Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducc View Post
Is recording needed...NO
Is it a nice option...YES

The whole reason this thread exist is poeple in dave's break with low numbered spots want the random to be done 3 times so hopefully they got a better spot. If it had been done 3 times and they got the bottom spot they would want 5. There is no reason to change the format, it works.
wrong the whole reason this exisits is because i thought of doing it long ago but never spoke up.. i spoke with dave prior to posting it wondering if i should even do it.. we both agreed it was needed.. so i did it..

you see.. one guy says a bunch of nothing and all the yes, answers are pushed leaving only me argueing with an imbisle...every single freaking time..i swear.. theres always some fanboy who has to defend something for no reason...

its like its built into peoples dna....

cows attacking cows. awsome!
cmor6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:46 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor6855 View Post
wrong the whole reason this exisits is because i'm pissed I did not get a good random and then thought of doing it right after and spoke up.. i didn't speak with dave prior to posting it wondering if i should even do it.. we never agreed it was needed.. so i did it..

you see.. I say a bunch of nothing and all the yes, answers are pushed leaving only me argueing with an imbisle....myslef...every single freaking time..i swear.. theres always some fanboy who has to defend something for no reason...

Yeah, It just so happened that this poped up after dave's case break. Don't even know why i posted because i got the #1 spot and there's a lot of haters out there.

GL with your petition go well.

p.s. If you read I said it's a nice option it's not necessary, I'm done Posting.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:49 AM   #53 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
wrong the whole reason this exisits is because i thought of doing it long ago but never spoke up.. i spoke with dave prior to posting it wondering if i should even do it.. we both agreed it was needed.. so i did it..

you see.. one guy says a bunch of nothing and all the yes, answers are pushed leaving only me argueing with an imbisle...every single freaking time..i swear.. theres always some fanboy who has to defend something for no reason...

Now that's just funny.

So now you have this here do what the people who REALLY wanted change did. Post in here asking for it every day. have ALL the people who want it to post in here, WHERE IS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TO START.

Just just sit back and whine like a little girl,

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 AM   #54 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

So, this is basically the thread.

"I want it done this way."

"Well, we do it this other way for a reason."

"BUT I WANT IT!!!!!"

Did I miss anything?
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:49 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, It just so happened that this poped up after dave's case break. Don't even know why i posted because i got the #1 spot and there's a lot of haters out there.

GL with your petition go well.

p.s. If you read I said it's a nice option it's not necessary, I'm done Posting.
i replied to your comment about posting this after the random... and even clearly stated that this isnt about a random.. because i posted it beofre the random.. BEFORE the random.. i also said i had spoke with dave which i can see by some of your responses cleary isnt a name that rings any bells.. dave is dthimesch.. the host of said break..

i wasnt disputing your suppport of this topic.. i was disputing your facts... and evidentally.. nobody seems to care about those...
Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post

"BUT I WANT IT!!!!!"

Did I miss anything?
i thought id change this to better suit the situation

"we want it done this way"

"well, we have our reasons"

"what reasons are they"

"they are just reasons, do we really need to go into detail why we wont change to a process everybody on the interent does?"

"BUT WE WANT IT, isnt that enough?"

"were done here"

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
Old 06-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
i thought id change this to better suit the situation

"we want it done this way"

"well, we have our reasons"

"what reasons are they"

"they are just reasons, do we really need to go into detail why we wont change to a process everybody on the interent does?"

"BUT WE WANT IT, isnt that enough?"

"were done here"

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
Well then get all those people to post in here to support what you posted.
Check this folder for what the people wanting a Vintage Section did.

Either all these people you talked to really don't care as much as you or.......well I dunno

Old 06-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
Yes. Definitely should be shown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesidez View Post
Yes yes yes yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21taylor21-0911 View Post
there is no reason the breaker couldn't do a live random atleast people would know its fair
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthimesch View Post
I would be 100% all for this. I am sure most would love it also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_mba View Post
Yes times infinity......

