Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Make Blowout Cards TapaTalk Native

For those who don't know, TapaTalk is a mobile forum app for Android and iOS. It's the best mobile forum app there is and would be extremely helpful to those who post from phones. All it takes is an easy download and activation by the website admin

Check it out here: Tapatalk

Millions of forums are already using it. It's completely free to Blowout to install. It would allow the site to bypass the time and money that goes into building a mobile application themselves, and a forum on TapaTalk is very well done. Sleek, easy to use, 100% accessibility to all features including viewing and posting images. No reason not to do this, IMO.

The only catch is, I believe, it costs about $2 for users to download the app from the Play Store or Apple Store. But that shouldn't be a big deal to just about everyone here. Very much worth it.

Last edited by thestyle; 04-23-2013 at 11:16 AM.
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd love a mobile version of this forum to download on my Droid.
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestyle View Post
For those who don't know, TapaTalk is a mobile forum app for Android and iOS. It's the best mobile forum app there is and would be extremely helpful to those who post from phones. All it takes is an easy download and activation by the website admin

Check it out here: Tapatalk

Millions of forums are already using it. It's completely free to Blowout to install. It would allow the site to bypass the time and money that goes into building a mobile application themselves, and a forum on TapaTalk is very well done. Sleek, easy to use, 100% accessibility to all features including viewing and posting images. No reason not to do this, IMO.

The only catch is, I believe, it costs about $2 for users to download the app from the Play Store or Apple Store. But that shouldn't be a big deal to just about everyone here. Very much worth it.
There is definitely a need for a more modern mobile layout. A simple CSS update for the exisiting mobile template would be easier and cheaper (FREE) for everyone and would make it seamless for users clicking links from their PM/subscription emails and going to their browsers. It also saves people from having to hit cancel on the SUPER ANNOYING "Download Tapatalk?" message everytime you go to a TapaTalk site. I'm sure there are even some more modern mobile templates available for vBulletin. It's just a matter of getting it implemented.

Collecting Contenders QB Autos (Selling these off, lost count), Bryce Harper, and Kyrie Irving - PLEASE don't ship to me in a PWE.

Last edited by adamt326; 05-02-2013 at 03:24 PM.
adamt326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)

They did it!!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

who is they? and where is it? I can't find it in the playstore. there is a 3rd party app that some of us use already. It's a little hard to deal with but can get the job done on the fly.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Blowout staff made the forum compatible with tapatalk and it looks GREAT. Just search tapatalk in the play store. It is not a free app.