Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Complete set forum?

Maybe I am the only one left who completes sets still but it would be awesome to have a place to post a lot of commons needed. I could find the commons I need and unload a lot of duplicates, too. Probably wouldn't even need to separate it by sport. I have tried it in the singles thread with little success.
Djacks4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djacks4 View Post
Maybe I am the only one left who completes sets still but it would be awesome to have a place to post a lot of commons needed. I could find the commons I need and unload a lot of duplicates, too. Probably wouldn't even need to separate it by sport. I have tried it in the singles thread with little success.

I second this recommendation. It's hard to scan over that Sales threads to find what you need. I collect sets every so often. I would also like a place to trade/sell/buy set cards with other members. It would be so much easier if the title had the set collector set named and everyone could help that individual finish. The thread could be closed once the person has completed it. It would also help some of us dump the 10 or so refractors to set collectors.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/

Last edited by Semper_PatsFan; 01-17-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I'd like a set builders section too.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to BigpapiManny#1

+1. I think we need one.
BigpapiManny#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

The existing B/S/T forums are more than sufficient. Learn to use descriptive thread titles and there will be no problems with finding similar threads.

No need to add even more subforum(s) to this already cluttered board.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Good or bad I'm in agreement with Brad. A good title goes a long way as does using the search feature and pms (stating this for those that love to bump 2+ year old threads)
Old 01-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Forum JUST for setbuilding would be beneficial to many
toppsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Good or bad I'm in agreement with Brad. A good title goes a long way as does using the search feature and pms (stating this for those that love to bump 2+ year old threads)
Disagree with you and Brad. I know you spend a lot more time on here than most so I understand your feeling that using the search function and other time consuming methods to find what you are looking for isn't a issue. But there are some of us who can't always spend a bunch of time clicking on multiple threads with the word "Refractor". I see the "Mods" always closing political threads why can't they close a "Set" thread by request of the opener? I would love to login and go right to a specific thread about "2010 Finest Xfractors" set collector so I could see if they needed any of the Xfractor cards I just pulled from the LCS. Instead of listing each and every card I pulled on the Box Break section hoping that someone who needed them would check the my thread. Also, I dont' login everyday so when I do sometimes there are dozens of threads I haven't opened and it could take a while for me open each thread to see exactly what's in each of them.
I do understand that the forum in getting cluttered but it doesn't bother me because I go where I need to go. I don't bother with sections that don't interest me so if you added 100 more discussions areas I'd still only go where I want to go.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

1000% agree there needs to be a Set Forum - you only need one really - but there has to be one.

I respect the opinion of the "clutter" but the theory that the current boards are sufficient is laughable.

The simple fact is that most traders are simply going to skim over the majority of threads unless they know they have some nicer cards from specific sets.

If I make a posting saying I need 2007 SP Authentic Football for my set - 90% of people gloss right over it unless they have Rookie Patch Autos because they don't have the patience to look through boxes for 10 random common cards - almost no one is going to casually open that thread to look at my list unless they know they have something of value worth sending in a bubble envelope.

If there was a set thread then collectors that do want to take the time to search of commons would have someone to go. It also allows for less issues if a select group of traders could use a set forum, since it's a specialized collection, and they could agree to send commons PWE etc...to save money if they so choose.

90% of traders are no help on this forum when all someone needs is 10 random commons to complete a set. It'd be nice if that 10% had somewhere to look.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
1000% agree there needs to be a Set Forum - you only need one really - but there has to be one.

I respect the opinion of the "clutter" but the theory that the current boards are sufficient is laughable.

The simple fact is that most traders are simply going to skim over the majority of threads unless they know they have some nicer cards from specific sets.

If I make a posting saying I need 2007 SP Authentic Football for my set - 90% of people gloss right over it unless they have Rookie Patch Autos because they don't have the patience to look through boxes for 10 random common cards - almost no one is going to casually open that thread to look at my list unless they know they have something of value worth sending in a bubble envelope.

If there was a set thread then collectors that do want to take the time to search of commons would have someone to go. It also allows for less issues if a select group of traders could use a set forum, since it's a specialized collection, and they could agree to send commons PWE etc...to save money if they so choose.

90% of traders are no help on this forum when all someone needs is 10 random commons to complete a set. It'd be nice if that 10% had somewhere to look.

I like these points as well. It sucks when someone has 2 of your cards but wants like $5.00 for shipping cost when the cards are only worth $1.00 alone. I'll risk PWE shipping for low dollar trades. At least when it's done with a reputable blowout contributer.
There doesn't need to be multiple sports set forums either. Just one for all the set collectors.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

I would like to see this forum as well... I am currently trying to complete 2 sets and can't find anymore of the commons.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
GA0

I'm an avid set collector, and this subforum would make BO 100% better. Searching through 1000s of threads and PMing can be nice, but only for people with tons of time on their hands.
John Wall sucks, send me all his autos for $5 a piece
GA0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to whywhy

i would like this to unload some of my dupes, and help people out!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

"... I agree with you -- in theory. In theory, communism works. In theory." --Homer Simpson

I understand the spirit of a complete set forum, you guys are mostly talking about base fills, but there'd be people posting that are trying to complete patch subsets, etc...higher value stuff that would clutter the forum and end up defeating the purpose.

I like the idea as perhaps there will be people that are "more serious" about completing their sets. I will often take the time to look for base fills but often times end up getting frustrated when the op never replies. I have stacks of random cards kicking around which gets discouraging.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

so does anyone in this thread have any 09 Gridiron gear base? I need a few of those LOL.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #16 (permalink)

Just started new set. I wanted to plug the idea of a Set Section.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

I completely agree. I tried several months back to start a threat about trading to finish sets and there was little interest. But I think if this was in a separate area where we can have an individual post based on set and year people would not feel intimidated to have to search through hundreds of threads to try to find single to finish sets. It's at least worth a go IMO.

RockyMtCollector
RckyMtCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Me too! Help us out Blowout
catcherball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

I like the idea as well. I currently am trying to help people with base sets and I also need base from time to time so it would be beneficial to have a sub forum specifically for base transactions only. I understand the search feature and know how to use it, but it would just be easier to see a sub thread for it.

The only thing I don't agree with is a PWE purchase. If your willing to gamble like that then send it bubble without delivery confirmation. You spend at least two stamps on PWE no matter what, and at that point it makes sense to just add 30 more cents and sent it bubble mail in a top loader without delivery confirmation so long as everyone agrees. My to cents.

MY PC NFS/NFT: http://www.zistle.com/bboi30/collections/baseball
bboi30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

Me like and wanna too!

Iluvfish2 and Brad... I politely disagree with you guys.
A descriptive title is not enough when you collect 10-20 sets.

I can't fit this in my title

Wanted sets: 07 Upper Deck, 05 Topps, 10 Panini Prestige, 03 Topps Chrome Refs blah blah

Titles like this: Please check out my various set needs doesn't get bites at all.

One of your forum rules is to keep threads to a minimum and I already got growled at for listing my set needs separately.

Listing them separately did indeed get me some action because I was able to describe exactly what I wanted.
Exactly your recommendation eh?
Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #21 (permalink)

I also think this would be a great idea. I am a set collector and think having a separate forum would be beneficial for many of the members. Just thought I would throw in my YES vote!
Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #22 (permalink)

I like this idea as well
Old 02-02-2011, 12:01 AM   #23 (permalink)

I like the idea, but I don't see it happening though.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:47 AM   #24 (permalink)

I support this idea 100%.

I'm not quite sure how one extra link on a forum constitutes "clutter" so I think that argument is invalid. Don't like the idea? Don't click on the link that would bring you into that room. Simple as that.
blokkem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

Would love to see this happen as well. Not efficient to have multiple people offering 3-4 cards each. I complete lots of sets and would like to help others out with my duplicates.