Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default Group Break participants that do not pay

Recently there have been a rash of members that join group breaks that never end up paying for their slots and holding up the break from moving along. Theses members consistently do it in various high end breaks causing people to have money put on hold and breaks held up when that money could have easily been used for purchasing other stuff.

In my opinion, when a member posts to purchase a slot in a group break, its considered an agreement to a transaction just like in the BST. By not paying by the deadline or having to be booted is the same as not completing a transaction. It should be followed up with a negative Itrader in my opinion.

The site should make it mandatory for those who break agreement to receive either a suspension from entering group breaks or some sort of punishment to avoid the disruption caused by them
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,135
Default

The issue i see is there are so many breaks on going... Only way to limit non payers is to limit the amount of breaks one can join at a certain time frame. I have been a guilty of not paying and one of the reasons is there is no way to know when a break goes active an some fill fast than others but when they go active people are given 24-48 hours to pay on a break that took 6-8 weeks to fill. If you limit breaks members can join however the breaks will fall apart! Another issue I have is when a break is posted and spots are $45 and its 2 months from release then another break posts a few weeks prior too and the price is $38 take a guess which break in paying for. It sucks that breakers get stuck at pre release prices then once prices drop days before release breakers claim they are stuck at the higher price... Its human nature to want the better deal!

Last edited by Srt42004n; 12-22-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Then as participants we should be allowed to bail on a break once we have paid for it. For example, I have paid for a group break and now its in hiatus because of a known tardy participant. I should have the right to tell the OP to refund my payment because I don't like having my money tied up for so long?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
free2131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,860
Send a message via Yahoo to free2131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
The issue i see is there are so many breaks on going... Only way to limit non payers is to limit the amount of breaks one can join at a certain time frame. I have been a guilty of not paying and one of the reasons is there is no way to know when a break goes active an some fill fast than others but when they go active people are given 24-48 hours to pay on a break that took 6-8 weeks to fill. If you limit breaks members can join however the breaks will fall apart! Another issue I have is when a break is posted and spots are $45 and its 2 months from release then another break posts a few weeks prior too and the price is $38 take a guess which break in paying for. It sucks that breakers get stuck at pre release prices then once prices drop days before release breakers claim they are stuck at the higher price... Its human nature to want the better deal!
So basically what you are saying is you have the right to overextend your budget and not pay for spots you agreed to buy AND you have the right to break that promise if you find another break cheaper?
__________________
Braves PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Braves%20PC/
Cal Ripken PC - http://s989.photobucket.com/albums/af13/free2131/Ripken%20PC/
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." - Albert Einstein
free2131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,989
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
The issue i see is there are so many breaks on going... Only way to limit non payers is to limit the amount of breaks one can join at a certain time frame. I have been a guilty of not paying and one of the reasons is there is no way to know when a break goes active an some fill fast than others but when they go active people are given 24-48 hours to pay on a break that took 6-8 weeks to fill. If you limit breaks members can join however the breaks will fall apart! Another issue I have is when a break is posted and spots are $45 and its 2 months from release then another break posts a few weeks prior too and the price is $38 take a guess which break in paying for. It sucks that breakers get stuck at pre release prices then once prices drop days before release breakers claim they are stuck at the higher price... Its human nature to want the better deal!
There's a pretty easy way to know when the thread goes active. Subscribe to the thread
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 17,135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
So basically what you are saying is you have the right to overextend your budget and not pay for spots you agreed to buy AND you have the right to break that promise if you find another break cheaper?
No thats not what i am saying, i am saying that if a host can offer a break for $45 then another host offers same break for $35 then as a participant i should be entitled to either back out of the $10 more one or have the difference refunded no reason one break is $10 higher for same product... Also what i was saying was certain members fill breaks faster thn others so sone people join both but can sit and hold $300 in paypal and not know when break will need payment. My biggest pet peeve is when i pay $8-12 shipping and the items come in a bubble i know it cost $1.89 to ship so theres another issue that sometimes rubs people the wrongway

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgugs46 View Post
There's a pretty easy way to know when the thread goes active. Subscribe to the thread
Yea have you ever subscribed to 8-9+ threads? Try it doesnt work real well might get one message out of 100 server doesnt handle it
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
mgugs46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 12,989
Send a message via AIM to mgugs46
Default

I've never had problems getting messages.

