Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default paypal claim for a requested return - your oppinions?

ok so i sold a spx force shawn kemp auto /100 a month ago,the guy just sends me a message and opened a paypal refund for a return claim against me saying the left corner has damage.Never heard from this guy for a month and just now he wants a refund? wtf??? now my paypal is -$360.81 until this gets sorted out.The card was shipped well with a soft sleeve,hard case,team bag like i ship all of my cards i also never have had this problem as a seller when it comes to the condition of my cards if i had a card in bad shape i would mention it within the listing or just not sell it at all! I also mention in all of my card related auctions due to potential fraud there is NO RETURNS ACCEPTED and mark it on the ebay listing aswell.Talked to paypal tonight and the lady agreed with me.i am about to ecalate this to a claim so my money is unfroze (if i win my case obviously) a side note this users ebay account has a registered AZ address and his paypal has a CA address and a complete different name i also mentioned this to the paypal lady i spoke to she said that is very odd! what do you guys think? will i get my money unlocked and he loses his claim?? i sure as hell hope so!!!

ohh yeah he also purchased a $7 card aswell from me and is wanting a return full refund on that aswell along with shipping costs and never mentioned that card was damaged either? is it just me or are alot of buyers taking advantage or trying to take advantage of the new buyer protection ???

Last edited by penny1fan; 04-26-2011 at 08:12 PM. Reason: error
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
rudyjustinfarrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,872
Default

Unfortunately I think the buyer is still going to win this. This is one of the weak points of Ebay and the power it gives to the Buyer.
__________________
Always willing to talk shop or B/S/T.
rudyjustinfarrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,171
Default

OP did you tell the buyer or paypal to have the buyer send you the card as proof of damage & offer a refund???
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

than why does ebay have a return policy option? the buyer never specifically said he was going to send the cards back ??? and you really think the buyer could actually win this claim even though it has been in his posession for 25 days? why would i be responsable for the card after he has owned it for nearly a month ??? i know paypal makes alot of bad judgement calls in favor of the buyers but this would really set me off!
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
than why does ebay have a return policy option? the buyer never specifically said he was going to send the cards back ??? and you really think the buyer could actually win this claim even though it has been in his posession for 25 days? why would i be responsable for the card after he has owned it for nearly a month ??? i know paypal makes alot of bad judgement calls in favor of the buyers but this would really set me off!
I think a buyer has up to 45 days to file a PP claim but not sure, if you have a delivery confirmation showing date when it was delivered PP can surely look at that & question why it is now the buyer filed the claim & why he/she didn't right after received.
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
bkovach06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 3,467
Default

how many people wait 25 days, hes hard on money, so he bends a corner and wants his money back, complete bs, screw him
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

yeah the buyer has 45 days but theres a fine line when it comes to returns right? its been so long im not sure where my confirmation reciept is... any idea why this guy would have a seperate ebay home address and paypal home address and different first and last names?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
pmannings#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
any idea why this guy would have a seperate ebay home address and paypal home address and different first and last names?
No clue & that should be investigated & a red flag to paypal..
__________________
S.Y.L.B 1%
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkovach06 View Post
how many people wait 25 days, hes hard on money, so he bends a corner and wants his money back, complete bs, screw him
exactly!!! i would normally say he had a replacement card but being that this is a serial numbered auto 36/100 the only thing i can think of he is short on money like you said.I think some people like to buy expensive cards and then recieve them and swap their bad condition cards then the seller is scammed! this has happend to me before but the buyer atleast ripped me off by making his claim within a week so of course he won but i never marked nor mentioned returns not accepted back then..which is why i do so now!
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,447
Default

Buyer has 45 days from the date your delivery confirmation shows it arrived to his address to open a case within eBay & request a refund. The fact that you stated no refunds in your auction doesn't matter to eBay or Paypal. When you list the item it says, "It is okay to not allow refunds, but you must describe your item accurately." Since he is saying it is not as described, that is why it doesn't matter that you specified no returns. The delivery confirmation number stays in the usps.com website for many months.

If he pays his Paypal balance with a credit card he has 180 days (6 months) to open a case within Paypal and request a refund.

There are a lot of people with different Paypal addresses & different eBay addresses. One could be that a Paypal or eBay address is tied to an old address & the Paypal was only updated since that's the address the items go to. Another reason, is perhaps the eBay account is a work address & the home address is a the one registered with Payal or vice versa.

