Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
but u have ooodles of posts and are trusted. As some would say a "vet" on here.
some wouldn't!!! I'm the troll that doesn't lurk!! lol

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

for those that think mod's do not need to approve "testing the waters threads"...here's something to think about... people who do the group breaks on here are essentially de facto representatives of Blowout Cards..

so if BO wants to allow people who probably shouldn't be hosting group breaks to host.. and not put any type of control on it.. then they do so at their own peril.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

Well I said before that I wanted to do a break but I have never done 1. I put my post in the "test the waters" section last night and got enough people and I was very happy. I really just enjoy opening product (like most people do) I tried something new by discounting the break and it worked. I kept the cost down to where I wont make anything on the break. I hope to do more.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:21 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

if you guys have a problem with my gb please tell me and who ever IS MAKING EDIT UP ABOUT ME OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT PLEASE LET ME SEE IT BECAUSE I AM UNAWARE OF THIS THANKS. Just fyi on those two negs, I was in the hospital with my mom for the week because she has a very serious nerve condition and was sorry i couldnt mail the cards. And when she was out and after i got the two negetaves i refunded there money and shipped out the packages anyway im not out to scam anyone im just looking to have a good time on here like the rest of us.THANKS

Please watch the language - MoD
dashouls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashouls View Post
if you guys have a problem with my gb please tell me and who ever IS MAKING EDIT UP ABOUT ME OPENING A NEW ACCOUNT PLEASE LET ME SEE IT BECAUSE I AM UNAWARE OF THIS THANKS. Just fyi on those two negs, I was in the hospital with my mom for the week because she has a very serious nerve condition and was sorry i couldnt mail the cards. And when she was out and after i got the two negetaves i refunded there money and shipped out the packages anyway im not out to scam anyone im just looking to have a good time on here like the rest of us.THANKS

Please watch the language - MoD
I hear that "hospital" reason alot!!!.....Usually from the buyer though after not recieving payment!

Old 03-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
I hear that "hospital" reason alot!!!.....Usually from the buyer though after not recieving payment!
Like you would know my life.... Would you like to talk to my mother and ask her this I think i would know whats up with her and not you so once again DONT MAKE THINGS UP THAT ARENT TRUE.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

whoahoahoahoahoa.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu2007 View Post
Well I said before that I wanted to do a break but I have never done 1. I put my post in the "test the waters" section last night and got enough people and I was very happy. I really just enjoy opening product (like most people do) I tried something new by discounting the break and it worked. I kept the cost down to where I wont make anything on the break. I hope to do more.
Thats admirable of you to do it this way but I don't think people would or should have issue with a host making a few dollars (within reason) for their time and effort. Group breaks are fun but they do take time for the host so making $20. or $25. for your time shouldn't be a big problem spread out over the cost of a break.

........................................................................................................

DISCLAIMER -Just my .02 people. I have never hosted a break and don't plan on hosting a break so I'm not setting anyone up for me to spring my group break thread on next week looking to make a big $25.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #34 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Like you would know my life.... Would you like to talk to my mother and ask her this I think i would know whats up with her and not you so once again DONT MAKE THINGS UP THAT ARENT TRUE.
Just so we are clear, are you over 18 years old?
Old 03-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
First of all, if you read what I wrote you shouldn't have taken offense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Just so we are clear, are you over 18 years old?
Second of all.........I might be your daddy!!(Not yours Tony)......

Old 03-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

First of all, if you read what I wrote you shouldn't have taken offense. well i did cause she was in critical condition my age is something that will not be shared thanks
Old 03-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
First of all, if you read what I wrote you shouldn't have taken offense. well i did cause she was in critical condition my age is something that will not be shared thanks
no group breaks for you!
Old 03-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

see what i care no gb's for me and who ever said i made a new ebay account with 0 feedback i cant wait to see it please post it for everyone to see
Old 03-25-2009, 08:05 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I honestly don't see where this can go ? Group breaks still need approval to begin with so why excactly would any of this other stuff be necessary ? Many of the noobs who think they can just host a break out the gate don't read rules, topic area headers etc. so do you think they'll stop to read the criteria thread before posting a group break ? Thats right..NO.