Who the heck is charging $12 for shipping??
__________________
Buying rare 90's inserts of Pedro Martinez, Nomar Garciaparra and other Red Sox/star players

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Andrew Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 6,629
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Recently there have been a rash of members that join group breaks that never end up paying for their slots and holding up the break from moving along. Theses members consistently do it in various high end breaks causing people to have money put on hold and breaks held up when that money could have easily been used for purchasing other stuff.

In my opinion, when a member posts to purchase a slot in a group break, its considered an agreement to a transaction just like in the BST. By not paying by the deadline or having to be booted is the same as not completing a transaction. It should be followed up with a negative Itrader in my opinion.

The site should make it mandatory for those who break agreement to receive either a suspension from entering group breaks or some sort of punishment to avoid the disruption caused by them
Agree 100%. People who do this are untrustworthy and the community deserves to be put on notice that they don't have the integrity to hold up their end of a commitment.
__________________
Those who can, do. Those who can't resort to calling other people trolls.
Andrew Jones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jlzinck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 17,858
Default

I'm all for leaving negatives that lead to banning.
__________________
Thin skinned megalomaniacs shouldn't post on message boards.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Im currently in this break
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/a...round-2-a.html

To my better judgement, I really should have opted out when I saw a couple of members that are known to be tardy and somehow always have an excuse of problems right before payment for certain breaks.

There is a member in that group break that admits to holding out on payment and bailing twice. In my opinion 1 time is too many. I totally understand when issues arise and someone having to opt out. But this guy is clearly messed up. He admit to being snowed in and not being able to make a payment nor leave his house to made accommodations for payment. Yet he has a BST thread up trying to sell quick ?? WHat if someone pays him? Does he really think he will be able to ship in a timely manner if he gets paid even though he clams to be snowed in and can't leave home? LOL. The gonads on some people..
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
dbaks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mechanicsburg, Pa
Posts: 2,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
No thats not what i am saying, i am saying that if a host can offer a break for $45 then another host offers same break for $35 then as a participant i should be entitled to either back out of the $10 more one or have the difference refunded no reason one break is $10 higher for same product... Also what i was saying was certain members fill breaks faster thn others so sone people join both but can sit and hold $300 in paypal and not know when break will need payment. My biggest pet peeve is when i pay $8-12 shipping and the items come in a bubble i know it cost $1.89 to ship so theres another issue that sometimes rubs people the wrongway
If you paid 45 for the pre-sale break and the product goes up at release and the new breaks are 55, would you pay the original host an extra 10?
__________________
SET CHASE: 2014 Topps Tribute Prime patches #d/24: 47/50
Bowman Chrome autos; Phillies GU/Auto; Mike Schmidt
http://s1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb370/dbaks20/
SORRY I DO NOT SHIP TO CANADA UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR DC
dbaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Ajax1723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 12,513
Default

If you don't pay for a break, you get a negative. Period.

Don't commit to it unless you're sure you can be responsible enough to pay and pay attention to the group break. "I didn't know" should not be an acceptable excuse for responsible people spending money.
__________________
Evan Longoria Supercollector!
1,004 different cards and counting!
ALWAYS Looking for Longoria cards I don't have!
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
ajw9356's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Posts: 1,598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
If you don't pay for a break, you get a negative. Period.

Don't commit to it unless you're sure you can be responsible enough to pay and pay attention to the group break. "I didn't know" should not be an acceptable excuse for responsible people spending money.
I don't join many, but I pretty much agree with this, I have been in one break that didn't fill and thus no one paid.
I have always thought payment shouldn't be made until the break is filled and you get maybe two days at most to pay or you shouldn't be joining. That said, you must have some limitation on the duration to fill a break before it's cancelled but the cards in my opinion shouldn't be purchased until everyone has paid, saves on the headaches.
__________________
I collect: Kansas State, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Royals, Hosmer, Pujols, Chiefs, Saints, Jimmy Graham, QBs and other random stuff. Thanks, James Bucket:
http://s1095.photobucket.com/albums/i471/ajw9356/
ajw9356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Im currently in this break
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/a...round-2-a.html

To my better judgement, I really should have opted out when I saw a couple of members that are known to be tardy and somehow always have an excuse of problems right before payment for certain breaks.

