Blowout Cards Forums
Midweek Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
It would not make randoms immediate.
i think that he is speaking of the ten caser and how long that random took... if dave was allowed to do his own random then it would of been sooner..
cmor6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Really? that's not the vibe I took from the 10 case Bowman. People were getting pissy that it was not randomed 5 hours after submission
Really? Not the vibe huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artchie
yeah that is a really good question!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21taylor21-0911
I really wanna know why the list was randomed 5 times when the orig post said 3 times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artchie
I am really not happy with this right now, Should of been randomed 3 times UGH!!

Alright guys. For this one break I thought I would change it up and do the random 5 times. Apparently, as pointed out but some, I missed the part "further down" in the thread, about changing it to 5 times and I apologize.

I changed it at the top of the break and when the list was submitted for random I asked the mod to random the list 5 times. That post has been sitting there for all to see since 10 am this morning. Below I quoted my post requesting the list to be randomed and how many times.

I know I have done 3 times in every break, I should have just left it and I will certainly go back to 3 times moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch
This list submitted for random 5 times by a mod
Looks like the vibe to me!

Anyhow as much as anybody inlcuding I would like defend the Blowout mods outstanding performance with randoms.. The funny thing was, nothing was done wrong at all both Dave and the Mod did what they were supposed to do.

What your trying to say by that is, its not the vibe you got was that no information from the random was included in the paste.. Just the list..

Everybody could stand to learn from this..

Even if the list was only randomed 3 times on accident the mod could further random it two more times just by pasting it back into random.org but with what happened there is no proof that a situation such as I just described could even of happened because there was no proof via timestamp. I always thought that that was kind of a joke anyways including a timestamp in the paste.. As if "hey, this included text means that this is a certified original and no alterations of any kind have been performed like it was a digital watermark..

Anyhow the point is a recorded random despenses with all the statements that anybody could make..

I downloaded and got it working within minutes (snagit-program) to record the video that I made.. then its as easy as hitting the upload button for youtube.. Then using the bbc codes to put in the thread... Then the host could re-post in the OP and nothing could ever be said about the randoms.. EVER!

Look I didnt start this thread to get people to be them usual selves and let there hypocampus get in their way of rational thought. I started this thread because an openness is usually the key to success in these situations.

It probably isnt a secret to most of us but alot of individuals become extremely paranoid if things never seem to work out for them. I for one do get frustrated if I have spent humdreds on a break only for the random to brutalize me.. But I also understand as most of us do that there is as always an inherent risk thats assciated with letting a algorythim in webscript determine my fate in a random. We all know it, love it and cant get enough of it. I love the anticipation of waiting for a random.

If an open door policy was institututed with Blowout forums randoms then I think that an easment of peoples minds may come.

So far I see way more aggreement then disagreement, actually there hasnt been any disagreement but more banter about stuff that has nothing to do with what Im proposing..

So far people who havent said yes talk about; speediness of randoms, posting my post in the wrong place and making fun of my resolve to make this happen.

That last thign really erked me.. I mean who cares where I post the damn thing. Theres always somebody somewhere that has to say SOMETHING about SOMETHING without even trying to discuss what was intended to be disggussed

Last edited by cmor6855; 06-17-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #28 (permalink)

Unless the case/cases/boxes are in hand already (most of the time they are not) I dont see a big deal with a little wait time for the random since the product is not going to be open anytime soon. Whats next? Asking BO to ship overnight to get the boxes in gorup breaks faster to these people because once again they cant wait. The only time I would see any urgency for doing the random is the HUGE player drafts on products that are already out or possibly releasing soon but lately a lot of the player drafts have people that understand the long draft hours and either turn in lists or stay online to make his/her pick

Im on a few "raffle" groups on facebook and when the person who is selling the card does the random they go this route:

1. Start the video
2. Go to the page where the card is sold at
3. Type Live in the comment box
4. Show the time on your computer or phone
5. Do the random
6. Upload the video to Facebook

