Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Minimum Criteria to sell

I got this froma car forum I use to visit frequently. I believe they are one of the biggest forums out there. I like this idea and think it would be great to impliment. It helps limit the fly bye posters who just list stuff for sale and never come back. Also, it helps people build a report on the site. Just a sugggestion.

Every registered user on Blowout Cards is now required to have a minimum of 50 posts, or a minimum of 6 months membership duration before they can gain the privilege of posting a NEW THREAD the Classifieds section, or post a FOR SALE ad in any section of the site.

Unfortunately, we've had to put this restriction on our site due to so many lurking scammers popping up and taking honest money. This restriction has helped to ring out a lot of the scammers looking to make a quick buck on our site. Posting for sale items in other forums to circumvent this rule is prohibited and the posts will be deleted.

After your 50th post, it takes a period of 24 hours to update your access to the classifieds forums. DO NOT make a post requesting instant access upon making your 50th post, the system is automated. The database updates certain records on a daily basis, it is not instantaneous. Any threads regarding this will be locked/ignored.

Please do not contact us asking to circumvent this 50 post rule. The system is automated and we do not make exceptions. We feel that the classifieds forums here are a privilege to contributing members, not a free service for new members.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Great idea.

If I had to pick a number of posts though, I'll go with 100.

Low-End Kobe and Kevin Durant autos.
Topps Signature Autographs that I don't have (CP3, Dennis Rodman, Ray Allen, Eric Gordon, Russel Westbrook)
deuxmachinax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think the post count is crazy as anyone w/ half a brain can work their way around 50 quality/insightful/knowledgeable/topic contributing posts. I do like the being a member for X amount of time though. If someone waits their X amount of time and gets "CLASSIFIED"-type privilages and everyone sees that they have no posts? They are going to get shot down QUICK>>> Not a bad discussion though.
rudyjustinfarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

I belong to a photography forum called Nikonians and to post or respond to a classified add, you have to be a silver member, at a cost of $25 per year. Add to that an amount of time as a member and maybe there will be less problems.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Excellent Idea!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to ChicagoCubsWS

I like both. I dont like the money group idea though.

I think it is great that we would have a system to stop scammers on the forums, its been picking up a bit.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

I still think this should be open to everyone. A dishonest person will slide through the cracks no matter what post counts or other "criteria" is put into place. Do you think that there are no crooked people on here currently with high post counts? I can name 5 or 6 people that have over 1,000 posts that have performed "shady" transactions on this board. If you don't trust someone, don't buy or trade with them. Most of us are adults on here and can make educated decisions on who to deal with or not and I would hate to miss out on a new trade "buddy" and have them go to another board because we set up "criteria" to trade on here that excludes them.

Just my .02
Magicman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
ND3

Zero while not a bad idea but I agree with RJF that it would be real easy to have 50 posts of 'great pull' or 'nice card'. Pay membership will not work as Chris/Pat use this site as a way to drive business. When setting up a deal on here with someone new it is not a bad a idea to ask for references (ebay, other sites, or fellow members) and check iTrader feeback if the person has any.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Zero while not a bad idea but I agree with RJF that it would be real easy to have 50 posts of 'great pull' or 'nice card'. Pay membership will not work as Chris/Pat use this site as a way to drive business. When setting up a deal on here with someone new it is not a bad a idea to ask for references (ebay, other sites, or fellow members) and check iTrader feeback if the person has any.
And always remember, never deal with Nick!!

Just kidding Nick...still waiting for my McNabb!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
ND3

Yeah yeah yeah. Waiting for a few more pieces to come this week that may tickle your fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicman32 View Post
And always remember, never deal with Nick!!

Just kidding Nick...still waiting for my McNabb!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

posting to see post count

*edit*

I've only got 65 in a year and a half, lol.

And the majority of my transactions were probably before I hit 50. So, 50 is probably good. Either way, I like that we need prerequisites to sell.
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND3 View Post
Yeah yeah yeah. Waiting for a few more pieces to come this week that may tickle your fancy.
Just giving you a hard time...got some coin burning a hole in my pocket and I don't buy Baseball so I am going crazy with no good Basketball or Football coming out.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

I like the discussion everyone. What I had seen in the past, is people posting something for sell on several boards and never coming back or selling that item on several boards.

