Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowe12 View Post
But Ooosh, how do you know they are under 18? Unless you ask or they mention it, its not something that is typically talked about here. I am sorry for my somewhat childish behavior in the OP as well; I guess I just get tired of kids playing the "we're just here to collect and have fun" excuse. Trust me, we're all here to do that guys...but we are of age. I can press the ignore button on kids threads, but I am just sort of surprised how often minors make deals here, and how it seems to go unnoticed.
Oh I totally agree, I don't know if someone is under 18 but thanks to this thread I do know the popular ones.

If someone is on here enough, posting enough, it is pretty easy to tell.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #52 (permalink)

I'm 17 and well respected here. It's the kids like homerun and others that other people. Don't generalize us with them
Old 09-03-2012, 12:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Am I one of the "other people" you speak of?
ttmtrader101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsmets150 View Post
I'm 17 and well respected here. It's the kids like homerun and others that other people. Don't generalize us with them
I don't get why you hate me. I never did anything to you.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeeshy View Post
If some younger members can't participate in B/S/T then it does, to an extent, ruin it for them. I am 16 and I use my own money that I earn from work, through my mom's Paypal (w/ her permission) to do all transactions. I consider myself very mature for my age, and if I couldn't use B/S/T how would I get cards that I want?
There's no need to have mommys Paypal. Have your mom open a debit card, i believe AMEX and ING bank has one for Kids under 18. Its free of fees as well, and you can use it to shop online, shop in stores, where ever AMEX is accepted.

If you don't want to do that, then just ride your bike to CVS, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven etc and get a Visa or Amex gift card. There is a $5 service fee, but if you buy them in large increments, ($150-$300), it's not too bad. I ride my bike to go get one if im feeling like buying and when im low on paypal. It gives me a sense of independence, which is fun to have as a kid.

It makes it even more rewarding to see a prospect that you have been watching pay off, or when you buy a nice card (or many) for your PC.

Sorry for my rant, its just annoying for people to think that they need their Mom to shop online as a minor.
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #56 (permalink)

I don't like to throw my age around, but I will say I'm under the age of 18. I don't feel like I have any problems buying, selling, or trading. I'm pushing 200 feedbacks, and have more than most others on this site, why should I be generalized with the younger members mentioned in this thread? I do my business around here like an adult. No negative feedbacks ever, on here, SCF, or eBay. None. Does that mean I should have to leave as well?

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #57 (permalink)

While kids can be a problem, immature, uneducated collectors are an equal, if not worse, problem.
Bob Loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-train10 View Post
I don't like to throw my age around, but I will say I'm under the age of 18. I don't feel like I have any problems buying, selling, or trading. I'm pushing 200 feedbacks, and have more than most others on this site, why should I be generalized with the younger members mentioned in this thread? I do my business around here like an adult. No negative feedbacks ever, on here, SCF, or eBay. None. Does that mean I should have to leave as well?
I am trying to push 100 on here. You may have had a head start, but still. People like us will have to leave, with no negs on SCF, Ebay or here. I have more positive feedback then some people have that are older then me, but its time to go?
Old 09-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
Oh I totally agree, I don't know if someone is under 18 but thanks to this thread I do know the popular ones.

If someone is on here enough, posting enough, it is pretty easy to tell.
And this is why im not afraid to mention my age, because if you don't want to trade with me, you don't have too, there are plenty of people that will make deals with me regardless of my age.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #60 (permalink)
Banned

As long as kids are being professional and doesn't bother the actual card professionals on here I don't mind them. When they are posting the same thing over and over, that's when I get pissed.
bigbaseballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
There's no need to have mommys Paypal. Have your mom open a debit card, i believe AMEX and ING bank has one for Kids under 18. Its free of fees as well, and you can use it to shop online, shop in stores, where ever AMEX is accepted.

If you don't want to do that, then just ride your bike to CVS, Rite Aid, 7-Eleven etc and get a Visa or Amex gift card. There is a $5 service fee, but if you buy them in large increments, ($150-$300), it's not too bad. I ride my bike to go get one if im feeling like buying and when im low on paypal. It gives me a sense of independence, which is fun to have as a kid.

It makes it even more rewarding to see a prospect that you have been watching pay off, or when you buy a nice card (or many) for your PC.

Sorry for my rant, its just annoying for people to think that they need their Mom to shop online as a minor.
1. I am not 5, I don't need to be talked to like one.
2. I can drive.
3. I use my mom's Paypal so others can feel more secure so if anything happens reprecussions can be taken.
4. Why did you decide to start something with me in the first place?

PC: Jemile Weeks
Sqeeshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
And this is why im not afraid to mention my age, because if you don't want to trade with me, you don't have too, there are plenty of people that will make deals with me regardless of my age.
I don't necessarily care if someone is underage here and posting on the boards, but if I want to sell a card for more than $50 I want to know who I am dealing with and that they will be held accountable for their actions. That is all. And I think that is fair. Especially when we have someone under 18 posting "I have a good reputation with only a few mistakes", a few is far too many.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Ooosh, do I have "too many" mistakes?
Old 09-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttmtrader101 View Post
I am trying to push 100 on here. You may have had a head start, but still. People like us will have to leave, with no negs on SCF, Ebay or here. I have more positive feedback then some people have that are older then me, but its time to go?
This has nothing to do with banning you guys from this site...it really has to do with understanding how dangerous it is to agree to a "contract" with a minor on these forums. I'm not saying you're a bad trader, or are not responsible enough; however, what you're not understanding is how easy a kid can "mess up" a transaction, then screw over a member here, that's all.
blowe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homerun View Post
I don't get why you hate me. I never did anything to you.
When did I say I hate you? I'm just saying you're giving all kids a bad reputation and you're one of the prime reasons for this thread with some of your comments. You're annoying, I don't hate you
Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
I don't necessarily care if someone is underage here and posting on the boards, but if I want to sell a card for more than $50 I want to know who I am dealing with and that they will be held accountable for their actions. That is all. And I think that is fair. Especially when we have someone under 18 posting "I have a good reputation with only a few mistakes", a few is far too many.
The problem with this thread has been, is, and will continue to be, the fact that we are debating this with children. Why are we doing that?

Sure, there are 4-5 good kids on this site, but there are far more that aren't good kids; is it worth it to lose the good ones, to be protected from the bad ones? Yes.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Ooosh, do I have "too many" mistakes?
Please learn to quote posts.

I am sure you are just fine, but what is it that you don't understand about minors entering into contracts?
Old 09-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeeshy View Post
1. I am not 5, I don't need to be talked to like one.
2. I can drive.
3. I use my mom's Paypal so others can feel more secure so if anything happens reprecussions can be taken.
4. Why did you decide to start something with me in the first place?
Not Starting anything with you at all. If anything, was using your post as an opportunity to share a tactic with the youngsters on here.

Sorry if you took it wrong, was just trying to help.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #69 (permalink)

Again, I don't think anyone is talking about banning young members from the boards, just not allowing anyone under the age of 18 to B/S/T on the site. I'm sorry, but the facts of life are that you can't do certain things until you reach a certain age. Why should this site be any different??
Old 09-03-2012, 12:52 PM   #70 (permalink)

Why not just have a "shorter leash" on the younger members, myself included? I've built up my reputation too well for it to be taken down by a couple immature kids.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-train10 View Post
Why not just have a "shorter leash" on the younger members, myself included? I've built up my reputation too well for it to be taken down by a couple immature kids.
This.........
Bars and Bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #72 (permalink)
Banned

Should I start a thread for "feedback" amongst people under the age of 18 and 2 lists, one being who can be trusted and the second being who cannot? A-Train was the REASON I joined this site a while back. Saw his AMAZING collection of starts and prospects in the B/S/T part of the board, and wanted to be like him. He was very mature and I couldn't tell how old he was. People like that would be on the 'Trusted' list.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Should I start a thread for "feedback" amongst people under the age of 18 and 2 lists, one being who can be trusted and the second being who cannot? A-Train was the REASON I joined this site a while back. Saw his AMAZING collection of starts and prospects in the B/S/T part of the board, and wanted to be like him. He was very mature and I couldn't tell how old he was. People like that would be on the 'Trusted' list.
That is a fantastic idea.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't do that. It would do more harm than good, trust me. If you young folks want someone underage to look up to, check out mikecancelliere. One of the best young members we have here.

Currently hoarding mountains of cards that I should be trading.
lemur01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 01:21 PM   #75 (permalink)

From my perspective, there's only two kinds of people here: good people and intolerable people. There are plenty of good people under 18 and a few intolerable ones who I will reluctantly term as "adults". Age should not be an issue here and I'm actually surprised to see some of the youngin's come forward as I'd just assumed they were older. There are lots of younger people here who are mature beyond their years.