Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #51 (permalink)

This thread was created because someone did not like the offers he was getting....are you serious?

Last time I checked this is a FREE FORUM....blowout has no reason to add/modify/create anything just to please a handful of members who cant remember this is a hobby for the majority of the users of this site....I have tested every other major sports card forums and this one is the best!

If you don't want to deal with kids feel free to add it to your signature....something like this will work:

NO KIDS ALLOWED!

Like someone said before...."If it ain't broke don't fix it"....and this site is not broke in anyway!

If you want restrictions and a lot of other #@#@#@#@#@#@#@#@ go to SCF....This place will be fine without you
NFL: Brock Osweiler ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ Green Bay Packers
pico04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #52 (permalink)

I didn't know that a simple suggestion would cause so many people to be so passive aggressive with their opinions. Perhaps it would have been better to recommend Censorship of certain ignorant minors rather than a settings preference.

For those individuals that got so defensive and inflammatory at this suggestion, you have proved the point originally stated. Suggestions aren't ultimatums, they are recommendations to create a more hospitable environment for all to enjoy.
Riversoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riversoule View Post
I didn't know that a simple suggestion would cause so many people to be so passive aggressive with their opinions. Perhaps it would have been better to recommend Censorship of certain ignorant minors rather than a settings preference.

For those individuals that got so defensive and inflammatory at this suggestion, you have proved the point originally stated. Suggestions aren't ultimatums, they are recommendations to create a more hospitable environment for all to enjoy.
I think that we "all" do enjoy this forum...and while you have problems with minors, others do not. To call others ignorant here is hypocritical, no one was rude until your post to me. Your suggestion seemed to have no room for tweaking, and that you were looking for an adult-only forum. As you have seen by the mature discussion that has gone on between minors in this thread including myself, not every kid on this site is a runny-nosed loser with no friends who is out to lowball/scam you!! Give us a chance!!
sportscards1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:33 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:

For the most part the veterans on this board embrace the younger members and even though there has been a few issues the likely hood that you gain any support on this is slim.

I think we have had more problems with adults than with the minors on this forum....I would suggest that you make it clear in your signature or posts that you do not want to deal with minors and maybe that will remedy your issues.

But after taking a second look at your initial post I still cant believe this thread was made....There is nothing ignorant with a minor trying to strike a deal....all you have to do is simply say no and move on....I dont think thats to hard of a thing to do....maybe put up a "Do not disturb with ignorant offers" sign on your avatar....

Either way I hope you enjoy the forum even with the ignorant minors that you speak of....I really do think its The Best Sports Card Forum on The Net
NFL: Brock Osweiler ~ Teddy Bridgewater ~ Green Bay Packers
pico04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:35 AM   #55 (permalink)

You are so off with your commentary. I never thought I was getting scammed, nor was my issue with "all" minors. You continue to allow other people on this post fuel your skepticism. I had and will have an issue with those immature individuals that harassingly send the same junk emails and then continue to respond with Q&A over and over as to why I won't make the lopsided trade. It appears (and yes this is only my perception), that each and every single one of those emails I was referring to, are from young people, not adults or young professionals.

Sportcard1013-
I don't think I ever even had correspondence with you before, so you shouldn't have needed to defend those such individuals that I was referring to before. Once you fall into the category of being a lemming and become perceived as a part of the sheep, then you lose your ability to be a respectable individual with credibility in the eyes of others. The tactics portrayed by certain individuals on this Forum are simply childish and irrelevant.

Now, if my topic for this post was put in any other category other than "SUGGESTIONS", I could total empathize with the criticisms from people. But since it is warranted in this section, the ignorant responses from particular individuals prove my point. Just be sure to distinguish yourself with your own reputation as you build your collection and add value to the hobby.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #56 (permalink)

Pico- I'm not debating your point. It's the constant pressure of multiple emails from certain people when I do say " no thank you" politely. It's not even about it needing to be "adult only". It was about protecting the integrity of the trading process and valuing people's time.
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 AM   #57 (permalink)

I totally get how annoying lowballers can be. What bothered me was the way you talked to Sportcards1013, who is not the kind of member you're reffering to. The lowballers are a problem here, but restricting the younger members will not solve that problem. I am not an "ignorant" person by any means. But when dealing with young people, you should be mindfull. While there are no consequences on an internet forum, talking to someone elses kid in person that way, may land you a foot in your ass.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:54 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Sportcard1013-
I don't think I ever even had correspondence with you before, so you shouldn't have needed to defend those such individuals that I was referring to before.
Quote:
I would really like to see an age restriction on this forum or at least allow adult users to have the setting to block minors/teenagers/adolescence.
Yes, you were referring to him and every other "kid" on this site. He had every right to stand up for himself and I commend him for doing so.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

attention:

this forum already has an age restriction function.

its called the "Ignore" function.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:02 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
attention:

this forum already has an age restriction function.

its called the "Ignore" function.
This doesn't make much sense in this conversation being that the issue is how would one really know who all the kids are on this site? Hell I could be 10 for all ya'll know! Just saying.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #61 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

see? works good.

LOL.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
You are so off with your commentary. I never thought I was getting scammed, nor was my issue with "all" minors. You continue to allow other people on this post fuel your skepticism. I had and will have an issue with those immature individuals that harassingly send the same junk emails and then continue to respond with Q&A over and over as to why I won't make the lopsided trade. It appears (and yes this is only my perception), that each and every single one of those emails I was referring to, are from young people, not adults or young professionals.

Sportcard1013-
I don't think I ever even had correspondence with you before, so you shouldn't have needed to defend those such individuals that I was referring to before. Once you fall into the category of being a lemming and become perceived as a part of the sheep, then you lose your ability to be a respectable individual with credibility in the eyes of others. The tactics portrayed by certain individuals on this Forum are simply childish and irrelevant.

Now, if my topic for this post was put in any other category other than "SUGGESTIONS", I could total empathize with the criticisms from people. But since it is warranted in this section, the ignorant responses from particular individuals prove my point. Just be sure to distinguish yourself with your own reputation as you build your collection and add value to the hobby.
If your not a big enough boy to learn how to block emails from people who are "spamming" you offers, then you need to seriously reconsider the entire premise of your argument. There is nothing worse then someone coming into a forum, declaring they're superiority (either by over self adulation - such as you did letting us know the greatness of the cards you own) (or by making a generalized assumption about a sub group of the forum) )

If you are so upset and so irritated by people on a semi public forum (open to all users who obey the TOS) then you should feel free to take your expensive cards, sell 1 or 2 and go pay for a dedicated server, web designer ect ect, set up your own site and block who you want to block.

Your #@#@#@#@ attitude towards that kid with the Itrader rating is garbage too, but of course you can say what you want to him because it's the internet... it's a nice buffer that keeps you from getting that sick feeling inside when your face to face with someone and you know you just said the wrong thing.
redsoxx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #63 (permalink)

Intuit works well I hear, GL Wallstreet lol!!!
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote