Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 12 Hour bump?

Hey everyone, or specifically moderators. I was wondering if perhaps we can reduce the time in between post bumps? I fully understand why this rule is put in place, but it has been two years since last discussed and I'm pretty sure the volume has dramatically increased on the website. Specifically speaking about the baseball trade board, stuff falls dramatically fast. I had one post on the front page for 15 min. Just wondering if we could discuss it?

Also, I am disabled and use voice recognition, forgive my small grammatical errors.
SyddWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

I would love to see a 12 hr bump
Old 05-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

If we make enough new posts, we may be able to push your request to the second page am also for it, but you know this will make things go even faster?
2001 UD GOLF CASES
Packerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Nope, people keep asking for it, but is completely not necessary. What good will 12 hours even do? Bump it once at 9 AM and 9 PM? Won't make any difference, and allowing more bumps it'll be gone in 8 minutes.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

I think it would help quite a bit. Allows a member to bump for the morning crowd and then the night crowd. Great idea.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBoyInTN View Post
I think it would help quite a bit. Allows a member to bump for the morning crowd and then the night crowd. Great idea.
This is exactly what I was thinking.

Also, I am disabled and use voice recognition, forgive my small grammatical errors.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

The bigger issue is when you have a thread where someone makes a post at a weird time, and you can't bump it for 24 hours because of that.

So someone makes a random post like, nice card glws, at like 4 in the morning.

That thread will be buried a couple pages down by noonish and then you can't bump until the next morning.

Yes it's annoying when your thread falls a couple pages real quick, but if everyone is bumping their threads every 12 hours, it's not going to get any better.

I'd be more in favor of a 24 hour rule of bumping if you've made the last post, 12 hours if someone else has made the last post.
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
The bigger issue is when you have a thread where someone makes a post at a weird time, and you can't bump it for 24 hours because of that.

So someone makes a random post like, nice card glws, at like 4 in the morning.

That thread will be buried a couple pages down by noonish and then you can't bump until the next morning.

Yes it's annoying when your thread falls a couple pages real quick, but if everyone is bumping their threads every 12 hours, it's not going to get any better.

I'd be more in favor of a 24 hour rule of bumping if you've made the last post, 12 hours if someone else has made the last post.
I will admit, I find the rules on this website particularly odd. I was under the assumption that you could only bump a thread every 24 hours. The way I read this is you are only allowed to post as a reply, if the last post was after 24 hours?

Another thing, I created a thread earlier with two items for sale. One of the items sold two hours later, so I updated the thread and posted that one of the cards have been sold. I was told that that was considered a bump. I'm wondering how that can be considered a bump when I'm updating the thread?

Old 05-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyddWasHere View Post
I will admit, I find the rules on this website particularly odd. I was under the assumption that you could only bump a thread every 24 hours. The way I read this is you are only allowed to post as a reply, if the last post was after 24 hours?

Another thing, I created a thread earlier with two items for sale. One of the items sold two hours later, so I updated the thread and posted that one of the cards have been sold. I was told that that was considered a bump. I'm wondering how that can be considered a bump when I'm updating the thread?
Yea, I find the rules odd too, and some people can be very petty as to reporting bumped threads.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to bump a thread that I was trying to move a bunch of cards quick in, for at least 4ish hours because I wasn't going to be near a computer. So I just went ahead and bumped it 23 hours after the last post and it got flagged and removed.

It also scares me to respond to someone's post in a thread of mine if I see the post any more than 30 minutes after they made the post at times, as I think people will report that as an illegal bump and I don't want to get banned for a day if I'm trying to make a sale/trade based on that post.

Does anyone know if you get banned for a day, is that for posting only or can you not send PM's during that time either?

And were you saying you were confused as to what I was saying or the rules?

I was saying that if you were the last person to make a post in your thread, you have to wait 24 hours to bump it to the top.

But if someone else other than you was the last person to make a post in your thread, you should be able to make a bump 12 hours after that post.

Just my 2 cents
Old 05-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #10 (permalink)

What about different sections for the same sport? For example: Under baseball, have an RC's section,a old school/vintage section (Say pre 2000) And a graded section. This way people could scan through RC's Older and Graded stuff along with the usual star cards and such!?!?
2001 UD GOLF CASES
Old 05-19-2012, 11:03 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerfan View Post
What about different sections for the same sport? For example: Under baseball, have an RC's section,a old school/vintage section (Say pre 2000) And a graded section. This way people could scan through RC's Older and Graded stuff along with the usual star cards and such!?!?
Another big NO, no reason to change it and become like SCF.
Luke 2:11- Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord
Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
I also do not like this idea at all.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Yea, I find the rules odd too, and some people can be very petty as to reporting bumped threads.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to bump a thread that I was trying to move a bunch of cards quick in, for at least 4ish hours because I wasn't going to be near a computer. So I just went ahead and bumped it 23 hours after the last post and it got flagged and removed.

It also scares me to respond to someone's post in a thread of mine if I see the post any more than 30 minutes after they made the post at times, as I think people will report that as an illegal bump and I don't want to get banned for a day if I'm trying to make a sale/trade based on that post.

If you are replying to a post it's fine, however if you are replying to multiple posts you have to use multiquote.

Does anyone know if you get banned for a day, is that for posting only or can you not send PM's during that time either?

PMing is still available while suspended.

And were you saying you were confused as to what I was saying or the rules?

I was saying that if you were the last person to make a post in your thread, you have to wait 24 hours to bump it to the top.

But if someone else other than you was the last person to make a post in your thread, you should be able to make a bump 12 hours after that post.

Just my 2 cents
Answering a couple of your questions in bold above.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

well, it was just an idea. And the two people that did not like it gave no reasons as to why
2001 UD GOLF CASES
Old 05-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
well, it was just an idea. And the two people that did not like it gave no reasons as to why
I don't like that idea because I do not want a more cluttered forum (SCF). The other person said the same thing.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
Answering a couple of your questions in bold above.
How do you do the multi quote, I know how to select the ones I want to quote, but then how do I make the post?
Old 05-19-2012, 11:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
How do you do the multi quote, I know how to select the ones I want to quote, but then how do I make the post?
Quote one of the ones you already added to the multiquote.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Use multiquote on all but the last quote. Then on the last quote just use the regular quote feature.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:30 PM   #19 (permalink)

I also agree that a 12 hour bump would be great, at least then it will be buried within 5 minutes but can be risen a half a day later.
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #20 (permalink)

A 12hr rule wouldnt matter imho... just more bumps and threads move twice as fast.

Its like taking a pizza and cutting it into 100 pieces. Still the same size pizza.

Raimel Tapia was born to hit baseballs
gunshowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

it would definitely help especially when there is west and east coast traders involve
scorpion1157 is offline   Reply With Quote