Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default I am New here but think a Trade Manager is a great idea

to keep track , make feedback avaibable via trades completions , provide needed info on said trades and mailing info ,
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not at all necessary, much better when people are responsible enough to be exchanging information and giving feedback separately.
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

Pencil and paper.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

yes I realise these options as well and agree the responsibilty individually is a good thing all around , guess I am just used to another format lol , trust is a fine thing to have established but having a physical record/processing isnt so bad either ,
Old 05-25-2012, 12:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

I was just about to suggest this myself. Having a trade manager would cut down on possible retaliation feedback by tying it to one trade. Also would be nice to not allow a negative for buyers that pay only.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:07 AM   #6 (permalink)

yup i agree , works wonders on another site and has no backlash like these guys thinking being responsible for yourself works lol , yeah like I can trust everyone ,
no need to with a trade manager , keeps track ,has to be addressed cant be ignored , is permanant record , and has more protection than any members word on here lol
oh there is also a escrow service thats also free for highend deals , not one person gets ripped off on there lol but here , seems someone here is everyday

ya think that tells ya something lol

so keep your pencil and paper ben franklin and come into 20th century lol
Old 05-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Agreed +1 Please
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Brandon Marshall
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #8 (permalink)

oh also wanted to point out , a trade manager eliminates the trading cards that are not in hand yet , it is a site rule and no no , also no need to search pms for paypal info , aggreements made , etc etc , all in the trade manager lol ,
and has direct dispute link in trade manager that goes to a specifc team of dispute managers that follow the rules to the letter

so I have over 430 completed trades with 100% feedback in 5 years I have been there and not one issue or major problem unlike what I have seen here int he short time of being here I have seen many rip offs and scams take place , most are very rude ,and thats another thing thats not tolerated on the other site
so overall my assestment is this place has allot more growning to do and needs to fix a few things ,

and I am not liking it very much lol , btu i do like buying boxes from blowout , so hopefully one day the forums will be a better place for card hobbiest
Old 05-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

What website is this? Sounds like a good place to trade.
Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 AM   #10 (permalink)

it is Jay , here is good also just have to know who is good to deal with lol ,

I have over 430 feedbacks there 100% postive , never a negative

sportscardforum SCF <, feedback from blowout I believe is transferable ,so you dont have to start off with no references

oh jay for you if interested lol

#D to 500

Old 05-25-2012, 02:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

Yep, that is a very nice card! PM me and we can talk about it!
Old 05-25-2012, 02:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

refreshing this thread has got me thinking more about this very suggestion

it would totaly eliminate the scams, robberies , thefts , etc , and will have no liability to the blowout or the site ,
simply a coded program that will loop all the info ,
saves time, effort , loss of info , has all traders information so no chance for fraudlent address or hotel deliveries lol
if your info doesnt match your paypal ,your home address, credit card or bank list home address ,and drivers license then it isnt you ,lol
really is a collaboration of everything useful and good and eliminates all thats un organised and bad like theft
if someone writes info down on paper , whos to say what they wrote is the actual truth ,right? trade manager cant lie
also it holds each trader to the responsiblitity of doing the right thing , if not your banned from the site forever , not for a week ,or day , forever !!!!
no comming back as another account name either lol , try changing all that and ebay id ,
has all postives going for it
relying on someone on a computer ,in some god knows place , is well stupid lol
having a physical record on site that cant be changed once done is flawless
Old 05-25-2012, 06:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Boo to trade managers. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Being a smart trader and following very simple rules, while being smart eliminate the need for it.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/m...ff-people.html

Tips & Ideas on how to handle high dollar transactions (TRADES) & not get ripped off!
mmbtvs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

Its also adds an easier way to do feedback as well. Once you complete the trade it reminds you and takes you to a link to do the feedback. Its easier to keep track of trades and easier than searching for pms.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Brandon Marshall
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerscards View Post
refreshing this thread has got me thinking more about this very suggestion

it would totaly eliminate the scams, robberies , thefts , etc , and will have no liability to the blowout or the site ,
simply a coded program that will loop all the info ,
saves time, effort , loss of info , has all traders information so no chance for fraudlent address or hotel deliveries lol
if your info doesnt match your paypal ,your home address, credit card or bank list home address ,and drivers license then it isnt you ,lol
really is a collaboration of everything useful and good and eliminates all thats un organised and bad like theft
if someone writes info down on paper , whos to say what they wrote is the actual truth ,right? trade manager cant lie
also it holds each trader to the responsiblitity of doing the right thing , if not your banned from the site forever , not for a week ,or day , forever !!!!
no comming back as another account name either lol , try changing all that and ebay id ,
has all postives going for it
relying on someone on a computer ,in some god knows place , is well stupid lol
having a physical record on site that cant be changed once done is flawless
it's really not a good idea , lol
not sure why it's only new members asking it , lol
if you want it, go back to SCF , lol
Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
it's really not a good idea , lol
not sure why it's only new members asking it , lol
if you want it, go back to SCF , lol

everyone has opinions , and we know yours
being new here has nothing to do with it , but you must love the fact, that their is no liablilty to you here because you keep track of your own records , well piss on that lol , I dont trust you or no one else period , I dont have to with a trade manager ,. I also have to worry about lossing information which is entirely possible with everyone trying to keep their own record of things , it is just simply easier , and safer , and dont have to trust anyone !!!
and so you know, I do what I want , not what you suggest , so if I choose to be here ir SCF ,it is my choice you have nothing to say about it ,
SCF does not let members mouth off to each other , call names , make derrogatory statements , or anything disrespectful , but here it do what you want say what you want , and write down what you want , lol , this is why people get ripped off here , to many doors open for thiefs , to many leave it to trusting thats the truth , lol
Old 05-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #17 (permalink)

