Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help us get a vintage section giveaway! Just post on thread!

Just wanted to show you mods how much i want a vintage section. Ok, I know there is already a thread about blowout making a vintage section but I thought this would help out. Post on this thread about making a vintage section and you could possibly win some free cards. I will run this contest until the new section is made and I will pick a random member who posted on this thread as the winner. The cards you will win are pictured below. Thanks for helping us make this happen! -Rick

So, as you can see your getting over 100 BV of cards for free just to post on this thread. Thanks again!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #2 (permalink)

We desperately need a vintage section. The younger generations need the opportunity to be able to appreciate the players that made the games what they are today.

Plus, I could finally have a home to show my Mantle RC, Maravich RC, Musial RC, Spahn RC, Maris RC, etc.

I would love a place to go to see other members' great vintage collections.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think it is a great idea and should have it's own section just like non sports and misc....good luck@!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
We desperately need a vintage section. The younger generations need the opportunity to be able to appreciate the players that made the games what they are today.

Plus, I could finally have a home to show my Mantle RC, Maravich RC, Musial RC, Spahn RC, Maris RC, etc.

I would love a place to go to see other members' great vintage collections.
I'm younger and my dad and uncle taught me to appreciate vintage. I love the stuff now! I agree with you though we desperately need a place to showcase our cards! Would love to see those cards you mentioned by the way!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leebal24 View Post
I think it is a great idea and should have it's own section just like non sports and misc....good luck@!
Thanks man!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alldaydaley25 View Post
I'm younger and my dad and uncle taught me to appreciate vintage. I love the stuff now! I agree with you though we desperately need a place to showcase our cards! Would love to see those cards you mentioned by the way!
I did start threads for the Mantle RC and Maravich RC, but I would definitely add the others if we had a section specific to these so others could really appreciate them.

Here's the Mantle:
Vintage MANTLE MailDay! Circa 1951

Here's the Maravich:
MAILDAY: "Pistol Pete" Style!

I just saw someone post a great 1952 Topps Mantle PSA 2 as well. There are so many great cards that could be checked out here.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I did start threads for the Mantle RC and Maravich RC, but I would definitely add the others if we had a section specific to these so others could really appreciate them.

Here's the Mantle:
Vintage MANTLE MailDay! Circa 1951

Here's the Maravich:
MAILDAY: "Pistol Pete" Style!

I just saw someone post a great 1952 Topps Mantle PSA 2 as well. There are so many great cards that could be checked out here.
Didn't even realize I posted on that thread with the mantle. That's a beautiful card! I don't do much with basketball but the pistol Pete is really nice also. But yeah I mean I didn't even see the mantle you are talking about. All the vintage threads get pushed so far down never to be looked at. It sucks.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alldaydaley25 View Post
Didn't even realize I posted on that thread with the mantle. That's a beautiful card! I don't do much with basketball but the pistol Pete is really nice also. But yeah I mean I didn't even see the mantle you are talking about. All the vintage threads get pushed so far down never to be looked at. It sucks.
I agree. In addition, if we could get one, we may stir up more trades/sales/purchases with vintage cards & sets on the forum. That would also be a plus.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree. In addition, if we could get one, we may stir up more trades/sales/purchases with vintage cards & sets on the forum. That would also be a plus.
Yeah that would be awesome. It takes me forever to finish sets because the only place I find vintage is at flea markets and on eBay. And I hate buying on eBay just because there are so many shady members lol. Well we just got to keep this thread alive and get the mods attention.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

great idea! got a ton of old cards that i would like to move easier.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboesports View Post
great idea! got a ton of old cards that i would like to move easier.
Yep! Your from Pittsburgh, where's your LCS?
Old 01-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)

Would love to see a vintage section, I think it would be a great idea. I agree with everyone else, anything on vintage seems to get pushed down quick and looked over. I think it would help draw new members to the forums as well.

I recently inherited my step father's childhood collection and would love to display some of his stuff from the collection in this new forum...even the ones that were drawn on, had pinholes, and/or cut up.

You could have an "All Sports Vintage" under hobby talk and marketplace to see how well it does, maybe eventually do "Vintage" sub-forums under each sport in each section if an all sport becomes too congested.