I do agree the guy may be hard up for money & is now requesting a refund. Hopefully the card isn't damaged & you can resell the card. But, 99 times out of 100, eBay will make you refund the item once he returns it to you.

Hope this helps.
__________________
Collect Florida Marlins GU & Autos (Old & Current) - PM Me if you are moving any.

Buying ALL iPhones, iPods, Blackberrys, Androids, ALL Electronics etc. Check my thread.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

wow Rick i hope you are wrong on this one...if this is the case than why arent we all buying stuff to replace our damaged items then send them back the damaged we use to own and upgrade all of our items? to me this is rediculas
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
wow Rick i hope you are wrong on this one...if this is the case than why arent we all buying stuff to replace our damaged items then send them back the damaged we use to own and upgrade all of our items? to me this is rediculas
I'm not wrong my friend, welcome to the new eBay. lol
__________________
Collect Florida Marlins GU & Autos (Old & Current) - PM Me if you are moving any.

Buying ALL iPhones, iPods, Blackberrys, Androids, ALL Electronics etc. Check my thread.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

if i lose this case im all done on ebay this will indeed that there is no seller protection period! can anybody give me an example of seller protection?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
lemur01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Buyer has 45 days from the date your delivery confirmation shows it arrived to his address to open a case within eBay & request a refund. The fact that you stated no refunds in your auction doesn't matter to eBay or Paypal. When you list the item it says, "It is okay to not allow refunds, but you must describe your item accurately." Since he is saying it is not as described, that is why it doesn't matter that you specified no returns. The delivery confirmation number stays in the usps.com website for many months.

If he pays his Paypal balance with a credit card he has 180 days (6 months) to open a case within Paypal and request a refund.

There are a lot of people with different Paypal addresses & different eBay addresses. One could be that a Paypal or eBay address is tied to an old address & the Paypal was only updated since that's the address the items go to. Another reason, is perhaps the eBay account is a work address & the home address is a the one registered with Payal or vice versa.

I do agree the guy may be hard up for money & is now requesting a refund. Hopefully the card isn't damaged & you can resell the card. But, 99 times out of 100, eBay will make you refund the item once he returns it to you.

Hope this helps.
Really? I had no idea that was the case. Wow.
__________________
Pull my Finger Have you been Lemur'd today?

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

no examples of seller protection?
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Really? I had no idea that was the case. Wow.
Unfortunately that is the case. I had a guy in North Carolina say I sent him a defective item 3 months after he got it, filed a credit card charge back, Paypal held the funds & "did everything in their power" to fight the credit card company (American Express) to get my money back.

He supplied a tracking number to Paypal saying he returned the defective item (2 months after he got it), the tracking number was bogus & wasn't traceable on UPS, FedEX, UPS, DHL or any other Paypal recognized shipping.

After I did some research of his name, address, emails, Paypal ID I found he sold the item I sent to him on eBay India - Online Shopping Mall: Free Auctions, Shop/Buy/Sell Mobiles, Cameras, Apparel, Computers, Bollywood Clothes & Indian Products (Indias version of eBay). I even showed Paypal he sold my item.

Two weeks after he filed the Credit Card Charge back he won the case & the money was returned to him even though I showed them he received the item, signed for the item, sold the item on eBay India & the tracking number he provided that he returned it (2 months after he got the item) was a false tracking number, he got over $450 back & a free item. He sold the item to somebody in India for about $700. I never received any package back or anything, my money was removed & refunded back to the scammer.
__________________
Collect Florida Marlins GU & Autos (Old & Current) - PM Me if you are moving any.

Buying ALL iPhones, iPods, Blackberrys, Androids, ALL Electronics etc. Check my thread.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
bdrr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington, DC but Los Angeles at heart.
Posts: 4,659
Default

What there is here is a collective action problem. eBay/PayPal are complicit to large numbers of low-value frauds that individually aren't worth the type of lawsuit required. Eventually somebody will put a class-action together, it will be long, drawn out, and expensive, but it'll get the job done.
__________________
Collecting HoF autographs
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
lemur01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,889
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Unfortunately that is the case. I had a guy in North Carolina say I sent him a defective item 3 months after he got it, filed a credit card charge back, Paypal held the funds & "did everything in their power" to fight the credit card company (American Express) to get my money back.