People who are contemplating buying into a group break shouldn't need anything other then some common sense as to wether the host is worthy of their trust. If you're dumb enough to send some guy who signed on 3 months ago with no trader rating, no fleabay id under his avatar and zero board cred then shame on you. I mean come on already, BO can't baby sit people who are 3 cents short of a nickle.
Bingo! I think this pretty much sums it up. The breakers are definatley to blame for some of the shady breaks that go on here or youtube or whatever but group break participants who choose to join in shady breaks(High end team breaks w/ not enough cards to cover all teams) or other types of unfair breaks kind of deserve what they get. Which is sometimes NOTHING! Here is my criteria.
1. Reputable Host or member
2. Content and type of break

Pretty simple!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:20 PM   #40 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I have been on the boards for some time. I just did my first break last night. I believe there is a lot more to doing a break than people realize. It's not just ripping a case of wax and having a blast. There is a lot of tedious work that goes into it, more than I realized . Patrick,Deboe and others make it look easy because they have done a ton of breaks. Don't get me wrong, I fully enjoyed it and hope to do more.

As far as the finacials, I absolutely agree there. I actually shorted myself a couple of bucks because I didn't factor full Paypal fees, but that's cool I can handle it. What if someone else can't? Or I have seen some break thoughts with prices listed for slots that were at least $4-$5 a slot higher than they should be, and that was without a discount from blowout.

Minimum 6 months on the board, and like others have said quantity of posts don't really matter, the quality should. Someone who has good information to offer or box and case breaks posted etc...
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #41 (permalink)
ND3

Matt, I believe the testing the waters was partially intended to float ideas of possible group breaks not for hey I am new and want to do this. I personally thought we would see more threads like "Hey product x is on sale this weekend and a good price point for a break. Anyone want to host this? Or I can front the money if I get enough people posting IOIs"

Of course noobs feel it is there chance to see how many bites they could get and then have it moved to the approved thread.

I was hanging around here for quite a while before I even considered hosting a break. On top of the fact that I don't think most noobs realize the amount of work that goes into pulling off a successful one.

Again Bam is right use common sense if you don't trust the breaker don't join his/her break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
It's necessary because people that have no business doing group breaks at the time are still trying to do them, and for some reason, they're able to "test the waters". That's what I don't understand. Why even allow them to test the waters? It looks to me like, "approval to BEGIN with", is a misnomer.

There are enough people on here that read almost everything. If any of them/us see something wrong, like dashouls trying to do a group break "at this time", they should point out why they think it's wrong. No harm, no foul. However, turning the other cheek and simply looking away is asking for trouble in my opinion. That's where I see this going and why I'm trying to slow it down as much as possible if I can't stop it all together.

Last edited by ND3; 03-25-2009 at 10:40 PM.
ND3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:37 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
My fault...I may have typed in user id incorrectly.

whoaaa...take it easy there slugger. Did you continue to read the next post, that I mistakingly typed in your username incorrectly. Settle down pal. No need to get your panties all tied up.
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #43 (permalink)

Guess I would need to start posting more, If I ever want to do a break I feel like when I'm reading a thread most of the time. If how I feel has already been said I don't have to post that, I agree post.

Not that I want to host a GB anytime soon. I can just see it now, opening packs and my kids running in putting their face in the camera and bugging me to open cards, or who knows what. On the other hand it could be very entertaining.

Last edited by Poonchka; 03-25-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Poonchka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I honestly don't see where this can go ? Group breaks still need approval to begin with so why excactly would any of this other stuff be necessary ? Many of the noobs who think they can just host a break out the gate don't read rules, topic area headers etc. so do you think they'll stop to read the criteria thread before posting a group break ? Thats right..NO.

