Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Live Randoms Petition!

This doesnt only just apply to baseball but all breaks in general..

Ok so I spoke to a few other BlowoutCards patrons and have decided that this may as well be worth a shot. Im most certainly gonna draw heat from multiple angles but as alot of us would like this to happen Im sure it wont be all such a big deal once its said and done.

The change im suggesting in the petition is for live recorded randoms done by the mods... not the hosts..
With that being said, this will be a petition to change the current way randoms are carried out on BlowoutCards forums.. This is not a complaint as I have ABSOLUTELY no complaints what so ever with how randoms are done as I have never seen anything that would make me think that there has been any sort of deviation. Heck, it would be nearly impossible to track deviation based on all the different factors anyways but just to clear the air and get some sort of clarity behind Blowouts Closed door policy on randoms.. As Im sure im not the only one that has always thought it was weird that they didnt make randoms public for all to see.

If you would like to see public randoms simply post on this thread, "Yes"

I am absolutely begging people of difference of opinion to keep it to themselves. That being either for or against it. I am not inviting conspiracy theories or anything of the sort. I am only asking for a list of people who would back public randoms.

I am inlcuding a demonstration video for all to see below...

Last edited by iluvfish2; 06-17-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: did move to suggestion area since this is a forum suggestion
cmor6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Yes. Definitely should be shown.
babyfaceposey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yes yes yes yes
lakesidez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Suggestions Box - Blowout Cards Forums

Just saying. I have no issue with the way it is done now

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

there is no reason the breaker couldn't do a live random atleast people would know its fair
21taylor21-0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

I would be 100% all for this. I am sure most would love it also.
dthimesch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Suggestions Box - Blowout Cards Forums

Just saying. I have no issue with the way it is done now
This is true but without popular opinion what is a suggestion then? Its only a suggestion.. This needs to be backed hence why i posted it here.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor6855 View Post
This is true but without popular opinion what is a suggestion then? Its only a suggestion.. This needs to be backed hence why i posted it here.
Ohhhh then maybe you should do one of those White House petitions. Those are so cool.

There are now Comic Book folders and Vintage folders that all gained steam in the suggestion folder.

Fight the power brother

Old 06-16-2013, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Vote for me to be the weekend randomizer and I can't be in the breaks
sayheywillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Ohhhh then maybe you should do one of those White House petitions. Those are so cool.

There are now Comic Book folders and Vintage folders that all gained steam in the suggestion folder.

Fight the power brother
Thanks I will!
Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheywillie View Post
Vote for me to be the weekend randomizer and I can't be in the breaks
Is this a "yes" ?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yes times infinity......

Also the host of the break should be allowed to perform the random as long as they post the video.
ohio_mba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

I would do it for the blowout community if that's ok..... Let the participants decide
Old 06-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #14 (permalink)

yes yes yes we should never have to wait 12 hours for a random to be done
21taylor21-0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21taylor21-0911 View Post
yes yes yes we should never have to wait 12 hours for a random to be done
this change im suggesting is for the mods to record the randoms and embed them.. if they would allow hosts to record randoms that would only be icing on the cake.. but baby steps, always baby steps
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Throw me on the yes ballot too
Old 06-16-2013, 09:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_mba View Post
Yes times infinity......

Also the host of the break should be allowed to perform the random as long as they post the video.
Yes they should but the time stamped should also be included
Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Just an FYI I'm not debating anything here however was this thought about?

If you want these recorded this will at least double the time to do one. Why - because I or the other mods cant do them at work (or maybe on our mobile devices - I personally have issues doing them on my droid so I wont do them until I can get to a PC) when I see the reported request. I dont have video capabilities at work. If I have to record them at home that means I must setup my stuff. If a mod is in the break then they cant do the random. We've kept these as impartial as we can. And someone stated above about time stamps. I'm not going to say its 100% because I havent done all the randoms but pretty sure all do have their time stamps posted.

The randoms used to be able to be done by the host until they were deemed questionable (gotta remember there is a reason why there is a rule).

During the week randoms typically are done much quicker as blowout is working and they will do the randoms as well. On the weekends its the mods. We're on as much as possible.

Sorry for those that had to wait to get the randoms done tonight. I'm assuming it took longer for everyone to pay than the time you had to wait for the random. You asked for a random on a Sunday, fathers day at that. We're down one mod right now due to family issues, so that's not helping either.

I wish you the best with this petition.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #19 (permalink)

anyone remember the member who faked a live random ?????????????????

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Just an FYI I'm not debating anything here however was this thought about?

If you want these recorded this will at least double the time to do one. Why - because I or the other mods cant do them at work (or maybe on our mobile devices - I personally have issues doing them on my droid so I wont do them until I can get to a PC) when I see the reported request. I dont have video capabilities at work. If I have to record them at home that means I must setup my stuff. If a mod is in the break then they cant do the random. We've kept these as impartial as we can. And someone stated above about time stamps. I'm not going to say its 100% because I havent done all the randoms but pretty sure all do have their time stamps posted.

The randoms used to be able to be done by the host until they were deemed questionable (gotta remember there is a reason why there is a rule).

During the week randoms typically are done much quicker as blowout is working and they will do the randoms as well. On the weekends its the mods. We're on as much as possible.

Sorry for those that had to wait to get the randoms done tonight. I'm assuming it took longer for everyone to pay than the time you had to wait for the random. You asked for a random on a Sunday, fathers day at that. We're down one mod right now due to family issues, so that's not helping either.

I wish you the best with this petition.
Honestly I dont think that people would be all that bent over having to wait alittle longer.. I mean take for example what happened on Daves break.. People werent concerned so much about the timestamp as they were about amount of times it was randomed.. Typically those were the ones who didnt random well and are only complaining but you can se their point.

If the question is about people being sketchy then why not make a list of breakers Blowout mod/administrator alike can agree is trustworthy.. Dave for example has shown to be a excellent and trustworthy breaker.. He could be the the first name on that list. Just sticky the list of trusted hosts to the Groupbreak Guidelines Sticky. Then in the rules under that list make it clear that if that (trusted) host does their own random, they would have to follow the guidelines to do so. That should tackle two porblems : a) it takes pressure off the mods who have lives/jobs outside of BlowoutCards forums. b) it sheds the clarity that everybody would really like to have come random time.

iluvfish2 are you saying you need the tools to be able to do this or that you need only get situated to do it?
If the later is true, then its all to easy as you are the only active mod other than admin accounts. If its the ealier I am very willing to set you up with the programs/help required to get you started.

Matt from the fantastic store would also be a name on that list as he already is very very well known and trusted..

Im just saying is we have options here.. Options that could put peoples minds to rest..

And one last time Im gonna say it.. Just like in the OP.. I am 100% fine with the current randoms and the way they are done. I just think that in order to clear the air and possibly get less aggervation from participants that a Live or Recorded Random is in order. I mean it doesnt sound like your impartial to doing it but more so like you know that things are the way they are for a reason. but I think that doing one or a few of the forementioned things may help the community alot.

Last edited by cmor6855; 06-16-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Yes please. It would make randoms immediate, which would make group breaks more fun.
RefractorsEtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Yes I agree...I trust the mods and all but sometimes when I see a time stamp and its a min or two different from when the list was posted I shrug it off but still in the back of my head know anything can happen.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
anyone remember the member who faked a live random ?????????????????
again this is about trusted hosts.. and mods/admin doing the recorded randoms..

we are not talking about just anybody
Old 06-17-2013, 08:30 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefractorsEtc View Post
Yes please. It would make randoms immediate, which would make group breaks more fun.
It would not make randoms immediate.
Ooosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor6855 View Post
Honestly I dont think that people would be all that bent over having to wait alittle longer.. .
Really? that's not the vibe I took from the 10 case Bowman. People were getting pissy that it was not randomed 5 hours after submission