Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > GENERAL INFORMATION AREA > Welcome New Members! *Read here first* > Suggestions Box

Suggestions Box Make suggestions on how we can improve the Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

no you cant Captain, thats called the captain rule

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CaptainBOHICA

horse sht. ill do it anyways!
CaptainBOHICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBOHICA View Post
does this mean i can't have another iteration of my one card per 1/2 hr sale?!?!?!?!
Not sure about Robert and Tony, but I'm actually quite fine with those threads. Its slightly different in my eyes than the issues we are trying to address.

Please send 1 Tony Sanchez card to me for the special treatment

Joking of course.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
Not sure about Robert and Tony, but I'm actually quite fine with those threads. Its slightly different in my eyes than the issues we are trying to address.

Please send 1 Tony Sanchez card to me for the special treatment

Joking of course.
How many do u want? lol

Photobucket:
http://s985.photobucket.com/user/Matts_cardz/library/?sort=3&page=1
matts_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

Since I was the one who started this let me just say that I understand why my thread had to be deleted. I am the one who screwed up and posted before 24 hours. It is my fault obviously. Rules are rules and I am not debating that. Lesson learned.
bd3d86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd3d86 View Post
Since I was the one who started this let me just say that I understand why my thread had to be deleted. I am the one who screwed up and posted before 24 hours. It is my fault obviously. Rules are rules and I am not debating that. Lesson learned.
See now if everyone was like this the forum would be paradise. A bit like the Stepford Wives, but in a good way
Old 04-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
See now if everyone was like this the forum would be paradise. A bit like the Stepford Wives, but in a good way
Oh wait, I mean I am still really ticked and it's everybody's fault, but my own. I shouldn't have to read rules!!
Old 04-15-2010, 02:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endthecurse View Post
I'm guessing Pat took it down between the time I posted and the time you read it

I, for one, love the rule (until I really really want to sell something really really fast, that is).

You just have to sell something everyone wants and at a good price, and it will sell really really fast.

I sold a lot of 13 Topps Million Card redemption codes in 7 minutes yesterday.
I even raised my price, because a week ago I sold a lot of 13, and they were gone in 20 minutes.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***

Last edited by weedyalan; 04-15-2010 at 02:38 PM.
weedyalan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 02:59 PM   #34 (permalink)

i issued an apology on the baseball topic thread, you can read it there if your really interest, no harm was intended by the comment with the card i forgot to scan, wasnt even thinking that it would bump it to the top, thread has been deleted which is understandable, just trying to have fun with the hobby. I understand why everyone gets angry at the bumps and it wont happen again on my end.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:02 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyyyyyy View Post
i issued an apology on the baseball topic thread, you can read it there if your really interest, no harm was intended by the comment with the card i forgot to scan, wasnt even thinking that it would bump it to the top, thread has been deleted which is understandable, just trying to have fun with the hobby. I understand why everyone gets angry at the bumps and it wont happen again on my end.
See, another person putting the blame on themselves! I may have started a trend!
Old 04-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #36 (permalink)

just wanna gain the trust of everyone here...im in college and everyone is constantly reminding me to network yourself no matter where you go. Why not start here
Old 04-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
im getting a little sick of some members posting different cards in threads after 20 minutes intervals and every morning I wake up and they bump each one of them....I know the mods are working hard here, its just a little annoying though just saying
here here - need to start merging threads and/or deleting the others to get the OPs to use one thread instead of 7. I could name about 4-5 members right off the top of my head that do this, but I'm not going to call them out here...yet
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
here here - need to start merging threads and/or deleting the others to get the OPs to use one thread instead of 7. I could name about 4-5 members right off the top of my head that do this, but I'm not going to call them out here...yet
Maybe if the op could change the title of the thread (ie: add a player) it would cut down the multi threads (some of them anyway).

They could also change "show me what you have" "$1.77 in PP show me" "best 1/1 auto for $0.75"
Old 04-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #39 (permalink)

As has been suggested before, BO should honestly consider either dropping the B/S/T forums or restricting posting in them to members with X posts & Y days on the board.

These sub-forums account for the majority of clutter, lead to countless disputes and force the mods to do an increased amount of tedious work. Rules don't work with the majority of the members here because for too long they were rarely enforced. To many newer members, this site is just a place for free advertising.

Maybe having some kind of post/time requirement might force those new members into not only making actual contributions to the board before they can start to spam their cards, but they might also *gasp* learn the rules before they start posting their B/S/T threads because they'll be able to observe (in an ideal world) correctly posted threads.

