Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!
 
otmack2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 6,035
Default

If you guys see something inappropriate you need to report the post. The mods and admins try there best to clean things up as quickly as they can, but sometimes threads and/or posts are missed by them. If you have the time to make a post complaining about another user's post then you have the time to click the report post button to alert the admins/mods about the post.
__________________
AARDVARKS!
otmack2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Semper_PatsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,303
Default

I'm really new around here so I'm not "Emotionally" involved in this forum as some of you. Since I've started my participation I've been pretty happy with the overall dialog and transactions I've had here. I haven't been ripped off yet and I get respectful responses to requests for card info. I also get that I can't establish a reputation until I've done my share of trade/purchases. I agree with Skinsfan in that I just ignore the losers who try to disgrace your site. I read beyond their posts and look for the ones that have validity. Like all on the current thread. I do have maybe one suggestion. Is there a way to Tier the permissions to some rooms/threads? If lets say you have 50 possitive iTrader points then you'll have access to a "Member Advantage" forum. That way it gives new guys who are serious about collecting a goal to reach to ensure access to a mature environment communicate hobby related issues. And it gives Vets a place to discuss stuff without having to deal with new guys who just want to cause trouble. This also would keep this site from ever having to charge money. I know some site charge money to keep their clientele. Just a thought.
__________________
Currently Collecting HOF QB's.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:15 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Zerokruel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
If you guys see something inappropriate you need to report the post. The mods and admins try there best to clean things up as quickly as they can, but sometimes threads and/or posts are missed by them. If you have the time to make a post complaining about another user's post then you have the time to click the report post button to alert the admins/mods about the post.
Thats's my fault for not hitting the report button. What I have an issue with, is someone cleaning up a thread to their spec. I've never been on a forum where someone just comes in and cleans up like that. Most of the time a Mod comes in and deletes the offending comment in the post and puts a warning in the said post.
__________________
Currently looking for the following comic Books:
United Comics: 21,22,23,24,26
Tip Top: 173 & 184
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!
 
otmack2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 6,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Thats's my fault for not hitting the report button. What I have an issue with, is someone cleaning up a thread to their spec. I've never been on a forum where someone just comes in and cleans up like that. Most of the time a Mod comes in and deletes the offending comment in the post and puts a warning in the said post.
Sometimes posts are edited and other times they are deleted. My guess would be that the original post and all posts directed at that post or related to the original offensive post were deleted since they were not related to the thread. It is also safe to assume that contact with the original poster has been attempted even if a warning was not posted in that thread.
__________________
AARDVARKS!
otmack2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
crazybearsfan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,963
Default

hi guys nice deep conversation you got going i see.
__________________
Looking for Chicago Sports, 2008 SPA football

my bucket: photobucket.com/albums/ww33/crazybearsfan22/
crazybearsfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybearsfan22 View Post
hi guys nice deep conversation you got going i see.
And your point is...?
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
crazybearsfan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,963
Default

Well i just wanted you guys to quote me and then say, "see that is what i am talking about! Stupid Noobs getting in other people's business like that!"
But you didn't. Thanks.
Also i think that the MODs should be able to permanently ban people like that Cdog guy because all he brings is negativity.
__________________
Looking for Chicago Sports, 2008 SPA football

my bucket: photobucket.com/albums/ww33/crazybearsfan22/
crazybearsfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NorthEast Kansas
Posts: 12,243
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybearsfan22 View Post
Well i just wanted you guys to quote me and then say, "see that is what i am talking about! Stupid Noobs getting in other people's business like that!"
But you didn't. Thanks.
Also i think that the MODs should be able to permanently ban people like that Cdog guy because all he brings is negativity.
Honestly, I thought you had to mean something like that. I actually typed my post, deleted it, and then thought, "what the heck, I'm asking".

Now back on topic, or ELSE!
__________________
Check out my high-end cards for sale on COMC...username: mwheeler27
mwheeler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:02 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
crazybearsfan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,963
Default

haha now i will let the big boys discuss their important business
__________________
Looking for Chicago Sports, 2008 SPA football

my bucket: photobucket.com/albums/ww33/crazybearsfan22/
crazybearsfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Moderator
 
pskell02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montclair, NJ
Posts: 15,793
Send a message via AIM to pskell02
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Sometimes posts are edited and other times they are deleted. My guess would be that the original post and all posts directed at that post or related to the original offensive post were deleted since they were not related to the thread. It is also safe to assume that contact with the original poster has been attempted even if a warning was not posted in that thread.
While I find myself agreeing with the MODs on most of the moves they make, I have to wonder about that kid yesterday. I see no reason why he should be given any sort of leniency. The kid made a blatant racially motivated remark. All that I saw happen was that the posts I made in response to it getting deleted. I for one, as well as Brad and Zero, would love to know how someone can say what he did and not get banned immediatley?? I didn't report the post, as I probably should have, but the fact that it just got deleted seems a bit agregious to me.
__________________
Looking for - Nick Kingham, Blake Taylor, Gregory Polanco, and Alen Hanson
pskell02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Elm Street
Posts: 1,657
Default

First of all, I have do not belong to any other sites or even visited any other forum or was part of this site when it was first started. So saying that I think we are making too much of all of this "making the board a better place". Outside of charging a membership fee, you will never be able to weedout the pointlessness that goes on sometimes. I enjoy the site and reading the posts, I even enjoy the occasional drama. Nothing is ever perfect and it will never be anything close in the online world. All we can do is ignore ignorance....If you give them the response they want you have only stooped to their level. I believe the moderators do a fine job in moderating....Although, I hate the "what's your favorite song/ movie/ whatever in the hell else posts". I'm not here to make new best friends or find a date, I'm here to share my experiences within the hobby. But I don't even read those posts because it's clear in the title what it's about.

But as long as we are mature adults (at least 95% of the time) we will always be here, the others will just come and go.
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:36 PM   #37 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!
 
otmack2o's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: MI
Posts: 6,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
While I find myself agreeing with the MODs on most of the moves they make, I have to wonder about that kid yesterday. I see no reason why he should be given any sort of leniency. The kid made a blatant racially motivated remark. All that I saw happen was that the posts I made in response to it getting deleted. I for one, as well as Brad and Zero, would love to know how someone can say what he did and not get banned immediatley?? I didn't report the post, as I probably should have, but the fact that it just got deleted seems a bit agregious to me.
I am not sure exactly what took place in that thread, but I will see what I can find out about it.
__________________
AARDVARKS!
otmack2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.