So if the host or whoever goes that same route everyone can see he is doing the random (and dont even need a live feed set up) and then know its getting posted on youtube or wherever. Maybe the idea of a BO youtube channel just for uploading the randoms for the group breaks on BO. Once moved to active by a MOD the MOD can message the host with the password to the channel so they can upload the random. (Just change the password every few days)

Just some thoughts
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

You said...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor6855
Honestly I dont think that people would be all that bent over having to wait alittle longer.. .
And I said people were getting pissy when the random was not done soon enough for their liking....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor6855 View Post
Really? Not the vibe huh?
Yes that was the vibe. Then you went off on your tangent about the number of times it was randomed which is not what I commented on.

Bottom line if this random was done at 4PM yesterday this thread and the whining and complaining would not be here.

iluvfish2 gave his input. It will take longer in some cases.

If a case is paid up over a weekend it is not unreasonable to have to wait until Monday to get the Random done. ESPECIALLY on Father's day Sunday.

And it has been talked about "trusted" members doing their own random. Who decides this?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

As both a host and a participant, I have ZERO issue with the mods doing the randoms, and not posting the live video for the world to see. It's called trust, and I'd like to think BO would not want to place their reputation on the line by hiring shady characters to represent them.

Sucks to see the "I want it, and I want it now," mentality hit the Boards (understandably, not the first time). This request seems trivial, at the very least.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
As both a host and a participant, I have ZERO issue with the mods doing the randoms, and not posting the live video for the world to see. It's called trust, and I'd like to think BO would not want to place their reputation on the line by hiring shady characters to represent them.

Sucks to see the "I want it, and I want it now," mentality hit the Boards (understandably, not the first time). This request seems trivial, at the very least.
B-I-N-G-O
Would it be nive if Blowout employed someone to do nothing buy live randoms and imbed them in the threads? Sure.

But then I use common sense. Like if I submit a break on a Friday there is no way I expect it to get done before Tuesday because of the weekend.

Same for a random. If I post it on a Saturday I fully expect it to be done on Monday. Earlier is a bonus.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Ok first off if you guys cant stay on topic or let alone make sense then please go spam your nonsense somewhere else.. It is simple aggervating having to deal with the anti-gripers all the time.. really your type is just friggen exausting.... THE POINT- Live Randoms...

NOT, Timeliness of randoms..

NOT, What happened in Daves BREAK<--- Lord knows why i even humored you with an answer..

NOT, letting random people do randoms..

NOT anything but reoopening the door to recorded or live randoms..

This stuff is not rocket scinece nor does it equate to all the garbage your talking about Mr. jlcnick...

Please for the love of GAAAAAAAAAAAWD stop smathering with something that has nothing to do with the OP..

I mean Jesus do you even read what the hell gets said or do immediately start taunting people about issues that nothing to do with what the problem was in the first place..

All that being said.. JLCNICK , I.... DID NOT... WAIT TIL AFTER THE RANDOM TO DISCUSS THIS! I infact, was discussing posting this thread before the random even came out.. Even then with the one pick I bought in with got me pick 39.. Who on earth would complain about that and better yet guess what I havent...

In fact reading down everywhere I wrote anything, I dare you to qoute me on anything that ressembles having complained about Daves breaks random?

Dave will chime in here shortly because he backs me up along with just about everybody else..

Your in the minority here man.. Thats 2 guys to what 11-12? Gimme a break.. Its obvious that there is absolutely no reason for not recording the randoms.. Everybody else in the world does it BUT Blowout!

Last edited by cmor6855; 06-17-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:

blan, blah, blah
NOT, What happened in Daves BREAK<--- Lord knows why i even humored you with an answer..

Blah, blah, blah

!
But you interjected it into Daved break right after you made it...