There is a member in that group break that admits to holding out on payment and bailing twice. In my opinion 1 time is too many. I totally understand when issues arise and someone having to opt out. But this guy is clearly messed up. He admit to being snowed in and not being able to make a payment nor leave his house to made accommodations for payment. Yet he has a BST thread up trying to sell quick ?? WHat if someone pays him? Does he really think he will be able to ship in a timely manner if he gets paid even though he clams to be snowed in and can't leave home? LOL. The gonads on some people..
There's really no reason to do this. It's honestly online bullying, I don't know why people do this. OJ is over exaggerating and going into assumption about everything. I specifically told him to stop harassing me and stalking me on the forums, I notified moderators. He is bashing when the proof is in the pudding.

There are several members who have not paid once or twice or even more. Coming from my point of view as a person that did indeed had to back out, I believe the following steps can be taken to avoid what happens on a regular basis:

1. No exceptions on payment deadlines whether its 1 or 10 slots.

2. You don't pay within a 24 hr/48 hr deadline then you are booted from that break. There is no extensions on payment deadlines no matter who you are or how many slots you've paid.

3. People who have had a history of not paying by deadline should have a 1 strike pass rule. We're all humans as stuff comes up. Once it exceeds, that member should have to make payment right after slot request.

This would prevent the boards from being saturated with all this policing and saturation of all the banter that goes on. STOP POLICING THREADS AND LET THE HOSTS DO THEIR JOBS, IF ITS NOT UP TO YOUR STANDARDS THEN YOU SHOULD HOST BREAKS.

Allow me to give you members the facts:

Break 1:
I requested to be a back up for the break. I made a mistake by pming the host rather than posting it on the thread (my mistake). There was a lot back and forth between me and another member and also OJ (OJ had nothing to do with it but he felt the need to be) about who was first for back up. Host confirmed I was the first back up. Host confirmed my payment was in before deadline. I apologized about any misunderstandings or issues, it was over, OJ who has nothing to do with it, and decides to instigate the matter and acts as an enabler to fire up matters further. I was harassed because I fought for my back up which IN FACT was mine and then my payment was within deadline but I was harassed that I was second to last to make payment WITHIN DEADLINE.

Break 2:
I requested to be in the break. The break was very slow to fill up, Host posted that break would probably not happen until after Christmas. I definitely procrastinated, and did not consider a Snow Storm. I went onto the Snoqualmie Pass to visit some friends and family, and the pass got closed due to a storm. I had no chains nor a way to get to a bank, it was poor decision making on my part, and I was not prepared. I admitted that and it was my first time having to back out. I messaged the host and owned up to my fault, I was harassed and threatened to be defamed on the boards. Where 3 other members who have also not made payments were given a pass. One with who did not post anything on the thread admitting that he is backing out of 3 slots. One who did not reply at all and while still being active on other threads. And one who admitted doing the same thing on a previous thread.

Yet I got bombarded with accusations based off assumptions of trying to off load my sales to pay for my slots, which was not the case at all. The sale of those cards have been up prior to me even joining the break and I did my usual bump. The accusation of me lying about being stuck on the pass is absurd, because I do not have direct deposit nor does my bank offer taking a picture of the check and depositing. I was going to make a deposit and the weather stopped me, I'm not going to put my life on the line to drive over Snoqualmie pass for a card break...and neither will DOT... go do some research before fingers are being pointed and I get threats, harassment, and trolling for absolutely no reason.

