Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Gmrson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 2,584
Default Auctions

How about an auction section for each sport? Seller could set the opening bid and the ending time w/zone and people can just "bump" the bid until the closing time. Saw this on another site and it seems to work well.
__________________
Collecting: 53 Glendale Tigers set, 66 Topps Baseball set, Tribute to the Throne Relics #/99, Detroit Tigers, Topps on-card autos.
Gmrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
usafshelland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 3,544
Default

I'll +1 this idea as well... wondering what site this occurred on. I think problems might arise though from failed payment etc. I guess if failed payment, next guy could win the item. Also, may be even easier to have shill bidders in this place too.
__________________
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/usafshelland/

-Buy #/% off...2/10%, 3/15%, 4/20%, 5+/25%
-Since when were cards made of gold?!?!
usafshelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Gmrson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafshelland View Post
I'll +1 this idea as well... wondering what site this occurred on. I think problems might arise though from failed payment etc. I guess if failed payment, next guy could win the item. Also, may be even easier to have shill bidders in this place too.
it's at the Net54 forum. No problems there but they have very mature and friendly members. I don't think shill would be a problem but I guess people could create other usernames, but I doubt many would risk being banned as there are moderator tools to monitor activity. Over there it seems more of a fun thing to get rid of stuff you don't want.
__________________
Collecting: 53 Glendale Tigers set, 66 Topps Baseball set, Tribute to the Throne Relics #/99, Detroit Tigers, Topps on-card autos.
Gmrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,409
Default

I love the idea but the Blowout Clown Posse is simply incapable of letting it run without scammers, reneggers, butthurts, whiners and a few other behaviors that would be sure to surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmrson View Post
How about an auction section for each sport? Seller could set the opening bid and the ending time w/zone and people can just "bump" the bid until the closing time. Saw this on another site and it seems to work well.
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Gmrson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Jackson, MI
Posts: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I love the idea but the Blowout Clown Posse is simply incapable of letting it run without scammers, reneggers, butthurts, whiners and a few other behaviors that would be sure to surface.
lol..that is probably true.
__________________
Collecting: 53 Glendale Tigers set, 66 Topps Baseball set, Tribute to the Throne Relics #/99, Detroit Tigers, Topps on-card autos.
Gmrson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.