I really hope the mods on here are shown enough appreciation from BO. As someone who has owned/admin'd a large forum (comprised primarily of adults) for years, I probably wouldn't have the patience to deal with what goes on here.
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
As has been suggested before, BO should honestly consider either dropping the B/S/T forums or restricting posting in them to members with X posts & Y days on the board.

These sub-forums account for the majority of clutter, lead to countless disputes and force the mods to do an increased amount of tedious work. Rules don't work with the majority of the members here because for too long they were rarely enforced. To many newer members, this site is just a place for free advertising.

Maybe having some kind of post/time requirement might force those new members into not only making actual contributions to the board before they can start to spam their cards, but they might also *gasp* learn the rules before they start posting their B/S/T threads because they'll be able to observe (in an ideal world) correctly posted threads.

I really hope the mods on here are shown enough appreciation from BO. As someone who has owned/admin'd a large forum (comprised primarily of adults) for years, I probably wouldn't have the patience to deal with what goes on here.
Being someone who has abused the privilege (learned my lesson today) i wouldnt agree with completely dropping the b/s/t. The whole purpose of this hobby would be to increase your collection, whether that means selling to buy more, vise versa, or trading. But adding restrictions would not be a bad idea.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:30 PM   #41 (permalink)

First off, allow me to give much deserved "kudos" to the mods on this site. I think you guys are MORE than diplomatic and even-handed in the way that this board is monitored/handled.

Secondly, I'd like to congratulate Bookyyyyyy and bd3d86 for admitting FAULT. This is something not only unheard of on this forum...but in today's world in general. Nice work guys.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:31 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMabry47 View Post
First off, allow me to give much deserved "kudos" to the mods on this site. I think you guys are MORE than diplomatic and even-handed in the way that this board is monitored/handled.

Secondly, I'd like to congratulate Bookyyyyyy and bd3d86 for admitting FAULT. This is something not only unheard of on this forum...but in today's world in general. Nice work guys.
if there was a like button on this forum like facebook, id click it for this post
Old 04-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyyyyyy View Post
if there was a like button on this forum like facebook, id click it for this post
LOL. I don't know...I'm a facebook addict (admitting it is Step 1, right?)....the recent South Park episode pretty much hit it on the head. I've only been on for less than a year...but it is WAYYYY addicting. Kinda like this site, except no "Farm" requests or cryptic "some people need to stop cheating on their girlfriends!!!" drama-posts on here...at least not yet.

Last edited by JohnMabry47; 04-15-2010 at 04:49 PM.
JohnMabry47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #44 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by matts_cardz View Post
im getting a little sick of some members posting different cards in threads after 20 minutes intervals and every morning I wake up and they bump each one of them....I know the mods are working hard here, its just a little annoying though just saying
This is exactly why the members of the forum should be able to change the title of their thread. If you can change the title you can add things like "Price Reduced" and "more cards added"

It would reduce redundant threads and all the clutter that we are experiencing now. Just a thought.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post

The B/S/T forum is a good thing, just miss used! As far a post count requirements, POST COUNTS are 90% of the problem here, need to get rid of the counts all together!!!
Old 04-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post
The B/S/T forum is a good thing, just miss used! As far a post count requirements, POST COUNTS are 90% of the problem here, need to get rid of the counts all together!!!
I like seeing how active people are on the site. I look at it more than iTrader, when I deal with someone. I want to deal with the people that are here all the time.

*** NEW CARDS ADDED TO COMC 6/8/14 ***
weedyalan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by papajim View Post
Let it be, sometimes you sift through crap and get deals.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #48 (permalink)

I think for the bumping, it's mostly just the ones that get bumped after an hour that need deleting, for mine I usually bump between 18-30 hours after depending when I last logged in, some days I get on at 3:30, others like tonight 8:30, but it still averages out to be 1 a day
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:38 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
I think for the bumping, it's mostly just the ones that get bumped after an hour that need deleting, for mine I usually bump between 18-30 hours after depending when I last logged in, some days I get on at 3:30, others like tonight 8:30, but it still averages out to be 1 a day
I'm not here to pick on you, but I just want to point out that you do have 7 active threads that were all "bumped" at the same time tonight, all these could have been condensed into 3 posts to cover baseball. basketball and football b-s-t. I have learned that if you need to keep bumping it up and no one responds then you should probably just let it be and move on. If someone does come along and is interested they will find your post.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #50 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Posting this in several areas in hopes its seen, but think most everyone is aware bumped threads are being deleted

Pending any changes from the mod's here is out plan for dealing with the bumping of threads issue.
  • Violators will be warned the first time,
    then given a 1 day suspension for the second offense
    and it will be stepped above that (3 day, 5 day, 7 day, 1 month, 6 month, then lifetime).