Quote:
ok everybody im just gonna throw this out there, i have already spoken with dave and im sure alot of you are thinking the same thing so i went into the "do something about it" mode and have started a thread in the baseball section.. its about public randoms and its a petition you can go put your support behind by following the link and putting yes if you agree with it and want the public randoms.. it may not work for daves break but will def make some noise for future endeavors..

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/b...-petition.html
Again I believe if people didn't complain in Dave's break the thread would not be here.

And my original point was to put this in the suggestions section. Nothing more, nothing less. You were offended that I suggested it.

Last edited by jlzinck; 06-17-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

WTF! Who said anything about hiring shady characters or placing trust.... The recorded randoms is about accountibility and fixing issues with randoms..

BO's reputation is very much intact.. They are by far and large the leader in every category when it comes to sporting cards hobbies..

As a customer <---- and im pretty sure I am because I dont think I have given thousands of dollars like everybody else for no reason. I have a voice.

We all do.. You can demand something as a customer and BO must respond. Thats how this stuff works..

If we ended this little thread with a vote instead of its intended purpose then we would have a 12-2 victory.

Again where and WHY are you guys saying this stuff when nothing of the sort is being said or asked for.. MIND BLOWING!

TOPIC--- RECORDED RANDOMS BEING DONE BY THE MOD...

I amended only once suggesting that maybe trusted hosts could produce thier own live randoms.. I.e. Matt, Dave and Houdini.

Thats it this is the last time im gonna say anything.. Im just gonna promote this thread and see what people think...
Old 06-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
But you interjected it into Daved break right after you made it...

Again I believe if people didn't complain in Dave's break the thread would not be here.

And my original point was to put this in the suggestions section. Nothing more, nothing less. You were offended that I suggested it.
Yes your right.. Just before the random ever took place.. I posted this thread and posted in Daves break that I was takeing place in and posted about this thread there.. AND?

No I didnt get offended I dont know how on earth you think I got offended.. I never got aggervated til you started talking nonsense.. You stated that theres a suggestion section.. I responded with I know but there is more traffic here to get it more attention.. more quickly.. Nothing rude or ill considered, just an agreement.. Then you went and talked a bunch of garbage that had nothign to do with the OP. So I responded.. End of story right.?

Let me ask you this? Would you honestly be against Recorded Randoms if it werent based on trust alone? If so WHY?

The point is there absolutely no reason, trust either apparent or not, for not having the randoms be recorded..

Ok now i believe ive said all that needs to be said..
Old 06-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #36 (permalink)

1. I'm pretty sure one of the mods already does this (cough Pat cough)

2. Thanks I never knew how to use Random.org and now after the video I think I can live my life to the fullest

Ohhh and your voice sounds a lot like the guy in the beginning of one of my favorite videos to watch

Leeroy Jenkins - YouTube
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
1. I'm pretty sure one of the mods already does this (cough Pat cough)

2. Thanks I never knew how to use Random.org and now after the video I think I can live my life to the fullest

Ohhh and your voice sounds a lot like the guy in the beginning of one of my favorite videos to watch

Leeroy Jenkins - YouTube
is it funny that a guy associates a guys voice with anothers as if to make claim that im a nerd on a card collectors forum.. LOL, dude seriously?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
WTF! Who said anything about hiring shady characters or placing trust.... The recorded randoms is about accountibility and fixing issues with randoms..

BO's reputation is very much intact.. They are by far and large the leader in every category when it comes to sporting cards hobbies..

As a customer <---- and im pretty sure I am because I dont think I have given thousands of dollars like everybody else for no reason. I have a voice.

We all do.. You can demand something as a customer and BO must respond. Thats how this stuff works..

If we ended this little thread with a vote instead of its intended purpose then we would have a 12-2 victory.

Again where and WHY are you guys saying this stuff when nothing of the sort is being said or asked for.. MIND BLOWING!

TOPIC--- RECORDED RANDOMS BEING DONE BY THE MOD...

