actual stats comparing number of items sold with items purchased:

Items Sold 1,038
Items Purchased 1,010

This doesn't mean a whole lot other than illustrate that I have purchased at least 1000 cards on the sight. Some might find it interesting.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #17 (permalink)

I am not that smart on COMC, but it would seem that somewhere along the line that they'd use the flat rate boxes that the USPS are making commercials for right and left. Yes it would still take some small HANDLING fee, but it might cut down on the SHIPPING part.

disclaimer: I don't own any COMC stock.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
I am not that smart on COMC, but it would seem that somewhere along the line that they'd use the flat rate boxes that the USPS are making commercials for right and left. Yes it would still take some small HANDLING fee, but it might cut down on the SHIPPING part.

disclaimer: I don't own any COMC stock.
rudy, as a non-biased person.
which shipping service would you choose for a 1000 card shippment?

1000 cards shipped, standard shipping = approx $250.00
1000 cards shipped, priority shipping = approx $500.00
1000 cards shipped, express shipping = $750.00

Seems most people think thats reasonable.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4auto View Post
rudy, as a non-biased person.
which shipping service would you choose for a 1000 card shippment?

Seems most people think thats reasonable.
Packaging & Shipping Fees

That is what the service is called, shipping charges are a small part of the fees. Add 50 cards to your cart and then view your cart, it will break down the fees. Here is an example:

Cart Summary

* Items in Cart 49
* Different Sellers 1
* Total Asking Price $82.01
* Packaging Fee $12.25
* Postage Fee $2.75
* Grand Total $97.01

And to answer your previous question, there is no company currently that provides anywhere near the same type of service/business that COMC provides. Give Sears a call and tell them you are going to send them XXX and they need to have pictures posted on their site so you can price item XXX and take offers on the item. And then Sears will be responsible for sending the item out if and when the item sells.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Packaging & Shipping Fees

Cart Summary

* Items in Cart 49
* Different Sellers 1
* Total Asking Price $82.01
* Packaging Fee $12.25
* Postage Fee $2.75
* Grand Total $97.01
WAIT!!! That's less than 6 cents per card!
Old 08-27-2009, 12:14 AM   #21 (permalink)

Packaging is part of the full service consignment service that sellers are supposed to be paying for. You're not a full service consignment service if you are only offering the cards for sale, but not shipping them once they have been sold. The only burden that should be put on the buyer is the cost of shipping. Sure, this would increase the cost to the sellers in some way, but it would be much more fair that putting the entire burden on the buyers.

We as sellers are paying for full service consignment services. Retrieving cards and packaging them is part of that process, and thus the labor costs involved with it should be paid for by the sellers. If what we are paying now isn't enough to cover these costs, then prices should be raised or a new fee added.

Again, the greatest competitive advantage that COMC has (all cards in one physical location) is not being utilized. If it were, COMC would be a buyer's paradise and in turn would also be a sellers paradise. Its doing fine now with things as is... but it could be MUCH better.

Old 08-27-2009, 12:23 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Packaging is part of the full service consignment service that sellers are supposed to be paying for. You're not a full service consignment service if you are only offering the cards for sale, but not shipping them once they have been sold. The only burden that should be put on the buyer is the cost of shipping. Sure, this would increase the cost to the sellers in some way, but it would be much more fair that putting the entire burden on the buyers.

We as sellers are paying for full service consignment services. Retrieving cards and packaging them is part of that process, and thus the labor costs involved with it should be paid for by the sellers. If what we are paying now isn't enough to cover these costs, then prices should be raised or a new fee added.

Again, the greatest competitive advantage that COMC has (all cards in one physical location) is not being utilized. If it were, COMC would be a buyer's paradise and in turn would also be a sellers paradise. Its doing fine now with things as is... but it could be MUCH better.
The fees must be paid, period. If the sellers are paying those fees then the buyers will have fewer cards to choose from and higher prices to pay for what they have available to buy. By having the buyers pay for the packaging it allows for more cards to be added to the site, giving the buyers more options. Ebay is a perfect example, years ago you could find any card you desired to find. Since they raised the fees on the sellers the selection has decreased dramatically. I used to list hundreds of items every month, sometimes weekly, now I list maybe 10 cards a month. If COMC raises any more fees I will stop sending cards there also and I am sure I am not the only one that would do so. The bottom line is factor in the packing and shipping costs when buying.

Last edited by cardsrus1; 08-27-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

post this up anywhere that people are non biased. Then you will get the answer. I will keep it here, wouldnt want COMC bashing to occur anywhere outside of this forum.

AGAIN. I LIKE COMC and would buy again in bigger quantities, but it is just not worth it at this time(under $20 cards, in bulk). I am sure the 1000+ cards i bought from feebay recently has the same penny sleeves/top loaders/energy/HUMAN(*great packaging ) that COMC has. Or am i mistaken and COMC has some magic golden penny sleeves(i heard that wasnt used in some orders) or platinum coated top loaders(they dont use that in shipping) they use? or super human energy use to pick a card up( is the facility 100,000 square feet or 1,000 square feet) Maybe the facility is 10 miles long and they use special electric carts to get one card,then the other 5 miles away,then come back and get card #3 on the 10th floor? IDK???

Everyday shipping rates.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:17 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:

I have suggested several times that the seller at least help pay for these fees, but very few people seem to agree with me. The fees have to be paid for somehow. If no one will let the sellers do it, then the buyers have to.

I still think listing the cards for 15 cents, (just a random number), more no matter what service you choose would help a lot.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
The fees most be paid, period. If the sellers are paying those fees then the buyers will have fewer cards to choose from and higher prices to pay for what they have available to buy. By having the buyers pay for the packaging it allows for more cards to be added to the site, giving the buyers more options. Ebay is a perfect example, years ago you could find any card you desired to find. Since they raised the fees on the sellers the selection has decreased dramatically. I used to list hundreds of items every month, sometimes weekly, now I list maybe 10 cards a month. If COMC raises any more fees I will stop sending cards there also and I am sure I am not the only one that would do so. The bottom line is factor in the packing and shipping costs when buying.
However, now were at a crossroad where the buyer doesn't want to pay these high shipping fees and might not purchase your product. Sound like a stand off. Maybe both parties should meet in the middle on the fees? Maybe COMC has room to adjust their fees. Right now the buck is getting passed, and all of it is in the buyers lap. COMC is a great service, but there are still some issues that need fine tuning and this is one of them.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote