Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Should there be a standard policy on Group breaks?

Backing out of a slot:

Recently, there have been group breaks that fill quick and end up having holes in them when it comes time to pay up. I understand that things come up and emergencies arise that make it hard to commit or need to back out of a group break once it has filled. But everytime? Ive noticed a few individuals that have entered approxmately 4 group breaks on average and then back out of all of them only to join 1 other one. If they claim that they dont have the $$ for it, then how are they able to afford to get into the next group break?

This type of behavior affects everyone in the group break. Until all payments are made, the host usually never orders the case. Within that time the product could possibly go up in price. Could these "floaters" in group breaks actually be speculating by taking up slots then backing out at the last minute because the product didnt go "hot" after going live? If so, I think such a practice should be scrutinized.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Inactive Account

This is why I don't get involved with group breaks. They are always hit or miss. I may do a box/case of tennis since its cheaper, but as far as BB, BKB, and FB im out.
mh01460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Backing out of a slot:

Recently, there have been group breaks that fill quick and end up having holes in them when it comes time to pay up. I understand that things come up and emergencies arise that make it hard to commit or need to back out of a group break once it has filled. But everytime? Ive noticed a few individuals that have entered approxmately 4 group breaks on average and then back out of all of them only to join 1 other one. If they claim that they dont have the $$ for it, then how are they able to afford to get into the next group break?

This type of behavior affects everyone in the group break. Until all payments are made, the host usually never orders the case. Within that time the product could possibly go up in price. Could these "floaters" in group breaks actually be speculating by taking up slots then backing out at the last minute because the product didnt go "hot" after going live? If so, I think such a practice should be scrutinized.
Thats the world we live in nowadays. Nobody has consideration for anyone.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

New beef with group breaks...

People who enter, then wait till the deadline to let the OP know that they arent paying or do not pay by the deadline date.

The cases do not get purchased until everyone has paid. The longer we wait, the more chance we have at losing out on price, reselling and even availability. If the deadline is a specific date, then everyone should be expected to pay by this date. If you cant pay by that date, it means you cannot afford to do the break therefore shouldn't be in it.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I have had "veteran" members with great i-trader feedback back out or not pay up. I have given out neutrals to a few people and one person I let it pass because he is such a well respected member. I go into group breaks now expecting one or two to drop out so I plan accordingly and try to get as many back ups as possible.
Nobody is making me do them, so I figure it's on me to run it as smoothly as I can.
What bugs me most is when people have time limits on draft breaks and they don't pick or communicate at all about what they would want. If nothing else, all I would want is a quick pm stating "hey, I don't care about this break since I got a bad slot. Autopick me what you want." That is the reason I'm going to lay off the draft breaks and stick with either random hit breaks or team breaks.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote