Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sales format in B/S/T section.

Just a short rant...Can we please make a few requirements in BST section when posting things for sale.

#1. $ BEFORE the number unless you are french canadian.
#2. Prices after the scan so you don't need to scroll up after seeing the cards then scroll back down.
#3. Is it possible to use spell check?

Thanks
Old 03-05-2014, 01:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewcer2k5 View Post
Just a short rant...Can we please make a few requirements in BST section when posting things for sale.

#2. Prices after the scan so you don't need to scroll up after seeing the cards then scroll back down.

Thanks
Don't get me started on rants.

What's the point of posting a "whos up for a sales thread", having 15 people chime in "me!!!!" and then waiting 30 minutes to post? JUST POST!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeh I agareee it shud be like that I just sold a card fer only 78$
eaglescubs555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks
I'm so glad I'm not alone on #2.
***Need #9 Stephen Curry Guard Duty from 2013 Prizm to complete set!***
GreatAlbert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescubs555 View Post
Yeh I agareee it shud be like that I just sold a card fer only 78$
Just makes you look unintelligent. NBD

Old 03-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

How about backing up and addressing the titles of threads?

"Oakland A's prospects and rookies" is not a thread title.

Start the title with FS, FT, WTTF, WTB, etc... then simply state what you are wanting to sell, buy or trade.

bucket - http://s1069.photobucket.com/user/SquirrelyThings/library
Super8er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks
Suggestions Box - Blowout Cards Forums

Cry me a river.
babyfaceposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
Don't get me started on rants.

What's the point of posting a "whos up for a sales thread", having 15 people chime in "me!!!!" and then waiting 30 minutes to post? JUST POST!
Jeff, it's just a ploy to keep the OP's thread at the top of the page. People that do this are skirting the rules of a 24 hour bump.
hoopster3977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Just makes you look unintelligent. NBD

And unprofessional. I usually don't buy from people who format the sales thread poorly.
eaglescubs555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfaceposey View Post
Suggestion box seems to be for site changes not user's all making each others lives easier.

Thanks for pointing it over there though

Community should try and all do stuff the same way...I know its a wild wild wish but maybe people will want to all work better together.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Good points. Lets also all make 8 sell threads a day so we can push other members to the next page. Lets all do it the same way guys.
Well played sir
John 12:25-26 "Whoever loves his life loses it, and whoever hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life."
nateyad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Good points. Lets also all make 8 sell threads a day so we can push other members to the next page. Lets all do it the same way guys.
Go for it. I created my sales thread in a simple format to get buyers that are looking in a certain price point. If something new comes in I list it once then add it to the appropriate thread.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Quote:

Thanks
You could be paying in Rubies, Yen, or Peso's. For me given this is a US site, I assume (yes assume) payment is in US dollars unless otherwise stated.

If you check the rules it actually states prices first and at the top of the thread. Why - so if there are no prices I dont have to go hunting to find it. Makes it much easier on the mods for those that dont care to read or follow the rules. If anything call it a little favorable moderator input if you will. That being said I've yet to see us delete a thread for putting prices at the top, bottom, middle, left, right of any image. As long as they're there I dont care, maybe one of the moderators do - but until all the other rules are followed price placement will likely not be enforced.

As for # 3...I'd be happy with proper grammar I can read easily. Punctuation is what is it, and I'm just as guilty as others for not using the apostrophe and or missing a period or comma here or there. I'm not a Most typo's (which I'm guilty of and are most others) we can easily look over. However given this is a forum - keep in mind what and how you type is you will be perceived. Doesn't matter how old or young you are, or your gender or color. Its how you type and then if your making deals how you carry yourself during those. Good communication, proper and timely shipping, you could be 5 years old and not one member would care and you'd quickly be a welcomed addition to the site.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:

Thanks
Oui Oui Sir! Is it necessary to p%ss & moan over things so petty?
pmannings#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
You could be paying in Rubies, Yen, or Peso's. For me given this is a US site, I assume (yes assume) payment is in US dollars unless otherwise stated.

If you check the rules it actually states prices first and at the top of the thread. Why - so if there are no prices I dont have to go hunting to find it. Makes it much easier on the mods for those that dont care to read or follow the rules. If anything call it a little favorable moderator input if you will. That being said I've yet to see us delete a thread for putting prices at the top, bottom, middle, left, right of any image. As long as they're there I dont care, maybe one of the moderators do - but until all the other rules are followed price placement will likely not be enforced.

As for # 3...I'd be happy with proper grammar I can read easily. Punctuation is what is it, and I'm just as guilty as others for not using the apostrophe and or missing a period or comma here or there. I'm not a Most typo's (which I'm guilty of and are most others) we can easily look over. However given this is a forum - keep in mind what and how you type is you will be perceived. Doesn't matter how old or young you are, or your gender or color. Its how you type and then if your making deals how you carry yourself during those. Good communication, proper and timely shipping, you could be 5 years old and not one member would care and you'd quickly be a welcomed addition to the site.
This was posted in the baseball section b/c it was a personal preference kind of rant that just makes life easier. Not asking any mods to make any rules or even consider closing a thread for any of these reasons. I just feel like people (mostly of the younger variety) are learning nothing in school these days and it's proven by their terrible grammar, spelling, and even how they use the $ sign. Of course we know the transactions are in US Dollars but it's just really annoying to read. I know there was something about this earlier where in Canada the French Canadians put the symbol after the #, which is why I referenced them.