Also the host of the break should be allowed to perform the random as long as they post the video.
Quote:
yes yes yes we should never have to wait 12 hours for a random to be done
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswest18 View Post
Throw me on the yes ballot too
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheywillie View Post
Yes they should but the time stamped should also be included
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefractorsEtc View Post
Yes please. It would make randoms immediate, which would make group breaks more fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Yes I agree...I trust the mods and all but sometimes when I see a time stamp and its a min or two different from when the list was posted I shrug it off but still in the back of my head know anything can happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
I don't do group breaks, but would think having the random recorded would be a positive thing for transparency. I honestly see no reason why people would object to it being recorded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
I don't believe this is needed, sure it may be wanted but definitely not need. The only change I can see happening is if they were to allow trusted/repetitive host perform the random live with a minimal amount of break participants to watch + have it recorded and posted to the forums.
Quote:
Is recording needed...NO

The whole reason this thread exist is poeple in dave's break with low numbered spots want the random to be done 3 times so hopefully they got a better spot. If it had been done 3 times and they got the bottom spot they would want 5. There is no reason to change the format, it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Well then get all those people to post in here to support what you posted.
Check this folder for what the people wanting a Vintage Section did.

Either all these people you talked to really don't care as much as you or.......well I dunno

heres the start of it.. im sure with a little advertisement more will come..
Old 06-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Live Randoms Petition!

this little petition needs more support.. dont be afraid to voice your opinion.. if you want recorded randoms.. this is the time to say "yes" to this petition.. dont ignore it or nobody will ever care the next time it comes up.. so please go to the thread and show BO you want recorded randoms
Old 06-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
The change im suggesting in the petition is for live recorded randoms done by the mods... not the hosts..
Quote:
Vote for me to be the weekend randomizer and I can't be in the breaks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_mba View Post
Yes times infinity......

Also the host of the break should be allowed to perform the random as long as they post the video.
Quote:
I would do it for the blowout community if that's ok..... Let the participants decide
Quote:
yes yes yes we should never have to wait 12 hours for a random to be done
Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
anyone remember the member who faked a live random ?????????????????
Quote:
Originally Posted by RefractorsEtc View Post
Yes please. It would make randoms immediate, which would make group breaks more fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooosh View Post
It would not make randoms immediate.
Quote:
i think that he is speaking of the ten caser and how long that random took... if dave was allowed to do his own random then it would of been sooner..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
As both a host and a participant, I have ZERO issue with the mods doing the randoms, and not posting the live video for the world to see. It's called trust, and I'd like to think BO would not want to place their reputation on the line by hiring shady characters to represent them.

Sucks to see the "I want it, and I want it now," mentality hit the Boards (understandably, not the first time). This request seems trivial, at the very least.
Quote:
WTF! Who said anything about hiring shady characters or placing trust.... The recorded randoms is about accountibility and fixing issues with randoms..

BO's reputation is very much intact.. They are by far and large the leader in every category when it comes to sporting cards hobbies..

As a customer <---- and im pretty sure I am because I dont think I have given thousands of dollars like everybody else for no reason. I have a voice.
We all do.. You can demand something as a customer and BO must respond. Thats how this stuff works..

If we ended this little thread with a vote instead of its intended purpose then we would have a 12-2 victory.

Again where and WHY are you guys saying this stuff when nothing of the sort is being said or asked for.. MIND BLOWING!

TOPIC--- RECORDED RANDOMS BEING DONE BY THE MOD...

I amended only once suggesting that maybe trusted hosts could produce thier own live randoms.. I.e. Matt, Dave and Houdini.

Thats it this is the last time im gonna say anything.. Im just gonna promote this thread and see what people think...
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
1. I'm pretty sure one of the mods already does this (cough Pat cough)

2. Thanks I never knew how to use Random.org and now after the video I think I can live my life to the fullest

Ohhh and your voice sounds a lot like the guy in the beginning of one of my favorite videos to watch

Leeroy Jenkins - YouTube
Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
It's neat to see such unadulterated passion for such a bad idea...continue to stick to your guns.

A) You answered your own question -
Q (You): WTF! Who said anything about hiring shady characters or placing trust
A (You): The recorded randoms is about accountibility and fixing issues with randoms..

I would like to think that shady and "not accountable" are similar in definition. If you're a shady person, it can be assumed that you aren't accountable for your actions. If BO were to even SUSPECT such a possibliity, they wouldn't be allowed to moderate.

And from what I can see, there are no issues with randoms. The moderators only do as the host requests. "Oh, his REPORTED POST says he wants me to enter this list into random.org and click "randomize" 5 times. Sounds easy enough. Right Click to Copy, Right Click to Paste, click the button 5 times. Right Click to Copy, Right Click to Paste, submit reply.

Requesting that a MODERATOR record the random, which is what you've made clear as what you're petitioning for, was already answered by Robert, a moderator.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
So I guess it's not REALLY wanted because nobody signed my White House petition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
I don't believe this is needed, sure it may be wanted but definitely not need. The only change I can see happening is if they were to allow trusted/repetitive host perform the random live with a minimal amount of break participants to watch + have it recorded and posted to the forums.
Quote:
Is recording needed...NO

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post

"BUT I WANT IT!!!!!"