People who are contemplating buying into a group break shouldn't need anything other then some common sense as to wether the host is worthy of their trust. If you're dumb enough to send some guy who signed on 3 months ago with no trader rating, no fleabay id under his avatar and zero board cred then shame on you. I mean come on already, BO can't baby sit people who are 3 cents short of a nickle.
I agree. I remember when i first got onto the forum all the veterans helped me out with all kinds of help that ranged from products, to what to be cautious of. I think every iffy GB has had some veterans posting concerns to warn others. If the new people still want to join then that's on them. Seems like lately we're asking the BO staff and MODs to regulate too many things.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:35 AM   #45 (permalink)

Been off line all day, and catching up on 8 pages of threads.... but this is the most interesting one....

As said in an earlier post, alot of folks do not understand the amount of work that goes into breaks. I dont do breaks to make any money, but I do them to save money....

As many on here, I have the addiction of breaking wax.... I do this in group breaks, and even if it costs me a few bucks, its better than me putting 2k on a credit card, and having the cards sit on my desk for 3 months as I slowl list them, aroud the work and familys schedule.

I have no problem posting or disclosing the break down of pricing on my breaks.... I have never had an underlying reason for breaking on here. My second break, I made $80 on, because I did not discount the additional slots.... So I learned for the next time. Then theres times like SPA where I lost close to, if not more than that.... Not figuring in the base cards in shipping....

Good rule of thumb I use, is straight cost divided by slots for base price.... then add $2 per slot(shipping 1.36-1.54, .20 toploader, .15 mailer). I then discount additinal slots to $1 to factor out the few slots that weigh over the standard 2-3 oz packages. The more slots per break the cheaper shipping you can add because you have more slots to spread it out over.....

I dont think that itrader, or posts should factor in to much onto the breaks though. I have a lot of itrader, from many group breaks both hosting and being in. Only 15-20 are actual 1 on 1 transactions......I think the main factor should be the time on boards, and contribution to them... Little comments of "sick pull" and "see my buckett" are remembered

(On a side note, I am not the best speller as is, and factoring in I am dead tired, I ask forgiveness from the grammer police)

Last edited by Texansfan; 03-26-2009 at 02:50 AM.
Texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:14 AM   #46 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

I am in the same boat as Texansfan, I love opening product and doing breaks actually saves me money. I have spent quite a bit of money on wax and a ton of it just sits in boxes waiting to be put on ebay (about 2500 jersey and auto cards have been sitting here for over a year).
Old 03-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #47 (permalink)

Can't something like the iTrader be implemented, expect for group breaks instead. If someone has a break and the people who participated in it were satisfied they can leave feedback.
jdb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:52 AM   #48 (permalink)

I dont' think there needs to be a seperate iTrader section, people just need to put EFFORT into the iTrader feedback system. FEEDBACK does not need to read like a book but it should be short and informative wether it's positive or negative. A little EFFORT goes a long ways.
rudyjustinfarrell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #49 (permalink)
Tim

1.) It is not BO's responsibility to police GB's. Buyer beware. In this case, the boards should police themselves. Look how this clown dashouls has been exposed by board members -- that is how it should be done. I have no sympathy for someone who gets scammed from participating in a group break run by some doofus who just joined, has no history here, has poor or invisible feedback on ebay, writes like a child, etc.
2.) The breaker should not be made to feel guilty over profiting some. $100 to me is reasonable -- there is a LOT of time and effort required to do one of these.
3.) The breaker should not participate in his own break -- I don't care how trustworthy you are, it's a conflict of interest, plain and simple. The profit made on the group break should be your incentive.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #50 (permalink)

[quote=Nodie27;196358]I agree. I remember when i first got onto the forum all the veterans helped me out with all kinds of help that ranged from products, to what to be cautious of. I think every iffy GB has had some veterans posting concerns to warn others. If the new people still want to join then that's on them. Seems like lately we're asking the BO staff and MODs to regulate too many things.[/quote]

Agree. I've never participated in a Group Break...Yet. But I believe that it's on the individual to use caution when entering these online transactions. Why can I hold Blowout or these Blowout Police "MODS" responsible for me signing up for something that I didn't do enough research on anyway? I think if you are smart/cautious you will do some homework before entering a Group Break. If you want to get scammed then join a Group Break of some guy or gal that has no Rep.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote