Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.)

Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.) Post your eBay auctions, CheckOutMyCards listings and other internet sales here for all to see!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default COMC data? Sale history ruining alot of sales?

A person brought to my attention that one of my cards is overpriced. A Nomo relic /50 . i got it priced at $37.69.

Member: " Nomo relic /50 is nearly $40 and the only one that ever sold on the site sold for $6 and change. So...very very overpriced man."

So i went to take a look at the card in my inventory. TO MY SURPRISE. I BOUGHT THE CARD FOR $9.87 on comc !

Does the structure/formula/calculation of the "sales history" could actually be hindering sales with strange data?

PS: for those who dont know that NOMO cards bring top money. check his cards out.
amazingpacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingpacks View Post
A person brought to my attention that one of my cards is overpriced. A Nomo relic /50 . i got it priced at $37.69.

Member: " Nomo relic /50 is nearly $40 and the only one that ever sold on the site sold for $6 and change. So...very very overpriced man."

So i went to take a look at the card in my inventory. TO MY SURPRISE. I BOUGHT THE CARD FOR $9.87 on comc !

Does the structure/formula/calculation of the "sales history" could actually be hindering sales with strange data?

PS: for those who dont know that NOMO cards bring top money. check his cards out.
For sure...but that'd still be a $10 card at max. Not a $40 card...

Trout, Puig, Ellington, Soler, Baez, and more!
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpastikMooss View Post
For sure...but that'd still be a $10 card at max. Not a $40 card...
You do realize that certain cards people buy on comc are PC or priced to be shipped at later time do you?

People price prospects higher "gambling" on the price going up to meet the higher price in the future.

People Price cards higher if no other are listed on the site.

People price cards for 50% off offers.

People price cards for PC and Just incase someone buys it or needs it.

Lots of other reasons for pricing high or low.

Some people ship 1000's of cards OFF the site and price them just in case.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
You do realize that certain cards people buy on comc are PC or priced to be shipped at later time do you?
Sure...but you bought a $10 card assuming that Hideo Nomo is a hot player. Which...he is...but he retired tons of years ago.

Your $40 price indicates that you think the $6 previous sale and your $10 sale are both low. Which means in the meantime his price would've raised. Which...since he hasn't even played since 2008...is really silly logic.

How is he supposed to gain value between 2008 and now aside from percieved scarcity changing?

It feels like you bought a $6-$10 card for $10...and now you're trying to make it worth more because he has a big name and it's the only card on COMC. I agree that's sometimes worth a few extra bucks...but not 4 times the price.

So that's not on COMC's previous sales structure...that's unrealistic expectations from you AP.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Sure...but you bought a $10 card assuming that Hideo Nomo is a hot player. Which...he is...but he retired tons of years ago.

Your $40 price indicates that you think the $6 previous sale and your $10 sale are both low. Which means in the meantime his price would've raised. Which...since he hasn't even played since 2008...is really silly logic.

How is he supposed to gain value between 2008 and now aside from percieved scarcity changing?

It feels like you bought a $6-$10 card for $10...and now you're trying to make it worth more because he has a big name and it's the only card on COMC. I agree that's sometimes worth a few extra bucks...but not 4 times the price.

So that's not on COMC's previous sales structure...that's unrealistic expectations from you AP.
LOL.

Mickey Mantle retired along time ago, with your reasoning his cards should be under $1.00 buy now.

I dont think you ever bought and sold NOMO cards. I cannot explain why HIS cards are selling till this day. But it is what it is.

PS: always go 50% off everyone asking price , because if you price any card on comc you will get 50% off offers even if you start UNDER the true value. That is how it is on comc.

If i price a 1993 Jeter SP PSA 8 at $30.00 on comc and a low ball flipper sees it first, he will offer $15.00 instead of just buying it outright. .
Old 07-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL.

Mickey Mantle retired along time ago, with your reasoning his cards should be under $1.00 buy now.

I dont think you ever bought and sold NOMO cards. I cannot explain why HIS cards are selling till this day. But it is what it is.

PS: always go 50% off everyone asking price , because if you price any card on comc you will get 50% off offers even if you start UNDER the true value. That is how it is on comc.

If i price a 1993 Jeter SP PSA 8 at $30.00 on comc and a low ball flipper sees it first, he will offer $15.00 instead of just buying it outright. .
I'm not saying prices should drop...I'm saying within a few years...prices should stay reasonably constant.

So if you bought a card for $10 of a retired guy even 5 years ago.

And he hasn't done ANYTHING SINCE.

Don't expect more than $10.

If I bought a Mantle /50 from some set for $3 in 2009, I'd expected around $3 now. I might go for $6. Certainly now $12.

You're going for $40. Double maybe, if you find the right buyer, aka $20. But $40 is just insane. That's you not COMC.

I have bought Nomo before. A lot of japanese guys sell well, and Nomo is definitely one of the highest. But c'mon man...you know asking 4x on the highest that card has ever sold on COMC is asking way too much.

THE JETER EXAMPLE IS AWFUL BTW.

You price it at $30...what did you buy it for?

$15? Sure, double makes sense, especially since he's STILL ACTIVE.
$2? Then $30 is a HUGE overprice. But still possible since Jeter is still active.

Nomo has not payed since 2008. He has not done ANYTHING notable since then. Why would his prices change?

With Mantle it has been like 50 years. Prices change due to condition issues, scarcity issues, vintage qualification, etc. Nomo has NONE OF THAT. He just has a big fan base and the most that base has paid for your card since COMC began is $6, $10 if you include yours. So no..you're wrong.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

i am not going to give away selling "secrets" all i am going to say is i am prospecting a WHOLE NATION with money. that is it.

Some people think "soccer" cards will someday bring buying power from other countries and are hoarding now.

Like stocks, you have to be in BEFORE THE MASSES.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:56 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
i am not going to give away selling "secrets" all i am going to say is i am prospecting a WHOLE NATION with money. that is it.

Some people think "soccer" cards will someday bring buying power from other countries and are hoarding now.

Like stocks, you have to be in BEFORE THE MASSES.
Man...I'm done. Lol have a good night.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Man...I'm done. Lol have a good night.
I am jacking my nomo card to $45.00 after you sleep!
Old 07-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I am jacking my nomo card to $45.00 after you sleep!
Go for it man, hope someone buys it!

Old 07-07-2014, 08:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

Some people...

I feel like this is spam just to get eyes on an overpriced Nomo card...
Old 07-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

I can't tell if this dudes being serious or not.

http://s1344.photobucket.com/user/jbrandonw/library/?sort=3&page=1
jbrandonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:28 AM   #13 (permalink)

Please give me advice, unless of course I disagree.
Major_League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #14 (permalink)

It is a Dodger card #'d to Jackie Robinson's number....that is worth the 100% premium.

Nomo cards are popular...not sure if that card would ever sell for $37 bucks...plain one color jersey....maybe 15-20 is more in range...but your card....your price
Old 07-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #15 (permalink)

The sales history only shows cards purchased and shipped from the site. So, only cards that were taken possession of and mailed to the new owner. This avoids having flips and such listed in the sales history.

Looking at jersey cards /50 of Nomo's that have recent sales on eBay, they range between $.99 and $19.00 (Jumbo TOTT Card). I don't know much about that particular card you have, maybe it brings a premium, but that's the sales history on eBay.

All Categories

20% off Auto Accept on COMC Always On!
My New Blog - http://comcadventures.blogspot.com/
Swipe79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
The sales history only shows cards purchased and shipped from the site. So, only cards that were taken possession of and mailed to the new owner. This avoids having flips and such listed in the sales history.
And it makes sense as they are trying to avoid manipulation by users.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #17 (permalink)

For someone that claims to spend less and less time on COMC....you sure spend alot of time being concerned about it
Old 07-07-2014, 12:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
XL5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swipe79 View Post
I don't know much about that particular card you have, maybe it brings a premium, but that's the sales history on eBay.

amazingpacks's 2003 Playoff Piece of the Game [???] #POG-38 - Hideo Nomo /50 - COMC Online Marketplace
Old 07-07-2014, 12:38 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDPAPER View Post
It is a Dodger card #'d to Jackie Robinson's number....that is worth the 100% premium.

Nomo cards are popular...not sure if that card would ever sell for $37 bucks...plain one color jersey....maybe 15-20 is more in range...but your card....your price
It will never sell for $37 to a person that doesnt not collect nomo or only buys $1 cards to flip. It may sell in the $10-17 range someday to a nomo collector (heck i bought it for $10).