Did I miss anything?
Oh look I can multi quote too!!

Old 06-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #61 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Just an FYI I'm not debating anything here however was this thought about?

If you want these recorded this will at least double the time to do one. Why - because I or the other mods cant do them at work (or maybe on our mobile devices - I personally have issues doing them on my droid so I wont do them until I can get to a PC) when I see the reported request. I dont have video capabilities at work. If I have to record them at home that means I must setup my stuff. If a mod is in the break then they cant do the random. We've kept these as impartial as we can. And someone stated above about time stamps. I'm not going to say its 100% because I havent done all the randoms but pretty sure all do have their time stamps posted.

The randoms used to be able to be done by the host until they were deemed questionable (gotta remember there is a reason why there is a rule).

During the week randoms typically are done much quicker as blowout is working and they will do the randoms as well. On the weekends its the mods. We're on as much as possible.

Sorry for those that had to wait to get the randoms done tonight. I'm assuming it took longer for everyone to pay than the time you had to wait for the random. You asked for a random on a Sunday, fathers day at that. We're down one mod right now due to family issues, so that's not helping either.

I wish you the best with this petition.
You must have missed the mods reasons, so I quoted his post for you.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #62 (permalink)

I never understood why they where not recorded, I would never even think about doing a random on any break I do without recording it. I understand that randoms are time dated and what not but who is to say that random wasnt done 3 times, 4 times over ? By not recording it, it leaves to much doubt that maybe it wasnt a true random. That said if it is recorded then why not have the hosts do it ?
mesellucards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesellucards View Post
I never understood why they where not recorded, I would never even think about doing a random on any break I do without recording it. I understand that randoms are time dated and what not but who is to say that random wasnt done 3 times, 4 times over ? By not recording it, it leaves to much doubt that maybe it wasnt a true random. That said if it is recorded then why not have the hosts do it ?
But yet you joined a break without one randomed....
10 Case Bowman Break (5 Hobby & 5 Jumbo)
58, 116, 179 & 237

The reason the Mods do the random are because there were issues in the past with the breakers doing it. Also if a Mod is IN the break they cannot do the random.

And I agree with you on non Blowout breaks. On the 2 I did outside of Blowout I did a live, recorded random.

If Blowout deems the recording and imbedding of the randoms into the threads as a benefit to the site they will do it.

It's just too much of a coinsidence that this thread and the 10 case Bowman with pissing and moaning behind it came at the same time.

I would suggest that anyone who has an issue with the way it is currently done not join breaks until the randoms are recorded and imbedded.

Me? I believe everything is on the level and have no need to see a video of it as I have received good randoms, average randoms and horrible randoms.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #64 (permalink)

I read this thread a couple times and I have to say, this may be the dumbest idea ever. I was thinking the exact reasons that iluvfish posted instantly when I read this. People are complaining about how long it takes for randoms to get done yet you want to make a mod wait until the evening, and set up a cam? There isn't one complaint that this idea solves. Instead it just wastes more of everyone's time...
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #65 (permalink)

So what does the mods posts once a break is approved? "This Group Break is now open. Format and slot pricing are posted for review; please do your own due diligence. The host has provided verification for the age requirement. If you are comfortable with the host, format and pricing, you may join the break and reserve your slot(s) by posting in this thread. Please note that once you reserve your slot(s), you commit to pay for your reserved slot(s)."

If you felt like you go burned in a break, you haven't done your homework on the breaker.
Since this is a democratic country we live in why not take a poll off all those in the break on how would you like the randoms, by host, by mods (disclaimer based on availability), live, recorded, etc etc.

But just my opinion, just leave it as is... there has been thousands of breaks with no issues and just a very small percentage that is/may be bad. Again due your own Due Dilligence.
puckfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned

Then that will be my next move look for a POLL in the suggestioins box...
Old 06-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

POLL Should the randoms the mods produce be recorded and embedded in the thread?

heres the link to the pole
Old 10-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #68 (permalink)
Banned

4 months and nothings changed in rules!
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #69 (permalink)

LOL... let dead threads die!

Respect goes both ways...
usafshelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
4 months and nothings changed in rules!
Yes they have....but let's not let facts get in the way

Old 10-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #71 (permalink)

Yes, I'd like to see in all my gb's that I join.