I amended only once suggesting that maybe trusted hosts could produce thier own live randoms.. I.e. Matt, Dave and Houdini.

Thats it this is the last time im gonna say anything.. Im just gonna promote this thread and see what people think...
It's neat to see such unadulterated passion for such a bad idea...continue to stick to your guns.

A) You answered your own question -
Q (You): WTF! Who said anything about hiring shady characters or placing trust
A (You): The recorded randoms is about accountibility and fixing issues with randoms..

I would like to think that shady and "not accountable" are similar in definition. If you're a shady person, it can be assumed that you aren't accountable for your actions. If BO were to even SUSPECT such a possibliity, they wouldn't be allowed to moderate.

And from what I can see, there are no issues with randoms. The moderators only do as the host requests. "Oh, his REPORTED POST says he wants me to enter this list into random.org and click "randomize" 5 times. Sounds easy enough. Right Click to Copy, Right Click to Paste, click the button 5 times. Right Click to Copy, Right Click to Paste, submit reply.

Requesting that a MODERATOR record the random, which is what you've made clear as what you're petitioning for, was already answered by Robert, a moderator.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
It's neat to see such unadulterated passion for such a bad idea...continue to stick to your guns.

A) You answered your own question -
Q (You): WTF! Who said anything about hiring shady characters or placing trust
A (You): The recorded randoms is about accountibility and fixing issues with randoms..

I would like to think that shady and "not accountable" are similar in definition. If you're a shady person, it can be assumed that you aren't accountable for your actions. If BO were to even SUSPECT such a possibliity, they wouldn't be allowed to moderate.

And from what I can see, there are no issues with randoms. The moderators only do as the host requests. "Oh, his REPORTED POST says he wants me to enter this list into random.org and click "randomize" 5 times. Sounds easy enough. Right Click to Copy, Right Click to Paste, click the button 5 times. Right Click to Copy, Right Click to Paste, submit reply.

Requesting that a MODERATOR record the random, which is what you've made clear as what you're petitioning for, was already answered by Robert, a moderator.
Exactly! He answered that things are the way they are for a reason and that if we wanted recorded randoms that we may have to wait alittle longer. Well the will is there so theres that. The second thing is ability.. He said he nee only get situated to do so or thats at least what I took from it.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #40 (permalink)

Well OP did this to by going into "do something about it" mode.

It prompted me to go into "do something MOJO about it" mods.

Sign my White House petition baby!!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...hread/7GmmBMxx

Oh Look....we're now in the Suggestions Folder......Who woulda thunk?

Last edited by jlzinck; 06-17-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

well its a hot topic! whouldathunk!
Old 06-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:

Pretty good laugh outta this! Thanks!
notsublime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #43 (permalink)

I don't do group breaks, but would think having the random recorded would be a positive thing for transparency. I honestly see no reason why people would object to it being recorded.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #44 (permalink)

If anyone is interested, I'll code you a site that looks and works exactly like random.org but where you can specify in advance if you want any slots "predetermined". Should only take a couple hours max. PM me for pricing...
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:03 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
well its a hot topic! whouldathunk!
Admit it. You are actually from Florida right?

Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #46 (permalink)

Was my name mentioned?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:

So I guess it's not REALLY wanted because nobody signed my White House petition.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #48 (permalink)

I don't believe this is needed, sure it may be wanted but definitely not need. The only change I can see happening is if they were to allow trusted/repetitive host perform the random live with a minimal amount of break participants to watch + have it recorded and posted to the forums.
SportCardBuffet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbignick View Post
Was my name mentioned?
i got the name wrong... sorry man.. i thought i fixed it..
Old 06-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #50 (permalink)

Is recording needed...NO
Is it a nice option...YES

The whole reason this thread exist is poeple in dave's break with low numbered spots want the random to be done 3 times so hopefully they got a better spot. If it had been done 3 times and they got the bottom spot they would want 5. There is no reason to change the format, it works.