Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2010, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 24 Hour trade rules???

Mods and everyone,

Do we have set rules yet in place for these 12 and 24 hour trades? I personally like the idea, but wanna make sure that there are processes in place to make sure its done correctly. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Kevin
kevinshreves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

well basically i have run one and the way i did it was i posted a card and a couple people posted offers when i was done i looked at all the cards picked the one i liked the best and traded my card for the offer i liked.
eminem17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #3 (permalink)

Basically if you choose to list a cards for a 24 hour trade then you must trade your card at the end, regardless of the offers on the table at the end.
-Once you list your card or cards then you cannot take it down or back out of the 12/24 hour trade.
-The 12 or 24 hours ends either at a time set by the trader or if it isn't stated then exactly 12 to 24 hours after their first post.

http://s1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/whostillalive/For%20Trade%20and%20Sale/
Chino39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

i messed up on my first 12 hour one but now i know all the guidelines. basically you have to trade the card once you put it up. i'm doing another one tonight!!!
aandbcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

I'm not aware of any rule so this. I'm not really sure if we need any. If someone wants to do a "24 or 48 hour" trade and doesnt, then I think then those involved should hit their itrader...be a pretty quick an efficent way of ruining someones trade status on here, no?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
I'm not aware of any rule so this. I'm not really sure if we need any. If someone wants to do a "24 or 48 hour" trade and doesnt, then I think then those involved should hit their itrader...be a pretty quick an efficent way of ruining someones trade status on here, no?
agreed so if someone posts something up and the trades goes down they have to trade not back out...
Old 03-31-2010, 09:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

WOOHOO! I started the idea

"Thank the Lord for that burning bush, that big body Benz I was born to push..." - Just What IAm
nuggetsman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)

If they say their doing one of these so called "24 hour" trades, at that point if a trade doesnt happen, I see no reason everyone that posted should hit their itrader up. Its nothing more than a bad sale, no?

That being said you'll never see me do one. If I'm looking to trade thats fine, but those that know me a trade could take a week or longer to hash out.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

#1 Rule is that you post the offers in the thread, maybe the trader keeps a leaderboard. I don't think you should have to accept an offer, if you got lowballed you shouldn't be forced to accept, but it kind of ruins it.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

As long as the offers are posted (not pm'd), what should they have to keep a "leaderboard"?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
As long as the offers are posted (not pm'd), what should they have to keep a "leaderboard"?
that way people could increase their offers if they want the card and are in second
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

I've never done these, but is this really that big of an issue? I would assume at some point during this the trader could post who is in the lead, no?
Old 04-04-2010, 09:38 AM   #13 (permalink)

Why don't we all work together if we want these and make a set of rules we see fit.
NEED: 2010/11 SP AUTHENTIC Steve Alford Letter Autos A,O,R
g8rzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

I read this and ask myself, "Are my fellow board-mates on crack?" Why can't you handle this without the Blowout mods? Do they need to change your diaper and wipe your behind too?
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

BO should just ban this 24 hour trade nonsense now and avoid all the future headaches. Just a stupid concept that can't be enforced since the person putting the card up can easily just back out (already happened once it appears) if he doesn't get anything offered that he wants. Nobody with any common sense will put up anything of value to begin with because of the risk so why bother ?

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:14 AM   #16 (permalink)

That's why I suggested we all work together to make some basic rules for the trades. Mods aren't necessary and I think we can handle it.
NEED: 2010/11 SP AUTHENTIC Steve Alford Letter Autos A,O,R
g8rzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:29 AM   #17 (permalink)

I have 1 running now but have not been offered what i asked for in fact i was offered an auto from a team i didnt asked for so i have to trade the card in the end if what i clearly asked for in the post was not offered at all?????
Old 04-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalfan13 View Post
I have 1 running now but have not been offered what i asked for in fact i was offered an auto from a team i didnt asked for so i have to trade the card in the end if what i clearly asked for in the post was not offered at all?????
No but if one or two people put cheap Cardinal autos up you're screwed, at least according to the whole ridiculous 24 hour concept. I'm sure people would be whining that you backed out.