Correct grammar, or at least an improvement, would also help, but I somehow doubt that will happen either.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/coltsfan23
http://www.flickr.com/photos/112087390@N03/sets/72157638871019534/
coltsfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerscards View Post
everyone has opinions , and we know yours
being new here has nothing to do with it , but you must love the fact, that their is no liablilty to you here because you keep track of your own records , well piss on that lol , I dont trust you or no one else period , I dont have to with a trade manager ,. I also have to worry about lossing information which is entirely possible with everyone trying to keep their own record of things , it is just simply easier , and safer , and dont have to trust anyone !!!
and so you know, I do what I want , not what you suggest , so if I choose to be here ir SCF ,it is my choice you have nothing to say about it ,
SCF does not let members mouth off to each other , call names , make derrogatory statements , or anything disrespectful , but here it do what you want say what you want , and write down what you want , lol , this is why people get ripped off here , to many doors open for thiefs , to many leave it to trusting thats the truth , lol
It seems to be impossible to read anything that you type. Misusing commas, no capital letters, looks like you're typing a poem with all the lines, and spelled a lot of words wrong.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #19 (permalink)

Here is a decent thread too, and what I added the other day:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...ered-here.html

Since the Srt42004n threads have been deleted I wanted to repost my thoughts on how you should never be able to lose anyone's information for shipping/returns/etc on here:

1. Have your PM box expanded to 1000 messages - I'm not telling you how, there are plenty of other threads on the subject you can find

2. when you clean your PM box, download to CSV or TXT Files and save somewhere or print out before you delete anything

3. you should be receiving emails for every PM you receive. If not, set up your profile to link your email to your PMs (which includes the PM in full on replies as long as the other party doesn't delete all the info before sending) Also I get emails on all the threads I am subscribed to as long as they don't get deleted. Blowout has a great user interface, try playing around with your profile and settings.

4. Using these 3 methods, there is NO WAY YOU CAN FORGET OR LOSE SOMEONES DEAL

-----
Just a thought too...I was banned on that other site that has a trade manager (for calling out a scammer btw) I've been told that the super mods there do trades and breaks and stuff and if they screw up the deal you get banned or dinged. So I see no need for a trade manager here. I have over 100 deals (probably closer to 150 here and never had 1 issue) Look at some of the others here that have reached 300 400 500 and 1000 deals. You don't see them w/1 issue.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:59 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan23 View Post
Correct grammar, or at least an improvement, would also help, but I somehow doubt that will happen either.
I think this goes well with everything the guy types.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
Here is a decent thread too, and what I added the other day:

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/o...ered-here.html

Since the Srt42004n threads have been deleted I wanted to repost my thoughts on how you should never be able to lose anyone's information for shipping/returns/etc on here:

1. Have your PM box expanded to 1000 messages - I'm not telling you how, there are plenty of other threads on the subject you can find

2. when you clean your PM box, download to CSV or TXT Files and save somewhere or print out before you delete anything

3. you should be receiving emails for every PM you receive. If not, set up your profile to link your email to your PMs (which includes the PM in full on replies as long as the other party doesn't delete all the info before sending) Also I get emails on all the threads I am subscribed to as long as they don't get deleted. Blowout has a great user interface, try playing around with your profile and settings.

4. Using these 3 methods, there is NO WAY YOU CAN FORGET OR LOSE SOMEONES DEAL

-----
Just a thought too...I was banned on that other site that has a trade manager (for calling out a scammer btw) I've been told that the super mods there do trades and breaks and stuff and if they screw up the deal you get banned or dinged. So I see no need for a trade manager here. I have over 100 deals (probably closer to 150 here and never had 1 issue) Look at some of the others here that have reached 300 400 500 and 1000 deals. You don't see them w/1 issue.
I changed #3 for me to no emails, because it was flooding up emails, even if they were already meant for spam.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #22 (permalink)

ok you need 3 or four different methods of keeping records lol how is that easier and safer than one trade manager that does it all , and your record is permanant and of public view , not some papers on your own desk lol
again ,there is too much I trust you , you trust me crap,
and for proper grammer , is this school , are you my teacher , NO and NO < so please, I dont need your condesending corrections or comments , stick to the thread , nothing personal here , so dont try to make it that way ,
my suggestion is simply that a suggestion and I am voicing my opinion as to why I like the trade manager ,
I did not post I am looking for arguements on this subject , or I am looking for
the normal drama that exisit on this site lol
I am suggesting something thats in design protects everyone and is much safer and easier to use ,
Trusting a stranger to keep acurate records is just asking for trouble
Old 07-28-2012, 07:39 PM   #23 (permalink)

I'm a fan of trade manager. I like the format SCF uses, but I also like the way NSCF implements trade manager also. I would be happy with either one.

Does anyone have a reason why it should NOT be used?
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post
I'm a fan of trade manager. I like the format SCF uses, but I also like the way NSCF implements trade manager also. I would be happy with either one.

Does anyone have a reason why it should NOT be used?
Because it's not needed. I have an itrader of over 300 and have never had an issue.

Also I believe if there were some tool in place I think it may open Blowout to some sort of liability. Not sure of this though.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:14 AM   #25 (permalink)

I dont see the point in a trade manager. The only real upside is the remembering who you ordered what from but then again a sticky note app takes care of that. I feel as if it makes people let their guard down, like they are somehow protected by a virtual agreement. If a haters gonna hate then a scammers gonna scam and a trade manager isnt going to change that