AND IF MEMBERS FEEL AS THOUGH I DESERVE ALL THIS, THEN SO SHOULD ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS THAT HAVE BACKED OUT ONCE because of an issue. NOT JUST ME, everyone that has been guilty of backing out of a break once .... whether it's a ban or negative or whatever....This happened ONCE, and MAYBE it was OJ's last straw and he is venting his frustrations at me, but honestly this is wrong I have done this ONLY once and he can't consider BREAK 1 as being another time because I GOT PAYMENT IN BEFORE DEADLINE!!!!!

Last edited by shindo03; 12-23-2013 at 06:42 PM.
shindo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
37Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: South Central PA
Posts: 10,302
Default

I believe that three strikes is too many. Group Breaks require the support of it's members meeting their commitments in a timely manner. Non-payers should receive negative feedback at the discretion of the breaker. Breakers should also be allowed to exclude anyone with a non-paying strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindo03 View Post
There's really no reason to do this. It's honestly online bullying, I don't know why people do this. OJ is over exaggerating and going into assumption about everything. I specifically told him to stop harassing me and stalking me on the forums, I notified moderators. He is bashing when the proof is in the pudding.

There are several members who have not paid once or twice or even more. Coming from my point of view as a person that did indeed had to back out, I believe the following steps can be taken to avoid what happens on a regular basis:

1. No exceptions on payment deadlines whether its 1 or 10 slots.

2. You don't pay within a 24 hr/48 hr deadline then you are booted from that break. There is no extensions on payment deadlines no matter who you are or how many slots you've paid.

3. People who have had a history of not paying by deadline should have a 3 strike rule. For instance this is my first time, so I would have strike 1. If you reach 3 strikes, then you can't join a break unless you pay right after your request for your slots.

This would prevent the boards from being saturated with all this policing and saturation of all the banter that goes on. STOP POLICING THREADS AND LET THE HOSTS DO THEIR JOBS, IF ITS NOT UP TO YOUR STANDARDS THEN YOU SHOULD HOST BREAKS.

Allow me to give you members the facts:

Break 1:
I requested to be a back up for the break. I made a mistake by pming the host rather than posting it on the thread (my mistake). There was a lot back and forth between me and another member and also OJ (OJ had nothing to do with it but he felt the need to be) about who was first for back up. Host confirmed I was the first back up. Host confirmed my payment was in before deadline. I apologized about any misunderstandings or issues, it was over, OJ who has nothing to do with it, and decides to instigate the matter and acts as an enabler to fire up matters further. I was harassed because I fought for my back up which IN FACT was mine and then my payment was within deadline but I was harassed that I was second to last to make payment WITHIN DEADLINE.

Break 2:
I requested to be in the break. The break was very slow to fill up, Host posted that break would probably not happen until after Christmas. I definitely procrastinated, and did not consider a Snow Storm. I went onto the Snoqualmie Pass to visit some friends and family, and the pass got closed due to a storm. I had no chains nor a way to get to a bank, it was poor decision making on my part, and I was not prepared. I admitted that and it was my first time having to back out. I messaged the host and owned up to my fault, I was harassed and threatened to be defamed on the boards. Where 3 other members who have also not made payments were given a pass. One with who did not post anything on the thread admitting that he is backing out of 3 slots. One who did not reply at all and while still being active on other threads. And one who admitted doing the same thing on a previous thread.

Yet I got bombarded with accusations based off assumptions of trying to off load my sales to pay for my slots, which was not the case at all. The sale of those cards have been up prior to me even joining the break and I did my usual bump. The accusation of me lying about being stuck on the pass is absurd, because I do not have direct deposit nor does my bank offer taking a picture of the check and depositing. I was going to make a deposit and the weather stopped me, I'm not going to put my life on the line to drive over Snoqualmie pass for a card break...and neither will DOT... go do some research before fingers are being pointed and I get threats, harassment, and trolling for absolutely no reason.

