Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 09:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Minimum Criteria Suggestions for Group Breakers...

I posted this in the "group breaks location", but it had to be approved first. If that one gets approved, can the MODS delete one or the other?

Why not have some minimum requirements that have to be met before someone can attempt to do a group break over here? Can anyone tell me why this would be a bad idea? It won't cost BOC any money as there are ample people over here that want to do group breaks. I think having minimum requirements will help prevent future problems and help keep people from signing up over here just to scam people.

Here are my suggestions:

I think people should be a member over here for at least 6 months and garner at least 500 posts. I know posts don't matter a whole lot, but with 500 to read, at least then we will have a "feel" for what type of person they are. Also by making them be a member for at least 6 months, it's less likely the members here are going to get burned by a fly-by-night scam artist.

This won't solve all the problems, but I bet it solves most of them regarding noobs doing group breaks that have no business doing them.

Anyone disagree or have other suggestions? If you disagree, please tell us why.

Thanks!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Boo

I agree with most of what you said except the 500 posts. I only have 500 posts and I've been here since two old boards ago. Just because I don't post..."nice cards"..."great hit" all the time doesn't mean anything. Post count is meaningless if you ask me.

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t403/klay22/
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fsu2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
I agree with most of what you said except the 500 posts. I only have 500 posts and I've been here since two old boards ago. Just because I don't post..."nice cards"..."great hit" all the time doesn't mean anything. Post count is meaningless if you ask me.
I agree as well with the post count. I just hit 500 my self and I have been here since the old board. I think the itrader should have something to do with it as well. I have not hosted a break yet but have 1 up now and it is almost full so I appreciate the support I have gotten.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

We discussed possible group break requirements, but ultimately came up with the idea that was implemented recently. Pat added the group break area Testing Waters in order to give a potential break a chance to be "felt out" before anyone is committing to it. I think that it will go a long way to weed out the potentially bad breaks.
Ultimately it is up to the participants of the break as to whether or not a break will be accepted.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #5 (permalink)

Maybe 500 posts are a bit much. Perhaps 300?

The point being, if you only have a small amount of posts, it's hard to tell if a person has good intentions or not.

If someone has 500 posts that say, nice hit, sick card, MAJOR MOJO, etc., then they might not be allowed to do a group break until that have more than 500/300 posts.

Bottom line, I thought "contributing members" were the ones that were allowed to host group breaks. Small post counts would mean you don't contribute much over here. AGAIN, I don't know what the number should be, but 300-500 sounds about right, and no offense, I still like the 500 post minimum.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
We discussed possible group break requirements, but ultimately came up with the idea that was implemented recently. Pat added the group break area Testing Waters in order to give a potential break a chance to be "felt out" before anyone is committing to it. I think that it will go a long way to weed out the potentially bad breaks.
Ultimately it is up to the participants of the break as to whether or not a break will be accepted.
Apparently this system isn't working if "dashouls" is allowed to do a group break. However, what I'm suggesting would have further "weeded out" someone like this.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but if you only had his Ebay feedback to go on, he should definitely NOT be allowed to do group breaks over here for a while. He even asked people to check his feedback. This either shows ignorance or an "I don't care attitude" because we all know his feedback is far less than stellar.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Apparently this system isn't working if "dashouls" is allowed to do a group break. However, what I'm suggesting would have further "weeded out" someone like this.

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but if you only had his Ebay feedback to go on, he should definitely NOT be allowed to do group breaks over here for a while. He even asked people to check his feedback. This either shows ignorance or an "I don't care attitude" because we all know his feedback is far less than stellar.
Please post a link to dashouls active break.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:36 AM   #8 (permalink)

I started a thread a few months back about what type of members should be doing group breaks. The iTrader doesn't really tell much. I've hosted plenty of group breaks after the "iTrader" was introduced and my iTrader should be in the few hundreds but not everyone uses the iTrader. Not for group breaks, trades or sales. I think there should be a "select"(i use this word losely) that should be hosting group breaks.

checkoutmycards.com/Users/hockeyjunkie99
hockeyjunkie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu2007 View Post
I think the itrader should have something to do with it as well.
I don't agree with this as there are a lot of quality members (myself included) on here not interested in "checking buckets" and trading for 99 cent cards which would lead to a high iTrader score.

I definitely think a 6 month time period is good. As for posts, 100-200 would seem sufficient, and if those 100 posts are worthless, then that person would have trouble filling a break.

I'd also be in favor of a little more transparency in the finances of GBs to make sure people aren't doing it just to make a couple hundred bucks pure profit.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #10 (permalink)

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/t...x-case-gb.html

Old 03-25-2009, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe 500 posts are a bit much. Perhaps 300?

The point being, if you only have a small amount of posts, it's hard to tell if a person has good intentions or not.

If someone has 500 posts that say, nice hit, sick card, MAJOR MOJO, etc., then they might not be allowed to do a group break until that have more than 500/300 posts.

