Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > THE MARKETPLACE > Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.)

Spam your eBay & COMC listings here! (Photobucket, Sportslots, etc.) Post your eBay auctions, CheckOutMyCards listings and other internet sales here for all to see!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 07:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Boo

Default Ebay question

Got this message from one of Ebay's finest...

Q: Hi, Can you please cancel my bid on this item, it was going to be a gift but my brother already found a similar item in a pack I no longer need the item. sorry good luck

Should I cancel the bid and let him off the hook? Or if he wins the item, just nail him with a NPB? I'm thinking the second.

Auctions ending today, click my id.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Its a catch .22 You leave a neg for him...he can neg you. As bad as it sounds its probably better to let him off the hook. Less hassle....but if you don't get any additional bids you'll get the lovely listing fee shaft.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Its a catch .22 You leave a neg for him...he can neg you. As bad as it sounds its probably better to let him off the hook. Less hassle....but if you don't get any additional bids you'll get the lovely listing fee shaft.
he won't even be able to leave a negative. i say wait 8 days to file a claim, then after 8 more days, slap in with an unpaid strike. just from the way his message reads, he sounds like a young guy. and the strike will probably bug him more than the negative will you.
go_steelers07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_steelers07 View Post
he won't even be able to leave a negative. i say wait 8 days to file a claim, then after 8 more days, slap in with an unpaid strike. just from the way his message reads, he sounds like a young guy. and the strike will probably bug him more than the negative will you.
CANCEL THE BID.

What will happen is that he will respond to the non bidder alert, give you negative feedback then bother him.........unless you want to wait for the last second to take off his bid like somebody else said and see if you get more bidders....and if you forget tell him tough luck. I hate these deadbeats who bid with no intention of paying, if you bid there is a warning from ebay and you sign that contract when you click confirm, but if you care about your feedback cancel your bid. If you are a bitter ebay hater like me, screw him and take the rest of a negative feedback, screw ebay.
jacobbigshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

****I hate these deadbeats who bid with no intention of paying, *****
The guy made a mistake and gave a good reason for asking to cancel his bid...
Like you have never made a mistake ??
WHY is it you guys think all buyers are deadbeats ???When its only the few who are??Your like Vultures waiting TO give a negative because you got one sometime in the past??
Its these bidders on ebay that are making you a cash return on your cards,so just show some class and cancel his bid.

*****If you are a bitter ebay hater like me, screw him and take the rest of a negative feedback, screw ebay.*******
jacobbigshow thats a quote of the month.
Above is a perfect example of what a Seller should NOT be,get out of selling on Ebay if you hated it so much but don't take it out on a bidder.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

Ebay is not a store, it is an auction service. When you place that bid, it is a legal contract!

Say you go to a store and they personally pre-order something for you out of their pocket, and then you find the product somewhere else, you told them to pre-order it specially for you, then you should make it up to them? That is just like the Seinfield episode, and if you don't know why I hate ebay don't bring it up with me and your Boston bias, if anybody went through the crap that I went through ebay they would drive to ebay HQ and start shooting.

And if you see I told him to cancel his bid, thats what I regularly do. Especially if the bidder asks me very nicely or has a good feedback.

Last edited by jacobbigshow; 06-12-2008 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

I think you should let him walk, it seems like a sore choice but in the end it is a lot less hassle. Think of the time involved and if its a good card it will still sell regardless of the persons bid.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Boo

Well I canceled the bid. Didn't need the hassle plus I got more bids already. Added him to my block list....elway7_2000 in case anyone cares.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Well I canceled the bid. Didn't need the hassle plus I got more bids already. Added him to my block list....elway7_2000 in case anyone cares.
Well I wouldn't go that far to cancel his bids. And also I wouldn't block him, but if you feel he wasted your time and you don't want to deal with him again go ahead.

BTW add wholesale_rims to the blocked list. He bids for my auctions, then says he thought shipping was free and doesn't stop bothering me. Block him.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobbigshow View Post
Well I wouldn't go that far to cancel his bids. And also I wouldn't block him, but if you feel he wasted your time and you don't want to deal with him again go ahead.

BTW add wholesale_rims to the blocked list. He bids for my auctions, then says he thought shipping was free and doesn't stop bothering me. Block him.
And he keeps bidding on your auctions? Or was it a one time deal?

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
And he keeps bidding on your auctions? Or was it a one time deal?
Multiple auctions....as well the story goes on.

So he wanted more of my 03-04 finest boxes. I didn't have any but I know a dealer who does. So I was nice and gave my dealer new business right? NO.
My dealer contacted me and said stay away from this guy. He then forwarded me the messages from this deadbeat. O god stay away from him.

wholesale_rims is his name again so everybody can block him or have burden of a million emails complaining (I don't even read them anymore and will probably be getting a negative feedback now).
Old 06-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Ebay is not a store, it is an auction service. When you place that bid, it is a legal contract!

Say you go to a store and they personally pre-order something for you out of their pocket, and then you find the product somewhere else, you told them to pre-order it specially for you, then you should make it up to them? That is just like the Seinfield episode, and if you don't know why I hate ebay don't bring it up with me and your Boston bias, if anybody went through the crap that I went through ebay they would drive to ebay HQ and start shooting.

And if you see I told him to cancel his bid, thats what I regularly do. Especially if the bidder asks me very nicely or has a good feedback.
jacobbigshow you are the one who brought up how much you hate ebay ....so that makes you fair game .....
What this about my so called Boston bias......what does where one lives have to do with IT ??? Or is it again your attitudee toward Boston sport fans in general ???

OH and this gem too >> ***And if you see I told him to cancel his bid, thats what I regularly do. Especially if the bidder asks me very nicely or has a good feedback****
Then why end your first post with ??? >>>****If you are a bitter ebay hater like me, screw him and take the rest of a negative feedback, screw ebay.*******
I would have never responed to your post IF you had left that last part out.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
ND3

I smell a fight. Maybe we can get NE4ME and JBS in the octagon for some MMA action!!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
I smell a fight. Maybe we can get NE4ME and JBS in the octagon for some MMA action!!
Lets go. But with him having Bill Bilicheat in his corner I doubt I will have a chance at winning...he will tape my pre-fight work out and see what disadvantages I have.

And I just hate ebay and Boston. Like I said per ebay rules, once they bid its final. But as a nice person I am, I regurly cancel bids if asked (even not nicely cause I don't want to deal with those people).

Last edited by jacobbigshow; 06-12-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Lets go. But with him having ill Bilicheat in his corner I doubt I will have a chance at winning...he will tape my pre-fight work out and see what disadvantages I have.
Well put jacobbigshow in your sarcastic way But this is a me joking now jacobbigshow I don't need any help even a blind man could not miss you're BIG mouth.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:22 AM   #16 (permalink)

Did I hear some BDSM action???

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 11:27 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
Well put jacobbigshow in your sarcastic way But this is a me joking now jacobbigshow I don't need any help even a blind man could not miss you're BIG mouth.
Don't get to confident. O god I hope I get the southpark quote close to right.

Just before the last superbowl Bill Billecheat gathered his football players and said lets win this one for real, just this one time and not cheat. And You know what happened they lost.

LOL NEWS NOTICE:

Red sox food stands failed food inspections. Om want some germs with your hot dog?