Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

View Poll Results: Should the Mod record group break randoms and embed the video in the breaks thread?
Yes 24 50.00%
No 24 50.00%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default POLL Should the randoms the mods produce be recorded and embedded in the thread?

The question remains and this is the poll for that question.

Should the randoms have a recorded video that is embedded in the thread when the randomed list gets posted by the mod?
This pole is anonymous...
cmor6855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

100 percent yes actually 1 million percent how do we know someone isn't paying off someone to get top pick I sure as hellll have never got one. not even close to one. THey should be live by the breaker and time stamped and uploaded to thread period
21taylor21-0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21taylor21-0911 View Post
100 percent yes actually 1 million percent how do we know someone isn't paying off someone to get top pick I sure as hellll have never got one. not even close to one. THey should be live by the breaker and time stamped and uploaded to thread period
Stop it. Good God.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Of course. The mods are so suspicious, I'm sure they are rich from all of the bribes. None of the randoms can be legit.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #5 (permalink)

OF course OP made a private poll.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
OF course OP made a private poll.
always something isnt it man...
Old 06-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

i made the pole anonymous so people wont be afraid to vote without fear of reprocussions if there was any.. and the way some things end up on here i dont blame them.. so anon.. yes!
Old 06-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

The pole has to be anonymous, you don't want to know who would dance.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor6855 View Post
always something isnt it man...
Well I am a fan of common sense and redundancy fails the test.

You already had a thread and you were very happy to count the number of people that agreed with you. Then people who didn't decided to post and someone mentioned democracy and a little light went off over your head and you started a poll.

But credit where credit is due...You did it in the CORRECT folder this time.

Old 06-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

You already had a thread and you were very happy to count the number of people that agreed with you. Then people who didn't decided to post and someone mentioned democracy and a little light went off over your head and you started a poll.

well if i could of added a poll to the existing thread i would have...
Old 06-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

such a stupid thread, just stupid

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR0747 View Post
such a stupid thread, just stupid
Agreed Joe.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

btw all the negatives you pointed out were again.. things that had nothign to do with the OP.. just people not reading anything and posting.. same as you..

some of those people, excuse me... ALOT of the people that posted afterwards talking about timliness of the random yada yada. this includes you, you were thinking about something completely irrelevant to what i was trying to accomplish..

but thats just the kind of garbage you have to contend with..

you claim im some sort of moron that doesnt have a point at all.. but look at everything youve been arguing against..

this entire time ive been fighting your rhetoric about stuff that had nothign to do with the OP... you rarely discussed the main topic..

you invited all kinds of other people JUST LIKE YOU to fanboys who are trying to look all hard for your hero....

the fact is the community wants the randoms recorded.. the COMMUNITY is the one spending the big bucks on these breaks.. not just you! so while you may think everything is hunky dorey not everyone may feel the same way..

i would be the first to say i think that nothing seems fishy about ANY random thus far since joining BO.. but ive always been a firm believer in "trust but verify" its an age old standard and id rather not..

IF anyone here believes that I am doing this because of the random on daves break you can listen to the dudes that are flaming the topic or you can go VERIFY the damn times i posted the thread... the original not the POLL..

if you need further verification just ask dthimesch.. id really hate throwing him under the bus but hes really the one that gave me the courage to go forward with this..

so if you want to hate.. FINE hate on it.. but gets your facts straight.. dont spam my threads with nonsense letting the ADD generation only read what youve said half the time because they are too lazy to read back on the posts...

or even the OP..

with that being said.. can we please just let the vote go and see what happens?

Last edited by cmor6855; 06-19-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmor6855 View Post
btw all the negatives you pointed out were again.. things that had nothign to do with the OP.. just people not reading anything and posting.. same as you..

some of those people, excuse me... ALOT of the people that posted afterwards talking about timliness of the random yada yada. this includes you, you were thinking about something completely irrelevant to what i was trying to accomplish..

but thats just the kind of garbage you have to contend with..

you claim im some sort of moron that doesnt have a point at all.. but look at everything youve been arguing against..

this entire time ive been fighting your rhetoric about stuff that had nothign to do with the OP... you rarely discussed the main topic..

you invited all kinds of other people JUST LIKE YOU to fanboys who are trying to look all hard for your hero....

the fact is the community wants the randoms recorded.. the COMMUNITY is the one spending the big bucks on these breaks.. not just you! so while you may think everything is hunky dorey not everyone may feel the same way..

i would be the first to say i think that nothing seems fishy about ANY random thus far since joining BO.. but ive always been a firm believer in "trust but verify" its an age old standard and id rather not..

IF anyone here believes that I am doing this because of the random on daves break you can listen to the dudes that are flaming the topic or you can go VERIFY the damn times i posted the thread... the original not the POLL..

if you need further verification just ask dthimesch.. id really hate throwing him under the bus but hes really the one that gave me the courage to go forward with this..

so if you want to hate.. FINE hate on it.. but gets your facts straight.. dont spam my threads with nonsense letting the ADD generation only read what youve said half the time because they are too lazy to read back on the posts...

or even the OP..

with that being said.. can we please just let the vote go and see what happens?
HATE? Talk about lazy. Disagreement does not = hate unless you are lazy.

Bottom line is All I did was tell you that you originally posted in the wrong folder....

You hate to throw Dave under the bus but you do?? Silly

The COMMUNITY wants it? I see 16 "votes" one coming from some conspiracy theory nitwit.

Bottom line is this all came to be in the middle of a lot of butthurtness over a random not being done quickly enough for their liking.

If you had posted this thread/poll 1 week before this break I would STILL say it's not needed but it wouldn't look like you had an agenda for creating the post.

SO let your fanboys let their freak flags fly but blame people who happen to look at this issue in a way I do.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

I voted no, this will slow the process of group breaks down.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #16 (permalink)

I too voted no. If you are struggling with trust issues that badly you can not trust the random, well I feel sorry for you. The breakers currently break live and the recordings are kept online....I for one have NEVER watched a recap of a break or one live. This poll and idea are not necessary.
I must also add...They guy that had this idea must be a politician. If it's a way to waste more Americans time and/or money, then it has to be a great idea!!!
thebear29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

Whose to say you can't record multiple randoms before getting the actual random you wanted, then embedding it in the thread......If so, then what's the point in the first place. I voted no as I don't think an MOD really thinks into these randoms as some people have. I think they copy/paste the list and post in the thread and don't think twice about it with the number of requests and policing they do around here.

I've never had issues with any of the MODs or randoms and have been in several GB's. The only way you'd be able to guarantee a random is to be there in person...as I've heard someone actually trying to rig a live random via ustream/YouTube... I would like to be streaming and then have the random done prior to the break, but then that leaves no time for trading/selling spots.

It's never going to be right either way as someone's going to get their butt hurt regardless (bad team, bad pick, random not done the right number of times, etc)...if you don't like the GB's rules/randoms then just don't join the break.

So, good to hear I rate military disability....too bad it's 0%....
jlcherry2477 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

Dont let this die!
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Dont let this die!
Why?

Approved group breakers have the option of doing the randoms themselves and imbedding the videos into the threads.

This will give people who find something "shady" about the MOD randoms to feel good about.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #20 (permalink)

I'll break the tie with a no..
packtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

I'll reinstitute the tie with a yes... for multiple reasons:
1) to be an ass
2) It's not like these breakers aren't vetted by BO. There's quite a process to go through to actually be approved to host group breaks.
3) This really sounds like someone just complaining and is a consipracy theorist. How far does this consipracy go? The mods, the owner of BO, the CEOs of Panini, Topps, and all the other trading card companies?
4) I don't see why it would take so much time to do a live/recorded random. Do it, post it, it's over with... you'll still have time to do trades and stuff and then do the break. Doesn't really seem like that big of a deal.

I'm done.

-Buy #/% off...2/10%, 3/15%, 4/20%, 5+/25%
-Since when were cards made of gold?!?!
usafshelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafshelland View Post
I'll reinstitute the tie with a yes... for multiple reasons:
1) to be an ass
2) It's not like these breakers aren't vetted by BO. There's quite a process to go through to actually be approved to host group breaks.
3) This really sounds like someone just complaining and is a consipracy theorist. How far does this consipracy go? The mods, the owner of BO, the CEOs of Panini, Topps, and all the other trading card companies?
4) I don't see why it would take so much time to do a live/recorded random. Do it, post it, it's over with... you'll still have time to do trades and stuff and then do the break. Doesn't really seem like that big of a deal.

I'm done.
When this little rant was started Breakers were not allowed to do their own randoms.

There were 2 maybe 3 mods who could do them.

This could lead to delays in the posting of the random, which by the way is the reason this little hissy fit started.

Now that breakers like myself can do out own random, pending showing we can follow the process, we can random and imbet the video.

If I have a break ready for random at 10Am and I am at work I cannot video so I will ask a MOD to random and it will get done before I can do it and there will be no random video.

I respect and appreciate your reason #1 though