Bottom line, I thought "contributing members" were the ones that were allowed to host group breaks. Small post counts would mean you don't contribute much over here. AGAIN, I don't know what the number should be, but 300-500 sounds about right, and no offense, I still like the 500 post minimum.
Matt I agree with the 300 post count BUT why not add also the requirement of iTrader Rating of 15 or above with 100% ??
Trust is a big issue to me.
Peter
Old 03-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
Matt I agree with the 300 post count BUT why not add also the requirement of iTrader Rating of 15 or above with 100% ??
Trust is a big issue to me.
Peter
Would you trust me?

Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjunkie99 View Post
Would you trust me?
Yes after you get a post count of 10,000 that should not take long becasue you live here
Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newengland4me View Post
Yes after you get a post count of 10,000 that should not take long becasue you live here
I run security around here. "IF" I reach my 10,000th post will we hold a celebration??

Old 03-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hail to the Victors!

Quote:
Looks like it is in the "Testing Waters for Group Case Breaks" area for group breaks.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradolson View Post

I'd also be in favor of a little more transparency in the finances of GBs to make sure people aren't doing it just to make a couple hundred bucks pure profit.
winna winna chicken dinna!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by otmack2o View Post
Looks like it is in the "Testing Waters for Group Case Breaks" area for group breaks.
I don't think he should even be allow to post in the "testing waters for group case breaks" section. If unsuspecting people signed up for a break by someone like this, (not saying he'd do it, but it looks very questionable at best), I'm assuming it would be moved to the actual group case break section and be allowed to take place. Is that right? This should not be allowed to even start down that path in my opinion. Especially after what has been happening lately.

I honestly can see scammers heading here as some sort of safe haven from Youtube. I'm just trying to help solve a problem before it becomes a reality over here. There's no question we're headed for trouble since dashouls post was allowed to be started.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #18 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

I have to agree with you on all counts. Post count doesn't reflect on the person but it does give you a feel for how the person seems to conduct themself. itrader is tough because not all people use it or even trade or sell on the board.

I also think that if you want to host a break you should have participated in a break as well. I tried the testing the waters on a break and just thought that it was not fair for me to try to host a break without ever participating in one. I don't really like a lot of the new products but I bought into the 07 Performance FB break.

I quoted your post because my break I was trying was for 08 Heroes as well. I don't know the guy at all either but I felt he was stepping on my toes.

If anyone reads this and wants a cheap break for 08 Heroes check my thread out. I am only giving it another day or two. There are somewhere around 6 people who expressed interest which I do not feel is enough to get it off the ground.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I just checked out his ebay feedback and he just last month opened up a new account with (0) feedback
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:11 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller45452003 View Post
I just checked out his ebay feedback and he just last month opened up a new account with (0) feedback
My fault...I may have typed in user id incorrectly.
miller45452003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 PM   #21 (permalink)

I honestly don't see where this can go ? Group breaks still need approval to begin with so why excactly would any of this other stuff be necessary ? Many of the noobs who think they can just host a break out the gate don't read rules, topic area headers etc. so do you think they'll stop to read the criteria thread before posting a group break ? Thats right..NO.

People who are contemplating buying into a group break shouldn't need anything other then some common sense as to wether the host is worthy of their trust. If you're dumb enough to send some guy who signed on 3 months ago with no trader rating, no fleabay id under his avatar and zero board cred then shame on you. I mean come on already, BO can't baby sit people who are 3 cents short of a nickle.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I honestly don't see where this can go ? Group breaks still need approval to begin with so why excactly would any of this other stuff be necessary ?
It's necessary because people that have no business doing group breaks at the time are still trying to do them, and for some reason, they're able to "test the waters". That's what I don't understand. Why even allow them to test the waters? It looks to me like, "approval to BEGIN with", is a misnomer.

There are enough people on here that read almost everything. If any of them/us see something wrong, like dashouls trying to do a group break "at this time", they should point out why they think it's wrong. No harm, no foul. However, turning the other cheek and simply looking away is asking for trouble in my opinion. That's where I see this going and why I'm trying to slow it down as much as possible if I can't stop it all together.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:15 PM   #23 (permalink)

I do agree with the 300-500 post that are "legit," if there is a way to find out. I do NOT plan on hosting one but, will probably join a few here and there. I just want whoever is hosting it to be trustworthy and not a scammer. I mean i have less than 300 posts, 8 good feedback on here and 47/47 on ebay and I still couldn't get people in one if I tried. I just let the experienced ones do it and that is that.
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
I do agree with the 300-500 post that are "legit," if there is a way to find out. I do NOT plan on hosting one but, will probably join a few here and there. I just want whoever is hosting it to be trustworthy and not a scammer. I mean i have less than 300 posts, 8 good feedback on here and 47/47 on ebay and I still couldn't get people in one if I tried. I just let the experienced ones do it and that is that.
I don't think anyone here on this board thinks I have 300-500 "legit" posts.....lol

Old 03-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #25 (permalink)

but u have ooodles of posts and are trusted. As some would say a "vet" on here.
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote