Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

View Poll Results: Should there be a For Trade section only on blowout?
Yes, it would help 66 80.49%
No,it is not needed 16 19.51%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Dwade3HeatC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,721
Default Should there be a for trade only section?

I personally think that there should be a For Trade section on blowout for trading only. I feel like 75 percent of the threads on B/S/T are sales. When people do not have the money to buy and they are looking to trade, the B/S/T doesn't really help too much. Vote in the poll, I'd love to know your opinions! Not that this thread will really make a difference, but just thought it would be fun. And I would like it if you guys posted your answer down below. Thanks
__________________
.
May I Never Lose the Wonder, oh the Wonder of Your Mercy

Silent as He Stood Accused, Nailed by the Ones He Came to Save
Dwade3HeatC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,747
Default

lol there should also be a "Bowman Chrome Selling Section", but yes your suggestion is good!
charbs91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,205
Default

It would help because you are correct that many of the threads in the B/S/T are for sales. Trades can be hard to come by and this would be a great way to make a trade easier to find!
__________________
JOHNNY CUETO PC SINCE 2011 looking for anything now
WTTF BC Autos of - Justin Willaims and Matt Olson.
wwejhardyrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,493
Default

There shuld be a WTB sections... So annoying when more than half of the bst threads are full of wtb threads looking for some obscure #@#@#@#@
Joshua961203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 11,582
Default

I'm 100% for this, but all we're going to get is a comment from the mods saying, "Use a descriptive title for your threads and you will get what you're looking for."
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
MetDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 4,708
Default

As much as I would like it, this has come up before.

The powers that be believe this will primarily result in
people who have cards "for sale or for trade" creating 2 threads for the same items,
thus rendering the theoretical trade only section redundant. I would love to be able to form a good counterargument to that but havent come up with one yet. Maybe you can.
__________________
2008 Topps Chrome Red Refractor SET #'d/25 98.8% complete!
NEED THESE 4 - PLEASE LMK!!!
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Dwade3HeatC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
I'm 100% for this, but all we're going to get is a comment from the mods saying, "Use a descriptive title for your threads and you will get what you're looking for."
Yea dude...
__________________
.
May I Never Lose the Wonder, oh the Wonder of Your Mercy

Silent as He Stood Accused, Nailed by the Ones He Came to Save
Dwade3HeatC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Metsfan1121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: long island
Posts: 3,822
Default

I think the thread tagging should be more used and that would solve this dilemma. It would be nice if there was a sticky thread with a code that could be used, for example. Trading=1231
Selling=1232
Buying=1233
Bowman Chrome=1234
Resale Lots=1235
Autographs=1236

Then you can search for whichever codes you want. I'm not 100% sure how the tagging works but I don't see why this would be difficult.
Metsfan1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Dwade3HeatC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
I think the thread tagging should be more used and that would solve this dilemma. It would be nice if there was a sticky thread with a code that could be used, for example. Trading=1231
Selling=1232
Buying=1233
Bowman Chrome=1234
Resale Lots=1235
Autographs=1236

Then you can search for whichever codes you want. I'm not 100% sure how the tagging works but I don't see why this would be difficult.
Yea that would be nice
__________________
.
May I Never Lose the Wonder, oh the Wonder of Your Mercy

Silent as He Stood Accused, Nailed by the Ones He Came to Save
Dwade3HeatC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 11,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
I think the thread tagging should be more used and that would solve this dilemma. It would be nice if there was a sticky thread with a code that could be used, for example. Trading=1231
Selling=1232
Buying=1233
Bowman Chrome=1234
Resale Lots=1235
Autographs=1236

Then you can search for whichever codes you want. I'm not 100% sure how the tagging works but I don't see why this would be difficult.
I don't know if mods would or do check that, but you might get people who tag all or most of them.

That's a very good idea, if it'd be monitored closely and posts would be tagged with the appropriate codes.
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Metsfan1121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: long island
Posts: 3,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by centereacan06 View Post
I don't know if mods would or do check that, but you might get people who tag all or most of them.

That's a very good idea, if it'd be monitored closely and posts would be tagged with the appropriate codes.
They could make false tagging a reportable/suspendable offense. I'm sure they'll be plenty of members who chose not to tag at all, and that's fine, but it only hurts their sales. I think the sticky thread is where it really becomes effective, especially if the codes have clear rules on when you can use them (ex. Someone has 1 BC Auto among 50 cards F/S, can they tag BC?)
Metsfan1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 11,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan1121 View Post
They could make false tagging a reportable/suspendable offense. I'm sure they'll be plenty of members who chose not to tag at all, and that's fine, but it only hurts their sales. I think the sticky thread is where it really becomes effective, especially if the codes have clear rules on when you can use them (ex. Someone has 1 BC Auto among 50 cards F/S, can they tag BC?)
I think the biggest problem would be that everything would still be in one section and trading only threads will be dumped to the back pages due to all of the selling, buying, and quicksale threads.
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Ziveus101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: The Empire State
Posts: 2,510
Default

It would help, but I don't see it happening.

Personally I think turning the act of asking someone if something is for sale or if they are interested in buying when the thread title and the 1st post in that thread clearly states that he/she's only interested in trading into a suspendable/borderline-bannable offense would work a lot better. That's probably just me though #datdictatorflow.
__________________
Pandemonium Doesn't Reign Around Here, It Pours
Ziveus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
JohnRyno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: AL East Champions
Posts: 4,666
Send a message via Skype™ to JohnRyno
Default

A thread for scammers only would be great
JohnRyno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 11,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziveus101 View Post
It would help, but I don't see it happening.

Personally I think turning the act of asking someone if something is for sale or if they are interested in buying when the thread title and the 1st post in that thread clearly states that he/she's only interested in trading into a suspendable/borderline-bannable offense would work a lot better. That's probably just me though #datdictatorflow.
I truly hate that, but I don't think it should be a suspendable offense. Maybe just a flap on the forehead like in the V8 commercials.
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 10,071
Default

It wouldn't work. You'd get a while bunch of for trade threads in the for sale area saying they will trade or sell for 5x the amount it would normally go for, and vice versa. Spam City.
__________________
I only ship to confirmed US addresses. Sorry to all out of US collectors.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,920
Default

I always took BO as a place to buy or sell and the place where Chris Olds works is the place to trade
stera8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Heart of Long Island
Posts: 11,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stera8 View Post
I always took BO as a place to buy or sell and the place where Chris Olds works is the place to trade
Please, God, don't send the traders from over there. I'd rather not trade my autos and relics for 30 base cards each.

And, after all, it is called an iTrader, not an iBuyer or iSeller
centereacan06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: carleton, michigan
Posts: 545
Default

Set builders section also, get tired of sifting through all the posts to find a few things
jmm72271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Dwade3HeatC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm72271 View Post
Set builders section also, get tired of sifting through all the posts to find a few things
Yea that would help a lot with people building sets. Good luck with your set(s) you're currently collecting!
__________________
.
May I Never Lose the Wonder, oh the Wonder of Your Mercy

Silent as He Stood Accused, Nailed by the Ones He Came to Save
Dwade3HeatC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
dasiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
As much as I would like it, this has come up before.

The powers that be believe this will primarily result in
people who have cards "for sale or for trade" creating 2 threads for the same items,
thus rendering the theoretical trade only section redundant. I would love to be able to form a good counterargument to that but havent come up with one yet. Maybe you can.
For starters I used to think it was better in 1 section but I have changed my mind. There should definitely be a selling section and a trading section separately... and some one made a good suggestion with there being a WTB section.

The sellers can never sell bc people even though they see a F/S either type or pm you "Are you trading CMB." So that's annoying...

The traders think that too many people sell and complain about how this hobby should be for fun and not an investment so they won't have to see the threads they find annoying.

Finally, the WTB section would be great because there are a lot of those threads and sales could be done easily that way. I have done group WTB threads and gotten great feedback about them where I say "The 8/31/13 WTB WTS Thread."

The dual thread issue can be resolved by having a time period requirement like how you can't bump for 24 hours, you can't make a f/s thread for 72 hours after you post a f/t thread and vice versa. Even if we eventually are seeing dual threads, it'll save us from the complaining in the threads that we get now and make it more organized.
__________________
*All my FS prices assume you are have a US address!

Don't be so hard on me, I'm already a Knick fan!
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
MetDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 4,708
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
For starters I used to think it was better in 1 section but I have changed my mind. There should definitely be a selling section and a trading section separately... and some one made a good suggestion with there being a WTB section.

The sellers can never sell bc people even though they see a F/S either type or pm you "Are you trading CMB." So that's annoying...

The traders think that too many people sell and complain about how this hobby should be for fun and not an investment so they won't have to see the threads they find annoying.

Finally, the WTB section would be great because there are a lot of those threads and sales could be done easily that way. I have done group WTB threads and gotten great feedback about them where I say "The 8/31/13 WTB WTS Thread."

The dual thread issue can be resolved by having a time period requirement like how you can't bump for 24 hours, you can't make a f/s thread for 72 hours after you post a f/t thread and vice versa. Even if we eventually are seeing dual threads, it'll save us from the complaining in the threads that we get now and make it more organized.
I'm with you on this and just explaining the hurdles that need to be cleared.
I remember the last time there was a big push for trade only and that primary reasoning for not doing it was what I posted before.

Previously, when people then pointed out that other boards seem to manage to be able to do this and even have trade managers (gasp) without issue, the response was along the lines of
"we dont want our board to look just like another board"

Fairly or not,
I interpret those combined objections as "our way or the highway"

Theres a saying along the line of
Change only occurs when the gain outweighs the pain of making the change.

Figuring out how to present this in such a way that demonstrates there is a gain for
BlowoutCards the business , not just the community,
is the key to inducing change. IMO

Unfortunately, I dont have a clue how to do that.
__________________
2008 Topps Chrome Red Refractor SET #'d/25 98.8% complete!
NEED THESE 4 - PLEASE LMK!!!
55 Orlando Hudson,150 Homer Bailey,191 Edinson Volquez, MHRC536 Mantle HR #536
MetDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
TXGunslinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 481
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDude View Post
I'm with you on this and just explaining the hurdles that need to be cleared.
I remember the last time there was a big push for trade only and that primary reasoning for not doing it was what I posted before.

Previously, when people then pointed out that other boards seem to manage to be able to do this and even have trade managers (gasp) without issue, the response was along the lines of
"we dont want our board to look just like another board"

Fairly or not,
I interpret those combined objections as "our way or the highway"

Theres a saying along the line of
Change only occurs when the gain outweighs the pain of making the change.

Figuring out how to present this in such a way that demonstrates there is a gain for
BlowoutCards the business , not just the community,
is the key to inducing change. IMO

Unfortunately, I dont have a clue how to do that.
I think you got your answer when the thread got moved.
__________________
Collecting Ian Kinsler & HOF Baseballs
TXGunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Dwade3HeatC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGunslinger View Post
I think you got your answer when the thread got moved.
Good to see this in the suggestions section
__________________
.
May I Never Lose the Wonder, oh the Wonder of Your Mercy

Silent as He Stood Accused, Nailed by the Ones He Came to Save
Dwade3HeatC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.