A dishonest person will always slip through the cracks. However, this is only to help limit those transactions and keep things less cluttered.
I can tell you from experience that it works. People get involved in the site and treat it less like Craigslist.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I like the discussion everyone. What I had seen in the past, is people posting something for sell on several boards and never coming back or selling that item on several boards.

A dishonest person will always slip through the cracks. However, this is only to help limit those transactions and keep things less cluttered.
I can tell you from experience that it works. People get involved in the site and treat it less like Craigslist.
I am all for time requirements, unfortunately it is not going to happen. We had this discussion a few months back and it got no where. The fact is any restrictions will place an additional burden on the Mods or Pat.

Buying Brandon Hughes (OSU/Chargers) Auto's and low numbered cards.
cardsrus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsrus1 View Post
The fact is any restrictions will place an additional burden on the Mods or Pat.
solution to easing the burden: get more mods.

like everyone said before.. unfortunately its too easy to get away with post counts as criteria.

like right now. there is a 10 character minimum to "prevent" against posts like

"sick pull"
"mojo"
"nice pull" etc

but you can easily get around that with a few more exclamation points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

should just let theboard get back to policing itself.

the board was just fine when members had the freedom to call out the bullsh*tters and scammers and run them off to another board.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
ND3

You had to do it didn't ya.....I made it a point not to list those catch phrases i my post...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
solution to easing the burden: get more mods.

like everyone said before.. unfortunately its too easy to get away with post counts as criteria.

like right now. there is a 10 character minimum to "prevent" against posts like

"sick pull"
"mojo"
"nice pull" etc

but you can easily get around that with a few more exclamation points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

should just let theboard get back to policing itself.

the board was just fine when members had the freedom to call out the bullsh*tters and scammers and run them off to another board.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:35 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Mooooooooooooooooooooooojjjjjjjjjjjjjjooooooooooo!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

I like my idea of establishing a "Tiered" site. Once you reach a specific amount of Posts, Join Time, iTrader Points ect...You will then have access to another layer of permissions that will allow you to gain access to different threads.

Bucket: http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss196/Semper_Patsfan/
Semper_PatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 06:19 AM   #19 (permalink)

Smile

I think the self policing is the best policy, and just taking a minute to check refrences can go a long way. I know I would be hurting if it was tierd, I had great ratings on trader retreat, never had a problem on beckett and have 100% ebay feedback, and this is since 2002. But becasue of deployments ect, I lost my original TR account, can't even figure out how to use Beckett Beta and have a hug gap in selling years on ebay. I wouldn't want to basically re-set my self and wait to get cards moving back and forth becasue I'm not level X.
redsoxx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:05 AM   #20 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxx11 View Post
I think the self policing is the best policy, and just taking a minute to check refrences can go a long way. I know I would be hurting if it was tierd, I had great ratings on trader retreat, never had a problem on beckett and have 100% ebay feedback, and this is since 2002. But becasue of deployments ect, I lost my original TR account, can't even figure out how to use Beckett Beta and have a hug gap in selling years on ebay. I wouldn't want to basically re-set my self and wait to get cards moving back and forth becasue I'm not level X.
Redsox what is said it pretty much what I do. I highly encourage guys to add their ebay username to their profile. If you list stuff on ebay, it only helps you there. Even it you just buy, its an easy for guys to check and see that. Buying I have no issues with anyone on here as I use paypal for mulitple reasons (protecting myself is one, ease of use, timlyness, and making sure the seller gets all of my info correctly being 3 others). Now if its a trade, I will dig for references for at least the first transaction if we're over my predefined limit.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:07 PM   #21 (permalink)

As a new member, I can see why this rule is in effect, and I like it.

Here is a question: If I post a break and someone offers to buy from me, and I do nothing to instigate that offer, am I permitted to sell to them?

Thanks.

Oh yeah;

MOJO!

Man I feel so dirty...
ghost is offline   Reply With Quote