Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Trade Manager

Anyone else in favor of one of these ? There is one on SCFreaks and SCForum , yeah those sites arent as good as this one but they do have a trade manager , anyway to get one of those on this site . It would allow people to be more organized . Its so much easier to know what gbs your in , pending b/s/t deals, etc . Anyone agree or disagree ? Just trying to get peoples thoughts

Last edited by CardCollector; 02-10-2011 at 12:19 PM.
CardCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

No, I vote against it. I hate the Trade Manager system with a passion. Just my two cents...
Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Any reason why ? If you have trade manager you could be so much more organized ? just curious ?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

I don't agree. I am as organized as I need to be.

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Maybe people who "need" a trade manager should look at themselves.

It's a crutch for lazy people
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Im not saying im unorganized , i just think it would help. people forget trades and addresses and stuff like that all the time , maybe it could help? But also if it slows the site down like it did on scfreaks then im against it , just wanted peoples thoughts on it
Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yes
I get misty -eyed juggling 400 PMs instead of 1 viewable and staff viewable transaction page....
For it.
Big turn off on FCB is they have a forum for transactions, and about 2 1/2 of us use it and when I tell people to make a thread....*cricket chirp*
Here,so far, I have had to request a PM size upgrade to handle the number of PMs i have relating to transactions
A manager would be nice
Gibberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

I really don't understand why anyone would be against it. A great tool to track trades, update shipping dates, leave tracking numbers, and have your address listed so you don't have to send a ton of PM's back and forth once you make a deal. It really is the only way this site is outdated as far as trading goes. I mean, if you don't like trade managers, you wouldn't have to use it.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
stumpfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
Yes
I get misty -eyed juggling 400 PMs instead of 1 viewable and staff viewable transaction page....
For it.
Big turn off on FCB is they have a forum for transactions, and about 2 1/2 of us use it and when I tell people to make a thread....*cricket chirp*
Here,so far, I have had to request a PM size upgrade to handle the number of PMs i have relating to transactions
A manager would be nice
I must be missing something-you need a PM size upgrade for the # of PM's regarding transactions, but you only have 3 itrader feedback in 11 months? Many people on the site that are heavy traders/buyers/seller just use a spreadsheet if they can't keep up.

RIP PAPAJIM
keggobelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

I have addys saved in a folder in case I come across something they might want and just hold on to PMs on deals I have going on, once those go through I get rid of them. Works for me at least. Then again, I am a bit OCD and keep a close eye on that stuff

I collect 49ers, SF Giants, Nevada Alumni and Orlando Magic
Newbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post

Are you kidding? It's not a crutch, it's a tool. Don't tell me, you harvest your own wheat, grind it into flower by hand, and bake your own bread? That's like saying only lazy people would just grab a loaf at the store.
Check out my photobucket by clicking on my homepage in the drop down list under my username. Looking for any Twins cards I don't have, and Mickey Mantle refractors that I don't have. I will trade for bait, on occasion. 2011 Topps Chrome auto set completed!!
Old 02-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

This guy is using a forum to buy/sell/trade when he could just motor his butt around and do the same...Damn him and his IntrAweBz crutch ! Motor ? WALK ! !! LAZY ! Stop using that car you tool.... Cell phone ? I jsut use my mind powers to convey messages...wups,busy Signal,think ya back later

need and LIike/Appreciate are not the same
Old 02-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpfreeman View Post
Are you kidding? It's not a crutch, it's a tool. Don't tell me, you harvest your own wheat, grind it into flower by hand, and bake your own bread? That's like saying only lazy people would just grab a loaf at the store.
The cold must be freezing your brain up there in Minnesota.

I PAY for bread. This forum is FREE. I have made well over 100 deals here and have never needed one.

Please use your software skills and make a new website for Blowout for FREE and give them a trade manager option.

People are LAZY. If you can't handle your business without someone else incurring the cost don't trade/sell as much.
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

This forum is payed for by the boxes I, and others like me, buy from Blowout, it's not free. It is a fantastic advertising tool for Blowout and I'm sure it has payed for itself 100 times over. If someone want's a trade manager, it doesn't mean they are lazy. It just means they might want to save some time, and stay a little more organized. And yes, maybe my brain is half frozen, it was -15 this morning and we had to cancel work the last 3 days in a row! Seriously though, I am a stone/brick mason and there is nothing lazy about it. I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world, and defianately not the sharpest tool in the shed, so I would greatly appreciate a trade manager on this site. It would be way more efficient for me. Is a trade manager really a horribly expensive undertaking for a site like this?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sorry did you say something? I can't get past your avatar.
Does he ever say anything? The avatar is nice. Too bad it is overcompensation.

On topic- I do not think the trade manager would be bad. I have not done a ton of deals, but all have been good. I deal with people that I believe I can trust and it has been good so far. I do believe it is a bit of a crutch for those without those skills to tell when it might be a scam or a shady dealer, but maybe that is what we need.

Check me out on Sport Lots.
http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=mkeil250
fungi2510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
Does he ever say anything? The avatar is nice. Too bad it is overcompensation.

On topic- I do not think the trade manager would be bad. I have not done a ton of deals, but all have been good. I deal with people that I believe I can trust and it has been good so far. I do believe it is a bit of a crutch for those without those skills to tell when it might be a scam or a shady dealer, but maybe that is what we need.
I think it is more for a managing aspect and a tool to scale your transactions more effectively than rifling through PMs and guessing. Seems it would be easier to click,see your sales and your trades VS opening a transaction folder,click,read,click,close,click,read,click,close.

Life is about barreling down the tunnel towards oblivion, a trade manager won't make it come any faster,but you will be more informed when it comes !
Old 02-10-2011, 02:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I think it is more for a managing aspect and a tool to scale your transactions more effectively than rifling through PMs and guessing. Seems it would be easier to click,see your sales and your trades VS opening a transaction folder,click,read,click,close,click,read,click,close.

Life is about barreling down the tunnel towards oblivion, a trade manager won't make it come any faster,but you will be more informed when it comes !
My problem with your statement is that if you are really having difficulties with this, you need organizational help. If you cannot keep track of what is going on with your trades, then find something to help you. Looking at it the way you are, I disagree with having a manager as it is just lazy.

Old 02-10-2011, 02:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
My problem with your statement is that if you are really having difficulties with this, you need organizational help. If you cannot keep track of what is going on with your trades, then find something to help you. Looking at it the way you are, I disagree with having a manager as it is just lazy.
No
What you are assuming is that I am having difficulties because I agreed with the idea and stated reasons as to why it would be helpful beyond the initial reason.
I have 4 folders, all are very neat and organized, 22 trades and I can draw upon any one of them.
That being said, having an easier lay out and a VISIBLE layout to staff to review trades in the event of disputes or potential disputes over confusion, is NOT a bad thing.
I also listed other uses but, you know how it is on the web, attention spans are only current with the last post thrown out
Old 02-10-2011, 02:21 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
No
What you are assuming is that I am having difficulties because I agreed with the idea and stated reasons as to why it would be helpful beyond the initial reason.
I have 4 folders, all are very neat and organized, 22 trades and I can draw upon any one of them.
That being said, having an easier lay out and a VISIBLE layout to staff to review trades in the event of disputes or potential disputes over confusion, is NOT a bad thing.
I also listed other uses but, you know how it is on the web, attention spans are only current with the last post thrown out
Maybe you struggle since you have the inability to put a paragraph together? Also, your folders if they are on the computer, are visual, so that is not a valid point. Staff can see your PMs. Again, if there is confusion, you probably chose a bad trading partner, or you just were not organized enough. Maybe you need 5 folders, or even 6.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #20 (permalink)

my 2 cents:

i have done plenty of transaction without incident because i am responsible and also the people i deal with are responsible.

i tried using SCF and i just didn't like the trade manager so i don't use that site anymore. it just complicates something that should be an easy "i agree to this, you agree to this" and the deal is done.

i feel a trade manager will not keep someone from ripping you off if they are going to and if you can't keep track of your own deals and GB's maybe you shouldn't be making so many or be part of so many.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvelasquez21 View Post
my 2 cents:

i have done plenty of transaction without incident because i am responsible and also the people i deal with are responsible.

i tried using SCF and i just didn't like the trade manager so i don't use that site anymore. it just complicates something that should be an easy "i agree to this, you agree to this" and the deal is done.

i feel a trade manager will not keep someone from ripping you off if they are going to and if you can't keep track of your own deals and GB's maybe you shouldn't be making so many or be part of so many.
Add my 2 so now we have 4 cents, nicely said my friend.

collecting Quarterbacks ---> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/maninthemirror/a/quarterbacks
Old 02-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #22 (permalink)

I vote yes...but mainly because I'm used to it

G$4
Cpr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

I see absolutely no logical reason why there shouldn't be one - if people have a problem using it then tell the other trader you don't use it and move on. There is no reason to not have one for those collectors that want to track all their current trades, DC #'s, addresses, shipping dates etc...without having to be in middle school using an excel spreadsheet.

If the tool is available and it saves time, which it does, then why not offer it?
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asujbl View Post
There is no reason to not have one for those collectors that want to track all their current trades, DC #'s, addresses, shipping dates etc...without having to be in middle school using an excel spreadsheet.
I don't have to use excel spreedsheet, never used that program in my life actually.
Quote:
If the tool is available and it saves time, which it does, then why not offer it?
IMO it doesn't save any time it actually uses up more of your time.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManInTheMirror View Post
I don't have to use excel spreedsheet, never used that program in my life actually.

IMO it doesn't save any time it actually uses up more of your time.
I also believe it takes up more time, not save time. Trade managers are a crutch for lazy traders. (And I guess I just stole that line from jlzinck, but it doesn't make it any less true...)