Also interested in John Smoltz and Greg Maddux auto's and GU cards.
braves3331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves3331 View Post
Would love to see a vintage section, I think it would be a great idea. I agree with everyone else, anything on vintage seems to get pushed down quick and looked over. I think it would help draw new members to the forums as well.

I recently inherited my step father's childhood collection and would love to display some of his stuff from the collection in this new forum...even the ones that were drawn on, had pinholes, and/or cut up.

You could have an "All Sports Vintage" under hobby talk and marketplace to see how well it does, maybe eventually do "Vintage" sub-forums under each sport in each section if an all sport becomes too congested.
Lol that's cool, some of the stuff has some funny crap drawn on them. But yeah the section doesn't even have to have sub-albums. It could just be a vintage section for ALL sports/non-sports.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:44 AM   #14 (permalink)

Would love to see a vintage section. Always looking for old SF Giants or Roberto Clemente cards.
BayAreaJavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Great idea man, I like it! If we had one we can see who bought an unopened box of 51/52 Parkies at a yard sale for $5 That would be awesome
KyGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:55 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
Great idea man, I like it! If we had one we can see who bought an unopened box of 51/52 Parkies at a yard sale for $5 That would be awesome
Those cards are awesome! A guy had a ton Of them at a show one year, should have bought some... Lol
Old 01-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves3331 View Post

It's not just vintage that get pushed down quick. Any thread with meaning disappears and is replaced with meaningless polls, multiple threads on the same subject, #@#@#@#@#@#@ing, whining and crying threads that have no need of being posted except to look for attention.

Get rid of these threads and the members posting them and you will see a forum with useful information. The sad thing is, by getting rid of these members the forum would be 25% the size it is now.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #18 (permalink)

I think its a great idea...i love looking at others nasty vintage collections!!!!
mickdapug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino5084 View Post
It's not just vintage that get pushed down quick. Any thread with meaning disappears and is replaced with meaningless polls, multiple threads on the same subject, #@#@#@#@#@#@ing, whining and crying threads that have no need of being posted except to look for attention.

Get rid of these threads and the members posting them and you will see a forum with useful information. The sad thing is, by getting rid of these members the forum would be 25% the size it is now.
Yes, I agree with you 100% It's unfortunate that the forum is the way it is.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

The OP is a awesome guy and Vintage is a awesome addition ... C'mon Every one VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE

PC: Jason Witten,Nolan Ryan,Johnny Bench,Dallas Cowboys,Texas Rangers,HOF'ers
TX_OutLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_OutLaw View Post
The OP is a awesome guy and Vintage is a awesome addition ... C'mon Every one VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE
Thanks man, Your a great guy too! VINTAGE VINTAGE VINTAGE!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

I would love a vintage section. Those are the childhood memories I have. My dad sold almost all of his vintage PC when times got tough without telling me or mom. He left me some that are very meaningful to me. I have picked up a few since I got back into collecting. I posted this picture in the top 10 thread last week and immediately it got buried. Reiterating the point that we should have a vintage section.

Old Nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Nap View Post
I would love a vintage section. Those are the childhood memories I have. My dad sold almost all of his vintage PC when times got tough without telling me or mom. He left me some that are very meaningful to me. I have picked up a few since I got back into collecting. I posted this picture in the top 10 thread last week and immediately it got buried. Reiterating the point that we should have a vintage section.

That sucks because these are all such nice cards! It very good condition also! We just got to keep this thread alive and get blowouts attention. By the way my paps cards where all thrown away and my uncles cards were all burned so I feel your pain.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

Actually those are some of the ones he didn't sell. He had every topps set from 56 to 92 and sold almost every set pre 1975. I have a really nice 75 and a vg set of 63 Fleer. I sold a few vintage FB sets to acquire some other things I'd rather have like a NM 79-80 topps hockey set.
Old Nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #25 (permalink)

Don't enter me in to the contest. It would be nice to have a section to show off new acquisitions in addition to a dedicated BST.
CONTACT ME. CASH AVAILABLE FOR ANYTHING. FLIGHTS OUT ON ONE DAYS NOTICE
Sean1125 is offline   Reply With Quote