AND IF MEMBERS FEEL AS THOUGH I DESERVE ALL THIS, THEN SO SHOULD ALL THE OTHER MEMBERS THAT HAVE BACKED OUT ONCE because of an issue. NOT JUST ME, everyone that has been guilty of backing out of a break once .... whether it's a ban or negative or whatever....This happened ONCE, and MAYBE it was OJ's last straw and he is venting his frustrations at me, but honestly this is wrong I have done this ONLY once and he can't consider BREAK 1 as being another time I've done it because I GOT PAYMENT IN BEFORE DEADLINE!!!!!
__________________
Concentrating on my personal collection. Please drop me a PM if you have any of the following for sale: Topps Football 1956-1959; 1961-1968; Philadelphia Football 1964-1967, Autographs of Baseball/Football Vintage Stars and Hall of Famers (especially on card autos), 1990's Topps Chrome Refractor Inserts of all sports.
37Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
I believe that three strikes is too many. Group Breaks require the support of it's members meeting their commitments in a timely manner. Non-payers should receive negative feedback at the discretion of the breaker. Breakers should also be allowed to exclude anyone with a non-paying strike.
I agree that negative feedbacks should be given, but then it should be equal, with no favoritism. Or a fair warning of what will be enforced. It's absolutely unfair when one breaker who purchases the bulk of the slots gets a pass because he is a mega slot buyer, and then the average slot buyer doesn't get a pass. If it's not 3 strikes, then 1 strike, cause stuff happens, just wait till it happens to someone who is a mega slot buyer, then the politics will change. Equal Opportunity and correction of bullying is all I am looking for. I edited the rules... thanks for your insight and I believe after 1 strike pass and you do it again after that , it should be mandatory to make payment right after that. Or even better even after a 1 strike mandatory payment right after.

Last edited by shindo03; 12-23-2013 at 06:50 PM.
shindo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Shindo03 has about 9% of the story correct.

First off I never did anything to you until you ran your mouth hard for no reason. You fought tooth and nail in that initial break trying to prove the back up slot was yours. I called you in that break because you were posting 1000 times per hour to get the slot but then you never paid. You waited till past the deadline and the breaker extended the deadline which you still had trouble meeting. For a guy that was all up in arms to get the back up slot, you had all the time to make a case for it, but not pay for it?

You got yourself into the mess by harassing me in private. You sent pm's to myself and various people (we all talked about it).

All I asked you to do was not join any group breaks if you haven't got the $$. Pretty simple.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 492
Default

^ I really don't want to keep going back and forth.... the thread proves everything. I was not fighting tooth and nail, I was merely stating the slot was mine. Host confirmed. I apologized. I DID PAY WITHIN DEADLINE AND IT'S STATED WITHIN THE THREAD THAT I DID BY HOST. READ THE THREAD. I PAID FOR IT PRIOR TO DEADLINE AND THE PM's, it all runs consistent. STOP fabricating. I never harassed you about anything, I apologized wished you a happy holidays and told everyone to stop with all the drama and let water go under the bridge about our disagreements. YOU THREATENED ME SAYING THAT YOU WOULD CONTINUE TO DEFAME ME unless I stop joining breaks, which I only messed up ONCE. Then you said I could join breaks if I TOLD the OP to give me NEG, which he said it was fine. Why are you egging this on man????
shindo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 492
Default

Chaugsetter (Host of Break 1):

"I apologize for the delay in responding that is my own fault...I went from camping out last night for the xbox one to flying to a family commitment today so that is my fault.

In regards to the backup spot the order goes
Shindo who contacted me at 2:45 am
Texex who contacted me at 8:08 am
Rojallad who contacted me at 12:56 pm

Nothing but facts there and thank you to those who have paid"


Chaugsetter pm'd me and said this 11/23/13 at 8:23 PM (which means 8:23 AM 11/24/13) :

"Just a heads up payment is due in about 12 hours"

I PAID AT 11/24/13 @ 2:23 AM!

Another member said this:
"I am pretty sure everyone has until tomorrow at 12:00 noon to pay , yea it would be nice if we can do the random sooner but lets not get all worked up over the small things ... "

THERE IS THE FACTS.

You threatened to keep trolling me and defame me unless I took a negative or banned myself from the breaks.

