Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   Suggestions Box (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/suggestions-box/)
-   -   Away message (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/suggestions-box/234545-away-message.html)

TheHeel 12-27-2011 02:50 PM

Away message

There are times when someone goes away for a night or there is an emergency leaving PMs unanswered. Is there anyway to have an automated reply message implemented?

SelfDestruct808 12-27-2011 04:32 PM

NO. Just put a message in your signature that you may not be able to answer any PM's right away.

TheHeel 12-27-2011 05:08 PM

Why are your panties in such a bunch? The problem behind placing it in your signature is that there might not be a reason to post or someone may not see it who is trying to communicate.

Pacerjones20 12-27-2011 08:06 PM

[QUOTE=TheHeel;2019091]Why are your panties in such a bunch? The problem behind placing it in your signature is that there might not be a reason to post or someone may not see it who is trying to communicate.[/QUOTE]

He's probably on his period

TheHeel 01-16-2012 10:27 AM

Any momentum on this from my BO peers?

lemur01 01-16-2012 10:50 AM

Wait until the next day to answer the pm?

SpastikMooss 01-16-2012 12:20 PM

I like it. The sig things works too but that would assume that everyone here does their due diligence and reads the sigs lol

TheHeel 01-16-2012 12:31 PM

[QUOTE=lemur01;2101696]Wait until the next day to answer the pm?[/QUOTE]

There are some members here who get their feathers ruffled if a PM goes unanswered for more than 12 hours. I have read, that unfortunately, many BO members have had family illness, deaths, births, other emergencies, etc. that require them to be away from the boards for an extended time period leaving other members in a lurch.

SpastikMooss 01-16-2012 05:07 PM

Exactly. I'm not the kind to flip my lid when I don't get an answer, but people get busy and that leads to unanswered pm's. An away could help us realize that. Even a simple autoreply option like "I will be away til the xth, please understand pm responses will be delayed until then" would be nice.

TheHeel 01-16-2012 06:09 PM

[QUOTE=SpastikMooss;2103537]Exactly. I'm not the kind to flip my lid when I don't get an answer, but people get busy and that leads to unanswered pm's. An away could help us realize that. Even a simple autoreply option like "I will be away til the xth, please understand pm responses will be delayed until then" would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Auto-reply - that's what I was thinking. Away message is probably not the best way of saying it.

cking 01-16-2012 07:08 PM

I think the main thing that people get aggravated about are when people take there money and then dont respond. If you have an Emergency, ok I understand that but give me my money back then. Having an emergency explains why someone is not responding it doe not excuse it. With all the mobile devices in the world today it would take someone literally 15 seconds to send someone a refund. And its always the same people who have these "emergencys" and people see through that. Funny how the people with these "emergencys" are always available to accept payments. Never any emergencys when it comes time to collect payment huh?:rolleyes:

SpastikMooss 01-16-2012 11:46 PM

[QUOTE=cking;2104200]I think the main thing that people get aggravated about are when people take there money and then dont respond. If you have an Emergency, ok I understand that but give me my money back then. Having an emergency explains why someone is not responding it doe not excuse it. With all the mobile devices in the world today it would take someone literally 15 seconds to send someone a refund. And its always the same people who have these "emergencys" and people see through that. Funny how the people with these "emergencys" are always available to accept payments. Never any emergencys when it comes time to collect payment huh?:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Lol...well this tends to be true too. I guess only the honest people would use the auto reply nicely anyways.