What is the big 24 hour rush that you and other people need to do this ? If you just put the Kaline up for trade I'm sure it would move, if not throw a price up and sell it. Its a nice card, someone would take it off your hands. Doing the 24 hour thing is just stupid and opening yourself up for some headaches you don't need.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
No but if one or two people put cheap Cardinal autos up you're screwed, at least according to the whole ridiculous 24 hour concept. I'm sure people would be whining that you backed out.

What is the big 24 hour rush that you and other people need to do this ? If you just put the Kaline up for trade I'm sure it would move, if not throw a price up and sell it. Its a nice card, someone would take it off your hands. Doing the 24 hour thing is just stupid and opening yourself up for some headaches you don't need.

I agree why bother with it at all so now as far as my sitsuation goes i guess i hope someone offers me something i can use or i get no more offers
Old 04-04-2010, 10:48 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
BO should just ban this 24 hour trade nonsense now and avoid all the future headaches. Just a stupid concept that can't be enforced since the person putting the card up can easily just back out (already happened once it appears) if he doesn't get anything offered that he wants. Nobody with any common sense will put up anything of value to begin with because of the risk so why bother ?
I agree - although the most effective way to put it to a stop might be to simply put these rules in place:

1. The OP must trade the card, within the timeline he/she stated.
2. All offers must be shown in the thread.
3. If the OP decides not trade the card, all members who made an offer are allowed to leave appropriate iTrader feedback.

If we do this, I think we'll see a little more clarity from the OP (i.e. "looking for Mets and Yankees patch autos, looking for PSA-graded RC, etc.). If it works out, then we'll all have access to 'new' cards for our PCs. If not, which I assume will be the case, this board-clogging crap will come to an end.
endthecurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #21 (permalink)

Trade rules with 12 and 24 hour limits and you have to trade your card away no matter what????? What the heck. As anyone knows me, I will trade my card if the return trade is good for both parties and feedback goes in Itrader! Thats my rules. It may take an hour, it may take a week. Do not ruin something good on these boards. Too many rules and micro-managing and too many cooks in the kitchen.. you know what happens next. i believe in guidelines and rules, of course, but once you start throwing in a rule for every rule you have, its a mess. I want to be able to trade freely with my board members and not watch the clock!
mike-the-ripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #22 (permalink)

They can be fun and can be treated like an auction. And, you can specify in the rules what you want for it. Like Cardinal fan said in his.... It must be a Cardinal auto.... If not met, your rules weren't followed. Here is an example of some rules...

THE RULES:
1. You make an offer. You can post a scan, but don't ask me to check buckets
2. We follow BO trading rules, meaning that if you have low feedback you send 1st
3. Somebody will go home with this card, I'm not going to retract this
4. No limit to the number of cards that can be offered for this lot
5. I will post periodically in here who the leader is, the others may adjust their offers if they'd like
6. Just like I cannot retract my cards you cannot retract your offer
7. If you are the winner we will setup a transactions thread and consider it a done deal!
8. This ends at 8:34 AM Sunday, April 4
9. Card must be a Cardinals AUTO.

The HUGE downfall to this is some one could offer you a Juan Encarnacion auto and you have to uphold your end. Like I said, it is just like an auction. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you fall real short. But, ultimately, if you are just wantin to trade.... This kills the crave.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

Seriously let's just merge this board with fcb or scf and be done with it.so many god damn rules the entire thing is just one heap of a convoluted mess.

I remember a time when this board didn't have any rules and we could police ourselves.

Thanks for ruining it.
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dberry503 View Post
2. We follow BO trading rules, meaning that if you have low feedback you send 1st
Please show me where this is in the rules.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

end the debate ban this type of trading here