Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Auctions

How about an auction section for each sport? Seller could set the opening bid and the ending time w/zone and people can just "bump" the bid until the closing time. Saw this on another site and it seems to work well.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'll +1 this idea as well... wondering what site this occurred on. I think problems might arise though from failed payment etc. I guess if failed payment, next guy could win the item. Also, may be even easier to have shill bidders in this place too.

-Buy #/% off...2/10%, 3/15%, 4/20%, 5+/25%
-Since when were cards made of gold?!?!
usafshelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafshelland View Post
I'll +1 this idea as well... wondering what site this occurred on. I think problems might arise though from failed payment etc. I guess if failed payment, next guy could win the item. Also, may be even easier to have shill bidders in this place too.
it's at the Net54 forum. No problems there but they have very mature and friendly members. I don't think shill would be a problem but I guess people could create other usernames, but I doubt many would risk being banned as there are moderator tools to monitor activity. Over there it seems more of a fun thing to get rid of stuff you don't want.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

I love the idea but the Blowout Clown Posse is simply incapable of letting it run without scammers, reneggers, butthurts, whiners and a few other behaviors that would be sure to surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
How about an auction section for each sport? Seller could set the opening bid and the ending time w/zone and people can just "bump" the bid until the closing time. Saw this on another site and it seems to work well.
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I love the idea but the Blowout Clown Posse is simply incapable of letting it run without scammers, reneggers, butthurts, whiners and a few other behaviors that would be sure to surface.
lol..that is probably true.