Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Trade/Sale Tracking? Where's it at?

Why isn't there a forum for Trades and Sales on Blowout? Are we supposed to manage them ourselves? Not everyone on he internet is perfect.

I've seen threads were mods have deleted negative iTrader comments, isn't iTrader supposed to let others know if a fellow trader is not on the up and up?

vBulletin has the software to add it to the site, why not implement it?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

i agree, oming from SCF it was pretty different, ive lost track of two trades already and i get stuff in i forget about, would make things easier
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor77 View Post
Why isn't there a forum for Trades and Sales on Blowout? Are we supposed to manage them ourselves? Not everyone on he internet is perfect.
Alot of people like things the way they are, myself included. It's not that hard to keep up with things. Save the PM train concerning a trade until both sides are happy. I used to even have a wordpad document but I don't even do that anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymor77 View Post
I've seen threads were mods have deleted negative iTrader comments, isn't iTrader supposed to let others know if a fellow trader is not on the up and up?
An issue is retaliatory feedback. Mods remove that unwarrented feedback. Also in certain cases the situation will be rectified to where both parties involved are happy and the negative is not needed anymore.
ManInTheMirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I believe that without a system in place to track them, people will forget who gets what and where something came from.

I belong to three separate trading sites, so keeping track of trades/sales can get hectic, especially when 3-5 packages arrive or ship a day. I would like to see something in place here to assist in tracking and posting feedback. I could in a sense leave feedback for EVERY member here and not have done a thing to earn that feedback for them and vice versa. Additional, since there is no tracking of trades/sales anyone could be taken advantage of and be out money or cards or both, because there is no tracking in place.

It's almost happened to me here already.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

If you want tracking, ask for delivery confirmation on your packages - there's your tracking.

As far as keeping track, I have an excel file where I list everything I send out and everything I bring in. All transactions sit in that file until they are finalized and everyone is happy. It's just one file so it's easy to manage, but it helps me keep track of what I need to send and which packages I'm still waiting on. It helps a lot.

In general - I'd say be explicit about your trades, keep all the pm's, and trust the system. I've traded through an offsite blog, which has WAY less safety than this site since there is no rating system there and I don't know many of the people who contact me, yet I've only been ripped off 2 times ever in thousands of transactions.

Terrible stuff can happen, and you need to be cautious especially with big purchases. But for the most part if you're smart and stay relatively on top of your trading/selling/buying, then transactions go well. Especially here on Blowout.
SpastikMooss is offline   Reply With Quote