He supplied a tracking number to Paypal saying he returned the defective item (2 months after he got it), the tracking number was bogus & wasn't traceable on UPS, FedEX, UPS, DHL or any other Paypal recognized shipping.

After I did some research of his name, address, emails, Paypal ID I found he sold the item I sent to him on eBay India - Online Shopping Mall: Free Auctions, Shop/Buy/Sell Mobiles, Cameras, Apparel, Computers, Bollywood Clothes & Indian Products (Indias version of eBay). I even showed Paypal he sold my item.

Two weeks after he filed the Credit Card Charge back he won the case & the money was returned to him even though I showed them he received the item, signed for the item, sold the item on eBay India & the tracking number he provided that he returned it (2 months after he got the item) was a false tracking number, he got over $450 back & a free item. He sold the item to somebody in India for about $700. I never received any package back or anything, my money was removed & refunded back to the scammer.
Wow, just wow!
Let me ask you this. It seems more and more evident that deadbeats are taking advantage of the system, so why do sellers continue to accept paypal as a means to be payed??
__________________
Pull my Finger Have you been Lemur'd today?

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemur01 View Post
Wow, just wow!
Let me ask you this. It seems more and more evident that deadbeats are taking advantage of the system, so why do sellers continue to accept paypal as a means to be payed??
If you do any kind of selling on eBay, Paypal is the only eBay recognized electronic payment system...and we all know why.

There are plenty of other Paypal type options out there, but if you want to sell on eBay, those other options are recognized by eBay as a method of payment.

If you do selling outside of eBay, Google has a version of Paypal that is very good, but if you want to list something on eBay, it's got to be paid via Paypal. No way around it.
__________________
Collect Florida Marlins GU & Autos (Old & Current) - PM Me if you are moving any.

Buying ALL iPhones, iPods, Blackberrys, Androids, ALL Electronics etc. Check my thread.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/99541-buying-all-iphones-blackberrys-androids-psps-etc-etc.html
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

wow this just got even more comical to me the guy sends me this picture and says heres the damage ..


does he not know these spx force cards were all cut differently ?? look at the silver lining that lead up to the die cut the space differential is the exact same so nobody could alter these cards even if it were possible! anybody else with me on the spx force cards being cut differently very few of these were cut the exact length!!! errr
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

also here is my ebay listing link ...my scan provided the exact same thing!?!? go look at the others on ebay like this and pay attention to the lengths of the diecut's there is a few cut nearly the same as this in completed listings

1996-97 SPX FORCE Jordan Hardaway Shawn Kemp AUTO /100 | eBay
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #22 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 16,827
Default

In Ebay and Paypal's eyes you are lower on the scumbag scale than a pedophile because they have more rights than you do.

Buyer will need to retun the card to you and then he will receive his $$ back.

Ebay ONLY cares about fees and nothing else. They should all be sent to jail on RICO charges.

You will lose the $$ and HOPEFULLY get the card back because there are also stories of people sending other things back other than the original item.

You need to post buyers Ebay name so we can all block him
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
no examples of seller protection?
yes, it's called small claims court.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Cheken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 1,857
Default

Scary to hear all these crazy things that could happen as a seller. In contrary though, as a 99% buyer myself, i m still waiting on a few dispute to be resolved as well. I ordered these cards and the tracking information was provided etc but its been over 1 month and i filed a claim. NOthing from the seller and the result from paypal was that a delivery confirmation was provided and that a decision will be granted once the item get delivered. I mean WTF? what happens if it never gets delivered, am i screwed?
__________________
http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h381/ChekenCollection/
Cheken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

his ebay name is lisahorse10 - i even offered to give him money to send it to beckett to get it graded and inspected to prove the card is completely fine! and he says NO! want money back,wtf this proves he is only trying to get his money back because he is in a money jam or found something else he wants to buy..If someone was to start a huge lawsuit against EBAY/Paypal i would so chip in whatever money i could! thats what it's gonna take is a bunch of people to pool their money together and get this taken care of once and for all! sick of this BS im selling in fear and have been for over 3 years!

Last edited by penny1fan; 04-27-2011 at 01:07 PM. Reason: error
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.