This is what happens when i list better cards on COMC . When the card hits the site, all the offers start coming in at 50% off listing price no matter how low the price can start at (nothing wrong with offering 50% people get lucky sometimes).

If someone listed a MMA card for $50 and it was a $200 card , i wouldnt know it was a good deal. Someone can list a $1.00 Magic card for $200, I wouldnt know its overpriced.

I complain about alot of things but NOT PEOPLES PRICES. If a card is off the market range, i actually try to figure out what the seller knows that i dont know(like the joelshitshow thread). He is doing it for some reason that is beneficial for him. Its obvious which people actually make money in cards and people who are recouping money to put back in the hobby. Losing money in cards is alot less than the cost of other hobbies, so nothing wrong with that also.

Who knows what the agenda is to the pricing.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #20 (permalink)

I've had this problem, but it sometimes cuts the other way (e.g., when somebody way overpaid for a card). Also, COMC's chosen method of only reporting the highest price ever paid AND including any processing fees paid on the card is designed to encourage sales. I tend to agree with this approach because I think attracting buyers for a market like baseball cards has always been far more important than attracting sellers.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
I've had this problem, but it sometimes cuts the other way (e.g., when somebody way overpaid for a card). Also, COMC's chosen method of only reporting the highest price ever paid AND including any processing fees paid on the card is designed to encourage sales. I tend to agree with this approach because I think attracting buyers for a market like baseball cards has always been far more important than attracting sellers.
The problem with this card is I bought the card for $9.87. and a person is saying that only one card sold for $6.00. LOL.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
The problem with this card is I bought the card for $9.87. and a person is saying that only one card sold for $6.00. LOL.
There are other virtually identical Hideo Nomo jersey cards from the same set on the site.

The unnumbered version is available for $5.73. 2 copies sold previously up to $3.07.

A version numbered to 75 is available for $15.00. 1 copy sold previously for $5.18.

$6.00 seems like a fair market price.

But I have seen cases where a card legitimately worth $15 somehow sold for 75 cents at one point, which can make selling another copy of the card at a fair price difficult.
mrwalken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalken View Post
There are other virtually identical Hideo Nomo jersey cards from the same set on the site.

The unnumbered version is available for $5.73. 2 copies sold previously up to $3.07.

A version numbered to 75 is available for $15.00. 1 copy sold previously for $5.18.

$6.00 seems like a fair market price.

But I have seen cases where a card legitimately worth $15 somehow sold for 75 cents at one point, which can make selling another copy of the card at a fair price difficult.

You mean this one that I OWN and got it lowest price on comc? LOL (you notice nobody says anything about the 3000 other cards that i have that IS LOWEST price on the site .)

Last edited by amazingpacks; 07-07-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:54 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
You mean this one that I OWN got it lowest price on comc? LOL (you notice nobody says anything about the 3000 other cards that i have that IS LOWEST price on the site .)

You have turned this around to say "Hey why are people talking about my Nomo when I have thousands of other cards?"

This thread BEGAN because you said COMC's pricing was potentially going to hurt sales, using Nomo as your example.

YOU USED THIS CARD AS YOUR EXAMPLE. So when people tell you this card is overpriced, you need to say "crap bad example" not "look at all my other cards." Stop joking about how people picked out the Nomo...yes I specifically mentioned your Nomo in the other thread but you're the one who took this specific card and made a thread about it, no one else.

Old 07-07-2014, 02:57 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
You have turned this around to say "Hey why are people talking about my Nomo when I have thousands of other cards?"

This thread BEGAN because you said COMC's pricing was potentially going to hurt sales, using Nomo as your example.

YOU USED THIS CARD AS YOUR EXAMPLE. So when people tell you this card is overpriced, you need to say "crap bad example" not "look at all my other cards." Stop joking about how people picked out the Nomo...yes I specifically mentioned your Nomo in the other thread but you're the one who took this specific card and made a thread about it, no one else.
YOU BROUGHT UP THIS CARD FIRST in the other tread.

Check out all the other nomos and let me know which ones are overpriced. Got 44 other nomos and lots of nomo relics. You know everything, let me know what the right prices are.
amazingpacks's All Items matching: nomo - COMC Online Marketplace