I admit that I was snowed in and could not get payment in because of my assumption that I would be able to cash in my check. I apologized. Host was fine with it. Done and Done. And you keep pressing the issue by sending me messages and making new threads about me when others had been guilty of not making payment. This is not about making payments or not, I was at fault ONCE, I apologized to everyone I plan on making payment right after I choose a slot if I choose to participate. I had an issue with weather, believe it or not. The sale thread was up and going much earlier than the break. THIS IS ABOUT HARASSMENT, TROLLING, AND BULLYING ONLINE. STOP. And if you're going to defame me then defame everyone else that you know has done the same thing, don't just single me out and keep pushing and pressing the issue.

Last edited by shindo03; 12-24-2013 at 02:48 AM.
shindo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,258
Default

I agree if you pull out before it goes live and they start accepting payments that's fine...but once its filled and payment is to be made if you don't pay im all for giving out negatives...gets old waiting 48 hours for a random knowing damn well certain people wont pay
jerryw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 492
Default

I just want to emphasize I am not rooting for people not to pay for breaks. I just think that all people should be accountable, not just be singled out and there to be favoritism. I admittedly got snowed in on the pass. I agree Negatives should be given out also. I fulfilled my payment for the first break within in deadline, if the rules are enforced to 24 hours then that is what I will abide by. I just don't think it is right to egg people on when rules have already be established from the get go and back ups are taken. Why would there be back ups ... it's funny cause when breaks are not being filled then people are complaining about payments, and when breaks are being filled too fast then people are wishing for back outs to be back ups....I just want to be treated equally as the next person and not get harassed when I was straight forward about my situation and offered to quicken to process to back ups, while others tried to avoid the hosts and members (back outs).

Last edited by shindo03; 12-24-2013 at 02:50 AM.
shindo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,132
Default

If you don't have the cash in your PayPal-linked bank account (I'll assume that you take the approach I do and link PayPal to a bank account that you never leave much money in for long, so they can't withdraw a large sum from your account) and can't make it to a bank quickly, that's what credit cards are for. If you don't have a credit card, you're either under 18 (in which case I don't want you making a contract that can affect me, because you're a minor and can back out of it in many cases) or you really need to get with the 21st century.

Quick payment deadlines on breaks that take a long time to fill are problematic. People get sick, people take vacations, people have jobs that may put them through insane stretches at work, people travel for business, etc.

But if you're online and checking this forum, you had better be ready to pay when it fills.

"The price went down on other breaks of this product" is not an excuse. You decided what a break slot was worth to you when you bid it/ordered it. Box price doesn't affect that. You want to engage in "efficient breach," I probably won't want to deal with you in the future.
NickM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 492
Default

^ I agree... as far as a credit card, it's not linked to my paypal. The price going down should not be an issue cause this business is time sensitive anyways...
shindo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: California
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Im currently in this break
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/a...round-2-a.html

To my better judgement, I really should have opted out when I saw a couple of members that are known to be tardy and somehow always have an excuse of problems right before payment for certain breaks.

There is a member in that group break that admits to holding out on payment and bailing twice. In my opinion 1 time is too many. I totally understand when issues arise and someone having to opt out. But this guy is clearly messed up. He admit to being snowed in and not being able to make a payment nor leave his house to made accommodations for payment. Yet he has a BST thread up trying to sell quick ?? WHat if someone pays him? Does he really think he will be able to ship in a timely manner if he gets paid even though he clams to be snowed in and can't leave home? LOL. The gonads on some people..
So let me get this straight ...when you say there are a ''couple Members " that were late are you referring to me as well ? That was the very first time I have ever been late ask someone ,I was at fault for not paying the very first day as I am usually one of the first to pay, yea if you do not pay for a spot within the time frame sure dish out a negative that is fair , Merry Christmas
luvchrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 02:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 492
Default

^thank the christmas gods....but I don't think he was referring to you. I mean people got harassed, it's ridiculous. Rojallad got no harassment, neither did Mrlaker.... only me and luvchrome got mentioned... and if it wasn't for some of these people then breaks wouldn't even be as relevant. Luvchrome even bought the host a spot......
shindo03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.